As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I'm free of having to run Geos, yay.

Next up, Phoenix and Belias. Again, no chain. Blah. Going to have to see if I can Imperil to compensate. I guess I can run Wakka USB1 for Phoenix. Thinking about picking Rydia's BSB2 from the dream draw for the magic side (I've got her mag-boost en-water usb1, squeezing that in with max Imperil though is probably gonna need an entruster or two).

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think my problem is that I blow through all of Phase 2 very quickly. He makes it to Null Shock, then starts phase 3. How much life do you suppose that is left? It looks so close argh.

2zpw4rye7vhw.jpg

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    If I had to guess, maybe 250-350K left on his bar?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    If you have lots of phase 2 you aren't using, you could try slow rolling a bit in the early phases. Instead of starting on shantottos witch abilities right away, she could use a few more turns of black magic, for instance. This might give you time to get an extra imperil out of Garnet, for instance. Or to get a second chain started and up to a good number before phase 3 starts.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Daily disco

Cid Raines Godhand

This seems pretty good. And I already had him dived as his BSB was ridiculous on its own.

I’ll take it

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So with some 5* Magicite I thought I'd re-examine some old Torments.

I remember seeing this clear: https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8y8jgr/clutch_d_sub30_fft_torment_victory/ several months ago, and thought I could do most it, but I wasn't going to make Aegis Strike just for the extra SB for TG Cid. Fast forward to now, and Healing Smite is a thing, so that slotted in nicely.

Ended up lowering my clear time from 40.05 seconds to 31.5 seconds, which is a big deal. I only have Agrias OSB, none of her Imperil stuff, so damage sort of petered out right at the end, and it went just over 30 seconds. Not sure if I can tighten anything up and squeeze those last few seconds out. It might just be RNG for W-cast and Imperil procs, which doesn't sound fun at all. The struggle continues.

E: Hmm, if I Legend Dive Ramza, Shout would last the whole fight, instead of falling off at 25 seconds. His Dive category is kind of barren, so it might be worth it from an opportunity cost perspective.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    First Belias down, messy as heck but expert at 58 seconds. Everyone died except Rydia last standing, and spamming her USB1 for the paltry damage needed to finish it.

I didn't grab her BSB2, and if I can squeeze a few more wins I don't think I'll need it. I screwed up a lot, so if I can tighten it up I should be good.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    King USB + chain: still fucking hilarious, but causing me problems from killing the 280 boss TOO FAST and not being able to handle later phases yet.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Lol

I can’t even kill the easy XV and XIV torments.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    FFRK's been loading poorly after I updated to Android P, anyone else have the same android version? The after battle screen just stutters in place

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    JP apparently just got a balance change to how certain legend materia work. Any LM that has a chance to trigger on attacks of a specific element will now check if the attack includes that element at all, even if that's not the element that will be used for damage. For example, Terra has a LMR that allows her to doublecast Fire attacks - after the update, she can use that to doublecast Meltdown even if it will be dealing Earth or Wind damage.

Raines BSB + LM2 got a buff as a result of this (possibly unintentional, may get patched out). Since that LM is doublecast dark AND holy, and his burst commands are also dark AND holy, it actually rolls for both elements, meaning he can potentially triplecast (or just, y'know, have an extremely high chance of doublecasting)

I'm seeing conflicting comments about whether this also applies to things like Terra's Arcane Awakening, which includes guaranteed doublecast fire. If that also applies to wind/earth damage on Meltdown and ice/lightning damage on Valigarmanda, oh baby.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Lulu is going to be a hell of a lot better on Belias with that change.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Fry wrote: »
    JP apparently just got a balance change to how certain legend materia work. Any LM that has a chance to trigger on attacks of a specific element will now check if the attack includes that element at all, even if that's not the element that will be used for damage. For example, Terra has a LMR that allows her to doublecast Fire attacks - after the update, she can use that to doublecast Meltdown even if it will be dealing Earth or Wind damage.

Raines BSB + LM2 got a buff as a result of this (possibly unintentional, may get patched out). Since that LM is doublecast dark AND holy, and his burst commands are also dark AND holy, it actually rolls for both elements, meaning he can potentially triplecast (or just, y'know, have an extremely high chance of doublecasting)

I'm seeing conflicting comments about whether this also applies to things like Terra's Arcane Awakening, which includes guaranteed doublecast fire. If that also applies to wind/earth damage on Meltdown and ice/lightning damage on Valigarmanda, oh baby.

I know Ashe could already use her Arcane Awakening to break damage limit on Voltech for Ice. E: At least I think Key Tsang was talking about it.

Because W-cast was so weak and really needed a boost to make it competitive?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I think it's more that they want to try to help out characters who are element-focused rather than school-focused. Rinoa gets to be awesome at all black magic, so it's a little unfair that someone like Terra or Vincent is completely locked in to one element.

The Break Damage Limit effect on Arcane Awakenings is separate from any of the doublecasting stuff, I think they will let you break damage with whatever you are doing.

Fry on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Triplecasting Raines? Are we going back to 2017 meta? :P

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

I think it's more that they want to try to help out characters who are element-focused rather than school-focused. Rinoa gets to be awesome at all black magic, so it's a little unfair that someone like Terra or Vincent is completely locked in to one element.

The Break Damage Limit effect on Arcane Awakenings is separate from any of the doublecasting stuff, I think they will let you break damage with whatever you are doing.

Looked it up. At ~3:45 in this video, Ashe Double Casts Voltech against Typhon while under the effects of her Arcane Awakening.

https://youtu.be/i375KlwyNJ4?t=225

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hey, that’s a nice buff for Rapha, with her Burst. Now she can dualcast heals even on targets that resist Lightning.

• Options
    Why is the III Torment so much easier than the others? Was able to handle the healing with Arc SSB. Damage isn't even in the same ball park. 4k to all vs 1k to all. And a lot of the time its less than that to only one person.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Another change coming out shaves off .55 to 1 second of air time for all of the dragoon jumps (the lower tier stuff goes from 2.2 to 1.65, the 5/6* ones go from 3.5 to 2.5 seconds of air time).

The X event has a water dragoon 5* ability for Kimahri, Rainy Screw. 4 water jump attacks, 0CT.

Kimahri's AASB pairs nicely with it as he gains No Air Time on said 0CT jump. He also gets an instant cast water/fire Arcane.....that instant KOs him after hitting. Hah!

Oh and Rikku gets a 6* Glint, no big. 0 SB cost, 0CT, gets 500 SB.

*Spits coffee*

• Options
    Beat up some torments and made chain thundaja.
    Closer, but not quite there. Oh this is frustrating since I've spent so many resources on it now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Another change coming out shaves off .55 to 1 second of air time for all of the dragoon jumps (the lower tier stuff goes from 2.2 to 1.65, the 5/6* ones go from 3.5 to 2.5 seconds of air time).

The X event has a water dragoon 5* ability for Kimahri, Rainy Screw. 4 water jump attacks, 0CT.

Kimahri's AASB pairs nicely with it as he gains No Air Time on said 0CT jump. He also gets an instant cast water/fire Arcane.....that instant KOs him after hitting. Hah!

Oh and Rikku gets a 6* Glint, no big. 0 SB cost, 0CT, gets 500 SB.

*Spits coffee*

FINALLY Kimahri can contribute to teams that use his own dang Ultra for Water Shield.

WTF at that Rikku Glint. If only she could use Entrust.

Idea; get the Glint and her U1. Give her a start-with-haste RM. use Glint twice and then Ultra. You now have almost first-turn HMG and can give start-with-soul Break to two other people.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It's good if you have both her Chain and another soul break available.

• Options
    6* Glints can only be used once, so no infinite meter shenanigans.

It's still kinda stupid good but not entirely abusable.

• Options
    6* Glints can only be used once, so no infinite meter shenanigans.

It's still kinda stupid good but not entirely abusable.

Right. On the other hand, it’s enough for a soul break on that one use, so it should work fine for stuff like a chain or HMG.

• Options
    I’ll have 50 mythril again today. I need to remind myself that the anniversary banner ain’t worth a second roll on. Not when I have half the relics on it. Even if Elarra Ultra is there.

• Options
    Got enough to make a Belias, managed to pull off one mastery as well. I don't think I'll need another, and thankfully I didn't invest too many more resources into it. I did an extra hone for Ogopogo and Lunar Leviathan, but I didn't need to buy chain waterja or Rydia's BSB2.

On to Phoenix! And also figuring out what BSB to take for the dream select.

• Options
    Mind posting your Belias team? I'm still chainless there.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Mind posting your Belias team? I'm still chainless there.

Sure. (Apologies for phone posting formatting)

Elarra - Curada r4/Dispel, USB1, LM1/2, Ace Striker
    Rydia - Ogopogo r5/Lunar Leviathan R4, USB1, LM1/2, Blood of the Summoner
    Onion Knight - Chain Waterga r4/Voltech r4, mUSB/USB3/AOSB, LM2/LMR, Scholar's Boon
    Tyro - wrath/entrust, USB3/Glint, LM2/LMR, MM
    Edge - Water Veil r5/Steal Power r3, SSB2, LM1/2, DMT

RW: Fabula Raider

Magicite: Octomammoth, Geos, Famfrit, Evrae, Defensive Famfrit

2 +water pieces on Rydia and OK, 1 one Edge

Edge runs Eblan Doppleganger from the start, keeps recasting if anyone uses their last stand. Steal power on turn 2 (not sure if necessary, I just saw someone else do it.), repeat after Belias uses Saber. Spam Water Veil otherwise.

Elarra builds meter with Curada, used USB when heals are needed. Let the regenga do the work unless you take a big hit. Use dispel after Belias casts shell in the latter phase.

Rydia spams Lunar/Ogopogo until meter, casts USB1, repeat. Summons do a stupid amount of damage once you have a couple of mag buffs up and Belias is in Savage mode, so I didn't use a damage rm and took a chance with extra w-cast.

Onion Knight drops RW on turn 1, then spams Voltech. mUSB when meter, continue to spam, USB3 when meter. Repeat process. I usually try to use AOSB when Belias is under a quarter health, but I don't get more than 150k from the cast.

Tyro drops GodWall, wrath, entrust to OK, continues to wrath. Entrust to Elarra if she needs a boost, but keep some meter for recasting GodWall and Glint. When slots 1&5 get berserked, drop Glint ASAP to clear. Meter can be entrusted as needed in the latter half, maybe keep a bar handy to spam glint again for a quick 2k heal.

I brought along Rydia's earth BSB and OK's OSB just in case, but hopefully won't need. I had a few botched runs where I was out of hones and almost done, so I packed them as a just in case. I even brought Tyro's OSB but thankfully never had to use it.

OK probably doesn't need his USB3 or AOSB. With Savage mode up and buffs he's doing good enough damage with mUSB; I just had the other tools and wanted to use them. The chase was only doing about 4k per hit so it wasn't a huge benefit.

Tyro could use USB1 for the Astra to prevent Berserk.....but I always mistime it. So I just used the glint to esuna it away.

I also mained Octomammoth because I wanted Belias to stay in Savage Mode as much as possible. Hindsight, I should have tried a better Magicite there to see if I could do it with Savage being variable. Less damage both ways may have been a more stable run, I dunno.

3 runs were just barely won, all under 60, but they all had a few mistakes that made it hair raising. The one good run where I didn't screw anything up clocked in at 50.65 seconds, everyone lived, and Mastery achieved.

• Options
    Type-0 event is up.

Had some spare gems, so 100-gemmed

Sice USB

....huh. Interesting.

I'm half tempted to pull mostly since there's a new character, but I'm at 3 dupes so probably not.

• Options
    FFT-0 100 gems: A Disco! Sice USB... dupe. Really? Combine it, or just save it to make rainbow shards down the line?

Data for posterity:
    45->0 misses in a row

39/356 lifetime

1/6 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is "just kill yourself" levels of bad RNG. Fuck me forever)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB.

• Options
    Sice U is wonderful. Parting-shot Overstrike is a real fun type of Ultra. And she can dualcast Dive.

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Decided that I don’t care too much about banners until maybe the FF8 event, so I chucked some mythril at the FFIII event.

Came away with Luneth’s Glint and Luneth’s Overstrike. Not too shabby! To put into context, I have his Burst and Arcane, so this makes him a real nice Wind Dragoon. Also, the Overstrike spear is +Wind, so that’s an upgrade over his Burst spear. Hopefully that’s good enough to use for Earth Magicite. At the very least, it’s a reason to try Ahriman again to try and push the health lower.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Decided that I don’t care too much about banners until maybe the FF8 event, so I chucked some mythril at the FFIII event.

Came away with Luneth’s Glint and Luneth’s Overstrike. Not too shabby! To put into context, I have his Burst and Arcane, so this makes him a real nice Wind Dragoon. Also, the Overstrike spear is +Wind, so that’s an upgrade over his Burst spear. Hopefully that’s good enough to use for Earth Magicite. At the very least, it’s a reason to try Ahriman again to try and push the health lower.

Luneth with all his toys is really good - Glint + Arcane is perfectly fine as a replacement for either of his USBs, and you could always let OK take the wind Celerity skills while Luneth takes the Dragoon stuff.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

Luneth with all his toys is really good - Glint + Arcane is perfectly fine as a replacement for either of his USBs, and you could always let OK take the wind Celerity skills while Luneth takes the Dragoon stuff.

Onion or Gau. Either way, Luneth is not a priority for Celerity.

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    The 4th Anniversary fest banners are so ridiculous. Always the chance that they become worse for global but *LOOK* at this nonsense banner:
    Lufaine Sabre	Terra	Awaken: "Chaos Inferno" (BLK: 15x single fire/non; self en-fire, Fire Awaken, overflow 20k, enter Terra Trance)
    Bartz Guise	Bartz	Awaken: "Master Spellblade: Four Lights" (PHY: 15x single fire/water/wind/earth/non; self 4-elem buffs L3, Spellblade Awaken, overflow 20k, chase "Master Barrage")
    Durandal	Cloud	Arcane: "Dark Finishing Touch" (PHY: 3x single dark overflow)
    Cloudy Wolf	Cloud	Ultra: "Black Cherry Blossom" (PHY: 10x single dark/non; self en-dark, heavy charge boost, chase "Darkness Blow")
    Rosa's Guise	Rosa	Ultra: "White Magic Miracle" (WHT: instant party Curaga, regenga, cast speed x3 2)
    Windslash Bow	Faris	Chain: "Eternal Bond" (physical wind 150. No, it's not more than that.)
    Nail Bat	Cloud	Flash: "Mako Abyss" (PHY: 6x single dark/non; self en-dark (stacking))
    Fiend Seal Bow	Rosa	Flash: "Divine Guard" (NAT: party mblink 1 and haste)
    Bartz's Armgrd	Bartz	Flash: "Master Spellblade" (NAT: self SPB cast speed x3 15s and rank boost (SPB))
    Perseus Bow	Faris	Burst: "Landlubber Lambast" (PHY: instant 8x single wind/fire ranged, ATK/DEF-50%)
    Save the Queen	Cloud	LMR: "Farewell to Illusions" (initial: en-wind)
    Grunt Guise	Cloud	LMR: "False Swordsman" (initial: en-dark)
    Master Rod	Terra	LMR: "Knowing Love" (initial: en-fire)
    Selene Bow	Rosa	LMR: "Lovely Noble Scion" (w-cast: WHT)

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    100% they're breaking that banner up. I have zero dupes on it.

• Options
    I've got a couple dupes but I'd still throw all my mythril at it. Cloud and Sephiroth on a dark team is just ridiculous.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Had 100 gems left over and used them on Type 0 because I have so few items there.

Jack BSB. I'll take it. Just wish the minor ice resist was ice boost instead, still don't have enough ice weapons or armor.

This discussion has been closed.