As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    . wrote: »
    Soooo, even though I felt like I showed my appreciation for Yuletide socks by sharing the tale of my family's traditional sock beaning, I must have angered the Sock Elves by saying I didn't want socks as an actual present because come Christmas Eve at the family gathering, there was one person who did not get the traditional pair of socks. Twas me. Oh, a parcel of wrapped socks were thrown at me, but they had my Aunt's name on them. The excuse later was that they didn't think I'd show up. Which I suppose is fair, except I had confirmed three separate times to this one. I do appreciate my Aunt saving me any potential embarrassment by throwing her socks at me while shouting my name but still. Was a rough moment. And they were the normal white ankle socks this year, blast it! I'm not keeping ill-gotten socks.
    My cousin messaged my Mother on FB to make sure I wasn't offended by being left off the sock list. I said I wasn't, but you know what Sara!? YES! I was! My cousin's weirdo new husband got socks (and hit in the face. Duck, dummy!) but I've had to master my sock dodging skills for over 3 decades and got nothing. Damn right, I'm offended.
    Still don't wear socks. Ha!
    You guys have given awesome gifts this year (and every year) and the socks have been wild. Fantastic job. You guys are great. I like you all.

See, and I would say that you have reached peak sock-dodging potential at a quantum level. You dodged them so hard it reverberated backward through spacetime to never have been purchased at all. Well done!

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Just got a package from @Perrsun!

Packed by hand and sent all this way to Australia!

BSXckcP.jpg?2

uT5o54H.jpg?2

I opened the garlic sauce and god damn that is very very tasty. I'm really gonna have to restrain myself from just popping it on some bread every day and snacking on it. Really nice roasted garlic flavour, and just a little bit of warmth from the heat. This is absolutely love, and it's really nice to be able to taste something from your local region. I'm also pretty tempted to run off right now to buy a some chicken of beef to season overnight with the seasoning mix. It smells really nice as well, and I can't wait to try it out.

And I also get these nice socks

CICrRk4.jpg?2

Thanks so much!

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    I've got good news and bad news!

Good news is, after anxiously and eagerly waiting, Satan paid me a visit today!

U5RoVESl.jpg

zu6VSqRl.jpg

I loved Lego growing up (still do!), and have always appreciated beautiful design. So this was just cool. I don't know who you are Satan, but I am very grateful for the book. :biggrin:

The bad news, or more accurately, terribly embarrassing news, is that the arm ring I received a month and change back was not in fact from Satan, but from none other than myself. I apparently got shitfaced on several bottles of barelywine and completely forgot that I had purchased it. That is until I got an email from Grimforst asking me to review my purchase. Whoops!

Anyways, thank you very much Satan! I can't wait to see what else (if anything) you have in store for me!

6rceun58332p.png
  • .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    At least the arm band was awesome. I opened what I assumed had to be a Satan gift only for it to be workout shorts that I didn't realize shipped separately from everything else I ordered.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That story could only be improved if you had gotten shitfaced on mead instead.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I got shitfaced on slightly alcoholic water one time and ordered a stone adze and a golden lunula

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    I got shitfaced on slightly alcoholic water one time and ordered a stone adze and a golden lunula

you can order parts of the finger nail?!

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    No a truly outrageous necklace

• Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    I finally made it home! Having to work out of town because your town was destroyed by hurricane Michael isn’t as fun as it sounds!
    Anyways, I was excited to see the gifts that the dark Lord had bestowed upon me!
    The box contained three gifts, each wrapped in a different colored bag. The first one I opened...b5twn7327uyi.jpeg
    clbwols5ynsc.jpeg
    tgv6uy3yxg0o.jpeg
    A Narwhal mug! I love it! Such a cute little mug to be given from someone as dark as Satan!
    The next gift I opened....37qbkw9hlyoo.jpeg
    vdbs2tbhwze8.jpeg
    Yes! I love pens! And these are so colorful! I can wait to use them! I got several coloring books for Christmas, and even one with Narwhals! These will be put to good use!
    The third gift I opened...o6cv78j5c2ce.jpeg
    fl8u241q6qaw.jpeg
    These are the awesome stainless steel mixing bowls I’ve wanted for so long! Satan has been so gracious this year! I can’t wait to try them out with some evil baking and cooking!

Thank you so much Satan! I love them all! You have been amazing and generous and I appreciate everything so much!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    hey!

Can anyone who HAS NOT received their gift so far please @ or PM me?

I believe we're doing pretty well this year!

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular

Alas, I drank all my mead a few days prior with a friend of mine who was leaving the state. And I had like, a bunch of barlywine that I needed to drink.

Seriously, I've got like, 40 bottles of barelywine.

6rceun58332p.png
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    hey!

@Brolo I have not

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oh man! One more delivery from the Book Depository! (That I missed yesterday and picked up today!)
    Another two books in Zdarsky's Howard the Duck run!

wnzcjscvrnto.jpeg

Thanks, @Lalabox ! I'm glad I'll have this opportunity to make sure Howard's still doing okay.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Cello wrote: »
    Oh man! One more delivery from the Book Depository! (That I missed yesterday and picked up today!)

wnzcjscvrnto.jpeg

Thanks, Lalabox ! I'm glad I'll have this opportunity to make sure Howard's still doing okay.

oh excellent! I'd wondered if they hadn't arrived at the same time as the others, but i just never got round to asking, but it's good to see that they've finally made it!

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Brolo wrote: »
    hey!

@Brolo I have not

Ceres has told me it is on the way though.

Blake T on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    QuickSnap wrote: »

Alas, I drank all my mead a few days prior with a friend of mine who was leaving the state. And I had like, a bunch of barlywine that I needed to drink.

I don't know if this is a typo or autocorrect, but I love this formulation. I, too, have drunk many things that are barely wine.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »

wnzcjscvrnto.jpeg

Thanks, Lalabox ! I'm glad I'll have this opportunity to make sure Howard's still doing okay.

oh excellent! I'd wondered if they hadn't arrived at the same time as the others, but i just never got round to asking, but it's good to see that they've finally made it!

Yeah, I assume they got caught up in the tail end of the Canada Post strike backlog. But it gave me some time to put a dent into the 0th volume, so it worked out!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

I don't know if this is a typo or autocorrect, but I love this formulation. I, too, have drunk many things that are barely wine.

Nightrain is barelywine. Hell, it is barelydrinkable.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

Nightrain is barelywine. Hell, it is barelydrinkable.

My overwhelming dislike of wine means I will never get to participate in an idea I had, which was invite a bunch of people who love wine over for a party, but the rule is everybody has to buy a bottle of the cheapest shittiest wine they can find, bring it, and blind swap with another party-goer at the beginning of the event. There will of course be ample other wine available to drink, in fact particularly delectable other wine, but you have to finish your bottle of ditchpiss first...

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Ditchpiss is a perfectly fine brand of wine thank you very much.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I have a cousin who did the hobo wine tasting party. MD 20/20 and Wild Irish Rose and Two Buck Chuck, all served in those little wine tasting cups, paired with Velveeta and Kraft singles and chopped up Slim Jims.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Oh, I didn't know @Rorshach Kringle was your cousin

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Nah my cousin works for the Man now, AJ wouldn't ever do that

• OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    I'm overdue for a post I think. I got a gift not too long ago that I couldn't place and for some reason it didn't occur to me that it could have been from satan until I found yet another gift at my door step on Sunday morning! Probably means I work too much and the constant sound of dogs barking is melting my brain.

ANYWAY here's Engel to present more infernal parcels!
    llGnoAp.jpg
    First off, we have this mysterious envelope. Engel seems unsure of the contents.

lIOX8YM.jpg
    It's full of butts! I mean burgers! I love Bob's Burgers and this reminds me that I need to make more burgers from the recipe book.

arOPkOj.jpg
    While Engel and I were enjoying our Sunday coffee, we were stirred from our cozy couch by the unexpected sound of the doorbell and a lone package leaning against the door. I always forget amazon delivers on sundays.

H2foFVk.jpg
    FRAGGLE ROCK! This is honestly my favorite childhood show.

hEri7az.jpg
    Best of all it came with my very own Uncle Travelling Matt!

Thank you, Satan! You've kept the christmas spirit alive!

Also side note: I watched Frankenhooker. I don't know what else to say aside from my fiance and I loved it and thought it was delightful. It's a great addition to my small collection of ridiculous b-movies.

so i used the steak seasoning that Perrsun sent me on some steak and chips last night (including seasoning the steak overnight), and they were really, really tasty

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I have a cousin who did the hobo wine tasting party. MD 20/20 and Wild Irish Rose and Two Buck Chuck, all served in those little wine tasting cups, paired with Velveeta and Kraft singles and chopped up Slim Jims.

MD 20/20 might be the most sickening drink I have consumed.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Just got a package from Perrsun!

Packed by hand and sent all this way to Australia!

Hooray, customs allowed it through! I was cautious about trying to send food to Australia, but as far as I could tell if it was retail sealed it was allowed.

I’m glad you like it! They have a variety of sauces, but I think their golden garlic sauce is one of the more unique.

Also, extremely convenient how I had Blake years ago, and this year he had me, and last year you had me and now I had you.

Don't tell my dog I said this, but damn that Engel is a handsome dog.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

GASP!

DrZiplock wrote: »

GASP!

Don't you do it!

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

DrZiplock wrote: »

GASP!

Don't you do it!

Mr. Finley has a right to know! He is a very good boy!

ceres wrote: »

I also once went to a color mixing party where everyone had brought different colors/flavors of Mad Dog and were mixing them together to try and get various specific results.

I went to college at an art school, in case you couldn't tell.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

I also once went to a color mixing party where everyone had brought different colors/flavors of Mad Dog and were mixing them together to try and get various specific results.

Hey my wife did this!

And she went to art school....

and shes from the Chicago area....

are you my wife?

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i think the only alcohol i have ever had a problem with was steel reserve in a can

for some reason all the sweetness floats to the top

pour it in a glass and get some air in there, though?

fuckin' divine

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Bucketman wrote: »

Hey my wife did this!

And she went to art school....

and shes from the Chicago area....

are you my wife?

Haha, no, I went to college back East

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'M SORRY SATANEE

I'VE BEEN A TERRIBLE SATAN SO FAR

LIFE HAS BEEN BUSY AND I'VE BEEN IN PAIN AND I'VE BEEN LAZY!!

I PROMISE YOUR GIFT IS COMING SOON!!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    i think the only alcohol i have ever had a problem with was steel reserve in a can

for some reason all the sweetness floats to the top

pour it in a glass and get some air in there, though?

fuckin' divine

You should at @tynic about the Malort I sent her last year.

I assume she never drank it as I never saw her post about how revolting delicious it is.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I used it in cooking once! And some friends from Montana came by and drank some out of nostalgia and then wished they hadn't.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    if you think i haven't conquered malort in the past, you have not learned anything about me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

if you think i haven't conquered malort in the past, you have not learned anything about me

It just tasted like dirty bottom-shelf tequila to me.

I will thank you not to ask me how I know what that tastes like.