As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I
    adore
    Almas' kick feint into a spinning back elbow.

That tag match was really good

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    They got a dog.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    They got a dog.

"Next time, on Total Divas..."

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I get that he’s doing heel stuff but this still extremely sucks

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I know this is jumping way ahead but if AEW can lead to actual pressure on WWE to take better care of their talent Cody will be a hero on the level of literally anyone in the industry.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    DwbKDcOWsAAh2Iq.jpg:small

That man knows how to don a look of hate.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    can he be the new Wolverine

• Options
    I haven't been watching 205 Live but jeeeeeeeeeesus christ

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jesus christ.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    the return of wresting to turner broadcasting

Here we are, almost 20 years from the death of WCW, and we might have a Mcmahan backed wrestling company, and a Rhodes lead company, duking it out again.

• Options
    As if the Falcon Arrow needed to be made more dangerous!

• Options
    never die wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    the return of wresting to turner broadcasting

Here we are, almost 20 years from the death of WCW, and we might have a Mcmahan backed wrestling company, and a Rhodes lead company, duking it out again.

Billionaire Ted is back baby, this is real long-term booking

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Fill my void, Daniel.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Fill my void, Daniel.

Phrasing.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    As if the Falcon Arrow needed to be made more dangerous!

Nobody kicks out of the Falcon Arrow!

• Options
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WWE trademarked a new PPV name: Worlds Collide

I'm gonna guess this is the inevitable WWE vs. NXT show that was going to happen at some point

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I wonder what the theme song for that show will be.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I wonder what the theme song for that show will be.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i’m ready to go

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    i’m ready to go
    I am also ready to go

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh wow, I looked, and she's also the artist who did this:

But it's super awesome that KO said that. He's also correct.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    DwiXcMaX0AEe74G.jpg:small

PAC looking a bit fat there.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Everybody looks fat in contrast to the windy man, the long mover, Zack Sabre Jr.

Also it's very nice of ZSJ to give the rub to this young boy who is trying to make a name for himself.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Tony Khan apparently said in an interview that they plan to treat full-time AEW talent as employees, including health insurance. That's kind of a big deal.

Well, specifically the talent working full-time office jobs.
    Some of the people working with us are still independent contractors. And what I am doing is a lot of people are doing full-time office jobs. The people doing full-time office jobs have similar benefits to other sports executives and I have a lot of sports executives that are currently working with us here in Florida at the Jaguars, so what I've said is 'Okay, well you're sports executives so I can set you up with healthcare packages.' But at the end of the day a lot of people are doing office jobs, so a lot of wrestlers are gonna end up with healthcare out of this.

So I guess a lot will depend on how much talent end up being "all in" beyond just wrestling. Bucks said something similar:
    The executives are gonna have benefits and stuff. They're gonna get taken care of. We're in the day one process of that and we're still working on it. But that's the plan.

Executives being, right now I believe, Cody, Brandi and the Bucks. While they said that talent might get benefits one day, "never say never".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options

Think I mentioned it previously but it might have been elsewhere, talk for a while has been Turner's TBS and TNT are one of the deals they've been in deep discussion with

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    hurry up with AEW so I can forget about WWE

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Tony Khan apparently said in an interview that they plan to treat full-time AEW talent as employees, including health insurance. That's kind of a big deal.

Well, specifically the talent working full-time office jobs.
    Some of the people working with us are still independent contractors. And what I am doing is a lot of people are doing full-time office jobs. The people doing full-time office jobs have similar benefits to other sports executives and I have a lot of sports executives that are currently working with us here in Florida at the Jaguars, so what I've said is 'Okay, well you're sports executives so I can set you up with healthcare packages.' But at the end of the day a lot of people are doing office jobs, so a lot of wrestlers are gonna end up with healthcare out of this.

So I guess a lot will depend on how much talent end up being "all in" beyond just wrestling. Bucks said something similar:
    The executives are gonna have benefits and stuff. They're gonna get taken care of. We're in the day one process of that and we're still working on it. But that's the plan.

Executives being, right now I believe, Cody, Brandi and the Bucks. While they said that talent might get benefits one day, "never say never".

Thats lame, compared to what was being said yesterday.

• Options
    That’s the thing I was most excited about with AEW, it’s something that really could have changed the thinking of a lot of wrestling and been leverage in other places. The fact that it’s just for the wrestlers doing office work (aka the people who founded it rn) is a huge disappointment.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    That was actually what was said yesterday.

Headlines tend to skimp over the details, as hard as that can be to believe. Oh, not hard at all?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Yeah I hope AEW works out and is great for the talent but so much of it was OH WE HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE AND FULL TIME JOBS AND THE STREETS ARE PAVED WITH GOLD with no real details given, so I am not surprised to see this shoe drop

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Also, they'll probably look to move people into office positions as much as makes sense, I'm guessing. Probably mostly the top level guys, granted (Kenny will probably get benefits, I'm thinking), but I mean, look at the old ECW, practically everyone was doing something backstage.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    I mean that happened with ECW because Paul was shit at doing a lot of stuff so they had to step in and none of them were getting paid extra or paid at all.

I’m just worried that the office will just be The Elite and everyone else will be independent contractors which sucks just as much as when WWE does that.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'm curious, do injuries in the ring get covered by workman's comp? Because if so, their health insurance company should take that into account when offering plans.

I can see a health insurance company looking at AEW and going, "Yeah, if you add your wrestlers, the premiums will go up big time." But if it's explained that your wc insurance would be liable for that instead, they'd maybe soften up on that.

Twitch: Thawmus83
This discussion has been closed.