As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa! Assignments now!

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    First Humble Monthly, and now @Elin has given me $20 Nintendo dollars. Now I have enough credit to pick up New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for me and the kids. We never had a Wii U and I loved NSMB so I'm very much looking forward to this one. Thank you very much, and Merry Christmas!

maxresdefault.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    @cj iwakura glad it got there safely. I thought you might already have the comic and wanted to get something unique. Happy New Year!
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Santa strikes again, with fire and blood ceramic!

Sm3sT5M.jpg

Box for the box cat! Cardboard for the cardboard throne!

Oh, and an amazing mug. :D I admit it caught me completely by surprise, I was worried he was planning on getting me the comic that I already own.

Brilliantly inspired. Thanks a million, @Cameron_Talley

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I still don't know who to thank for my awesome gifts. I have my suspicions but would rather you reveal yourself!

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Finally got some time so here goes. We were doing the massive packing thing for a NYE trip so I didn't have time on Sunday but surprisingly after church we got a package that my youngest immediately confiscated and then opened. I didn't have time to take pictures and then post them but now that things have settled down I do.

Obligatory dog pics first. They weren't all that interested in the box at the time as they were freaking out over their den aka our house being a mess from packing. So here they are after we brought them home and they were a little more settled.
    mCTGpR7.gif

Gypsy wondering why she has a device pointed at her.
    bSQiotn.gif

Cooper wondering why I'm waking him up for a picture.

My kids and I are really excited to dust off the Disney Infinity and try these as we haven't played it in a while. My older son took out all the figures we had and set up a battlefield in preparation for playing with them. I'm still sad that they canceled the Infinity series as the sculpted figures are so very cool and detailed and the story/playmode is fun.
    vP78ITr.gif

Such great expressions on the faces.

T9PIfwc.gif

I'm always amazed at the goodness and generosity of this board. Thank you again, @Halfazedninja for the gifts! They are appreciated and are being played with a lot.
    urahonky wrote: »
    Dear Santa,

I still don't know who to thank for my awesome gifts. I have my suspicions but would rather you reveal yourself!

Yep, that was me. I tossed in the last line as a rough quote of my signature as a clue. I'm glad that you liked both of the gifts and that they came at a good time. You still haven't posted pics of your kids in the shirts though as you promised :)

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I really love the art style of Disney Infinity. They being able to unify a bunch of different properties into a cohesive style doesn't get nearly enough props.

Also once again, this thread has been a highlight of the season. You all are awesome.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Finally got some time so here goes. We were doing the massive packing thing for a NYE trip so I didn't have time on Sunday but surprisingly after church we got a package that my youngest immediately confiscated and then opened. I didn't have time to take pictures and then post them but now that things have settled down I do.

Obligatory dog pics first. They weren't all that interested in the box at the time as they were freaking out over their den aka our house being a mess from packing. So here they are after we brought them home and they were a little more settled.
    mCTGpR7.gif

Gypsy wondering why she has a device pointed at her.
    bSQiotn.gif

Cooper wondering why I'm waking him up for a picture.

My kids and I are really excited to dust off the Disney Infinity and try these as we haven't played it in a while. My older son took out all the figures we had and set up a battlefield in preparation for playing with them. I'm still sad that they canceled the Infinity series as the sculpted figures are so very cool and detailed and the story/playmode is fun.
    vP78ITr.gif

Such great expressions on the faces.

T9PIfwc.gif

I'm always amazed at the goodness and generosity of this board. Thank you again, @Halfazedninja for the gifts! They are appreciated and are being played with a lot.
    urahonky wrote: »
    Dear Santa,

Yep, that was me. I tossed in the last line as a rough quote of my signature as a clue. I'm glad that you liked both of the gifts and that they came at a good time. You still haven't posted pics of your kids in the shirts though as you promised :)

I'm glad you liked them! I loved Infinity and was really sad when it got cancelled. Enjoy!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    @Sterica: Is the Inkling girl amiibo useful in smash? What does it even do for you? I got since I thought it was kind of neat looking, but never read up on what it does.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    @Sterica: Is the Inkling girl amiibo useful in smash? What does it even do for you? I got since I thought it was kind of neat looking, but never read up on what it does.

Amiibos of characters in Smash can be used to store an AI character that levels up and adapts as you fight it.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Just when I thought it was safe to get back in the water....

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    That feeling when the tracking number shows Delivered...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif
    A box was delivered to my door today; a box containing untold treasures sent to me by @Sterica. But, like, actually I will tell you about them.

First up we have:
    ZZCLEzi.jpg?2
    I loved "Scott Pilgrim", and have been meaning to check out "Seconds", but haven't gotten to it yet. But look, now I have it and can read it at my leisure!

And then:
    VoKXSzi.jpg?2
    "The Hobbit" was one of my childhood favorites as well, @Sterica. (I think I switched to preferring "Lord of the Rings" around junior high school, then to thinking "The Silmarillion" is the best thing ever around high school, but now I think I'm back to loving "The Hobbit" the most of all of Tolkien's works.) I've been really curious about the annotations in this edition for a long time - I heard it's really good stuff - so I am super-excited to dig into it!

Thank you so much, @Sterica! These are amazing gifts, and I'm really looking forward to reading both of them.

edited January 2019
    Just when I thought it was safe to get back in the water....

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

One additional gift from Santa @Frem

Rk5hirNl.jpg
    oekpCJOl.jpg
    V88UrBsl.jpg
    RXUfg0hl.jpg
    4nKoOO5l.jpg
    nwh4F6zl.jpg
    UZrmCBEl.jpg

Recreating the gag in BBCode was actually harder than I expected.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    When I came back home this afternoon, I saw a box on the front porch out of the corner of my eye. I asked the wife if she ordered anything and she said no. Uh oh, you know what that means...

[img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/9y/a6oabvv2fgxl.gif Let us begin this long journey with the box.[/img]9dtkr0a6zbxu.jpg
    ui5d5iqnlzvl.jpg

Whoa, quite a lot of content here. Let's start with the note, which had a Blizzard pin on it:

n9eyrfg76see.jpg
    svlx2pahoac9.jpg

Wow! Gifts for everyone in the family? Too kind! I must admit though, I have no idea which Blizzard character this is supposed to be. Unless she's an unofficial character or something. :)

Before we dive into the packages, let's check out this can.

wdm5ns0tqmq6.jpg

Creole seasoning. Awesome! The wife has been on a huge cooking craze as of late, so her eyes lit up when she saw this can.

So we started the gifts by letting our older one go first. She wasted little time...

1ayoiu1lyfcf.jpg
    hqlrq1jmc0dj.jpg
    2h4p9xy10wx3.jpg
    na4pqu05k3wb.jpg
    g1v4fxrizthz.jpg
    xc1o7p6j23ml.jpg

Her own Link! Truly the hero we all need. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous here. :P

Next up was the younger one who needed a bit of assistance in opening his gift.

eoy0irsdssn7.jpg

WAIT BABI HOOMAN! DERE MIGHT BE TRAPS! LET ME INSPECT!

3d65zvxiofha.jpg

While there weren't any traps, the bag did contain another Link doll! I would have taken a picture with Luke and Link together, but Abigail swooped in and stole him away! Apparently they had a very important conference call to get to...

yayhfc8ynceo.jpg
    259eha5zwxxo.jpg

But that's cool because Luke had to try on his new bib!

m05xq44tx9n0.jpg

GAH! Now I'm definitely jealous! But, can you imagine this bib being even cooler!?

yv1tl9gbwn1w.jpg

Yup, a snap-on Hylian shield on the back. These kids don't know the treasure trove of nerdiness they've received! But Luke had one more gift, although it was kind of for me as well.

tgdrdpjq1t57.jpg

LOL! So true! Even the wife found it amusing and she doesn't go for the "potty humor" stuff. So the last two gifts were for the wife and I. First up was for her:

g72c8jhl0rtw.jpg

A Heroes of the Storm hoodie. She doesn't own any hoodies, a crime when you live in Seattle, and now she's good to go! Then we opened mine:

4is0lauiyabg.jpg

Another Heroes of the Storm hoodie! Awesome! Love the colors, although there is a slight problem...

gi9ekis8cx74.jpg

The wife got me the same one for Christmas. :D No problem, that just means she gets an extra hoodie, albeit a slightly bigger one on her. That or maybe we can regift it to a nerd friend. Either way, great gift!

Thank you @Kendrik for all the amazing gifts! I find it even more awesome when forumers get gifts for the little ones too. Just that extra touch of class that reminds me these forums are the best place on the internet.

BTW, did you also send me Shovel Knight and/or the Old Man's War book? Or were either one from @Kirindal? Perhaps a mysterious 3rd santa I don't know about?!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Those plush Link's are amazing!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I have been gifted! We just got home from a road trip so I’ll post the pics as soon as possible tomorrow morning! It is awesome!

• KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Creole seasoning. Awesome! The wife has been on a huge cooking craze as of late, so her eyes lit up when she saw this can.

This was a last-minute addition. I'm a Louisiana native and Tony's is a must-own cooking item. Use it instead of salt on...well...everything.

Another Heroes of the Storm hoodie! Awesome! Love the colors, although there is a slight problem...
    The wife got me the same one for Christmas. :D No problem, that just means she gets an extra hoodie, albeit a slightly bigger one on her. That or maybe we can regift it to a nerd friend. Either way, great gift!
    Hah! I was torn between the HoTS and the Hearthstone ones, but I guess if your wife got you one it means I stalked well. :) Feel free to re-gift with no hard feelings on my end.
    Thank you @Kendrik for all the amazing gifts! I find it even more awesome when forumers get gifts for the little ones too. Just that extra touch of class that reminds me these forums are the best place on the internet.

BTW, did you also send me Shovel Knight and/or the Old Man's War book? Or were either one from @Kirindal? Perhaps a mysterious 3rd santa I don't know about?!

First off, yes, Shovel Knight and Old Man's War were both from me. My intention was to start off with the electronic stuff first, quickly followed by the "physical" gifts. I succeeded, minus the "quickly" part.
    I'm glad everything arrived safely and was well-received! I love taking my stalking to the next level when I can, so I always try and make sure everyone has something fun to open when the package arrives. ::) Oh, the pin: That was freebie when I ordered the Blizzard stuff, and I honestly have no idea who she is, either. Also, I wasn't kidding when I said I was in your neighborhood...I work for Wave Broadband, who's headquartered at 401 Parkplace in Kirkland and I was in town for meetings...if only I'd remembered to bring your gifts. :)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Those plush Link's are amazing!
    It's surprisingly difficult to find "cuddly" stuffed video game figures. This one turned out to be quite nice!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    Also, I wasn't kidding when I said I was in your neighborhood...I work for Wave Broadband, who's headquartered at 401 Parkplace in Kirkland and I was in town for meetings...if only I'd remembered to bring your gifts. :)

Oh wow, yeah that's only a 5 minute drive up the road. Getting hand delivered gifts would have been the height of classiness. :)

Feel free to stop by the next time you're in the area and we'll take you to lunch or dinner on us.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    Also, I wasn't kidding when I said I was in your neighborhood...I work for Wave Broadband, who's headquartered at 401 Parkplace in Kirkland and I was in town for meetings...if only I'd remembered to bring your gifts. :)

Oh wow, yeah that's only a 5 minute drive up the road. Getting hand delivered gifts would have been the height of classiness. :)

Feel free to stop by the next time you're in the area and we'll take you to lunch or dinner on us.

I once got a local Santee, I hand dropped off their gifts, and included a note inviting them to a home cooked pot roast dinner with my ex and I at some point. They never took us up on the offer, but I can understand the trepidation that some might feel over such an invite.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Finally back at the office today and can post my pics!
    Wild Box Appears! I feel extremely lucky as it sat on the porch for a whole day and night because we got home a day later than we thought we were going to.
    46648525941_d8ebff85d7_c.jpg

Box inspector number 1 is super excited but does not reveal any knowledge of what might be inside.

31707112847_d4fc019540_c.jpg

Inspector number 2 is ready to rip it open!
    46596020122_e5de6d069f_c.jpg

32773872618_a2663fc415_c.jpg

Inside we find...Chocolates! My son ate one of these and was up until 11pm bouncing off the walls! They are great!
    39683564793_d1df59d278_c.jpg

An explanatory letter followed:
    32773873158_c994238273_c.jpg

Here's the letter itself:
    39683562893_8bfbf466f2_c.jpg

Let's check out the main event!
    32773874038_0a0fdc2251_c.jpg

The first layer of paper revealed a second, equally festive layer! It looks like there may be a familiar silhouette beneath!
    32773873918_51240c0899_c.jpg

It's a Mario cross stitch!
    39683564563_575fd6e871_c.jpg

This thing is seriously awesome. My wife has done some cross stitching before and I know it must have a taken a lot of work to do all this!

Here's the full thing:
    32773874478_e1dca07afe_c.jpg

Thank you so much @Custom Special. I love it! I took it up to the office with me this morning and I think I might have it on display there. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Wild Box Appears! I feel extremely lucky as it sat on the porch for a whole day and night because we got home a day later than we thought we were going to.

Box inspector number 1 is super excited but does not reveal any knowledge of what might be inside.

Inside we find...Chocolates! My son ate one of these and was up until 11pm bouncing off the walls! They are great!

The first layer of paper revealed a second, equally festive layer! It looks like there may be a familiar silhouette beneath!

This thing is seriously awesome. My wife has done some cross stitching before and I know it must have a taken a lot of work to do all this!

Here's the full thing:

Thank you so much @Custom Special. I love it! I took it up to the office with me this morning and I think I might have it on display there. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas! So glad it made it there safe, and it looks like the delivery timing worked out perfect.
    I forgot to mention I wrote down your name and had my 5 year old write it on the envelope for fun. :)

a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Here's the full thing:

Merry Christmas! So glad it made it there safe, and it looks like the delivery timing worked out perfect.
    I forgot to mention I wrote down your name and had my 5 year old write it on the envelope for fun. :)

Oh awesome, thanks! I taped the letter to the back of the frame so I could always remember where it came from.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Whoa, that cross stitch looks amazing! My eyes are filled with envy. :mrgreen:

Whoa, that cross stitch looks amazing! My eyes are filled with envy. :mrgreen:

You can always bribe Radiation for a certain santa next year... :winky:

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Holy shit

Edit: that's so dope

initiatefailure on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    a6oabvv2fgxl.gif

Hark! A final Secret Santa gift!

Spoilered for images:
    psH5pCF.jpg?1
    0dGNrbZ.jpg?2
    h44JUDn.jpg?1
    Pb3Azif.jpg?2

@shdwcaster sent me a dope fruitcake! And a nice letter about the personal significance of it <3 There was also a picture of his family, but I figured that probably shouldn't be posted straight on the internet. Anyway, thanks @shdwcaster ! It's a dope gift :D

Stabbity_Style.png
    Yo yo yo

Lemme get some of that fruitcake.

steam_sig.png

How boozey is it? As far as I know that's the main measure of a good fruit cake. You really want to preserve those fruits with just so much booze

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    How boozey is it? As far as I know that's the main measure of a good fruit cake. You really want to preserve those fruits with just so much booze

I don't know? I don't really drink alcohol. It doesn't taste like alcohol? It tastes like some pretty good fruit cake, tho.

Stabbity_Style.png
    I've had some gross rum cakes that burned my throat as I ate a piece.

steam_sig.png

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I really need to update OP with the linked giftwall. Hopefully no one has been missed at this point?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Keeping in touch:

@Jam Warrior, did you get an opportunity to play Clank! during the holidays?

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Keeping in touch:

"Jam Warrior", did you get an opportunity to play Clank! during the holidays?

Good timing! It got it's first proper play on Tuesday. There's a quite a lot going on in there, it's a bit like three or four exisiting games all smudged together, but the result is fun times. I came second of three after failing to get back to my escape pod which would have given me the extra points to win me it. I'm apparently very adept at drawing my own damage cubes out of the bag!

Possibly getting another go tonight with a different group.

No sign of the mentioned second package however.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

I don't know? I don't really drink alcohol. It doesn't taste like alcohol? It tastes like some pretty good fruit cake, tho.

There’s no alcohol in the recipe I use. Usually if someone wants to add some booze flavor to one of these, I recommend either pouring some rum or brandy into a ziplock bag and letting the fruitcake marinate in there for a day or two, or else just pour a nice glass of your favorite tipple and dunk slices of fruitcake in there like a crumbly, soft cookie. 😀

shdwcaster on
    I still don't know who my Santa is.

I also just signed onto Steam for the first time in a long while and had a few friend requests from names I recognize 'round these parts...which could mean absolutely nothing.

I also just signed onto Steam for the first time in a long while and had a few friend requests from names I recognize 'round these parts...which could mean absolutely nothing.

hihi :3

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    @Dac Vin Canada Post has arrived!

Thanks for the mapley goodness. Grade A reserve indeed.

Do I knock it back straight or with a mixer? :rotate:

I see pancakes in my immediate future.jyzc2sv2qjtn.jpeg

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    It arrived!

Pancakes are a good idea. If you're feeling fancy, there are a lot of recipes on the web involving maple syrup too. Hopefully you'll make something you and your family will enjoy.

hihi :3

Thank you for all the gifts!

Do we know if anyone is missing yet?