As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Burgerrrrrr I mean [Bad Food] Thread

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Kaplar wrote: »
    V1m wrote: »
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Wife is going to tgifridays(on a wednesday!) and it's making me want trash food.

Well surely there's somewhere that will deliver a munchie box to you?

Unfortunately not.
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Worst beer I've ever had is Walgreen's Big Flats 1901. Its $0.50 a can. It is impossibly bad.

Reminds me of when I was in college and energy drinks were kicking off. One of the worst tastes I can remember. A $.50 can of Steven Seagal energy drink. The thought almost makes me wretch.

Lightning Bolt!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IId64OJdCKM

Uugggggghhhhh :cry:

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I’m ready for Steven Seagal to go away now,

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    BAD FOOD THREAD ALERT

Wawa has brisket sandwiches now.

BAD FOOD THREAD ALERT

Huh.

How is it? I am in THE WAWA ZONE so I go to them a lot.

I'm not sure how this would hold up for them but I am willing to give it a shot.
    It's standard Wawa. It won't knock your socks off, but it's solid.

BBQ sauce overpowers the taste of the meat though.

Sounds good enough to try then!

Just worried it would end up too soggy or something but without that worry I'm in. I also like things that taste extra saucey so that works for me.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    I’m ready for Steven Seagal to go away now,

My thoughts as I dumped the rest down the drain.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tonight is 8th grade open house so I am stuck at work through dinner but can briefly leave to obtain food nearby and bring it back. Where should I go?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    From 11:30am to 2:30pm local time on January 19th, the Taco Bell billboard at 482 Queen St. W., Toronto, Ontario, Canada will be dispensing nacho cheese sauce as part of a promotion for the nacho cheese naked chicken chalupa.

You can bring anything you want to be covered in Taco Bell nacho cheese sauce.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I look forward to the photos of the worst food abominations people can conceive of created with that cheese.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I want to know how it dispenses the cheese. Can I show up and stand under it and be bathed in scalding hot cheese sauce?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Can I smother the billboard in cheese?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Isn’t cordyceps the mushroom that mind controls insects and grows out of their brains?

It's also prominent on the list of things that I will never knowingly allow into my body for any reason.

Oddly.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »
    From 11:30am to 2:30pm local time on January 19th, the Taco Bell billboard at 482 Queen St. W., Toronto, Ontario, Canada will be dispensing nacho cheese sauce as part of a promotion for the nacho cheese naked chicken chalupa.

>use bucket

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Health concerns noted, and why the fuck are you going to a fast food place if you're worried about your health, it's low key rad that vegan people can go into a Carls Jr. and order a sandwich. I've got some vegans in my life and it isn't easy, and yes it's a choice they made and blah blah blah judgment, but still.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    On the subject of Fast Food and Health Concerns, looking through the Taco Bell website (because I wanted to find new and exciting ways to poison myself with pseudo-Mexican food) and I saw this icon pop up on their menu page.
    ea7znbb6c4lg.jpg
    That's a warning that this item has a lot of sodium in it.

And I found myself wondering: how bad is it when even Taco Bell is like "Hey, buddy? You sure about this?".

• Options
    It means add salt. Shutup. It does.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

"Hi, this is Crystal..."

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I'm trying the Carl's Jr. Beyond Meat burger right now and it looks and mostly tastes exactly like a fast food beef burger. I say mostly tastes because the aftertaste is sliiiightly different from beef, but not enough that I'd probably notice in a blind taste test. Chews the same too, especially with all the burger fixin's. The only thing that's off a hair is the smell, although that's masked by the char to some extent and you can only really smell the difference if you get your nose right up in it.

I guess all that coconut oil is for good!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I've been getting a hankering to try making my own burgers soon, mostly because i've been watching babish videos

use some of my pickles and whatnot, maybe make some more onion relish to go under the cheese as it gets melted onto the patty, make some more of the mayo/bbq/sweet relish sauce

it'd be pretty nice. I'm thinking of getting some beef mince and pork mince and mixing them together for the patties, just to try it, and because those two are available at the chinese butcher next to a local grocer

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I'm trying the Carl's Jr. Beyond Meat burger right now and it looks and mostly tastes exactly like a fast food beef burger. I say mostly tastes because the aftertaste is sliiiightly different from beef, but not enough that I'd probably notice in a blind taste test. Chews the same too, especially with all the burger fixin's. The only thing that's off a hair is the smell, although that's masked by the char to some extent and you can only really smell the difference if you get your nose right up in it.

Carl's Jr and Hardee's are the same place, more or less, except that Hardee's doesn't seem to have this burger, which I would absolutely like to try. I'm excited for lab grown meat to become the norm at some point in the future space communism that I desire.

In other bad food news, I made a big batch of really crappy garam masala chicken and veggies for lunches this week, it's gonna be terrible. I made coconut curry chicken and veggies a couple of weeks ago and turned out okay except I let the veggies cook while the sauce simmered down so it was food paste by the end, but that tasted real solid and this seems to just not be thick enough, but I ran out of coconut cream so there was nothing to be done.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    I've been getting a hankering to try making my own burgers soon, mostly because i've been watching babish videos

use some of my pickles and whatnot, maybe make some more onion relish to go under the cheese as it gets melted onto the patty, make some more of the mayo/bbq/sweet relish sauce

it'd be pretty nice. I'm thinking of getting some beef mince and pork mince and mixing them together for the patties, just to try it, and because those two are available at the chinese butcher next to a local grocer

Now I want to do this.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Cool so you're inviting me over, right?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    hell yeah

i've also got some jalapeño looking chilies from my mum's garden that i pickled a while back, and they'd be pretty good to add as well

still gonna keep it pretty simple, but pickles are always nice

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Cool so you're inviting me over, right?

I DID, YOU FLAKED REMEMBER?

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

I've also had the beyond meat burger (at a british burger place called Honest burger).

It's just as good as any burger you can buy from a supermarket to eat at home. As in I would move over to it and keep real meat burgs for when I eat burgs at a nice burg place

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

Carl's Jr and Hardee's are the same place, more or less, except that Hardee's doesn't seem to have this burger, which I would absolutely like to try. I'm excited for lab grown meat to become the norm at some point in the future space communism that I desire.

In other bad food news, I made a big batch of really crappy garam masala chicken and veggies for lunches this week, it's gonna be terrible. I made coconut curry chicken and veggies a couple of weeks ago and turned out okay except I let the veggies cook while the sauce simmered down so it was food paste by the end, but that tasted real solid and this seems to just not be thick enough, but I ran out of coconut cream so there was nothing to be done.

Yoghurt would have and could still work fine for this

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I wanna try a beyond burger. I really like the impossible patty but they dont sell at retail yet.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I want Popeyes :(

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Popeyes biscuits cut up with your fork and scooped up in the same mouthful as their red beans is so good. Buttery and crunchy and then the creamy savory beans. Mmmm

• Options
    Karl wrote: »

I've also had the beyond meat burger (at a british burger place called Honest burger).

It's just as good as any burger you can buy from a supermarket to eat at home. As in I would move over to it and keep real meat burgs for when I eat burgs at a nice burg place

I think the Beyond Meat patty works best in a fast food setting, it's a very uniform patty and doesn't quite taste like a ground beef burger I'd make at home, but neither do other fast food burgers. It falls perfectly into line with the uniformity you see in like a Whopper or McDonald's quarter pounder patty.

I've tried the Impossible Burger once at Umami Burger and that was a real contender for indiscernible from real ground beef. And I'm pretty sure they've refined their recipe since I tried that burger.

Also god I already miss Popeye's spicy chicken why did I ever decide to eat vegetarian fml

• Options

Popeyes biscuits cut up with your fork and scooped up in the same mouthful as their red beans is so good. Buttery and crunchy and then the creamy savory beans. Mmmm

They got nothing on Red Lobster's chedder bay biscuits.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

That may be! But I like other stuff at Popeyes too. Red lobster never did it for me. Everything always tasted frozen and reheated and as someone with ready access to fresh seafood, the difference just doesn't work for me

• Options

That may be! But I like other stuff at Popeyes too. Red lobster never did it for me. Everything always tasted frozen and reheated and as someone with ready access to fresh seafood, the difference just doesn't work for me
    Ah, that would be the difference then.
    Being a Colorado person, fresh seafood tends to be a bit more than I like to spend on food. But, the Red Lobster lunch menu is more in my price range. Especially since it comes with unlimited biscuits.

• Options

Ah, that would be the difference then.
    Being a Colorado person, fresh seafood tends to be a bit more than I like to spend on food. But, the Red Lobster lunch menu is more in my price range. Especially since it comes with unlimited biscuits.

Totally fair!
    There's a place in town that makes their own awesome biscuits and has fresh crab crab cakes and poached eggs and a spicy crawfish cream sauce on top and it is HEAVEN and if anyone is ever in baton rouge let me know and I'll point you in the right direction

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Dear bad food thread,

I had cookies for lunch!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I had a small bowl full of brown rice, a bit of sour cream, and some harissa

.... I'm trying to clean out my fridge

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I had a small bowl full of brown rice, a bit of sour cream, and some harissa

.... I'm trying to clean out my fridge

Sometimes you find some really good combos that way! I mixed some day old rice with spinach and canned tuna and feta and spinach and steamed broccoli and italian dressing and it was very tasty.

This discussion has been closed.