As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did You See The [nfl] And Watched The [AAF] Instead

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Fawst wrote: »
    That TV Curse is real, man. I assumed this was all Chicago until I saw he was T-2nd for most missed kicks.

I mean that's not a tv curse that's a guy not being very good at his job

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Couldn’t have ended any other way

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Parkey is amazingly good at hitting the goal posts.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    FUUUUUUUUCK

• Options
    Temporal ParadoxTemporal Paradox Registered User regular
    That's exactly why you ice the kicker.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

Is there another sport where that is the goal he could maybe switch to?

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    hippofant wrote: »

What if Parkey is actually the most legendary player at some sport that hasn't been invented yet?

hippofant on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The sport of

Poleyballykick

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

What if Parkey is actually the most legendary player at some sport that hasn't been invented yet?

In the future, they call it Parkeyball

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Bears get Mack.

Raiders get 2 first rounders

Both win the same number of playoff games this year.

Gruden, trading genius.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Fawst wrote: »
    That TV Curse is real, man. I assumed this was all Chicago until I saw he was T-2nd for most missed kicks.

I mean that's not a tv curse that's a guy not being very good at his job

Bringing up negative shit right before a pivotal game-winning play then having it play out is the definition of the TV Curse!

But that and him being bad is not mutually exclusive, so...

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
  • Options
    It looks like the kick was just barely tipped by Trayvon Hester

Apparently this is confirmed by Hester

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Rickie is a freaking treasure. Still I think that is like his all time most insane call I ever heard.

You could hear the whole progression of him losing his voice in that 45 second sound clip.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So the Eagles are gonna win the SB again huh

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    prolly gonna get absolutely shredded by brees sadly.

he always kills the eagles, and the secondary is as rough as it's been in quite some time

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Yeah, at the bar where I was watching the game last night, it was kinda funny to watch people go from losing their minds to suddenly, soberly reflecting that the Saints are probably gonna destroy the Eagles next week.

It was all like "YEEEAAAHHH EAGLESSSS- oh shit yeah I guess we play the Saints now, huh? Hm. Shit."

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    It'll be pretty surprising if it isn't Saints/Rams after next week.

• Options
    I just want Marmalard to fucking shred NE

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I too want the impossible dream. But we all but know NE is winning the superbowl again this year.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I too want the impossible dream. But we all but know NE is winning the superbowl again this year.

This is probably the most vulnerable I've seen them look in a long time.

It could happen but I don't expect them to win it all.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I don't feel that at all, and the general feel up here is that we're going to go out this round or next and slowly fade into obscurity as Brady's mortality finally catches up with him.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

I don't feel that at all, and the general feel up here is that we're going to go out this round or next and slowly fade into obscurity as Brady's mortality finally catches up with him.

Bullshit anytime NE looks vulnerable they march toward the inevitable victory.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Bullshit anytime NE looks vulnerable they march toward the inevitable victory.

Normally they have a poor start weeks 1-6 and then slowly turn into an unstoppable force throughout the rest of the season. That’s the normal “vulnerable” NE.

This year they’ve looked mediocre from start to finish.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    NE is definitely vulnerable but so is everyone else. There are no truly complete teams in the NFL right now

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I don't think anyone is beating Drew Brees

• Options
    I still think the Rams are the best team from top to bottom talent wise.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Nobody's a juggernaut, but we have a lot that could believably make the run and win this thing. KC, LA, & NO have all looked like a juggernaut at times this year, the Chargers were in that neighborhood, Philly lurks with the Big Dick Energy, Andrew Luck's beard is pretty hot right now, and the New England Vorhees should not be counted out until you see the body and confirm they're really dead (not just vulnerable or knocked down, DEAD).

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    CI’s top remaining teams:

NO - tops in DVOA, even holding that spot when looking at the games where everyone was going “are the Saints actually any good without a real 2nd WR?” The answer has always been “of course they are dingus”

LAC - that’s a really good defense that’s healthy and was able to adjust its game plan against a really good Ravens team, and the offense is pretty good too

Indy - has the “hot offshoot of the Andy Reid coaching tree” thing going right now and I’m pretty sure they’re going to make KC look real bad

NE - I want to say you can’t count them out until they’re out, so that conflict is why they’re in the middle instead of top (past performance) or bottom (slow pile of shit roster)

KC - Andy Reid stink, but also a historically bad defense and a bad matchup with Indy

LAR - talent galore on both sides of the ball but gets shut down easily at times

Eagles - Foles package and Gritty

Cowboys - not actually that good in the ways that matter against the teams that remain

So to wrap up- I’m wrong about everything

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I didn't even realize until now that I'd named everyone but Dallas in my post. That's great, now they're gonna win it.

• Options
    Dwayne Haskins declared for the NFL.

Might be the Giants next QB

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The Rams defense is also not good. Second worst among playoff teams.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    I mean even when the patriots lose the super bowl I still wait a few days to breathe a sigh of relief.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Butters wrote: »
    The Rams defense is also not good. Second worst among playoff teams.

Which is crazy when you look at the players they have

ObiFett on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I expect KC to be competitive win or lose

We haven't gotten blown out all season

I think it'll be a good game.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

As much as I want this, the status quo of RINGLESS RIVERS must be maintained at all airdates costs (seriously, phone?).

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

I hate Ohio State, but when someone beast Brees' longstanding record in the Big 10 you know they're good

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Oghulk wrote: »

I hate Ohio State, but when someone beast Brees' longstanding record in the Big 10 you know they're good

Do not under any circumstances let any pressure near him

Gonna hear a lot about not using his feet properly, which makes it quite amazing that he had 70% accuracy while always sidearming it off balance 15+ yards downfield

Captain Inertia on
This discussion has been closed.