As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So up to having Smash Bros Ult, Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Mario + Rabbids on my switch now. Then noticed that thanks to all of this, i had enough gold points get Hollow Knight for 3 bucks!

So now i've got Hollow Knight as well, woo!

(Edit: Holy carp the typos D:)

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular

YES! This is the one I've been waiting for above and beyond the rest of the Final Fantasy's coming to Switch.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Namrok wrote: »

YES! This is the one I've been waiting for above and beyond the rest of the Final Fantasy's coming to Switch.

X and X-2 are also coming out on April 16th.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    So, uh, question for switch owners with D3 - how the hell do you chat with party members, as I couldn't figure that out for the life of me?

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Are they not worried that back to back FF releases might cannibalize each other's sales at all?

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    That’s all great... Now please localize the Secret of Mana collection Square, thanks.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Are they not worried that back to back FF releases might cannibalize each other's sales at all?

Yeah, I'm surprised they're not dribbling them all out throughout the year.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    At this point I'd be happy with a FFT:WotL port onto the Switch as well. I have it on android and while it technically works, it's just too slow to play on a touch only interface.

Then one day I'll have my wish granted and get a FFT style game with OT graphics.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy has changed so much over time, and people have different favorites for such different reasons, I wonder how much cannibalizing of sales there really would be. Personally FF XII is the only one I'm interested in.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy has changed so much over time, and people have different favorites for such different reasons, I wonder how much cannibalizing of sales there really would be. Personally FF XII is the only one I'm interested in.

X-2 for me. I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy Job systems.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So many FF re-releases! I wish they'd hurry up and give me FF XIII trilogy collection already =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    So, uh, question for switch owners with D3 - how the hell do you chat with party members, as I couldn't figure that out for the life of me?

I haven't done this yet, as I just got D3 recently, but my friends who've already been partying together use Discord, since the Nintendo Switch Online app doesn't have voice chat for D3.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Square is doing pretty well after 2018 and a good bit of their sales are coming from mobile, so they may just be looking to flood brand exposure to drive more people to their FTP titles.

Also they got a pretty huge back catalog and do a re-release of their games pretty much every other year. The pioneered the Skyrim effect.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Enc wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Square is doing pretty well after 2018 and a good bit of their sales are coming from mobile, so they may just be looking to flood brand exposure to drive more people to their FTP titles.

Also they got a pretty huge back catalog and do a re-release of their games pretty much every other year. The pioneered the Skyrim effect.

And yet they still haven’t brought over SD3 after 20 years, even though they’ve done two seperate FFV scripts, did translated remakes of FF 2 and 3, localized all the old dragon quests and Romancing Saga 2 of all things, and some college kids were able to translate it in their free time.

Just saying, hint hint Square...

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I might pick up the switch version of X and X-2 but 50$ is kind of eh. for a game that rivals resident evil 4 and skyrim in how many time's it's been ported.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular

I haven't done this yet, as I just got D3 recently, but my friends who've already been partying together use Discord, since the Nintendo Switch Online app doesn't have voice chat for D3.

I figured you'd have some form of chat at least (since it doesn't, and the PC version sure as shit does). Makes group play impossible otherwise....

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    there's a sale on a few Switch or DS game codes on Amazon today, if you haven't gotten Mario Kart or Splatoon 2 yet

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Been playing Full Metal Furies. Action RPG ish thing with different classes etc, made by the Rogue Legacy team. I like it but it’s very frustrating and getting more so as the difficulty ramps up, because your characters good abilities all have cool downs which display on your character’s position onscreen, not on like a corner portrait or something like that, and it’s very easy for that info to get buried under enemies or enemy attacks. You can grind for stat boosts though , so I think bumping up character health a few ticks will help offset it.

It’s a good game though, great sense of humor and looks like there’ll be a lot of stages. Pixel art which I’m a bit old on but it’s well done. Supports local/online 4 player multi; ive been playing it solo so far which lets you switch between 2 of the 4 characters

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Well yeah, I'm only interested in XII as well, but I imagine the market for X/X-2 and XII on the Switch has a pretty significant overlap, and I can't imagine buying any 2 games in the same genre back to back like that.
    Been playing Full Metal Furies. Action RPG ish thing with different classes etc, made by the Rogue Legacy team. I like it but it’s very frustrating and getting more so as the difficulty ramps up
    That game would have been really good if there were some more difficulty tweak options (neither option feels right to me), and if a 2-player team could swap characters like in single-player. In it's actual state, I have a hard time recommending it.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I already double dipped on FF12 and FF10. Gosh.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I think these games are old enough and well known enough by now that the majority of people out there already know if these particular versions are for them.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

Discord.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Definitely picking up FF12. "Mobile" FF12? It's perfect.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm probably gonna pick up FFXII and FFX/X-2 at some point since I have never played them (I have never owned a Sony console and never got around to the PC ports). I've got FFVII (currently playing) and FFIX on Steam which I obtained before the Switch announcement for the FF titles.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    there's a sale on a few Switch or DS game codes on Amazon today, if you haven't gotten Mario Kart or Splatoon 2 yet

Do you happen to have a link? Or is the sale over now

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

Do you happen to have a link? Or is the sale over now

https://www.dekudeals.com/hottest

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I missed out on the hype train for dead cells and Wizards of legend and i'm playing both pretty heavily right now.

I love these kinds of games. I love that i'm failing but getting back up and edging closer and closer to victory.

I made it to the final boss of dead cells and ended up losing but damn i felt awesome.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed that I'm still stuck at the Concierge. Any suggestions on builds?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I'm disappointed that I'm still stuck at the Concierge. Any suggestions on builds?

tactics with a focus on two turrets, frost blast and maybe a ranged primary

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Discord.

Hmm, I got the phone app, it seems easy enough, I guess it would be wise to pair lists of friend with a server(s). Is there any point in having multiple personal servers, versus one person creating a game-specific server that everyone intends to use?

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    God damn it. I got Zodiac Age on PS4 because I figured it would never come to Switch. Then like the day after I finished it they fucking announce it.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    God damn it. I got Zodiac Age on PS4 because I figured it would never come to Switch. Then like the day after I finished it they fucking announce it.

But you’ve already finished the game. I don’t really see the problem.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

But I could have done it on the toilet.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options

But I could have done it on the toilet.

No, you wouldn’t have played anything at all because it’s not out yet.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Jokes on you I have a time traveling toilet.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options

Well clearly your Zodiac Age problem proves you aren’t utilizing it to its fullest.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular

Did this happen last September? Because that's when they first announced it was coming.

Or does the time travel toilet (patent pending) complicate this scenario?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I never did get around to FFXII. Should probably grab that rather than replay VII yet again.

Oh brilliant
  • Options

Well clearly your Zodiac Age problem proves you aren’t utilizing it to its fullest.

Unfortunately the flush crapacitor, which makes toilet time travel possible, only flushes time forward!

Seriously though I would have skipped the PS4 version if I had known about the Switch version at the time. FFXII just begs for pick up and play sessions. Especially with all the hunts. I'd love a version I can take with me but since I completed it relatively recently I'm not interested in revisiting it so soon.

On the plus side I haven't played FFX yet and I'm definitely grabbing that on Switch.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    The Humble bundle team just announced that Nintendo is now selling digital games for Switch and 3ds via the Humble store. Now you can support charities while purchasing your favorite Nintendo titles.

I thought the charity thing didn't apply to Nintendo titles?

Plus, it's US-only.

From what I've seen, there isn't really any compelling reason to go through them for Nintendo games.
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Zelda II on my birthday?! Awesome!

Fun fact: Zelda II was my first ever game delay experience. Time moves super slow when you're a kid, and when I read that Zelda II was getting delayed almost a year, I was heartbroken. Once I got my hands on it though, all was instantly forgotten. While the game is certainly the black sheep of the series, it did a lot of unique and experimental things to the series. Some bad, some good. Well, mostly bad stuff, but it was a different day and age back then.

Zelda II will always have a special place in my heart. Between the two games, I must have poured hundreds of hours into them.

No way, Zelda II is awesome. I wish they'd make another.

Others have tried, and Monster Boy scratches the itch a little, but I don't think there's ever been another game that's gotten the most satisfying parts quite right (though Skyward Sword was an admirable attempt at trying to bring the sword combat into 3D, but that has its own issues).

A few simple things I think would help Zelda II's appeal tremendously:

1) Keep XP after a game over or saving/restarting your game.

2) Don't take away extra lives after a save/make the items replenish or increase your stock each time you restart -- just something more permanent/long term.

3) Don't send players back to North Castle every time they get a game over/restart before Great Palace (which you can't save at, either).

Sure, there are other things, like the nigh-useless sword beams and short sword range, but I think people would find those far more tolerable with the above implemented.

Instead, though, any SP version will probably just start you maxed out at the entrance to Great Palace or something, because who wants to actually play these games in a more fun, modern QoL way when they can just play it for you?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!