As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Even Worse Joke Thread

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Funny, I'm assuming this is not a per se medical establishment, that the person is a client and not a patient (despite being called that), and that HIPAA doesn't apply.

Yeah acupuncturists and masseuses also don't have to follow HIPAA because they're not "patients", they're clients. Now that I can read the thing unblocked this is more like a place where you get your nails done than a place you go to get your cancer cut out.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    They say in the response that there are no laws governing colonics in NY, and as long as they don't release the name, SSN, or other personal identifying info of the patient, they're not breaking HIPAA.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Knock knock
    -Who’s there?
    HIPAA
    -HIPAA who?
    Sorry, I can’t tell you that.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    They say in the response that there are no laws governing colonics in NY, and as long as they don't release the name, SSN, or other personal identifying info of the patient, they're not breaking HIPAA.

Then they don't know how HIPAA works. I've had to personally deliver by hand records with PHI because that was the easiest and most secure means of tramsmitting them.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    When are they going to release MS-TRES?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

Then they don't know how HIPAA works. I've had to personally deliver by hand records with PHI because that was the easiest and most secure means of tramsmitting them.

I worked insurance for 12 years and I know how HIPAA works. Yeah, it doesn't matter if there were laws in NY, because they would not affect HIPAA, but as long as no identifying info is released, HIPAA is not broken.

In fact, they often use details of surgeries in training, and if they couldn't relay that info, then they wouldn't be able to train new medical personnel

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    What are you people doing to my beautiful thread

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    It needs a colonic!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Shh you're not supposed to tell anyone about it

• see317see317 Registered User regular

I worked insurance for 12 years and I know how HIPAA works. Yeah, it doesn't matter if there were laws in NY, because they would not affect HIPAA, but as long as no identifying info is released, HIPAA is not broken.

In fact, they often use details of surgeries in training, and if they couldn't relay that info, then they wouldn't be able to train new medical personnel

In this case though, by replying back to the person's post on a public forum, does that identify the person in a way that would bring HIPAA into things?

I mean, those details in surgeries (or those entertaining x-rays of what got lodged where) would have the identifying information removed. In this case, it's still a pretty short trip between the person who reviewed the place and the information provided in the response.

Meh, I don't know.

So, back to the bad jokes, huh?
    What brand of motorcycle has the best sense of humor?
    A Yamahahaha

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That Harley even counts as a joke

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Not a HarHarHarley-Davidson?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Or a Buelol?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    If I tell you details about a patient with Prader-Willi syndrome, I guess that would be a hungry hungry HIPAA violation.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Im terrified of elevators.

VkNDUg6.jpg

So Im taking steps to avoid them!

We were watching Battlestar Galacta and a bar fight broke out with a guy hitting somebody else in the face with a bottle, and I quipped: “He just inflicted grievous bottle-y harm.” The wife told me to pack up my things and get out.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    I don't trust atoms,
    I hear the make up everything.

The other day I bought a thesaurus, but when I got home and opened it all the pages were blank,
    I have no words to describe how mad I am.

Three guys are on a boat and they have four cigarettes but nothing to light them with – what do they do?
    They throw one cigarette overboard, and the boat becomes a cigarette lighter.

Imagine if America switched from pounds to kilograms overnight.
    There would be mass confusion.

What has four letters, sometimes has nine letters, and never has five letters.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

That...is genuinely evil.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum

That...is genuinely evil.

It got me hard the first time.

:evil:

steam_sig.png

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

I will always genuinely love black comedians doing "white dude" voices.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    What building has the most stories?
    The library

What can jump higher than a building?
    Anything, buildings can’t jump.

(This next one I just made up)

How are photons like sailors?
    They are always going to C.

steam_sig.png

enjqc81lxrfx.jpg

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I mean, the graphics and the physics simulation are amazing, but the forced permadeath / ironman save system are super annoying and someone seriously needs to fire the writing team.

I’m tired of the repetitive story arcs every few expansions.

steam_sig.png

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    What type of clothing does a clam wear to the gym?
    A mussel shirt

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    KFuhWJU.jpg

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    No.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Yes.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I don't trust atoms,
    I hear the make up everything.

The other day I bought a thesaurus, but when I got home and opened it all the pages were blank,
    I have no words to describe how mad I am.

Three guys are on a boat and they have four cigarettes but nothing to light them with – what do they do?
    They throw one cigarette overboard, and the boat becomes a cigarette lighter.

Imagine if America switched from pounds to kilograms overnight.
    There would be mass confusion.

Giving you an awesome to make up for the fact I am stealing all of these, and giving you no credit.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    KFuhWJU.jpg
    This should not be as funny as it is.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    KFuhWJU.jpg
    This should not be as funny as it is.

It's pretty good, but I'd like it better if it was something like "2017: Greg; 2018: Greg; 2019: Greg; 2020: Ian" because I am a massive nerd.

(The main contribution of the Gregorian calendar was the invention of the leap year, you see. )

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Why are ice creams funny?
    Because you can't spell lolly without lol.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »

I will always genuinely love black comedians doing "white dude" voices.

Snoop dogg's white guy voice is hilarious.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    haahaha oh shit

oh damn

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I feel like I'd be a good hype man, if I ever found somebody that deserved my labor

or paid me

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    MC Depressperado, hype man to the stars

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I just remembered who Dale Earnhardt is and

fuck, there’s a lot going on in that tweet.

This discussion has been closed.