As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Voidship & God Eater 3 out today!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Is it a game about a Nintendo employee?

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I don't know how to feel about Catherine on Steam being the "old" version, when the enhanced one with a new character, story etc drops in a month

True, but it is only $20.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I don't know how to feel about Catherine on Steam being the "old" version, when the enhanced one with a new character, story etc drops in a month

True, but it is only $20.

for an 8 year old game. And the release coinciding with the newer version feels like an extra cash grab with minimum effort. Eh. Eh, I say!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Is it a game about a Nintendo employee?

No no no, you're thinking of The Uncle Who Works For Nintendo

I prefer My Father's Long, Long Legs, personally, but it's very good

Straightzi on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    AFAIK Catherine: Full Body isn't even out in Japan yet and doesn't have a western release date other than "we're pretty sure it's coming out here" and a PC release hasn't been announced at all for any region.
    This is weird but makes more sense in that context, I suppose.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Another free game. Looks like a Bomberman clone.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/649190/Blast_Zone_Tournament/
    Get it right now and keep it forever.

HiT BiT on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

maybe they're not all getting fired?

or maybe they're not... ALL getting fired

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Sorry what is the context for these tweets?

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Was destiny 2 that much of a flop?

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    That guy is being pretty irresponsible in how he spreads that Not News Yet.

Jason Schreier is a journalist, presumably he's getting messages from contacts in Bungie that something is happening. Has the atmosphere of a studio closure but maybe "good news" is actually good news.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Destiny coming to Steam etc I bet

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Microsoft is buying them to get them back on halo.

Tune in for more baseless conjecture from Karl

alright, that's better than a studio closure. I bet that was initiated by Actiblizzard, they seem like they're tightening their belts there currently.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Yeah, good move for Bungie for sure

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    can activision announce they are imploding next?

hope springs eternal

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Now can Blizzard get themselves back out?

What's wrong with Activision?

edited January 2019
    Brolo wrote: »
    Now can Blizzard get themselves back out?

I don't think Blizzard exists as a distinct company. Above the studio staff level there is only Activision-Blizzard.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I should be able to wrap up West of Loathing today. Its short but thats ok! I haven't played a game to completion in awhile so I wanted to do that. My Cow Puncher is gonna punch a necromancer real hard.

How many spittoons have you searched??

Every single one.

Who doesn't want free (gross) shit?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

they've pulled some early 2000s level EA level greedy bullshit in the past couple years, and the proliferation of loot boxes/mundane grindiness of blizzard games in the last few years can be placed pretty squarely at activisions feet

PiptheFair wrote: »

they've pulled some early 2000s level EA level greedy bullshit in the past couple years, and the proliferation of loot boxes/mundane grindiness of blizzard games in the last few years can be placed pretty squarely at activisions feet

It's convenient to use the non-Blizzard half of the company as a scapegoat but is there any evidence that's how it happened?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I hope this works out for Bungie; what I played of Destiny 2 I generally enjoyed (until the grind sucked all the fun out of the game)

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    My from the hip, possibly outdated opinion on this is that it's bad for Activision because their stock was historically flat due to their overreliance on a few core IPs. I have no idea if this is out of date though, I haven't been following them.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Bungie gets bought by Take-two interactive who hold the rights to the Myth series. Bungie makes Myth 4.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    I hear Bungie was invested into recently by Netease, so that's probably where their funding is coming from now.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I should be able to wrap up West of Loathing today. Its short but thats ok! I haven't played a game to completion in awhile so I wanted to do that. My Cow Puncher is gonna punch a necromancer real hard.

How many spittoons have you searched??

Every single one.

Who doesn't want free (gross) shit?

Disgusting.
    Me too

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Curious if Xbox is gonna whip out the new checkbook they got. It'd be weird to see Bungie go back to MS, but if Obsidian is okay with it, who knows.

Edit: For the marketing stuff. Bungie probably isn't in the mood to get bought for the forseeable future.

Undead Scottsman on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Doobh wrote: »
    I soured a bit on Catherine in hindsight (if you played it, you can probably guess why), but it's otherwise a pretty well-regarded game

Yeah I want to hear exactly how the new additions work, and if certain parts of the story have been re-worked at all before recommending it to anyone.

Because while the puzzles were cool and the story was, in a lot of ways, very cool, the stuff that was (in hindsight) not cool was very not cool.

DarkPrimus on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Doobh wrote: »
    I soured a bit on Catherine in hindsight (if you played it, you can probably guess why), but it's otherwise a pretty well-regarded game

Yeah I want to hear exactly how the new additions work, and if certain parts of the story have been re-worked at all before recommending it to anyone.

Because while the puzzles were cool and the story was, in a lot of ways, very cool, the stuff that was (in hindsight) not cool was very not cool.

probably one of nicest, sweetest people I met online recommended this game to me because of its trans representation

which goes to show you how easy it is to overlook common bigotries, no matter how aware you are of them (I don't hold it against him, or anything, there was literally zero malice - he just had a bad impression)

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Do i still get to keep my free pc copy of Destiny 2 I got via the blizz launcher? Not that I've played D2 since i burned out on the PS4 version, but curious.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2019
    yes, they're keeping the game on the battle.net launcher and store

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited January 2019
    PiptheFair wrote: »

It's convenient to use the non-Blizzard half of the company as a scapegoat but is there any evidence that's how it happened?

There's been a good article about it on Kotaku afair, written by Schreier

e: there it is

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-and-future-of-diablo-1830593195

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I get the bad feeling they're going to start squeezing the Overwatch team for more money to try to make up for it. I mean I guess should stop playing so much Overwatch anyway, but still

This discussion has been closed.