As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Their Facebook account has just posted this :
    wqf5zetjgulk.jpg

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Space Marine Funko Pop...

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Oh Jesus.

I hate funkopops but people assume because I like nerdy stuff then I must like funkos so I keep getting them as gifts.

I’m going to receive like 50 of these.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'm not a fan of funko pops personally but I think this is a great idea for GW.

Hell, if they did all the primarchs I would probably buy them.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Not a huge fan of Funko Pops personally, but I do look forward to seeing these converted into Ork Dreadnoughts, Kans, or (depending on size) small stompas.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    One of the guys at work overheard my buddy and I talking about warhammer a little while ago and jumped into the conversation a bit. Apparently had some interest back in the day but never played it.

Yesterday he showed up and gave me this... Apparently his mom got it for him way back when and he never opened it. Been sitting in a box for who knows how many years.
    nfj8644bv59l.jpg

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I like in that video how ineffectual the multilaser was against the marine’s armor. That felt authentic. Damn multilasers.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    With the shear number of stuff in 40k I am curious what funko will make besides Ultramarines

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Space Marine Funko Pop...

Damn, that makes much more sense than a squat.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Brainleech wrote: »
    With the shear number of stuff in 40k I am curious what funko will make besides Ultramarines

Funko Keeper of Secrets. 6 flat chested nipples for your shelf.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    So this is what happened to the II and XI legions.

PSN Fleety2009

The first 15 releases will all be ultramarines captains and lieutenants 8-)

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    So this is what happened to the II and XI legions.

Their oversized heads got them branded as mutated heretical xenos and they were expunged?
    Seems logical.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    I like in that video how ineffectual the multilaser was against the marine’s armor. That felt authentic. Damn multilasers.

Yeah, I was worried for a second that they’d found a lascannon but nope.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Fuck funkopops, give me a Lego Warhammer 40k videogame.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    One of the guys at work overheard my buddy and I talking about warhammer a little while ago and jumped into the conversation a bit. Apparently had some interest back in the day but never played it.

Yesterday he showed up and gave me this... Apparently his mom got it for him way back when and he never opened it. Been sitting in a box for who knows how many years.
    nfj8644bv59l.jpg

I just sold a whole platoon worth of them. 😑

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Saw the funko pop ad. Thought it was squats.

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Too much to hope for Squat Funko Pops?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Their Facebook account has just posted this :
    wqf5zetjgulk.jpg

QaigRDd.jpg

nfj8644bv59l.jpg

For curiosity sake, what's that box worth? I appreciate that a buddy gave them to me, but I don't actually have a use for them. Considering eBay or trading them away for something.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

nfj8644bv59l.jpg

For curiosity sake, what's that box worth? I appreciate that a buddy gave them to me, but I don't actually have a use for them. Considering eBay or trading them away for something.

I sold my whole army at once. So I'm not sure of how much each squad is worth

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Now that I'm looking at it on something bigger than a cell phone, I can totally see the funkoness. I'm actually a little disappointed.

nfj8644bv59l.jpg

I sold my whole army at once. So I'm not sure of how much each squad is worth

Ahhhh, too bad

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Quite tempted to do a few squads of throwback Stormtroopers - regular cadians, beret helmets and heavy weapon backpacks. Have them as infantry squads from Tempestus adding the odd heavy weapon to back up the Storm troopers.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brother had those stromtroopers I think he gave them to me when he quit 40k
    I wanted the kasrkin style ones but they came out when I was in the early part of the war on terror so I was too busy or somewhere else to get them
    I am not fond of the newer ones as they look more like Pulpy Sci FI army troopers

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    hey, I think I should post about this unofficial 40k movie- FUCK! you guys beat me to it!

Its so fucking good.
    McGibs wrote: »
    This is shaping up to be one hell of a fan animation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4

I love how minimalist and grounded it is. Does a real good job of capturing that ever elusive "space marine feel"
    about about the 1minute mark there is a dude trying desperately to put a limpet mine on one of the astartes.... he got closer than anyone so far.

he just wanted to give him his award back

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »

Yeah, I was worried for a second that they’d found a lascannon but nope.

That weapons team defintaely felt like they had it all figured out.

edited January 2019
    The Marine at the end who takes out the multilaser with a plasma pistol... He's running plasma pistol / bolt pistol... Is that even a legal load out? Is he working from the Index Astartes?

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    My brother had those stromtroopers I think he gave them to me when he quit 40k
    I wanted the kasrkin style ones but they came out when I was in the early part of the war on terror so I was too busy or somewhere else to get them
    I am not fond of the newer ones as they look more like Pulpy Sci FI army troopers

my wife saw the box on the kitchen table and asked why I had a box of little Nazis :lol:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    The Marine at the end who takes out the multilaser with a plasma pistol... He's running plasma pistol / bolt pistol... Is that even a legal load out? Is he working from the Index Astartes?

These are clearly sensible marines. He's a sergeant with his helmet on, after all (absolutly not sanctioned by the codex).

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Maybe they're vanguard veterans operating without jump packs because of the cramped quarters inside a ship. Explains dual pistol setup and wearing a helmet.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I got a copy of the Sisters of Battle Omnibus today. It's great so far, but I feel as if I've just taken a dangerous gateway drug of Black Library literature.

wVEsyIc.png
    The Sisters novels were excellent

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Really liked those videos. Especially the no-nonsense economy of the Marines, no frothing religious zealotry here.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Really liked those videos. Especially the no-nonsense economy of the Marines, no frothing religious zealotry here.

Sounds like something a heretic would say.

wVEsyIc.png
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Yeahhh... it was a bit uncharacteristic, something that would greatly suit renegade or (some) heretic marines. Sure was fun to watch though!

Mayday on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Feels to me what you would see from the more mechanical chapters like the Iron Hands. This isn't a Black Templar boarding party covered in purity seals. I can see it being an Imperial Fist or UM chapter as well. Methodical and clean. No nonsense. Heavy use of bolters.

Not all marines in 40k are babbling zealots. Just a lot of them.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The do show a Marine consecrate his bolter in the first clip. But other than that, yeah, not really any religious iconography in this. I don't think there's a single purity seal.

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Oh BTW, I'm starting to work on my Tyranids... by having bought a very well painted set of minis for 45% of GW price:

TT3oeGj.jpg
    HT, Tervigon, Trygon, 3 Warriors, 4 Raveners, 2 Lictors and about 70 various gaunts.
    The guy had more but they weren't painted as well. Man I fucking love the Trygon model.

Mayday on
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I’d pay double the msrp just for someone to paint 70 gaunts for me, so that sounds like a pretty good deal.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
This discussion has been closed.