As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    This is cheesy as hell with the music and stuff, but 200 pounds in a year? Holy shit, I'm so glad for Vance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz9nsEjSS1o

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I need to get back on that.

Started DDPY early last year. I was around 285lbs. Got down to 250-255lbs by March, then just got slammed by depression for most of the year and went back up to 270-280lbs.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Applications for Okada Cruise 2019 open tomorrow

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Dave talked about the post WK meeting the Elite had with New Japan. Things could change post-MSG, but nothing has changed regarding the Elite not doing the Garden show period, AEW doesn’t want to work with “competition” including ROH, and New Japan chose to not conflict with their ROH partnership because obviously that would mean conflicts with MSG

In great news, Juice extended his deal and is in New Japan for 3 more years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sADnhR8NyNQ The most special Being The Elite yet

Marty has his party, the rally's getting livestreamed tomorrow, and the gang has a rough goodbye at the Dome

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I get why anyone would want to head to the WWE in a sense, but man, I'm not sure if you look at how they booked everyone but AJ Styles in the past few years and think that it's a good idea.

I'm sure the money is better, but I imagine they end up working more dates so it kinda evens out.

Actually, do NJPW wrestlers do house shows? Or just independent bookings? I have no idea now that I think about it.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I get why anyone would want to head to the WWE in a sense, but man, I'm not sure if you look at how they booked everyone but AJ Styles in the past few years and think that it's a good idea.

I'm sure the money is better, but I imagine they end up working more dates so it kinda evens out.

Actually, do NJPW wrestlers do house shows? Or just independent bookings? I have no idea now that I think about it.

Yeah they do, they work somewhat less the. Wwe tho

Also BTE totally implies Kenny is signing with AEW

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I mean, working three shows per week for $80k is better than working one show per week for $30k, no matter how you cut the cookie.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Apparently, NJPW won't be working with AEW, and may or may not continue working with ROH after the MSG show.

If they all end up competing with each other for #2 in the US, then things are going to be very interesting.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • existexist Registered User regular
    I don’t know. If that is true, I don’t see this going particularly well for any company involved, but I guess we’ll see.

UmPiq.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sADnhR8NyNQ The most special Being The Elite yet

Marty has his party, the rally's getting livestreamed tomorrow, and the gang has a rough goodbye at the Dome

Megaton huge big spoiler from BTE

edited January 2019
    For those who don’t know

Okada and the Bucks are very good friends. Iirc he slept on their couch and helped him out when they all were in TNA

bloodyroarxx on
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Impact being simulcast on Twitch has me irrationally excited for possible Twitch chat hilarity.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I wonder if Kenny would be the #1 guy immediately in AEW? He’s obviously the biggest single star they would get out the gate.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    For those who don’t know

Okada and the Bucks are very good friends. Iirc he slept on their couch and helped him out when they all were in TNA

Megaton huge big spoiler from BTE

It's never been documented but apparently Okada constantly steals Nick Jackson's gear and wears it around the locker room doing Young Bucks impersonations

• MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    God, please let Kota and Kenny somehow be in the G1 Climax show in Dallas... That would make my year.

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be super bummed if Kenny isn't at MSG.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

Kenny's phone is 100% counting down to the release of KH3

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular

I mean, working three shows per week for $80k is better than working one show per week for $30k, no matter how you cut the cookie.

Well, WWE stars on the main roster have to pay for their own transport and lodging between events when they wrestle in the US. That's a big part of why so many wrestlers ride together and often share hotel rooms. There have been lower card guys in the past that complained that it was a struggle when all the costs were factored together.

NJPW guys all get on a bus and get driven from place to place in Japan, and accommodation is paid for. I know they'll often have sponsors paying for food and drinks after the shows. They do house show tours in the lead up to major shows to build anticipation.

But if we're talking guys like Kushida, we're also talking much bigger numbers than $30k and $80k. If any of the reports are true, he's being offered quite a bit to jump ship. And fair enough, the guy has been working hard for a long time, and has probably reached his ceiling in NJPW. I hope he makes good money and enjoys his time, wherever he ends up.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    What happens if the Okada cruise and the Jericho cruise pass each other?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

BROADSIDE!!!

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

https://youtu.be/Isx0GBj1fxU

CYpGAPn.png
    AJR wrote: »

Well, WWE stars on the main roster have to pay for their own transport and lodging between events when they wrestle in the US. That's a big part of why so many wrestlers ride together and often share hotel rooms. There have been lower card guys in the past that complained that it was a struggle when all the costs were factored together.

NJPW guys all get on a bus and get driven from place to place in Japan, and accommodation is paid for. I know they'll often have sponsors paying for food and drinks after the shows. They do house show tours in the lead up to major shows to build anticipation.

But if we're talking guys like Kushida, we're also talking much bigger numbers than $30k and $80k. If any of the reports are true, he's being offered quite a bit to jump ship. And fair enough, the guy has been working hard for a long time, and has probably reached his ceiling in NJPW. I hope he makes good money and enjoys his time, wherever he ends up.

Well if it were up to me a certain O'Malley would be wrestling twice a week for the WWE (Smackdown & Raw) for $2+ million/year plus merch, and if you don't agree then O'Malley himself can spinning elbow you right in the skull.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Impact being simulcast on Twitch has me irrationally excited for possible Twitch chat hilarity.

They already have been on twitch for some ppv or big shows or whatever. The chat isn't like super toxic, well anymore than any twitch chat is.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I'm gonna be super bummed if Kenny isn't at MSG.

100% not happening

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    IDGI

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Here's some happy signing news - even though he has signed a full time contract with AJPW, Shuji Ishikawa will remain a member of DAMNATION (despite Daisuke Sasaki's pathetic attempt to kick him out). And of course he celebrated the announcement with karaoke.

Also, Puma King appears to officially be a member now, which is pretty cool.

ahh that makes more sense.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Mrs Foley's baby boy is known for his three faces, his death defying high impact style and as being one of wrestling's most beloved figures! We chart a course through thumbtacks, broken tables, 15ft high cages and a few sock puppets to delve in deep into the career of the Hardcore Legend!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Tweets like those are always weird to me.

Like, did Charlotte photoshop her face into that body and think no one would notice? Did she do it so Becky could burn her and continue the feud? Twitter wrestling is super weird.

And in regards to Kushida, I'm honestly curious as what WWE sees in him. I mean, I think the dude is great, but he strikes me in the Hideo Itami mold, and that didn't really work out that great.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Tweets like those are always weird to me.

Like, did Charlotte photoshop her face into that body and think no one would notice? Did she do it so Becky could burn her and continue the feud? Twitter wrestling is super weird.

And in regards to Kushida, I'm honestly curious as what WWE sees in him. I mean, I think the dude is great, but he strikes me in the Hideo Itami mold, and that didn't really work out that great.

I'm guessing it's a promo pic that WWE's promotional people put together. Becky then was notified (hell, probably by Charlotte) of the source.

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Here's some happy signing news - even though he has signed a full time contract with AJPW, Shuji Ishikawa will remain a member of DAMNATION (despite Daisuke Sasaki's pathetic attempt to kick him out). And of course he celebrated the announcement with karaoke.

Also, Puma King appears to officially be a member now, which is pretty cool.

And if you're wondering if I got weepy watching this all go down

The answer is yes

PAC/David Starr on Youtube Sunday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPkUvq77Ues

Lacey Evans was on Main Event and lost to Nattie apparently

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    PAC really challenging himself post WWE, trying to carry David Starr to something watchable is hardly an easy feat.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    It looks like we’re getting Ronda/Sasha at the Rumble, that should be fun.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    If only NJPW would have put KUSHIDA in the G1 this year instead of YOSHI-HASHI. We could still have NJPW KUSHIDA.

Plus the matches would have been way better.

• GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I watched some clips of the Mean Gene tribute by Hogan. Hogan is still scum in a multitude of ways, but it was a good heartfelt moment. And it seemed like Hogan had the sunglasses on at the end just so we wouldn't see the tears.

This discussion has been closed.