As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Think that will be noticeable after painting?

e6wxd7f2xb82.jpg

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    No. Even know it's there, it probably won't be noticeable unless you're holding it that close.

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Shrug,place the model in the table and stand a foot away

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Just go easy on the washes or wick up anything that gets stuck in the holes.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    No one notices all of the little fuckups on models when they're on the table in a game.

Let me tell you how many times I have not even noticed a mold line or sprue burr on a model that I just spent an hour or two painting, let alone something seen in an opponent's army on the other side of a 6'x4' table.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    That looks super easy to fill with greenstuff and smooth with a toothpick or something.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    So Razorbacks no longer have the option for las/plas tirrets?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Index option if it isn't in the codex. Also probably the worst turret in 8th.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

It’s also got the hilarious problem (also shared by combi-plas on Chaos tanks) where it’s a normal plasma gun so a 1 on overcharge removes the whole tank.

• TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

It’s also got the hilarious problem (also shared by combi-plas on Chaos tanks) where it’s a normal plasma gun so a 1 on overcharge removes the whole tank.

It's so dumb. Instant death for a 10 wound tank, while a regular old classic Dreadnought just takes a mortal wound instead.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    GW's model of the year top 3 is up.

3. Great unclean One
    2. Morathi
    1. Noise Marine

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Now that sounds like an easy enough thing to house-rule...

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

3. Great unclean One
    2. Morathi
    1. Noise Marine

Morathi's Oracle model is the fucking shit and I'd love to pick it up if I didn't have to spend £80 to do so.

Just... give me more elves, GW. More.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    A Tyrion Elves - Malekith Elves box set *dream*

Burnage wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

3. Great unclean One
    2. Morathi
    1. Noise Marine

Morathi's Oracle model is the fucking shit and I'd love to pick it up if I didn't have to spend £80 to do so.

Just... give me more elves, GW. More.

One of the guys I play with uses the big Morathi as a Keeper of Secrets and the little Morathi got grafted onto a defiler.

u7stthr17eud.png
    TheColonel wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »

It's so dumb. Instant death for a 10 wound tank, while a regular old classic Dreadnought just takes a mortal wound instead.

If you can get the rolls for it you can cheese this into a way to get a squad of chaos marines across the board on turn 1 though.

Not something you'd do in a competitive game, but it's hilarious to see when it happens.

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Ha, that's a cute way to disembark after moving, ready to shoot and charge, it's not like the rhino will survive the next turn anyway.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Best case scenario: Move+ warptime move = 24" movement. Fire the combi plasma and bolter for -1 to hit, ideally at a target that's also -1 to hit. Explode on a 1-2-3 with help from a CP reroll. Loose a couple berserkers in the explosion, and then charge 2d6" + icon reroll.
    Wheeeeee!

website_header.jpg
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Clearly, this is RAI :P

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I mean, I have to say that there is something alluringly apropos with the image of a rhino zooming across the table, exploding, and spraying beserkers everywhere.

The only way that could get more appropriate is if it sprayed cum instead.

...right?

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Just fill it with noisemarines (or plaugemarines if you've got that rash you need to get looked at)

website_header.jpg
    Mayday wrote: »
    The only way that could get more appropriate is if it sprayed cum instead.

...right?

Wrong god.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Okay Slaanesh is cum spraying (I guess) nurgle is pus and khorne is blood.

What is Tzeentch?

TheGerbil on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Okay Slaanesh is cum spraying (I guess) nurgle is pus and khorne is blood.

What is Tzeentch?

giphy.gif

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited January 2019
    E: all of the above.

Mayday on
    I saw this somewhere once and I thought it was a really interesting way to describe the four Chaos gods:
    Khorne is a god of war, violence, blood, and murder... but he's also a god of honour and courage.

Tzeentch is a god of deception, sorcery, fate, and schemes... but he's also a god of knowledge, innovation, and progress.

Nurgle is a god of death, disease, stagnation, and decay... but he's also a god of nature, life, and comfort.

Slaanesh is a god of excess, indulgence, perversion, and sin... but s/he's also a god of joy, passion, and success.

The main reason the chaos gods are evil is because their more negative aspects are far more prevalent in the Materium and they are a reflection of that.

Yeah, I always liked that take on them - they're the embodiment of ideals taken to a negative extreme.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I saw this somewhere once and I thought it was a really interesting way to describe the four Chaos gods:
    Khorne is a god of war, violence, blood, and murder... but he's also a god of honour and courage.

Tzeentch is a god of deception, sorcery, fate, and schemes... but he's also a god of knowledge, innovation, and progress.

Nurgle is a god of death, disease, stagnation, and decay... but he's also a god of nature, life, and comfort.

Slaanesh is a god of excess, indulgence, perversion, and sin... but s/he's also a god of joy, passion, and success.

The main reason the chaos gods are evil is because their more negative aspects are far more prevalent in the Materium and they are a reflection of that.

Sounds like something a heretic would say!!

I'm on to you smoke

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I feel like Khorne may have been about honour at one point but it's a very twisted view now. It's more just slaughter and blood.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Khorne doesn't care whence the blood flows, only that it flows – Honour!

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    This theory is just part of the grimdark hopelessness, accepting it then the premise is: so ok sure the forces of Chaos were in balance during the Dark Age of Technology when humanity was basically The Culture for 15,000 years or whatever and everything was an easy utopia and the Eldar had an easy life from day 1 since they were uplifted by an ancient progenitor race and handed their technology.

But the Eldar grew so decadent that they throw the passion / perversion balance of the collective psychic energies (the warp) out of whack and give rise to Slaanesh and we go into the Bad Times - warp storms break out and everything goes to hell, tilting the other axes into bad-version. How do you possibly fix that? How do you convince the psychic races to think happy thoughts despite the multiple apocalypses, because all this negativity is a feedback loop making the problem worse?

Theories like this on the nature of the warp also raise interesting questions about how intertwined Chaos, mankind & the eldar are. Presuming that orks and tyranids aren't useful to Chaos, then if either of those two threats succeeds in wiping out the Imperium and/or the Craftworlds then Chaos weakens or dies outright. Shouldn't then the forces of Chaos be eager to assist Imperial, etc. forces opposing Tyranids, etc.?

Fan theory musing is always fun.

Chaos isn’t a single unified intelligence though, it’s like a million split personalities with their own psychoses. Part of why Chaos hasn’t won despite being literally omnipotent, omniscient, and every other Omni you can think of is that it spends as much energy trying to murder its different part as it does taking over realspace.

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    The Eldar had gone so far over to the hedonistic orgiesvand decadence their collective psychic power birthed Slannesh, and blew a hole in reality and created the Eye of terror.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Draeven wrote: »
    The Eldar had gone so far over to the hedonistic orgiesvand decadence their collective psychic power birthed Slannesh, and blew a hole in reality and created the Eye of terror.

...but the sex was amazing!

I dunno, a functionally immortal incredibly decadent psychic society with no impulse control and unlimited future sex technology probably got into some really horrific fetishes. Dark Eldar are just the washed out castaways of their once vast boning empire, the OG eldar would have been literal Cenobites giving speeches about saving tears and wasted suffering.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Badablack wrote: »
    I dunno, a functionally immortal incredibly decadent psychic society with no impulse control and unlimited future sex technology probably got into some really horrific fetishes. Dark Eldar are just the washed out castaways of their once vast boning empire, the OG eldar would have been literal Cenobites giving speeches about saving tears and wasted suffering.

Master of mankind has some insight into the fall of the eldar... Sex-murder-drug-covenry was something of a tipping point for the species.

In fact the point of delineation where the two cultures separated may have actually been the level to which you were into Sex-murder-drug-covenry

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

In the xenology book it says the aeldari had sex in stages to reproduce

Also the Ork gods are part of the Warp. In the Ork codex it talks about them being in the Warp and that the opening of the Eye effected them. Ghaz is literally thrumming with their power and he wants to rip open the Warp to let out the Ork gods.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

"You ever fucked a God into existence? I have." - Asdrubael Vect, probably

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
This discussion has been closed.