As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I need a play date to get carried ;o;

I just want my stupid gun! After that I'd be willing to carry you through whatever if I'm available and if you're on the bro bone.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    On the "plus" side I've been able to get all but the shoes for the holiday outfit due to all the cypher keys I've been giving to Jersey mike. I'm wearing it in the hope the division is my personal santa and GIVES ME MY GOD DAMN GUN!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Just got through the most hilarious Queen's Tunnel Camp run on Challenging...

For the Weekly HVT thing, I can do 7 in WT1 and then the last in WT5 and it would give me a propr cache, right?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Has there been any talk on the skills in 2?

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    There was an outline of the mods for 4 of the skills back in November (here https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-updates/340871/intelligence-annex-the-division-2-skills ) big takeaway seems to be that all skills apart from the turret so far have a healing mod as an option, which is interesting.

More to come soon I expect. Or at least there's streamer/youtuber Alpha footage due soon-ish.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I just need my Ballistic Shield back.

No shield, no sale.

Well I completed the holiday cosmetic set *sobs*

pleasepaypreacher.net
    And now I've completed the cosmetic cache 1 set which just leaves cosmetic 3. I wonder what will happen first completing that or getting that fucking gun to drop.

Everytime I pop a supply cache I have hope, and then I don't get it and hope fades.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I too have a space suit.

Also I checked and I have a thompson, but not all the things... and less than 900 points to go!

Can you complete the weekly assignment faster on multiple characters? I started an alt way back when but never finished the campaign or anything, heh.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Just saw a bit of plausible scuttlebutt* on the reddit that points to the NDA lifting (at least in part) around the 17th, so there's likely to be an outbreak of Alpha footage and official info soon. Hoping for some beta dates and a bit more info on things like stash spaces etc, I know the game should be solid, it's the peripheral stuff that I need answering.

*there's a cover story for an official PlayStation magazine that's announced due to release then

7qmGNt5.png
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    oHw5R0V.jpg
    Specs are out on the main site, pretty reasonable, as expected well in line with the first game
    Minimum – 1080p | 30 FPS

CPU: AMD FX-6350 | Intel Core I5-2500K
    RAM: 8 GM
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
    VRAM: 2 GB
    DIRECT X: DirectX 11 | 12

Recommended – 1080p | 60 FPS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X | Intel Core I7-4790
    RAM: 8 GB
    GPU: AMD RX 480 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
    VRAM: 4 GB

High – 1440p | 60 FPS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | Intel Core I7-6700K
    RAM: 16 GB
    GPU: AMD RX Vega 56 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
    VRAM: 8 GB

Elite – 4K | 60 FPS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Intel Core I9-7900X
    RAM: 16 GB
    GPU: AMD Radeon VII | Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 TI
    VRAM: 11 GB

DX12 is nice to see again, but asynch compute has been a real winner for me before, so pretty pleased it's making the cut.

7qmGNt5.png
    Supply drop gave me a tommy gun, the game is fucking with me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, if it matters to anybody here, it sounds like Ubisoft signed a semi-exclusivity deal with Epic for the PC distribution.

The takeaway message is that Division 2 is not going to be on Steam, but will be only available (digitally) via Epic or Uplay.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    edited January 2019
    It looks like Epic has adopted the best strategy from console gaming. :P

edit: looks like!

tastydonuts on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Oh hey I meet the recommended specs for 1440p. That’s nice.

I’m irritated by them going the stupid exclusive route but I play my Ubisoft games on uPlay anyway. No matter the other platform it’s essentially just a launcher with a direct shortcut to uPlay anyway, so I just get my games there and make use of the constant 20% off.

-Loki- on
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Dang I just miss the mark on CPU specs for recommended 1080p 60 FPS. Running an i5-4690k with a GTX 1070. Starting to think I need to upgrade this CPU, but that also means a new motherboard and probably RAM.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I feel you man, same thing happened to me when I was hunting for the thompson.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Dang I just miss the mark on CPU specs for recommended 1080p 60 FPS. Running an i5-4690k with a GTX 1070. Starting to think I need to upgrade this CPU, but that also means a new motherboard and probably RAM.

That's what I'm looking at, too, except my CPU is even older! i5-3570k

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    El Mucho wrote: »

That's what I'm looking at, too, except my CPU is even older! i5-3570k

I'm hoping I can get a decently stable frame rate with some medium/high settings. I'm assuming that recommended is for everything on high/ultra.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    My machine is an 8530 and an RX480 and I get very stable 45-60 range at Ultra in the first game so I'm pretty happy with how Div2 should run.

Then again I am not one who cares about 60pfs at all, just smooth and over 30 is fine.

7qmGNt5.png
    Numi wrote: »

Did you eventually get it? LIE TO ME AND SAY YOU DID!

I got a double bonus reward on a like level up cache or whatever? fucking tommy gun again.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2019
    The Division loves to give me Barrett's bulletproof vest as an exotic.

I did finally get all the underground collectibles last night too, so that was a win. Just need to hit 40... I read that the collection boxes are going away tomorrow?

tastydonuts on

I did finally get all the underground collectibles last night too, so that was a win. Just need to hit 40... I read that the collection boxes are going away tomorrow?

The holiday ones.

pleasepaypreacher.net

The holiday ones.

Okay, not the individual caches. The 1-4 and holiday one going makes sense, what reddit said didn't. now I know. :P

Now if only they'd put in a god damn exotic vendor

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I queued for last stand against last night. My team:

Me: level 2
    Other guy: level 7

Opposing team:

2 level 99s.

Guess I'm not working on those last stand achievements tonight. :P

Numi wrote: »

Did you eventually get it? LIE TO ME AND SAY YOU DID!

I got a double bonus reward on a like level up cache or whatever? fucking tommy gun again.

I actually did end up getting it and then two more in the span of a week from Amherst runs. Same thing with the ninjabike, nothing for a month and then after one dropped they started showing up everywhere.

do people just queue the incursions? if so, what's the group quality like? I need those points.

do people just queue the incursions? if so, what's the group quality like? I need those points.

Incursions are terrible. Like I'd do pretty much anything else for points other than those. I don't think I've completed one ever.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2019
    Just completing them all seems to be worth a few hundred.

Other than checkpoint grinding kills, not really sure where else I can get that last 900 or so I need. Don't think that would float it either.

tastydonuts on
    Just completing them all seems to be worth a few hundred.

Other than checkpoint grinding kills, not really sure where else I can get that last 900 or so I need. Don't think that would float it either.

I'd wait for a global event they have a bunch of easy ones. I didn't do any incursions or like last stand and had my points.

Also you were correct in that they removed the 1-4 collections from the key vendor. Now they just have one that combines all 4 which hilariously meant my one key was like 8 keys this morning due to all the duplicates.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Off the top of my head I don't think globals have points attached to them? There is one next week I think...?

The key mechanic with dupes in The Division is something that I wish more games with micros would do. I really like it.

All the global events have points, you just don't see them until you've done part of it (like the global event won't show up in your accomodations until you've taken part in it, its fucking weird)

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Really? I've done parts of a few to get the masks and maybe those didn't? Or maybe they did and I just didn't notice. IDK.

Really? I've done parts of a few to get the masks and maybe those didn't? Or maybe they did and I just didn't notice. IDK.

Yeah all of those have points I know they do because that's where I got my points.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    The GE stuff doesn't award points on pc, they are just simple unlocks that sometimes gives rewards but not something that counts towards the 3000 for the talon shield. Doing partials from the combat category works rather well for points, things like getting 1000 kills with various weapons by swapping them around while doing things like underground for instance. The gearset commendations also don't care if you mix classified and non-classy stuff either which makes those pretty easy if you have been farming a bit.

Really? Wow on xbox I know they give points.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    everything that I've checked matches what I thought about the commendations except for you!

I'm also on the Xbox. There's only one way to be sure:

SCREENSHOTS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

I'll pull up my screen shots when I get home, and I'll show feet!

pleasepaypreacher.net