As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're three times as fast in the 3rd [Gunpla] & Plastic models thread

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    That FAZZ is peak aesthetic. Need that kit and the Ex-S.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    IBO also had the heavy emphasis on melee weapons, which isn't seen a lot in Gundam outside of beam sabers 90% of the time

Normally as a series goes on, a Gundam will acquire perhaps more armor and a larger selection of guns, becoming big ol' walls of weapons. The IBO equivelant is making the mace bigger.

pqXU3Nhl.jpg

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    IBO also had the heavy emphasis on melee weapons, which isn't seen a lot in Gundam outside of beam sabers 90% of the time

Normally as a series goes on, a Gundam will acquire perhaps more armor and a larger selection of guns, becoming big ol' walls of weapons. The IBO equivelant is making the mace bigger.

pqXU3Nhl.jpg

Also, bigger feet/ankles.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

pqXU3Nhl.jpg

Also, bigger feet/ankles.

And hands.

And also it just starts making wolf noises near the end there.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Isn't the last mace in that picture the mace from the 1/100 Full Mechanics version?

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Isn't the last mace in that picture the mace from the 1/100 Full Mechanics version?

It's also the 1/100 Full Mechanics Barbatos Lupus Rex

It's that big a mace

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    it is so irritating that the claws on every lupus rex kit have to be painted

especially on the dang 1/100, come on now

• Options
    I ended up doing my HG's with a gundam marker, as well as doing the toes and tail. I aint a great painter, but it's a hell of a lot better than the stickers that kit comes with.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My order just came with some Gundam markers. I am sure the colors won't exactly match, but it will help. I just wonder how many coats I'll need.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

Tickets are up for Gundam NT's US theatrical release.

I don't know if any of y'all want to meet up to see it? Here in Los Angeles it appears to be playing in Hollywood and Torrance, if anyone else is in the area I'd be down for meeting at either.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »
    I can't see it myself given the resolution on the trailers for Urdr Hunt, but some folks are saying that apparently the boot-up sequence for the Hajiroboshi identify it as Gundam Marchosias

So guessing it's been renamed since the Calamity War

All Gundam's in IBO have the name of a duke of Hell so yeah. The main character's caretaker and presumably the owner of it is of Japanese descent so it's Hajiroboshi is a nickname they gave to it.

All the other Gundams we've seen are Dukes, but Marchosias is a Marquis of Hell, a lower rank.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    jgeis wrote: »

I don't know if any of y'all want to meet up to see it? Here in Los Angeles it appears to be playing in Hollywood and Torrance, if anyone else is in the area I'd be down for meeting at either.

[looks at the Phenex]

I JUST REALIZED

Cockatielfemale.jpg

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I couldn't help myself.

ONVZ1dyh.jpg

As usual, way more detailed than before. The original Iron Kong appears to have been one of Kotobukiya's earlier kits (15, which puts it around the time of Liger Zero), but it is still danged impressive.

s8GkyIQh.jpg

I don't know if I should be surprised... but it has a dedicated tongue piece. I have no earthly idea why it does, but I find it cool that in theory, this giant artillery platform can stick out its tongue.

x40LKwOh.jpg

Edit: MONKEY CHEST!

GkwhXSih.jpg

I decided to stop here because there was a decent amount of gluing at this stage. Naturally the arms are heavy, so they recommend gluing the supports that keep the arms in place attached to the body. So I've done that, even if it means I'll never fully disassemble the guy again.

Dude's literally barrel chested - the zoid core is going to sit right front and center in the body.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    so

i saw these photos on twitter and thought to myself oh man, i wanna get a lighting setup like that, that's so cool

then i went

wait

i already have a lightbox

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    2bh96td696id.jpeg

Legs incoming

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    You're giving me flashbacks to assembling the legs of my Death Stinger. Good lord, so much work.

I might've missed it - is this a 3d mold you are assembling, or a kit you got?

• Options
    Its a garage kit I imported from Japan

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Wonder if we'll be seeing an MG of the Gundam Narrative anytime soon. And if that might lead to a Unicorn 2.0 with a matching Phenex. Be nice to have an undergated sprue for that mekki plated plastic...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So far as new Gundam designs I've just caught up on. Sol Braves are frigging amazing. In performance and as a transformer mecha.

And how do you bring up that NT poster and not comment on dat pose?

tumblr_pdl28setdq1s3e0fwo5_500.jpg

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    My order from Japan arrived!

My first VerKa! And because I ordered model kits I received KitKats?
    u2jrkewjmmkw.jpg
    Also the most important book one can have: Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Amphibious Suits But Were Afraid To Ask:
    ujfbylc9hof2.jpg
    And underneath it all a big box:
    5o072ikjlbi5.jpg
    And... Uh... (I think I'm getting an Athenor moment)
    dwna0m7ghoz1.jpg
    Well, that's a lot of stuff...
    8m19z4z0fry9.jpg
    Screws? LEDS? Metal pieces? Springs? Other weird thingamabobs I have never seen before?

I think I might first make the little HG Revive version before I jump into "the big one" :wink:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I loved building the ball for what it's worth

• Options
    I loved building the ball for what it's worth

We got a couple at the store. I keep eyeing it... like.. I have NO attachment to Gundam, but there's just something so insane about it. It looks like it would be a fun build. But I've got way too much on my plate for now.

• Options
    This is pretty as fuck.

From the facebook post I saw it on:

《!!BREAKING NEWS!!》
    Thank you very much for your response on our new year celebration pics!
    Today, we are very excited to officially announce that "HG 1/144 DESTINY GUNDAM" will come to the market in early summer 2019!!!
    Wait for more updates!

※This is a image.
    #seed_d

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    5o072ikjlbi5.jpg

Gundam Mk. II is the best Gundam and I will fight any of you who say differently.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    This is pretty as fuck.

From the facebook post I saw it on:

《!!BREAKING NEWS!!》
    Thank you very much for your response on our new year celebration pics!
    Today, we are very excited to officially announce that "HG 1/144 DESTINY GUNDAM" will come to the market in early summer 2019!!!
    Wait for more updates!

※This is a image.
    #seed_d

Boy I hope this is not p-bandai and the effect parts are actually included.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    5o072ikjlbi5.jpg

Gundam Mk. II is the best Gundam and I will fight any of you who say differently.

It's a good Gundam, but it doesn't turn into a windmill, so I don't think it can possibly be the best.

• Options
    Dat Chest...

LX9SeRVh.jpg

Dat Ass...

1KuKfg1h.jpg

Dat Chunky Monkey!

72rykJUh.jpg

The layering of pieces inside the body is insane. Like.. I was, and am, hoping to paint up all the tubes and power conduits. Well, this model has a TON of them.

I did spend about 20 minutes deciding if I'd installed a piece correctly or not, and in the end decided screw it, I'd install it the way that I felt looked better and didn't expose registration marks.

gIEK5a1h.jpg

• Options
    Friendly fellow GunPla people, can anyone read Japanese?
    Because in the Perfect Grade I have there are these metal things, and I have some in a clear bag, and some in a yellow bag; one bag has shorter things than the other.
    So in the following pictures, where does it say something like "Thing (Yellow)" or "Thing (Short)" so that I know which bag to use for which step?

Pic1 (Step 17):
    3on7ny4e8m6e.jpg
    Pic 2 (Step 26):
    h15ojly5tj7h.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Pic 2 says "Chain (Long)"

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    My order from Japan arrived!

My first VerKa! And because I ordered model kits I received KitKats?
    u2jrkewjmmkw.jpg
    Also the most important book one can have: Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Amphibious Suits But Were Afraid To Ask:
    ujfbylc9hof2.jpg
    5o072ikjlbi5.jpg
    And... Uh... (I think I'm getting an Athenor moment)
    dwna0m7ghoz1.jpg
    Well, that's a lot of stuff...
    8m19z4z0fry9.jpg
    Screws? LEDS? Metal pieces? Springs? Other weird thingamabobs I have never seen before?

I think I might first make the little HG Revive version before I jump into "the big one" :wink:

A few times I’ve ordered kits from japan I’ve had all sorts of stuff in the packages. Promo weapon packs, a couple of disks for a gacha Gundam arcade game, even one time a hand written letter of thanks.

It seems like a lot of the sellers on the UK Amazon at least are small Japanese mom and pops. If you do repeat or large orders they tend to notice. The letter was particuallly sweet, English clearly wasn’t thier first language but it was about noticing I had made a couple of orders from them and that they were very grateful.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This is not an anime thread so I'm not going to talk about anime but I should watch Unicorn if I'm going to see NT, right?

• Options
    All I've been thinking about this morning is that once I get my Iron Kong done, I need to make a small red tie for him with "IK" embroidered on it in yellow. Like, the thought of Mecha Donkey-kong is just too awesome.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    This is not an anime thread so I'm not going to talk about anime but I should watch Unicorn if I'm going to see NT, right?

Yes, absolutely

• Options
    I started and finished an ENTIRE model kit today!
    kw1tm7p1uino.jpg
    Onward GBN Guard Frame!
    117csvupg1b2.jpg

• Options
    a8p8whxm8ce4.jpeg

He stand

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I'm having too much fun with this.
    "Prettig weekend" is in my native language and can be translated as "(Have an) Enjoyable Weekend"
    42ldccdopqbi.jpg

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Dutch?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

It's on the other side of town here I will think about it

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I gotta get back to the Bandai X-Wing I started the other day
    I built one thruster nozzle and it was like 7 parts and I went "I don't have the focus for this today"

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

It's on the other side of town here I will think about it

I already bought my ticket for the showing at Century City