As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Burgerrrrrr I mean [Bad Food] Thread

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I hope GOAT has cans that look like movie props just like Good Ass Beer

Good-Ass-Beer-500x499.jpg

Oh and the box it comes in is even more suspect.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnBpSK7wi8hAYQzYpj7AS84XcS9RMiOkXTklHh5fpVwXJUaZqc
    WHAT TIME IS IT?!
    Why, Beer Thirty of course.
    32918.jpg

I have drank more Beer 30 than I ever care to admit.

I never have, and the descriptions of it being worse that busch mean I....well honestly I'd still try it just to try it. But I don't have high hopes. As a person who will swill gallons of PBR and coors light with anybody, and have never turned down a free beer.

My dad's favorite beer was busch

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    kilnborn wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    kdk73p54ig5b.jpg

Those prices are hurting my brain. $25+ for a 6-pack?

Australia!

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    i have only had this once (i made a candian friend sneak it over the border to me) but i feel like it is exactly as advertised

id08pw2uqqlz.jpg

They also make a strong version.

59479.jpg

Of course.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    oh my god

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Wife is going to tgifridays(on a wednesday!) and it's making me want trash food.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i need that beer beer strong

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Wife is going to tgifridays(on a wednesday!) and it's making me want trash food.

Well surely there's somewhere that will deliver a munchie box to you?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Worst beer I've ever had is Walgreen's Big Flats 1901. Its $0.50 a can. It is impossibly bad.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Worst beer I've ever had is Walgreen's Big Flats 1901. Its $0.50 a can. It is impossibly bad.

You'd think it would be better after 118 years of aging.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I'm a fan of House Beer personally. I feel like it looks perfectly like a prop beer where they need a beer that looks real but can't actually use a real brand.

31asfvfghyv6.jpg

• Options
    V1m wrote: »

Unfortunately not.

Reminds me of when I was in college and energy drinks were kicking off. One of the worst tastes I can remember. A $.50 can of Steven Seagal energy drink. The thought almost makes me wretch.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I made schnitzel and chipotle ham cauliflower "mashed potatoes" for dinner and I do not understand the dickwaving about these cauliflower mashed potatoes or tater tots.

They’re tasty but there is basically never a good reason to wave your dick and yet somehow humans do it constantly.
    I hope GOAT has cans that look like movie props just like Good Ass Beer

Good-Ass-Beer-500x499.jpg

Oh and the box it comes in is even more suspect.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnBpSK7wi8hAYQzYpj7AS84XcS9RMiOkXTklHh5fpVwXJUaZqc
    WHAT TIME IS IT?!
    Why, Beer Thirty of course.
    32918.jpg
    I think you mean half past beer.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Hey @LaOs is that a Saskatchewan thing? Reminds me of Dude Beer

477096d1250517805-need-opinions-kokanee-beer-dudebeer6pac.jpg

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    I prefer duf. From Sweden.

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    Carl's Jr is selling a Beyond Burger burger, with one of those meatless patties.

It looks like this:
    CARLS_BEYOND_PROMOPOD_W1.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=500%2C200&ssl=1

The thing has 40 grams of fat.

Arby's is selling this monstrosity:

5MegaMeatStack_18_tile_Desktop_1024x557.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=500%2C411&ssl=1

It has 47 grams of fat.

What the hell is in that fake meat?

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'll take two please.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Coconut oil, mostly. Which, despite the recent and inexplicable hype, is just about as high in saturated fat as beef tallow.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Coconut oil, mostly. Which, despite the recent and inexplicable hype, is just about as high in saturated fat as beef tallow.

Inexplicable?!?

Good sir, I'll have you know that coconut oil is not only perfect to cook with in place of most fats, it's also the perfect hair conditioner, the perfect skin moisturiser, the perfect bearing grease, the perfect alternative fuel for diesel engines, the perfect fire retardant, the perfect medium for liquid-cooling your p.c., the perfect topping for pizza, and it also cures diabetes, syphilis, cancer, and AIDS.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I dunno about all that but it makes a really wicked pool cue greaser.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Inexplicable?!?

Good sir, I'll have you know that coconut oil is not only perfect to cook with in place of most fats, it's also the perfect hair conditioner, the perfect skin moisturiser, the perfect bearing grease, the perfect alternative fuel for diesel engines, the perfect fire retardant, the perfect medium for liquid-cooling your p.c., the perfect topping for pizza, and it also cures diabetes, syphilis, cancer, and AIDS.

How's it work as a personal lubricant?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    If you mix it with tonic water it also cures malaria

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    A quarter pound retail Beyond Burger patty, like you'd get out of your grocer's meat cooler, has 20g of fat, 5g of which is saturated.

From their website, the ingredients are:
    Water, Pea Protein Isolate, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Refined Coconut Oil, Contains 2% or less of the following: Cellulose from Bamboo, Methylcellulose, Potato Starch, Natural Flavor, Maltodextrin, Yeast Extract, Salt, Sunflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Dried Yeast, Gum Arabic, Citrus Extract (to protect quality), Ascorbic Acid (to maintain color), Beet Juice Extract (for color), Acetic Acid, Succinic Acid, Modified Food Starch, Annatto (for color).

So the other half of that Carl's Jr burger's fat comes from the mayo and cheese.

• Options

Inexplicable?!?

You're thinking about corn.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Usually, yes.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    A quarter pound retail Beyond Burger patty, like you'd get out of your grocer's meat cooler, has 20g of fat, 5g of which is saturated...the other half of that Carl's Jr burger's fat comes from the mayo and cheese.

Only if I found myself reaching for something to defend myself from an angry civet cat after the apocrylypse.

I wonder how many people that a Beyond Burger would appeal to will stop at a Carl's Jr and order one, with a side e. coli salad, considering all the cross-contamination with meat that could happen, and the fact that Carl's Jr is a place that, well, makes its money selling meat.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Tried a new Chinese place here called the Kirin Hut. New as in I've never been, but it's been here for awhile I guess and it's also family run so hey sure I'll try them out. Price isn't much to speak of, but the food is tasty. Got some General Tso's chicken since that's my gold standard go-to entree and it was good. Also saw they serve boba but that menu had something like 30+ entries on it and I was a bit intimidated to figure out which one I wanted to try if any.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    kilnborn wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    A quarter pound retail Beyond Burger patty, like you'd get out of your grocer's meat cooler, has 20g of fat, 5g of which is saturated...the other half of that Carl's Jr burger's fat comes from the mayo and cheese.

Only if I found myself reaching for something to defend myself from an angry civet cat after the apocrylypse.

I wonder how many people that a Beyond Burger would appeal to will stop at a Carl's Jr and order one, with a side e. coli salad, considering all the cross-contamination with meat that could happen, and the fact that Carl's Jr is a place that, well, makes its money selling meat.

.... This strikes me as profoundly and unnecessarily hostile and judgemental.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    TBH I might try the Carl's Jr. Beyond burger some time this weekend. I've been eating vegetarian since the new year and I go out to drive for Uber on the weekends, and it's nice that they've got a vegetarian entree option that isn't a salad minus the meat. It's somewhat difficult to find cheap eats that are both filling and vegetarian.

Usually I can default to a wide variety of Asian restaurants since they usually have at least a few vegetarian rice or noodle dishes, but already I occasionally want a burg and it's nice to see a burg I can eat.

jgeis on
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Bad food thread I ate three steaks tonight.

I made cracklins too

...The cracklins were sprinkled on top of the steaks

• Options
    Atheraal wrote: »

I made cracklins too

Fuck, that’s great idea.

Shit.

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    It was really good. I even factored in that they'd roll off while cutting the steak, and adhered them to it with a good application of hot sauce.

• Options
    I made chocolate chip hazelnut cookies and I had to force myself to stop eating them before I got sick

Dark chocolate and white chocolate and chopped up hazelnuts

Also scraped the bowl at the end and made one little cookie that didn’t have anything in it, still good

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    BAD FOOD THREAD ALERT

Wawa has brisket sandwiches now.

BAD FOOD THREAD ALERT

Huh.

How is it? I am in THE WAWA ZONE so I go to them a lot.

I'm not sure how this would hold up for them but I am willing to give it a shot.
    It's standard Wawa. It won't knock your socks off, but it's solid.

BBQ sauce overpowers the taste of the meat though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Atheraal wrote: »

I made cracklins too

Fuck, that’s great idea.

Shit.

Oh they will

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »

Unfortunately not.

Reminds me of when I was in college and energy drinks were kicking off. One of the worst tastes I can remember. A $.50 can of Steven Seagal energy drink. The thought almost makes me wretch.

Lightning Bolt!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IId64OJdCKM

• Options

Isn’t cordyceps the mushroom that mind controls insects and grows out of their brains?

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    It also features in The Last of Us as the start of the fungus zombie apocalypse. <3

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

Isn’t cordyceps the mushroom that mind controls insects and grows out of their brains?

That is a pernicious lie. We aren’t so primitive as to control mere insects, we’ve moved on to the mammals.

And the best part is they have no idea we’re doing it.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

I think some of the hype is because its vegan

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Decius wrote: »
    Hey @LaOs is that a Saskatchewan thing? Reminds me of Dude Beer

477096d1250517805-need-opinions-kokanee-beer-dudebeer6pac.jpg

I actually think they're from Alberta, since I've only ever seen Beer Beer STRONG on a camping trip with friends who had recently brought a variety of stuff back from a trip over there.

I just checked the liquor board website (www.saskliquor.com) and they don't have it listed, so it probably came from Alberta. (BTW, that has to be one of my favourite government websites. I just wish it had a mobile version rather than having to navigate the desktop site on my phone.)
    @Decius

This discussion has been closed.