As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    So this is the most recent news I can find on Terraria, from roughly 12/17:
    The Switch version has successfully hit another new production milestone, which included a bunch of UI modifications based on feedback from Re-Logic. We plan on showcasing additional information about the UI in the future.

While we’re still doing some in-depth testing, we’ve successfully connected 8 Switch development kits together in local wireless multiplayer.

On top of that the team has been making additional modifications to the controls for the Joy-Cons and Pro Controller - which will be supported. It’s important to note that the game will not support a single Joy-Con input mode. These refinements have really helped improve the feel of the game regardless of your controller preference.

We also wanted to confirm that the current plan is to support 30 worlds & 30 characters in the Switch version, though that is subject to change

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-state-of-the-game-december-2018.74866/

Anyone have anything more recent than that?

Yeah they mentioned development being moved back towards Switch in their cancellation of Terraria 2 during early 2018, in the comments of one of their articles.

It would take a year to dig up though.

Just a quick correction, unless you saw something I missed, but Terraria 2 wasn't canceled, only Terraria: Otherworld was.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Just beat Wandersong. It's real good! You should get it and play it if you haven't already.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • MorranMorran Registered User regular
    I just had the switch for a month and am looking for a good dungeon crawler on the switch.
    I have Zelda, Pokémon let's go and overcooked. Overcooked is a lot of fun to play with wife and the kid.
    But now I want to get my hack n slash or magic slinging on. Any good recommendations?

Moonlighter, Hyper Light Drifter, Dead Cells all come to mind pretty quickly. I'm sure there are more.

Oh, duh, Diablo.

Don't forget Skyrim!

Severed is also very good. It is a more traditional "move one square at the time" dungeon crawler with really good touch controlled combat.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    You can buy individual Joycon.

That's not a super great solve to them always breaking however.

especially not at £70 a pop

at that price i expect my grandchildren to still be using these things

A single Joycon should definitely not be £70. I wasn't saying buying a replacement is the only or best solution. Just that you don't have to buy two to replace one.

They look to be between $64 and $69 here in Canada. They are definitely not cheap.

I think he's saying that it comes with both the joycons for that price so you get two in the same package. I'm sure there's a way to just get one.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Morran wrote: »
    I just had the switch for a month and am looking for a good dungeon crawler on the switch.
    I have Zelda, Pokémon let's go and overcooked. Overcooked is a lot of fun to play with wife and the kid.
    But now I want to get my hack n slash or magic slinging on. Any good recommendations?

Moonlighter, Hyper Light Drifter, Dead Cells all come to mind pretty quickly. I'm sure there are more.

Oh, duh, Diablo.

Don't forget Skyrim!

Severed is also very good. It is a more traditional "move one square at the time" dungeon crawler with really good touch controlled combat.

I didn't think I would be into this style of game and avoided it for the longest time. Something about first person + one-square-at-a-time + touch controls really put me off. Just could not force myself to care about Severed - and I'm a big Drinkbox fan, too! I looked at screenshots, watched videos, and I was just like, "This isn't for me."

Then I bought it on sale for the Vita and Platinum'd it in two days. Absolutely terrific game. Unique, wonderful, challenging-ish, interesting, and so fun!

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh I gotta share this with someone! I'm super happy that my new Switch Controller's Dpad appears to work alright! No problems at all with Dead Cells, Mega Man 10 and Puyo Puyo Tetris! I'm download that Cross Tag Battle Demo to try it out but so far so good!

And oh my GAWD it's so comfy. This might be my new go to controller for everything even PC.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oh snap, Severed is on this thing? That was my in progress game when I had to leave my Vita behind, boarding the plane to move over here (I chose the 3DS! Sorta regret it!)

Does it use the touchscreen I've been so frequently assured exists but never seems to be used?

Oh brilliant
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Ah, one for the 'well that was sudden' pile.

And man the sound mixing in the trailer seems really off. People talking over each other and muffled voices everywhere.

edzepp on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    man I've always been intrigued by Dragon's Dogma. So is it a Mon Hun? a Dark Souls? a DMC?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    man I've always been intrigued by Dragon's Dogma. So is it a Mon Hun? a Dark Souls? a DMC?

If you were to cross DMC with Mon Hun. Basically monster hunter lite but with better controls. There's a drop of shadow of the colossus in there too.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I've often considered getting Dragon's Dogma for the PC, but never actually took that plunge.

Now that it's coming to the Switch... for some reason... well, I guess I'll start considering getting it for the Switch instead.

WotanAnubis on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Speaking of Drinkbox, Guacamelee 2 is awesome. The series is probably my favorite Metroidvania from recent years.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    What is the "Dark Arisen" part? Is it just Dragon's Dogma with a weird subtitle because nobody can just simply put "Switch Edition?"

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    What is the "Dark Arisen" part? Is it just Dragon's Dogma with a weird subtitle because nobody can just simply put "Switch Edition?"

Er, that was the subtitle for the Steam re-release too.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    To be a little more accurate:

The original game had a 'directors cut' version called 'Dark Arisen' that was released about a year after the original. Given that 'dark arisen' is a more complete version of the game, that is the version that was used for all the new platforms.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    You can buy individual Joycon.

That's not a super great solve to them always breaking however.

especially not at £70 a pop

at that price i expect my grandchildren to still be using these things

A single Joycon should definitely not be £70. I wasn't saying buying a replacement is the only or best solution. Just that you don't have to buy two to replace one.

They look to be between $64 and $69 here in Canada. They are definitely not cheap.

I think he's saying that it comes with both the joycons for that price so you get two in the same package. I'm sure there's a way to just get one.

No, that's the price for a single joycon. For a set it's $99.99.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is very cool. I'd recommend looking at some videos of magic users in the game - you can summon tornados, meteor storms, giant lightning blasts, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SrIFyfHTpU

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Guess I'm buying Dark Arisen again.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Guess I'm buying Dark Arisen for the first time.

Donnicton wrote: »

Er, that was the subtitle for the Steam re-release too.

I just know of the game as Dragon's Dogma, I didn't know there was a subtitle.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Ooooh, well I guess some Dragon's Dogma news is better than none.

Protip for anyone who is new and might get this for the Switch; The night is dark and full of terrors.

I remember one of the first times I played the game. I found myself outside at night sans light source. It was pitch black and I was desperately trying to get back to the city. I hear odd noises nearby and have one of my mages cast Fire Wall to give myself some light to see what the fuck was going on. Turns out I was surrounded by a zombie horde. What followed was a retreating battle back to the city gates. We made it, most of us anyway.

Oh and if your Pawns tell you to fucking run for it you should probably heed their advice. As a bonus some Pawns will fucking run for it.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Dragon's Dogma is so damn cool.

Fighting a Griffon as one of the melee classes, and I jumped on it just as it took back to the skies. So it's flying around as I stab it in the neck, and we're pretty high up there. I'm thinking "this is awesome this is awesome this is awesome" and then my Mage pawn hits it with some fire spell, causing it to burst into flames. So now I'm clinging to it for dear life as it spirals back towards the ground, and get thrown off upon impact. Scramble to my feet and sprint back over to help my pawns out, leap up onto its head and stab it to death while my pawns wail on it and hit it with spells. So goddamn cool!

...Yeah, I might have to buy Dragon's Dogma again.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular

It's the expansion. Extra area with its own story. Recommended to play it after finishing the main story.

You can traverse the early areas to nab some good loot if you are feeling lucky.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Dragon's Dogma is so damn cool.

Fighting a Griffon as one of the melee classes, and I jumped on it just as it took back to the skies. So it's flying around as I stab it in the neck, and we're pretty high up there. I'm thinking "this is awesome this is awesome this is awesome" and then my Mage pawn hits it with some fire spell, causing it to burst into flames. So now I'm clinging to it for dear life as it spirals back towards the ground, and get thrown off upon impact. Scramble to my feet and sprint back over to help my pawns out, leap up onto its head and stab it to death while my pawns wail on it and hit it with spells. So goddamn cool!

...Yeah, I might have to buy Dragon's Dogma again.

Ok, so imagine the same first part as your story only I'm an archer and I ran out of stamina fast, falling from the sky. Only to have a friends warrior pawn catch me before I squished out!

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    One of my few gripes with the game, and it's barely even that, is that the vast majority of enemies are weak to fire.

Now the Devs went for a more "realistic" approach to elemental weakness and so it makes sense that anything made out of meat and hair and fat would burn up real nice. However it made the other elemental spells, not useless, but somewhat more situational compared to any fire spell. Like they still totally work and many enemies will have a dual weakness, but fire spells are a real good workhorse.

This "gripe" of mine is only relevant to the early game spells and not the PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER spells you get later on that are all universally fucking awesome.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'd say Breath of the Wild took a lot from it.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Dragons Dogma is very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2afH5wYR4BY

but ill continue to play on PC with mods and FPS/resolution

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    Reminder, Tales of Vesperia on Switch coming out in 3 days!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force launches January 17 on Switch

It’s also 20% off the $39.99 price for the first 2 weeks.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    aahhh yes

FFF:ADF

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Crazy rumor time? Crazy rumor time.

This alleges to be the entire script for a January direct to be shown on the 17th. Here's all the info:

Mario Sluggers (baseball), June 2019
    Rehash of previously-announced 3DS stuff
    Piranha Plant DLC for Smash Feb. 3
    New boards for Mario Party
    HD updates of Sonic Colors, Secret Rings and Black Knight May 21
    Wonderful 101 and sequel
    Tekken 7 with Little Mac
    Yoshi's Crafted World this spring with associated Labo stuff
    Sequel to Mario + Rabbids this year
    Nintendoland HD
    Rayman trilogy (the original games)
    HD Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    Luigi's Mansion: Hotel of Horrors April 23
    Animal Crossing: Back to Basics fall 2019

Probably bullshit since Nintendo keeps its internal productions locked up tighter than Fort Knox, but there you go.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    HD Link's Awakening

haha yeah okay fuckin whatever

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Tekken 7 on Switch would be... a problem.

That list doesn’t actually interest me very much. :(

Where’s info on:

Metroid Prime 4
    Terraria
    Shin Megami Tensei 5
    Terraria
    Dark Souls 2
    Terraria
    Dark Souls 3
    Terraria
    Starbound
    Terraria
    Persona 5
    Terraria
    Super Mario Maker Switch Edition
    Terraria
    Mother 3
    Terraria
    Bayonetta 3
    Terraria
    Zelda: Flight of the Flute Maker
    Terraria

And also when are they going to talk about Terraria?

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mario + Rabbids sequel? Somebody's been reading my dream journal

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Fuck, I hope at least Mario Sluggers is real.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Mario + Rabbids sequel? Somebody's been reading my dream journal

I was ignoring that because it didn’t fit with the narrative of my last post but that does excite me.

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Well, that is certainly in line with how most Nintendo Directs leave me feeling. One or two titles I can kind of force myself to get hype for, and a lot of stuff that just sort of leaves me scratching my head.

I think the only time the Direct really juiced me up was the reveal of Smash when they faked out for Splatoon 2. I forget when exactly that was.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I think that was E3