As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I feel like it would have been better if they had decreased bonuses/skills that only worked if they were transformed

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    The banner is long and there will be tickets. Must resist the urge to drop all my orbs Friday. The banner should even overlap a little with the legendary reveal for Jan, which has a real shot of being Deghinsea. I'd definitely go after him if it is!

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Are they always transformed if they meet the requirements?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »

Looks like it. So an all beast team is always transformed, period?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Gotta love the summoning simulators to drive home just how huge the variance is. Ran 300 orbs a bunch of times and got everything from 2 bad pitybreakers to 4 focus units + 5 pitybreakers.

Really helps lower expectations!

As well as make me mad at how terrible so many pitybreakers are. Gray? Luke? Ugh.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I hope my luck is as good as it was with a simulator just now. 140 orbs got me 3 Tibarns and 2 Leannes.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »

Looks like it. So an all beast team is always transformed, period?

That seems to be the case.

I am curious if we're due for a Fates banner after this. The list of top CYL2 winners still not in the game are:
    Selkie Fates
    Keaton Fates
    Panne Awakening
    Kaden Fates
    Velouria Fates
    Tibarn Radiant Dawn
    Haar Radiant Dawn
    Ranulf Path of Radiance

It's like all Fates beasts at the top there. Considering the Radiant Dawn banner followed this list semi faithfully (though it skipped Ranulf for Reyson and skipped the non-beasts, though this makes sense since, like I said, it would have been kinda weird to put Leanne on a banner before Reyson).

I think it will depend on whether they are worried about "beast fatigue" of doing two beast banners in a row. But they *are* the next highest on the list. So we might get that, followed by the promised Binding Blade banner in March (plus valentine's sprinkled between).

While I'm predicting things, based on the CYL results I'm saying Binding Blade will be: Rutger, Lugh, Sue, Echidna, with Idunn GHB. Taking a bit of a gamble on this because I feel like they will want to balance genders (the top four are actually all male, assuming you rightfully skip Idunn who is a "villian"). This also covers all four colors assuming Rutger is red, Lugh is blue, Sue is colorless and Echidna is green.

But, if I'm wrong, for those curious, here's the top choices in order:
    Idunn
    Rutger
    Lugh
    Dieck
    Gonzalez
    Lot
    Sue
    Perceval
    Echidna
    Wolt
    Melady

(I'd actually really like Gonzalez to be honest but I doubt we get him unless he replaces Echidna)

I also suspect we're due for a Blazing Blade banner soon, maybe in April or May? Lot of high choices:
    Louise
    Nils
    Rath
    Pent
    Erk
    Sain
    Athos
    Guy

Honestly I think the first four work nicely, though if we *do* get Sue, Rath might be held off for Erk or something just so we're not getting two bow ponies in a row. *shrug* Rath is super popular tho. Either way, I almost guarantee Pent & Louise will share a banner.

Edit: All of this said, CYL3 aught to be coming real soon too, so that might influence some of the character rankings. BUT, I assume there's a few months at least of lead time on all of these characters so I imagine we'll be working off CYL2 results until at least Summer.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I forgot about Rath! Put in Rath! I've wanted him in for a long time.

• Options
    Ha, I just occurred to me that the top 4 Fates characters, Kaden/Selkie and Keaton/Velouria, are both parent/child pairs. That's a banner that basically makes itself :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Selkie's paralogue was fun in Fates... she'll be baiting all my orbs.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I am less familiar with the Fates children since I only got about halfway through Birthright before I gave up and then just watched LPs of all three games in which Mangs didn't recruit hardly any of the children :/

I honestly probably should give Conquest a try though, the *gameplay* of it looked fun, even if the story was pure garbage.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Aesthetics alone make me dislike the fates awakening beasts. They look exceedingly silly compared to the Laguz.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Oh geez I stayed up way too late last night and spent all my feathers on Cherche and Black Knight merges. Literally, I'm sitting on 0.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    New patch is out. Don't forget to upgrade your Aether Fountain before the reset :)

Also Julia's Naga refine is nuts

Edit: Hmm...

It may be time to merge up Beruka...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

'Against dragon foes, neutralise skill "damage from staves is calculated normally".'

Are there any dragon healers?

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

'Against dragon foes, neutralise skill "damage from staves is calculated normally".'

Are there any dragon healers?

I have read that wrong and it does not actually do that. Someone made a mistake on the description (copy pasted Eir's skill description no doubt)

• Options
    One thing I saw was Dragons without dragonstones count as human. Assuming that is for people who uneqip them so they can't attack?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    No, it's unit type. So H!Nowi counts as human, for example.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Just think of them as having class changed, so they no longer have the dragon or beast tag anymore.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Just think of them as having class changed, so they no longer have the dragon or beast tag anymore.

That actually doesn't work in Awakening, at least. Never looked into it for Fates.

• Options
    Talith wrote: »

That actually doesn't work in Awakening, at least. Never looked into it for Fates.

Looks like it doesn't work for Fates either, they keep their weakness.

Alright, so it's strictly a FEH game balance thing since the alts don't have the inflated ManadDragaLaguBeast BSTs

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Jumped on that Julia refine. Can never have too many good dragon counters. Maybe time to remove her Triangle adept so she can kill a wider variety of them.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    After all this time, I still never got her.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    They usually do a banner with the new refines, so an opportunity to get her should be coming up.

• Options
    Yea i have a deidre but her refine isn't as good

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Alright, managed to get up to 900 orbs. Ready to drop down to 0.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Edit: Btw, Mythic Summon Banner this month. All aboard the Yune hype train! Woo wooooo!

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Oh boy, 5 red orbs on the first screen! Surely Tibarn is hiding behind one!

nco3hzuf1zwd.png

...yeah. That about sums it up. 320 orbs, 3 five stars. One -spd Nailah (at least I got her), a shitty Brave Roy, and an Owain I didn't want. Sigh. Still have orbs left, but I'm waiting on the tickets.

• Options
    FYI, the tickets seem to be in the bonds thing this time, instead of a daily handout.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Took a bit over 200 orbs, but I managed to get everyone, and with pretty decent IVs as well. I'll take that rare bit of luck!

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    First order of business was to get the 4 tickets, then I threw 200 orbs into five-pulls.

I made out of this round a happy camper.

Sumia
    Tibarn +ATK -spd
    Lene
    Leanne +ATK -def
    Nailah +ATK -hp
    Nailah +DEF -atk

also some nice 4* fodder and another merge for Soleil

\o/

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I grabbed the four tickets and summoned full rounds. So 75 orbs for Sigurd and Nailah (-hp/+spd)

Was hoping to get one focus and did! I’m done here (and am out of orbs).

• Options
    Oh hey is that a Nephenee merge banner I see?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Got a +Def/-HP Nailah, which doesn't seem great, but still usable. Considering passing her B skill to someone else, though... would really love to have a character who can reliably deal with staves.
    Given that I don't care about the hit to arena score, there's also the possibility of passing both Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt 2 to A-Tiki. She doesn't have nearly as much Res as the likes of Fae, but she could probably still do the job of swatting a healer away.

• Options
    Got a +Def/-HP Nailah, which doesn't seem great, but still usable. Considering passing her B skill to someone else, though... would really love to have a character who can reliably deal with staves.
    Given that I don't care about the hit to arena score, there's also the possibility of passing both Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt 2 to A-Tiki. She doesn't have nearly as much Res as the likes of Fae, but she could probably still do the job of swatting a healer away.

Why would you pass distant counter to her instead of just using Lightning Breath?

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

Why would you pass distant counter to her instead of just using Lightning Breath?

So that she could use Breath of Fog instead. It's a side-grade at best, but I think it's worth considering in this case.

• Options
    If I had one more Nailah I'd probably do the same, but for now I need both for bane busting.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    This banner brought mostly tears. Used the tickets. Terrible 5 star rate, no Tibarn. At least I got 2 nailahs, but both IVs suck so I might need to merge instead of creating 2 healer killers.

I was cursed by the fucking -atk +HP IV. Literally 3 times, and two were new units for me who I might have been excited about - Sanaki and Brave Ephraim. One of the Nailahs was also this IV. Aargh. Now I'm salty and need a break.

Feeling the uselessness of even hundreds of orbs makes me very certain I'll never spend again barring some massive discount though. Can't believe how little potential value you get for $75.

• Options
    I'm not really a fan of IVs.

I did get one of the herons and Brave Ephraim in about 110 orbs, didnt check IVs on the heron lady before starting to level her... but she's primarily there for support anyways.