As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    ~I was there~

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I am thinking about returning to this game to goof off in lowsec. I hear they have buffed AFs and HACs!

Do the FW people still delight in hot dropping frigates?

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    I am thinking about returning to this game to goof off in lowsec. I hear they have buffed AFs and HACs!

AFs and HACs get to use a special Damage Control that you can activate for 75% resists (shield, armour and hull) for 15 seconds (150 seconds cooldown), at the cost of the non-active resists being rather poorer than a normal DCS. It's not a get out of jail free card, but 15 seconds can be a long time in a fight. Long enough for a fleet HAC to catch reps and/or warp out, long enough for a Jaguar to hold tackle, and so on.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

Yes. Especially in the Gal/Cal warzone. If you're not planning on joining one of the few well organized militia corps left there, my own experiences aside, I've heard many people say it's simply not worth going there anymore. Especially if all you want to do is solo frigates.

Min/Amarr (where I live/spend most of my time) has traditionally been much friendlier to soloists, but after Snuffed Out and some other LS birdbrains caused CalMil to uninstall the game and leave Black Rise to rot, they've been migrating to this warzone to repeat the process.

That's my short short short version. I know a decent bit about FW pol/mil stuff so if you want to get into detail feel free to ask.

AFs are buffed in numerous ways. In addition to the ADCU, which allows AFs to engage small T1 gangs, they also got a substantial agility and speed buff, and some slot and fitting rebalance. Most AFs are useable now, and some are outright OP. I have some pretty disgusting solo kills in a Wolf.

HACs are also buffed but their usefulness is a little more limited due to their price. They are very popular fleet SOTLs because of how easy they are to heal now.

Jasconius on
    I really want to get back into EvE, because bomber's bar fleets where tons of fun. I want to get involved in null, but I really don't know if I can commit to doing CTAs very often.

Decisions

I really want to get back into EvE, because bomber's bar fleets where tons of fun. I want to get involved in null, but I really don't know if I can commit to doing CTAs very often.

Decisions

If they're "very often" then they're not really "CTAs". Don't join an alliance that spams CTA pings because 3 Orthrus and a Sabre are camping a gate somewhere. I've attended 2 CTAs in the last year; one was the battle of X47 that won the Summer War on the northern front, the other was the invasion of Rage.

What are you in? Mrch?

edited January 2019
    I'm in The Initiative.

We have very, very few "you'd better attend this op" ops. We do have "we do expect you not to mine with rorquals or rats with supers while this op is happening" ops several times a week though.

V1m on
    i feel like i'm covering a very wide range of eve gameplay right now by both PVPing AND filing multi-paragraph change requests to the githubs of market price check tools

i'm getting way deep into market games. when next you see me, I'll either be rich, or dead by it's hand

Market PvP is at least as deadly, vicious and treacherous as the ship kind.

• TrekkieTrekkie Registered User regular
    For Merch Industrial our CTA is basically 'get one participation trophy a month'. You can get that by having an Alpha account in Suddenly Seamen, or by going on roams if you want to, or many other ways. If you just mine or run PVE stuff all day you're gonna get glared at after a bit but in general it's pretty hard not to get one PAP link a month (FCs do this automatically, just gte in a fleet and have fun once a month, yer good)

otherwise be on jabber, post terribly in the forums which is all part of the 'be active' metric and you'll be printing in game isk like its going out of style and have a wide world of options open up to you while people hate you for existing and you have the mots fun in a spreadsheet game you can have.

Eve Online: Zareph
    edited January 2019
    i received an 180m isk lesson in highsec ganking rules earlier this week

i shot what appeared to be a bot that was belt ratting (????) in a 0.5 system in my omen navy, thought I would be able to kill it really fast and warp out.... turns out... you cannot do that (anymore?)

died... thought perhaps my punishment had been served, undocked new ship without waiting for my timer to end... lost that too

for future record, you cannot do any action in a ship if you're red flagged in highsec. this includes docking.

Jasconius on
    Attempting to evade Concord is grounds for banning. If you're going to suicide gank, you secure the kill and then allow Concord to kill you.

Also, I don't think it was ever possible to dock with a criminal timer.

• TrekkieTrekkie Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Attempting to evade Concord is grounds for banning. If you're going to suicide gank, you secure the kill and then allow Concord to kill you.

Also, I don't think it was ever possible to dock with a criminal timer.

Yep. that is accurate. They recently fixed a workaround where you could dock at a citadel (player owned structure) in high sec. The alpha was probably not high enough. They did do a lot of passes on things especially the big miners so you might need a larger ship to get them. If you like gankng, join Merch Industrial and be a part of Miniluv or Suddenly Seamen (squads in the swarm) and learn from our masters as ganking.

Eve Online: Zareph
    im not into ganking i just saw a funny target of opportunity and wanted to be cute

belt ratting dragoon in 2019? i needed to do the right thing and show him the error of his ways

followed by being shown the error of my ways

• DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Hey I'm not dead, but my video card is. Don't boot from Corp yet I'm coming back to fly some ops.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
    Jasconius wrote: »
    im not into ganking i just saw a funny target of opportunity and wanted to be cute

belt ratting dragoon in 2019? i needed to do the right thing and show him the error of his ways

followed by being shown the error of my ways

There's no such thing as paranoia in EVE.

Drain wrote: »
    Hey I'm not dead, but my video card is. Don't boot from Corp yet I'm coming back to fly some ops.

I'm doing a big purge this month so you better hurry up. :colbert:

Baidol wrote: »
    Drain wrote: »

I'm doing a big purge this month so you better hurry up. :colbert:

Noted!

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
    Video card arrives Monday. I can try to do an op on my Surface Pro if it needs to be this month.

N9pjfAk.png
    im getting a little deflated with the game

since the pearl abyss thing they have not done very much with the game other than new cyno gates and a bunch of other stuff that's... technically nice but nobody was really asking for... skillbook revamp? ok

im finding it hard to work up the hunger to undock or do anything with the game at all

they've also multi-nerfed abyssal content since it's farmable now, so even that is barely better than exploration unless you slap down 3-5 bill on a ship.. and that was my favorite thing to do other than PVP

it feels to me that... PA wants them to sort of quality-of-life-pass the entire game so that they can do a relaunch, but meanwhile the game feels stagnant

EVE on Linux update: reportedly with Ubuntu 18.10 and the latest Proton update, EVE will run directly through the Steam client again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/az23px/steam_version_of_eve_works_in_ubuntu_1810/

if you have 7 guardians, 4 leshaks, and a dream, you can do anything!

https://br.inyour.space/?s=1001863&b=8530740&e=90&t=evu

Live from Evesterdam: CCP publically promise a the same pirate implants rework for the 3rd year in a row

i really love wormholes

family goes to bed, i turn on my computer, i open tripwire... what's this? A null hole to a pocket I am very familiar with? Undock, 6 minutes later I have a ratting nid tackled in my Extreme Sansha Tackle Wolf of Triumph

ping goes out, the team does the rest

https://zkillboard.com/kill/76190053/

AFK MRCHI's, the next war is starting, so time to resub and play some spaceships.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, apparently a thing is happening: https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-is-in-chaos-after-an-unprecedented-alien-invasion

This is the kind of thing that causes my ears to prick up as I far prefer PvE encounters and, ideally, working as a team to overcome those PvE encounters.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    exciting now. even more exciting if this proves to be something that lasts for a while....

will be tempting for some to try and crash that party and help the drifters kill structures

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    So....looking from the outside the latest event:
    https://massivelyop.com/2019/07/11/eve-evolved-eve-onlines-comms-blackout-will-lead-to-absolute-anarchy/

Anything that punishes AFK playing and talking tons of shit while being completely safe is 100% ok on my book.

I've been enjoying it in my own limited way

I was never a huge proponent of the "delete local" campaign, but it's come out a lot better than I expected

I'm tentatively OK with them redesigning sovnull around this... just... please... please don't add another upwell structure to paste local back in.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    No local in null would probably pull me back. My favorite time in Eve was playing a cloaky pirate in wormholes.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I haven't played in....awhile, but hearing people angry about Local going away feels odd as that seemed one of the main issues when I played....the fact that Local screamed your presence.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I haven't played in....awhile, but hearing people angry about Local going away feels odd as that seemed one of the main issues when I played....the fact that Local screamed your presence.

there is a sizable cohort of EVE players who believe the only true goal of capsuleers should be to make The Number Get Bigger. anything that makes it harder for the Number To Get Bigger is inherently evil and flawed. most of them will return to highsec where they came from

There are some warranted complaints about the blackout... it is a bit of a broadsword, but a broadsword was needed. In the abstract, I think it should be a permanent game feature, on the premise that the economy will eventually rightsize itself so that the ticks will warrant the increased risk...

right now it's all like "lel WH space is literally better and safer than NS in every way right now" which is presently true... but there's 3 years of ill-gained bounty ISK and 2 years of ill-gained moon goo to wash out of the economy before the net impact is understood.... I have a feeling that if this were to become permanent... you could actually recommend sub-cap mining to a new player with a straight face on.... because the ore would actually be worth the time.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    The problem with the current implementation is that it doesn't hurt the blocs at all. I still go krab in my Nyx quite a bit, I've been dropped twice, not once has the umbrella not gotten to me in plenty of time. If anything I'm serving a duel purpose. I'm making as much money as I always have, but now I'm a content generator for our super umbrella. Nothing about this changes anything for the big blocs that have super umbrellas. Only idiots will die, which was true in the old system as well.

So your idea of the economy right sizing will never happen to the big blocs. We're still making krab money as fast as we can and laughing at everyone else who thinks this change has any serious long term meaning to the current power dynamics. If anything this pushes smaller entities with no umbrellas even farther out of nullsec.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    The problem with the current implementation is that it doesn't hurt the blocs at all. I still go krab in my Nyx quite a bit, I've been dropped twice, not once has the umbrella not gotten to me in plenty of time. If anything I'm serving a duel purpose. I'm making as much money as I always have, but now I'm a content generator for our super umbrella. Nothing about this changes anything for the big blocs that have super umbrellas. Only idiots will die, which was true in the old system as well.

So your idea of the economy right sizing will never happen to the big blocs. We're still making krab money as fast as we can and laughing at everyone else who thinks this change has any serious long term meaning to the current power dynamics. If anything this pushes smaller entities with no umbrellas even farther out of nullsec.

I'm pretty sure they are making... way less money right now. Way way less. As of right now, frontier bounty farming is way down, nearly dead. Look at this http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Paragon_Soul#npc24

Do you see those numbers... That's 1/20th of what it was pre-blackout. Or here http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Period_Basis#npc24 , almost deleted. Or here http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Insmother#npc24 much much lower, again probably about 1/15th to 1/20th the pre-blackout numbers, where multiple carriers and supers trolled these Havens 23/7, almost unchecked.

If you live in Delve good for you, not too much changes. Largely the same for Eso, TKE, Detorid, the other major centers of power. That's fine. I, and most reasonably minded people, don't really care about that. People have the right to build a bunch of supers and protect their buddies. I'm not a "delete cyno" guy

But this thing where you could take a super fleet and claim everything in jump distance, fill it with bots, and have the bots pay the fuel bills... was getting way out of hand.

Easing up on that, if it lasts long term, I think opens up new gameplay possibilities.. which EVE needs.

No local in null would probably pull me back. My favorite time in Eve was playing a cloaky pirate in wormholes.

It's still happening

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Have they said if it's temporary or not?

edited July 2019

its "indefinite" still. so. it could be over tomorrow... it could be over a year from now... or forever

but it's CCP so literally who knows

Jasconius on
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

its "indefinite" still. so. it could be over tomorrow... it could be over a year from now... or forever

but it's CCP so literally who knows

Developers don't want to commit on record to large decisions that have long-term ramifications. Anybody with interaction with the user base got told over and over again that they couldn't say a commitment.

i think... my wormhole group is collapsing? the blackout seems to be tugging pretty hard on wormhole content and a lot of people in low class WH seem to be leaving for other pastures... RIP

i'm not sure where that leaves me... i only play late night US.. and that is... a very very dead timezone in k-space most of the time.... :(