As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Got Fjorm on my free pull yesterday! ..buuut she's +Def -Spd. Now would be a really good time to get another one because of the merging changes.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I got a Legendary Azura and two of Chesty Larue.

And Surtr and Winter Eirika made the legendary battles pretty easy.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Boo, lost my Aether Defense today. Oh well. The team that won was super weird so I will consider it a fluke (seriously, who uses Lightning Breath+ and Dull Ranged on Female Grima? Who uses Dull Ranged period??)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I am seeing Ophelia and Lilina with infantry pulses frequently. Perhaps dull ranged negates the tactics and L!Azura buffs to tank everything?

Ardor wrote: »
    I am seeing Ophelia and Lilina with infantry pulses frequently. Perhaps dull ranged negates the tactics and L!Azura buffs to tank everything?

Possibly. My team has a lot of ranged too so it kind of made her super tank vs. me. Ah well.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Is that a 4 On The Floor reference?

How wonderfully bizarre.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Is that a 4 On The Floor reference?

How wonderfully bizarre.

Yes, although on this forum I imagine more people would be familiar with the Phoenix Wrong version than the original:

https://youtu.be/vFldBVWFgWo

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    So pulled another NY gunthra. My first was +spd/-atk which is obviously not ideal. New one is neutral. I'm trying to figure out the math on which one is better after the change in merging

I think the +spd is better

camo_sig.png
    mts wrote: »
    So pulled another NY gunthra. My first was +spd/-atk which is obviously not ideal. New one is neutral. I'm trying to figure out the math on which one is better after the change in merging

Yeah, keep the +SPD. Once the merge changes go into effect you'll lose the -ATK bane from merging and I think +SPD is her best boon

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Yeah, keep the +SPD. Once the merge changes go into effect you'll lose the -ATK bane from merging and I think +SPD is her best boon

Are the merge changes retroactive? Have we gotten any insight into this?

jmcdonald wrote: »

Are the merge changes retroactive? Have we gotten any insight into this?

Yup, completely retroactive

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Man, these free summon tickets have been ridiculously kind to me on the New Year banner. With a handful of orbs tossed in (less than 40), I've managed to pull:
    Hrid (+Res -HP)
    Gunnthra (+Spd -Def)
    Fjorm (+Spd -HP)

Toss in the free Laegjarn and I can make a full team of these NY units, which is pretty mindblowing all things considered!

Those hero tickets were good luck for me during hero fest, this time around I spent around 120 orbs and got Mist, Owain and B!Ephraim. Hard to complain as Mist and Owain are new to me and B!Ephraim is good fodder.

I also ended up with two successful defenses during AR. I had a -20, -40, -80 x3 and I think a no defense day. If that could be repeated next week and I try using the light bonus, I could get into tier 20.

I’m now waiting with anticipation for beast units.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Dropped down to 800 orbs or so in the last few banners and I've come out with Tropical Beauty Camilla and Flower of Fantasy Camilla for some reason. Also, Giga Flying Nino and Veronica 3.

Just finished off the Tempest rewards and I'm back over 1K again, so it's time to bring on the beasts! It's been like half a year since I've done chain battles and also there is a pile of gardens to do, so there is an untapped reserve of orbs there waiting to be mined if I'm ever truly desperate.

Also last night on the final AR battle I made it to tier 18 and with the grails I made Aversa +6. Today she killed a Grima for me so it's nice to see her rehab paying off.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited January 2019
    I'm hoping this week I can break into tier 19. With the light blessing week I feel like it *should* be possible. We'll see how much I suck it up though. Also I think at the end of this Aether Raid week I should have enough grails for another Aversa to get her to +7, so yay :3 (at least I think so, I may be a handful short... I haven't done the math)

Edit: Rip, did the math. Looks like next week instead for +7 Aversa. Ah well.

Warlock82 on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I should be able to hit 18 easily this week, Aversa, Grima, Eir, and two flying dancers does a lot of work on offense (so many debuffs and buffs). Haven't used any grails yet but Aversa is on the short list.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Definitely working to push into 20. Everyone treaded water last week. I didn't really try and barely moved up 300 points from the bottom of 19 and my rank was essentially the same as the end of the previous period (~4100).

also, trap is set:
    ADK6qzA.jpg?1

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    This is absolutely the week to go up a tier. Not only is Eir both a bonus unit and lift increaser, but there is an extra day in the season as they align it with normal arena.

The trick is to use 2-4 light blessed units + Eir for every offense. If you can kill a unit or two on defense, that makes wins worth 2x or more the lift you lose.

edited January 2019
    Acheron wrote: »
    This is absolutely the week to go up a tier. Not only is Eir both a bonus unit and lift increaser, but there is an extra day in the season as they align it with normal arena.

The trick is to use 2-4 light blessed units + Eir for every offense. If you can kill a unit or two on defense, that makes wins worth 2x or more the lift you lose.

Yeah, my team is all light blessed so that helps. I should get tier 19 for sure this week.

On the downside, I may not be able to keep tier 21 in Arena. The bonus units for next season are butts and my best one is like, +2 NY Gunnthra. I'm wary on how well she'll kill stuff for bonus points too :/ We'll see I guess. I suspect I might end up hovering between t20 and t21 for few weeks until it swaps out again. I'm not liking how much the 3*/4* pool options are phasing out of these recent rotations. Like this coming one the only real choice is Raigh and who the fuck has a +10 Raigh? (Or wants one :P)

Warlock82 on
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

Yeah, my team is all light blessed so that helps. I should get tier 19 for sure this week.

On the downside, I may not be able to keep tier 21 in Arena. The bonus units for next season are butts and my best one is like, +2 NY Gunnthra. I'm wary on how well she'll kill stuff for bonus points too :/ We'll see I guess. I suspect I might end up hovering between t20 and t21 for few weeks until it swaps out again. I'm not liking how much the 3*/4* pool options are phasing out of these recent rotations. Like this coming one the only real choice is Raigh and who the fuck has a +10 Raigh? (Or wants one :P)

I'm screenshotting this for when you show off your +10 Raigh build a year from now.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    edited January 2019

I'm screenshotting this for when you show off your +10 Raigh build a year from now.

I mean, if I run out of shit to spend feathers on maybe (or they actually give him some kind of bitchin personal weapon). But I have too many others I'd rather +10 before him :P

The thing is, he is not as bad as people make him out to be though either. He's pretty ok against horses. The problem is there aren't a lot of green horses and especially the teams I tend to fight in Arena, there aren't any horses period, it's all armors after armors...

As a side note, I am debating if I wanna try getting everyone to at least +1 for this upcoming bane change (that is, everyone in the 3*/4* pool). Not that I use most of them, but you know, it's nice to have the option :)

Warlock82 on

To top it off, if you have Eir + 4 light blessed units, you can gain up to 140 lift per battle and at least in T19, you can battle 2x per day on average. Thus, your lift gain due to using the blessing (+80) can offset any loss you take for the day.

Normally, you'd have the potential to gain 1400 lift in the 7 days, with the possible loss of 560. You need 1200 to advance, making if pretty challenging to do so. Now, you could potentially offset all of the losses, meaning you can make it a more probable climb to T20. This only makes it a little easier for those in T18, T17 etc as well!

Thanks to light blessing giving HP and RES, it puts several of my horses over the 40hp threshold for traps and buildings and makes my Cecilia even better at facing green mages, since she already took no damage from virtually all healers and blue mages, including Ophelia.

I'm gonna be real, real honest here:

I have no idea what all these Norse diacritical marks mean, phonically.

wznagn79u6sp.png

I guess I was wrong.. someone did in fact +10 Raigh XD

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Siiigh, I wish Himukai Yuji came back and did some more art for FEH. They do the art for Etrian Odyssey. At least I'll always have Fae.

edited January 2019
    Ugg, I spent way too long attempting to get a deathless Arena run with no success :( I got to 4/5 at one point :( Gunnthra is tankier than I thought she'd be but she just crumbles to a lot of blues, particularly Brave Hector. L!Azura is also a huge huge problem unless I can manipulate a player phase attack on her, but it's usually difficult.

Straight up I wish there was a viable green bonus hero. There's so little red in the arena it covers most of the triangle. Half tempted to put a merge or two into Linus and see if he works better... (he's gonna score so low tho T_T)

Random side note, I decided to do a yolo pull on the NY banner just to see if I was lucky. First orb, NY Gunnthra (too bad I wasted 8 more on the other two red orbs in that circle, but hey, I had to try :P). So now mine is +3.

Warlock82 on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Man, the last three times I've done the voting gauntlet both sides have been marked as Same, which is the worst since then no one gets a bonus

Opty wrote: »
    Man, the last three times I've done the voting gauntlet both sides have been marked as Same, which is the worst since then no one gets a bonus

Yeah I have flags to spend - I hope the tie breaks soon

Oooh I think I found something spicy for my aether defense team at last. I kept getting wrecked for -80, so I thought "what's the worst thing to fight? Wings of Mercy dancer. So why not use TWO of them??"

Just put an overlapping threat range of a couple Cavs and Ophelia, no Reinhardt or Veronica. Got 2 and 3 kills on my first couple defenses. Hope it continues!

edited January 2019
    Hallelujah there is finally a voting gauntlet multiplier again
    Oooh I think I found something spicy for my aether defense team at last. I kept getting wrecked for -80, so I thought "what's the worst thing to fight? Wings of Mercy dancer. So why not use TWO of them??"

Just put an overlapping threat range of a couple Cavs and Ophelia, no Reinhardt or Veronica. Got 2 and 3 kills on my first couple defenses. Hope it continues!

Yeah I think this is one of the reasons my team has been working out pretty ok. I have L!Azura and NY Micaiah who can both dance, plus Micaiah has effective damage against armors and horses, which is super good always. So I usually at least get a couple kills.

Edit: Yasss, a deathless arena run finally. There was one kill that Gunnthrá did not get herself (couldn't help it, L!Azura suicided on M. Grima), but I got a lot of highish point matches (748-752 range) that I think it's ok to miss one. Should be able to stay t21 this week. May be hard next week if it's not an Earth week again (F. Grima buffs points so nicely)

Warlock82 on
    edited January 2019
    https://youtu.be/kjw419LV1Cw

Aww they swapped Renalf out for Reyson. Not surprised since it's a little weird to open with Leanne all by herself, but still :P

Also wtf is Reyson doing attacking?

Edit: Holy shit Sturdy Impact is so broken. Also beast mechanics are super weird

Warlock82 on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    My orbs, it's been nice knowing you.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Naesala GHB also confirmed, which I so called.

Holy shit. Glad I'm near 400 orbs cuz a Nailah and Tibarn seem mandatory. With her skills, can't Nailah retaliate and likely one shot brave Veronica and other razzle dazzle?? At last!

And Hawk King may just murder everything, as he should.

edited January 2019
    I can't decide if I'm disappointed or relieved that Reyson and Leanne don't have completed busted dances like in PoR/RD. Probably relieved after L!Azura

I AM disappointed it's called Sing and not Chant though.

Warlock82 on
    https://youtu.be/kjw419LV1Cw

Aww they swapped Renalf out for Reyson. Not surprised since it's a little weird to open with Leanne all by herself, but still :P

Also wtf is Reyson doing attacking?

Edit: Holy shit Sturdy Impact is so broken. Also beast mechanics are super weird

And getting shown off in a main story chapter instead of just a Paralogue, too!

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    With her skills, can't Nailah retaliate and likely one shot brave Veronica and other razzle dazzle?? At last!

And it'll be inheritable. Veronica's star is about to be in shadow.

Also yeah okay so now we're at +16 stats on initiation PLUS bonus effect. I remember when Swift Sparrow seemed strong.

Throwing them orbs at Tibarn and Nailah, tho.

s7Imn5J.png
    Totally on board with how they implemented transform. Not too awkward or crippling, but something to consider. Besides, the royals could mostly hold beast form at will anyway. Wouldn't want too much human form getting in the way.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Hm, Reyson looks like the demotable unit here. I would be ecstatic if they actually went through with it. I'd merge up a green flying dancer, no question.