As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    so this is probably going to be my first raid where I make an efforf to get the gear from it

what do I need to know?

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    The 24 man? When the raid first comes out you can only get 1 piece of gear each week. Also you can only need it if it's for a class you enter the raid as. You can always greed for a piece that another class uses if you want. Things that aren't gear (so like pets, cards, and orchestration rolls) don't count towards the 1 per week so you can roll on those as much as you want.

If you mean for the 8 man then they just removed the weekly restriction on items (aside from the item used to get a weapon, that's still 1 per week). So you can run the latest raid tier as much as you want to get that set. Don't recall if it's the same for savage, but I don't do savage raiding.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Roegadyn
    just the 24 man

there's some kinda thing with coins and gems or something?

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Miqo'te
    just the 24 man

there's some kinda thing with coins and gems or something?

How it usually works is the first time you run a new 24-man each week (or every time for older raids) you get a token. Various coins have been the tokens for each the past two expansions' worth.

With those tokens, you can trade one of each to get a material to upgrade a piece of current tomestone equipment.

So with one of the first two tokens, you can get a material to upgrade 360 gear. With one of all three tokens, you can get a material to upgrade 390 gear. And so on.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Roegadyn
    mmkay, I've got older coins lying around for one upgrade's worth already, I'll justgrab more in future weeks

thank you for the explanation!

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Also, you can buy the upgrade items with Centurio Seals. The way this works is that there are log tokens you can buy for 500 seals each, and then you can trade in the logs for the upgrade items. The accessory upgrade is 4 logs (2000 seals) while the armor upgrade is 6 logs (3000 seals). Given that you can get a weekly total of 1740 seals without A/S rank hunting, this is another route for upgrades.

(I made sure to cap my Centurio seals yesterday in preparation, to be ahead of the curve.)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Well, that was cool, but then I go check their channel to see what other 8bit FFXIV remixes they have up and turns out that Triumph is the only one I recognize. I either didn't do any of those other fights or didn't do them enough to remember how they sounded.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    This will be the first patch where I'm actually, y'know... caught up on gear and msq. So that's exciting!
    Just server-switched to Sargatanas, too, so if anyone is there and wants to bust out some new content with me, that would be rad

Au Ra
    ugh Ghimlyt Dark isn't a fun dungeon. I've fought Magitek Colossi just too much.

Got three commendations tho, so doot doot

Roegadyn
    Half the FC are making semi-permanent residence at the mahjong tables.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Rainfall wrote: »
    ugh Ghimlyt Dark isn't a fun dungeon. I've fought Magitek Colossi just too much.

Got three commendations tho, so doot doot

I found it enjoyable the first time through, but mainly for the stuff between bosses. Second boss is good, last boss is rough.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    4.5 stuff
    Lot of interesting stuff happening story wise but holy shit it was literally all just teleporting from one cutscene to another this time. Would have killed for some kind of action in there somewhere.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Au Ra
    turtleant wrote: »
    4.5 stuff
    Lot of interesting stuff happening story wise but holy shit it was literally all just teleporting from one cutscene to another this time. Would have killed for some kind of action in there somewhere.

Yeah, no kidding.
    Not a single thing to do until the dungeon, really?

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Just finished the Four Lords quest chain.
    I was wondering if Koryu was going to be a solo quest battle or simply escape to be a boss later down the road. But then as soon as I saw the model I knew it was just going to be taken care of in a cutscene, which it was. Had we seen what Koryu looked like before? I can't even remember.

Also, Tataru owes me some money. Like, lots of it. Or at least needs to be covering the costs of procuring and maintaining any gear and travel expenses I incur.
    As well as my crippling orchestrion roll addiction.

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Au Ra
    I'm probably gonna try getting all the dog mounts and I'm going to hate it

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    So the dude is literally just fantasy Hitler now right? Going on about one perfect race and how only he can unite the world under one nation for the better good.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Hyur
    H0b0man wrote: »
    So the dude is literally just fantasy Hitler now right? Going on about one perfect race and how only he can unite the world under one nation for the better good.
    Yeah. And he somehow thinks the Ascians are going to just let them beat them after it, or something.

Also apparently he believes them on that whole race thing... and meanwhile we already know it's false for, at a minimum, the Ixal and dragons.

Hyur
    Fashion is the true endgame.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    not quite since he'll die too in the process. I don't think he's 100% wrong about it either. The opposition isn't "this won't work" so much as "We're not letting you kill millions to make it work"

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Hyur
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    not quite since he'll die too in the process. I don't think he's 100% wrong about it either. The opposition isn't "this won't work" so much as "We're not letting you kill millions to make it work"
    I'm not sure he believes that people on the Source will end up dead, just all the shards, while everyone on the Source is magically turned into an Aryan or whatever amd can them rise up and defeat the Ascians.

Pretty sure he doesn't know about Zodiark.
    Or that the Ixals were born of Allagan meddling.
    Or that dragons are of extrastellar origin.

He does know of Ascian nigh-immortality, but not of the ways to slay them... and still thinks its all going to work out.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I'm not sure he believes that people on the Source will end up dead, just all the shards, while everyone on the Source is magically turned into an Aryan or whatever amd can them rise up and defeat the Ascians.

He does know of Ascian nigh-immortality, but not of the ways to slay them... and still thinks its all going to work out.

Are you telling me (4.5 spoilz)
    the freakin POPE had a better, more well thought out plan?

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Fashion is the true endgame.

FF14 is truly the Fashion Souls of MMOs.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Au Ra
    Oh no now I'm looking at pictures of the warrior zeta

Hyur

Are you telling me (4.5 spoilz)
    the freakin POPE had a better, more well thought out plan?
    Not really, since he wanted to summon a primal, which means destroy the world anyways for anyone without the Echo.

It's... more debatable for someone with the Echo since they can use it as a self-transformation and be in conscious control. And not obsessed with consuming aether.

In that regard, Zenos was correct - Shinryu would have been a viable tool to destroy Ascians. If someone other than a maniac had it.

Roegadyn
    Regarding Varis:
    He's spent his entire life being manipulated by the Ascians. He had his own child turned into a monster by them. He's only the Emperor in name - in reality he is a puppet.

Given that, and his Garlean upbringing, it's no wonder that he thinks he needs more power to defeat the Ascians - from where he's sitting, they are the puppeteers who control the most powerful nation from the shadows.

But for the Warrior of Light and the Alliance, the Ascians may be dangerous foes, but they're not invincible. They've already killed three Paragons, including one of the Paragons of the Source. They've seen that the Ascians aren't the masterminds they play at being - they can be outsmarted, they are very much subject to hubris. But Varis is too blinkered, too wrapped up in his own ego to realize that.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    on another note, i cant stop seeing the word blinkered now

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Lalafell
    on another note, i cant stop seeing the word blinkered now

It’s a good word, Screech.

Enlong on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    First time doing a 24 man blind; that was pretty fun.

I mean it was a complete clusterfuck, but still a fun clusterfuck.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    So I'm waiting in Trials queue, randomly check Party Finder to see what's up, and there's a party for that Solemn Duty guildhest with 7/8 players and I manage to join and finally get it done. I've waited up to seven hours straight in Duty Finder for that before, but just looking in on a whim, there it is.

Au Ra

Got my Seiryu ex clear and the drk weapon today. What a good sword!!

Roegadyn
    I did the new 24 man this morning and I am still getting hype every time I think about it. It's so fucking good y'all.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    weird how there's only one boss in it and you always join a group that has only 20 minutes to beat it tho

liEt3nH.png
    Roegadyn
    Uncheck join in progress duties!

X22wmuF.jpg
    Au Ra
    but they need my help.........

liEt3nH.png
    Au Ra
    blu's neat but as a notorious antisocial i wish the ratio of dungeon to field skills was tilted more in field's favour

liEt3nH.png
    Roegadyn
    blu's neat but as a notorious antisocial i wish the ratio of dungeon to field skills was tilted more in field's favour

I just don't ever see myself making time to wrangle up people to go grind BLU skills in dungeons. There's so many other, easier to start things I could do.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.