As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Russad wrote: »
    The matchmaking is very fragmented, because you've got 13 torment levels and then the.. 4(?) other pre-torment difficulties. It also depends on what you're trying to do. T13 rifts I've never had an issue finding a match for, but the other activities I either haven't tried on the Switch (keys), or have met limited success (GRs, bounties).

E: Speaking of finding full games, do we have a spreadsheet of Switch players somewhere? I would be all about adding friends before next season starts.

@Noggin maybe we should add the list that I think Bulwark made a bit ago? Or was someone else?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Ya I can add it if someone has it, maybe @UncleSporky ?

If not I can ask in the switch thread

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I posted an updated version a bit back, let me hunt it down.

Edit: @Noggin
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Officially Official List of Nintendo Switch Diablo 3 Players

UncleSporky - 5443-2358-9118
    skeldare - 3353-5433-5137
    Wraithverge - 0125-6851-0236
    TimFiji - 2322-2047-3148
    Stormwatcher - 5961-4777-3491
    TNTrooper - 6905-2510-1809
    DoctorArch - 6732-9515-9697
    Lindsay Lohan - 4979-2868-8944
    themightypuck - 1501-9129-2620
    urahonky - 0354-0000-5457
    Kyanilis - 2835-3370-3810
    eMoander - 3304-2356-9421
    Kreutz - 1865-7515-8884
    Entaru

Rehab
    mojojoeo
    DarkMecha

Septus-3333-7299-5216
    Bullhead-8584-3896-5292

Re-quoting UncleSporky from the last thread with this list. Any chance we can add to the intro page?

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
    Ok, I added the switch list. If any other Switch players want to be on there, feel free to PM me.

And reminder time I guess: the season ends this weekend, and restarts in 2 weeks

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I tooled around a bit this last season with a Crusader again. Fun but I miss the hard damage output of some of the other classes. I haven't tried the necro yet, is it worth checking out for next season?

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I’m playing Necro for the first time S16. I hear they’re quite good. Corpse Explosion makes leveling smooth.

Crusader is one of the top classes though. Once you get the build together, Akkan Condemn is crazy damage for anything solo. So, damage output isn’t an issue for crusader, but it might take more to get there than some other classes. Really just need hammers with Johanna’s flail in the cube to level.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I made a Wizard and lucked into a Firebird set with Deathwish and Etched Sigil. Now I just go around yelling Explosion while everything dies.

steam_sig.png
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I tooled around a bit this last season with a Crusader again. Fun but I miss the hard damage output of some of the other classes. I haven't tried the necro yet, is it worth checking out for next season?

They are the main damage unit for a group push on Greater Rifts. But it really takes getting used to the play style. Other than that it is a powerful set, but can't remember if the free set next season is overpowered or just an ok one to get the overpowered set.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Reinstalled D3 on Wednesday after uh, lots of time off. Think the last time I played was Season 2? Anyway. Built a crusader, since I hadn't made one of those yet. Got him up to 70, noticed that "chapters" thing filling up and completed it. Made 6/6 Roland's and specced into Sweep and whoops I'm in Torment X / GR45 already.

Roland's is pretty nuts.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    First time playing a seasonal character. First time playing at all, really. Once the season is over, my seasonal character will be converted to a standard character and all their Stash items, money, recipes, etc will all be accessible by any other standard character on my system?

Renzo wrote: »
    First time playing a seasonal character. First time playing at all, really. Once the season is over, my seasonal character will be converted to a standard character and all their Stash items, money, recipes, etc will all be accessible by any other standard character on my system?

Yep. That they will.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Wirt's Leg is showing as a blue item instead of yellow, so it doesn't give the map when you salvage it. Apparently it's being worked on. I definitely wanted to craft it three times instead of just once.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Wirt's Leg is showing as a blue item instead of yellow, so it doesn't give the map when you salvage it. Apparently it's being worked on. I definitely wanted to craft it three times instead of just once.
    I don't know what this means.

edited January 2019
    forty wrote: »

It's for the Darkening of Tristram event. On level 9 of the labyrinth, you come across a black mushroom. Grab that, return to old tristram, and do a mini fed-ex quest, resulting in a recipe for Wirt's Leg, a mace weapon. Craft that, which is supposed to be a Rare (yellow) item. Salvage it, and instead of crafting material, it will give you a "map" item that tells you the order you should click on the three cows in old tristram to open a door to an event-exclusive cow pet. The order is always 2-1-3, but the door won't open if you don't hold the map.

Right now, Wirt's Leg is crafting as a magic item (blue) instead of rare (yellow) and not producing the map when you salvage it, meaning you can't get the cow pet.

Blizzard are aware of it and are working to fix it.

Before I googled the issue, I made the leg a few times, at 1mil a pop, assuming I was doing something wrong. Oh well. Gold is very easy to come by at lvl 70, I'm discovering.

Renzo on
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

It's for the Darkening of Tristram event. On level 9 of the labyrinth, you come across a black mushroom. Grab that, return to old tristram, and do a mini fed-ex quest, resulting in a recipe for Wirt's Leg, a mace weapon. Craft that, which is supposed to be a Rare (yellow) item. Salvage it, and instead of crafting material, it will give you a "map" item that tells you the order you should click on the three cows in old tristram to open a door to an event-exclusive cow pet. The order is always 2-1-3, but the door won't open if you don't hold the map.

Right now, Wirt's Leg is crafting as a magic item (blue) instead of rare (yellow) and not producing the map when you salvage it, meaning you can't get the cow pet.

Before I googled the issue, I made the leg a few times, at 1mil a pop, assuming I was doing something wrong. Oh well. Gold is very easy to come by at lvl 70, I'm discovering.

The exact same bug was in the event last year.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2019
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Reinstalled D3 on Wednesday after uh, lots of time off. Think the last time I played was Season 2? Anyway. Built a crusader, since I hadn't made one of those yet. Got him up to 70, noticed that "chapters" thing filling up and completed it. Made 6/6 Roland's and specced into Sweep and whoops I'm in Torment X / GR45 already.

Roland's is pretty nuts.

Torment XIII / GR63 now. Still using Roland's, but I've been able to put together a pretty great stacking modifier on Sweep Attack (Blazing) and cubed an Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac for good Akarat's Champion (Prophet) uptime. Got 4/6 of Seeker of the Light, but I don't want to swap to that until 6/6.

Tynnan on
    Are you in the clan / do you you want an invite if not?

Either way, if you want to go for the free stash tab I could help with journey objectives tonight

Daimar wrote: »

The exact same bug was in the event last year.
    Facepalm.

Well, I got a good chunk of time with the game yesterday and completed all the event achievements except Wirt's Leg, which hopefully I'll be able to complete if the lone intern maintaining D3 ever gets back into the office. That graphical filter is a trip.

Do we lose double bounties now?

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    You could always try your luck looking for wirt's original leg, which grants a pretty spiffy severed leg transmog. Just don't salvage it. ^.^

Noggin wrote: »
    Are you in the clan / do you you want an invite if not?

Either way, if you want to go for the free stash tab I could help with journey objectives tonight

A clan invite would be great! Spinnaker#1133

Unfortunately the clan adding system is the dumbest process ever, so we both have to be online in diablo. I sent you a request though so I’ll keep an eye out.

Woo. Got the season journey in with 10 minutes to spare.

Can't wait for Season 16.

Reminder:
    Season 16 begins Friday, January 18 at 5:00 p.m. PST in North America, 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia.

oosik_betsuni.png
    10 minutes? Jesus, that's cutting it close.

Yeah, I almost forgot I needed to cube 4 more items. So logged in, did all the bounties and cubed 4 pieces of junk.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna do season 16.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna do season 16.

I was done but I think l’ll roll a wizard for S16.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Dooo iiit

I’m planning on sticking around longer for this one. The new theme should be good, and I’ve not played in a while.

I want to play Barb next but I like the look of that Crusader set from S16.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I did crusader in one of the early seasons (the first season the cube was added IIRC), and it was an easy class to do rifts on, but it got boring pretty quickly. I'm going to do something different. I always wanted to do jade harvest witch doctor, so I'll probably do that.

Jade is amazing! It’s not the free set, but arachyr can start pretty well and you’d only need to find 5 jade items.

Alternatively, Jade will be free in a couple months.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Which class gets the EZ-mode free set in Season 16?

I guess it might not be super-obvious at the moment, because all of those set buffs are going to take effect and it might change the state of things a bit?

edited January 2019
    I’m still working on another pre-season post, but ya, it’s not as clear cut this time and kinda varies based on your goals.

Like, IK Barb and Nat DH are decent starters that can easily use Sage’s with the theme buff, or to combo with other sets.(IK/RK Charge & Nat/Mara sentries)

Hammerdin, Blood mage necro, and Arachyr Doc can probably start faster, especially the first two, but no Sage’s and you’d probably want to collect another set.

Archon Wiz will feel clunky without Swami and mass CDR, and Monk will feel clunky without Flow of Eternity and you’re signing up for a lot of DB farming (monks need 3 weapons). These are the riskier starts, but Meteor Wiz is king and Monk has a bunch of solid options too.

TLDR
    - Fastest journey might be Hammers or Blood mages
    - Sticking around? Play what looks fun.
    - Wiz/DH/Jade have the most potential

Noggin on
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I generally regret trying to finish the journey without an impale DH, but looking at the conquests for this season, I may actually go back to my first Diablo 3 love - witch doctor. Jade could be fun with the buffs.

My brain is broke and I'll probably do it on both PC and the Switch. Maybe I'll run a sader for the console...

Last season's UE Multishot Demon Hunter was so incredibly easy to gear up and so easy to play that I feel kind of spoiled. I don't approach D3 as a game where I can test my skill as an innovative character build designer, or my reflexes for optimizing cooldown usage and pushing grifts, or whatever else; I approach it as a kind of zone-out relaxation game, where I push buttons and watch hordes of demons explode into fountains of gold and beams of orange light. To that end, UE was a joy to play.

I want to try a class I haven't put much time into before, but I kind of also just want a free ride.

I really appreciate the pre-Season 15 guide you put together, @Noggin - it's kind of what got me to go back to D3 after more than a year of not playing it, and I had an absolute blast. I got so into it that I actually pushed far enough through the Season Journey to get the bonus stash tab, which is the first time I've ever actually done it. I suspect that putting such a guide together takes a lot of time and effort, so I just wanted to let you know that I had a ton of fun thanks to your guide. I'm looking forward to the Season 16 guide (that being said, please don't feel obligated to do it! The second you stop enjoying the guide-making process, drop it!)

That’s really cool to hear, I’m glad it worked out for you!

And I don’t mind at all. I was already in the habit of keeping track of changes so I could make my own decisions about what to play each season.

In fact, I got so into D3 that I even grabbed it on the Switch on launch day. Should you feel pride that you cost me $60, Noggin? Shame? I dunno, but I really enjoyed slaying demons on my commute for a few weeks (since console Seasons don't get bonus stash tabs, I decided to tap out soon after hitting the tier that gets you the final set pieces/pet/etc).

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I'm curious how high arachyr WD can push locust swarm damage with wormwood in the cube. If it can clear T13 with the buffs I might go with that one. My poorly geared goblin farming WD can clear screens in ~T3 with just the passive locust swarm and it feels pretty smooth.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think I'm goona go in hard on season 16. Going to be either a wizard or a necro

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Just jumped back in to check out the Necro, haven't played in a couple of years.

Are there any good Nero builds not based around skills with a 2 minute cooldown? Because that's not what I wanna do.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
This discussion has been closed.