As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Marvel Comics Thread Featuring Caving to Neo-Nazis and Wrongful Termination!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    do not put gambit in charge of children
    He was a teacher!

So was Coach McGurk, ostensibly
    Well now I want Gambit voiced by H. Jon Benjamin

doing the accent

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    He was a teacher!

doing the accent
    Of course

CYpGAPn.png
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    He was a teacher!

doing the accent

you mean he sounds just like H. Jon Benjamin, but occasionally says chere?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    are we gonna get magic babies made out of Satan?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Of all the bad relationships in the MCU this is probably the one I least want to see more of.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I like MCU Vision and Wanda a bunch and will watch that show

CYpGAPn.png
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    You know. Thinking of relationships in the MCU Sharon Carter is probably going to end up as a really weird footnote huh?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    You know. Thinking of relationships in the MCU Sharon Carter is probably going to end up as a really weird footnote huh?

yes because cap is CLEARLY in love with
    bucky

blind love for him is the only thing that makes his character make sense

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

i am still mad at them completely wasting emily van camp, star of REVENGE, like that

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I was thinking more that I don't think Cap makes it out of Endgame. And that Sharon Carter gets a passing cameo at best while Steve longingly looks at pictures of her aunt.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    i mean also that

but also how dare they

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Sharon Carter is literally the back half of the Queen song '39

cdci44qazyo3.gif

she trained on revenge island with shang tsung and this is how they repay her????

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    she never even got to wield a Satan Claw!

tumblr_mhtbqiAYKr1qjw1rjo2_500.jpg

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    do not put sugar man in charge of children

You don't have to worry about that.
    He got killed at the start of X-Men Disassembled.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    If you've got an Xbox One, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 was just added as a surprise bonus to their Game Pass service, it's a fantastic game.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    Ughh Uncanny X-Men continues to be bad, with some sparks of interesting things. Unless something drastic changes in the comic, I think #10, the last issue of the event, will be my last issue of Uncanny for now.

Which hey, I was reading one of the main X-books, Red, after dropping Gold and Blue, so maybe another book will come out and catch my attention.

I mean, fuck (issue 9 spoilers):
    I'm not supposed to, by the way they write the story, agree with X-Man. But his speech about X-Men cutting off their nose to spite their face when trying to make the world a better place, him pointing out that the X-Men immediately tried to fight him instead of talk to him, the X-Men trying to kill him instead of talk to him, and they didn't even try to engage with him on his level. He also critiques them for never really approaching him and Legion on a level of really supporting and understanding them, instead locking them away or putting them in the background, to keep them in check. Which is meta, but hey, it's also true. But also, like fuck, the X-Men are currently, pretty much explicitly supporting the status quo that is pushing a "cure" for mutant kind! Kitty saves the bigoted senator, which I get, but the book has pretty much pushed the mutant cure to the sidelines, which is infuriating. It feels like that is the long term X-book focus though, so we'll see.

Armor's use of her powers in the issue was really fucking cool though.

Also, and i'm gonna talk about this out of spoilers, cause its a minor thing in the plot, but it bugs me. There is a mutant "cure" that is the background of the plot. In it, there is a drug created that can "cure" mutants (which is an interesting idea considering they couldn't fix M-Pox cause each version of the X-Gene was unique enough that making a vaccine for M-Pox) that is being pushed as something that can stop people from becoming mutants. Which hey, whatever, it's not the first time this storyline has been done. What bugs me is that it is consistently referred to as the mutant vaccine. The media in the book calls it a vaccine, which hey, they are kind of presented in a bad light, so it makes sense. But all of the mutants use the word vaccine as well. The synopsis uses the word vaccine as well.

What bugs me is a vaccine is specifically used to fight off diseases. By using the word vaccine, in relation to mutants, the book is implying through its own use that being a mutant is a disease. Do I think that is the intention of the book? No. But come on y'all, words have meaning, and using that word to refer to your minority group implies that they shouldn't be there, that they are unnatural and a cure is needed to fix them. The bigots use the phrasing, the mutants use the phrasing, the books use the phrasing,
    Beast, who designed it, uses that phrasing,
    , etc. It really, really bugs me with what it is implying.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    He was a teacher!

doing the accent

you mean he sounds just like H. Jon Benjamin, but occasionally says chere?

Just imagine Coach McGurk saying, "There's always another gator in the bayou."

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited January 2019
    Some other potential recruits in Avengers:
    Okoye is interviewing Ant-Man, Shang-Chi and Mockingbird for the Agents of Wakanda, with Valkyrie and Moon Knight declining.

Apparently Moon Knight was super aggro about it and there was a tease of Moon Knight leading an army of mummys in issue 10 so I am INTRIGUED

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    dangit avengers sounds so good

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Too bad it's a Marvel comic in 2019

Too bad it's a Marvel comic in 2019

yeah basically

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Gillen's DIE #2 came out today, and was amazing. It might be the best thing he's done since Journey Into Mystery.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Maybe not in charge, but he can help an older kid who needs some space to find their own path, but probably needs a guiding hand to keep them out of trouble.

Not completely out of trouble though, so it's probably best he only does this for students with good field training and a strong healing factor.

So like, it worked out OK with one student (and even then he literally blew her up at one point. On purpose.), and he should probably retire from teaching.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Okoye is interviewing Ant-Man, Shang-Chi and Mockingbird for the Agents of Wakanda, with Valkyrie and Moon Knight declining.

Apparently Moon Knight was super aggro about it and there was a tease of Moon Knight leading an army of mummys in issue 10 so I am INTRIGUED
    Moon Knight should just bring back the Midnight Sons and start Avengers: Nightwatch where all they do is fight supernatural monsters that threaten the world. Dracula would be their Doctor Doom.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Sharon Carter is literally the back half of the Queen song '39

Fuck, you're right

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Moon Knight should just bring back the Midnight Sons and start Avengers: Nightwatch where all they do is fight supernatural monsters that threaten the world. Dracula would be their Doctor Doom.

Doctor Doom would be their Doctor Doom.

Accept no substitute.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    she trained on revenge island with shang tsung and this is how they repay her????

I only made it like 3 episodes into Revenge, did she really do this

Grey Ghost wrote: »

I only made it like 3 episodes into Revenge, did she really do this

yes

https://youtu.be/77Evm684Ilo

6vjsgrerts6r.png

i never joke about abc's revenge, one of my absolute favorite shows, graham

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the first trailer for guardians of the galaxy and thor ragnarok had a bunch of cool environments and costumes and makeup but for an action movie with a bunch of aliens half set in space, everything they've shown of halla and the kree and the skrulls and carol flying around shooting lasers looks bad like a higher budget episode of shield

PNk1Ml4.png
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Make a streaming show called "The Carters" for Disney +. Every episode is Sharon or Peggy Carter in their respective time periods. Then get crazy and have a time travel crossover at least once.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Straightzi wrote: »

Doombot thinking it's Doctor Doom would be their Doctor Doom.

Accept no substitute.
    Fixed

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Yeah dude I loved doom 2099

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Doom 2099 could work as a stand-alone show of sorts, a gateway to a televised world of 2099 shows by having Doom react to seeing the new versions of the heroes from his time. Not sure if it oughta go the same route the comic went to the end of the 2099 line however.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

I'm not sure if those are covers or promo art or what, but dang, that looks good.

Oh look its what happens when you let an actual artist make teasers and not some poor intern

CYpGAPn.png
    edited January 2019
    Just in case folks thought Marvel or DC could be the only large companies to fuck up since it has been a while, since the Chaykin bullshit, here is a page from an Image comic that came out this week:

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    that is INSANELY racist, holy shit

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.