As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Burgerrrrrr I mean [Bad Food] Thread

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Pronouncing Cronut french-style is the proper way to do it.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm eating what I like to call Peanut Butter Waffles

it's waffles with butter and peanut butter and maple syrup (duh)

you stack them on top and the peanut butter gets melty and you just carve away at this giant mass of sugars and proteins

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This is what I had for dinner because I was hungry and had been drinking:

- 3 scrambled egg wrap with cheddar and jalapeno ketchup
    - A very small plate of pasta (four mouthfuls) with my homemade peanut sauce (I was doing meal prep for tomorrow and thurs and was making pasta)
    - 6 pizza rolls, like Totinos

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    If you want to have some real fun with pronunciation, you should have your dutch grandma tell you some dutch words and phrases and then repeat them back to her loudly with German pronunciation and words mixed in there.

IK MOCHTE EIN BOTERHAM ESSEN, OMA.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I made schnitzel and chipotle ham cauliflower "mashed potatoes" for dinner and I do not understand the dickwaving about these cauliflower mashed potatoes or tater tots.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I made schnitzel and chipotle ham cauliflower "mashed potatoes" for dinner and I do not understand the dickwaving about these cauliflower mashed potatoes or tater tots.

The texture is weird, they're supposed to be better for you some how

I found some good cauliflower tots

Cauliflower substitute for mashed potatoes doesn't work, as like a wow, I think I'm eating mashed potatoes thing, but I made some decent ones once

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I don't think it's warm enough in my apartment at the moment for my sourdough starter. But it's been warm so I've had my heat off.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

The texture is weird, they're supposed to be better for you some how

I found some good cauliflower tots

Cauliflower substitute for mashed potatoes doesn't work, as like a wow, I think I'm eating mashed potatoes thing, but I made some decent ones once

Man I've had some great cauliflower mashed potatoes with an incredibly close texture match. Though to be fair I'm not a huge regular potato fan either.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    I don't think it's warm enough in my apartment at the moment for my sourdough starter. But it's been warm so I've had my heat off.

Mine has doubled in size 4 days before it was supposed to, and I'm not sure if that means I'm supposed to rest it now or set some aside to bake tomorrow.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Mashed potato cauliflower exists to trick kids into eating cauliflower until they're capable of just eating cauliflower.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mashed cauliflower isn't bad, but it's not potato. It may just be the brand that I get but it tends to be too thin in consistency to pass.
    That said, I have made some pretty tasty Shepherd's Pie casseroles with it. I think the second cooking helps thicken it up a bit, and a thick layer of cheese on top doesn't hurt either (shut up arteries, you're opinion isn't wanted here).

I also tried the cauliflower based veggie-tots, and those... They weren't terrible, but they weren't tots. Too creamy in the center, just didn't have the texture. Maybe if they had used riced cauliflower instead so it had some texture to it?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    BAD FOOD THREAD ALERT

Wawa has brisket sandwiches now.

BAD FOOD THREAD ALERT

sig.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

They’re tasty but there is basically never a good reason to wave your dick and yet somehow humans do it constantly.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So i just finished off the second steak i bought a few days ago. They were a pack of rump steaks, although that weren't the normal lump of rump, but were instead a thinnishly cut, yet pretty large cross section of a pretty big rumpish cut of meat. I just picked them up because they were kinda cheap, and were the right size for me to get through (i don't really like to buy more than 3 bits of meat at once unless it's for something that cooks them all together because then it just feels like you're stuck eating the same meals for a few days).

i wanted to try seasoning them overnight with salt, and some sort of rub. The first one was done with a steak seasoning from a place called Quaker Steak and Lube that Perrsun sent me from pennsylvania for satans, and it was really tasty. I slightly overcooked it, because i also wanted to try making a deglaze reduction sauce, and I had over-oiled the pan, and had to wait a bit too long for those little cooked bits to stick to the pan. But still, it was absolutely amazing, especially since the salt seasoning made it stay much more tender even as it went a bit too far into medium and beyond. Also made some oven chips and dipped them in some of the golden garlic sauce he sent me.

I'd staggered the second seasoning, and just eaten it tonight. I made that one with a "bush tucker rub" which my brother gave me for christmas (which has desert oak seeds, cinnamon, saltbush leaves, pepperleaf, salt, and lemon myrtle leaf), and since i managed not to oil the pan, it came out perfectly, and sat around nicely as i made the sauce.

I also made a "burger sauce" with bbq sauce, mayonnaise, a bit of chili sauce, and some pickle relish (which i picked up today because apparently they use something similar for big mac sauce or something? and it's kinda odd because it's quite sweet almost like a fruit jam, but green). And yeah, that stuff is delicious. I just dipped my chips in it.

Best steaks i've ever cooked for myself

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Lalabox wrote: »
    jokes on you motherfucker i am french

eyyy can you get me these these Fabrice Gillotte chocolate mushrooms

26ab8ikfp0cm.jpg

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    might take a while

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    you're not doing a great job at disspelling my pre-conceptions regarding the french work ethic

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Well I mean Goat wouldnt just endorse any beer

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    But did you buy it?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    But did you buy it?

And if so, did it taste baaaaaaadd?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    But did you buy it?

And if so, did it taste baaaaaaadd?

It clearly says "Very Enjoyable Beer" right there o the package, MICHAEL.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

26ab8ikfp0cm.jpg

@Xaquin

OH MY GOD!

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

I need this. I need to host a party that just has this and Good Ass Beer. I need all of this to have already happened.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    And I jokingly show that picture to my alcohol distributor roommate. And he informs me of a place called Horny Goat Brewery in my state. Which makes me feel like a failure for not knowing

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Get your shit together Gus.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    BAD FOOD THREAD ALERT

Wawa has brisket sandwiches now.

BAD FOOD THREAD ALERT

Huh.

How is it? I am in THE WAWA ZONE so I go to them a lot.

I'm not sure how this would hold up for them but I am willing to give it a shot.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    My girlfriend and I are up to season 5 of Great British Bake-off. We've watched through bread week and so far the bakers are 3-for-3 on making dongs.

• Options
    I hope GOAT has cans that look like movie props just like Good Ass Beer

Good-Ass-Beer-500x499.jpg

Oh and the box it comes in is even more suspect.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnBpSK7wi8hAYQzYpj7AS84XcS9RMiOkXTklHh5fpVwXJUaZqc

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

WHAT TIME IS IT?!
    Why, Beer Thirty of course.
    32918.jpg

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    guys you know what rules? that cranberry ginger ale

I gotta buy a bunch of it, I think it's only seasonal

Its not anymore! Canada Dry is going to have its regular, Cranberry, Blackberry, and with Lemonade year round from what I've heard.

Now if only I could track down the green tea one

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    guys you know what rules? that cranberry ginger ale

I gotta buy a bunch of it, I think it's only seasonal

Its not anymore! Canada Dry is going to have its regular, Cranberry, Blackberry, and with Lemonade year round from what I've heard.

Now if only I could track down the green tea one

That BlackBerry stuff is vile.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i have only had this once (i made a candian friend sneak it over the border to me) but i feel like it is exactly as advertised

id08pw2uqqlz.jpg

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    kdk73p54ig5b.jpg

Those prices are hurting my brain. $25+ for a 6-pack?

• Options

WHAT TIME IS IT?!
    32918.jpg

I have drank more Beer 30 than I ever care to admit.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think the only cheap beer I can actually power through without needing to mix it with some grapefruit juice is regular budweiser

• Options

WHAT TIME IS IT?!
    32918.jpg

I never have, and the descriptions of it being worse that busch mean I....well honestly I'd still try it just to try it. But I don't have high hopes. As a person who will swill gallons of PBR and coors light with anybody, and have never turned down a free beer.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

WHAT TIME IS IT?!
    32918.jpg

I never have, and the descriptions of it being worse that busch mean I....well honestly I'd still try it just to try it. But I don't have high hopes. As a person who will swill gallons of PBR and coors light with anybody, and have never turned down a free beer.

I once bought a case of Bud and watched kung fu movies on tv while in the corps
    I felt the need to pee as I got up I noticed I drank 17 of the 24 beers. So I went to the basketball court down the hill from the barracks and tired to give away the last 5 cans
    No one wanted it with comments of No one gives away or offers free beer

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

WHAT TIME IS IT?!
    32918.jpg

I once bought a case of Bud and watched kung fu movies on tv while in the corps
    I felt the need to pee as I got up I noticed I drank 17 of the 24 beers. So I went to the basketball court down the hill from the barracks and tired to give away the last 5 cans
    No one wanted it with comments of No one gives away or offers free beer

Maybe not on base, (at least not finding people to take it) but definetly being at a friends place, or them coming over to yours, etc. It was actually a problem for my friend group for a bit that we would ALWAYS each show up with at least a 6 to anybody's event, and refuse to take it home. The less self-controlled of us then had fridges full of beer to resist, and the more self controlled had fridges slowly filling with beer and running out of room for food.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

26ab8ikfp0cm.jpg

@Xaquin

OH MY GOD!

The oak leaf is a nice touch, I thought

This discussion has been closed.