As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Shame that Just Cause 3 still has issues running on Xbox One X (or for that matter, Intel i9s in the +$500 range).

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Anyone else having issues with Crunchyroll?

Been broken and unusable for the last 2 days.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    https://na.finalfantasy.com/news/982

'SQUARE ENIX® announced that soon players of the Nintendo Switch™ system and Xbox One can experience the highly acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® titles, FINAL FANTASY X / X-2 HD Remaster and FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE™ this April. On April 16th, FINAL FANTASY X / X-2 HD Remaster will be releasing. On April 30th, FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE will be releasing.'

Sirialis wrote: »

Weird--I used it over the weekend, ought to check again when I get home.
    Nosf wrote: »

'SQUARE ENIX® announced that soon players of the Nintendo Switch™ system and Xbox One can experience the highly acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® titles, FINAL FANTASY X / X-2 HD Remaster and FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE™ this April. On April 16th, FINAL FANTASY X / X-2 HD Remaster will be releasing. On April 30th, FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE will be releasing.'

Doh! Why'd I buy it on Steam again? Well, on the bright side, I was never going to finish it on Steam.

Synthesis wrote: »

The problem is that as soon as you press any button in the menu, every option disappears, search, history and queue are all completely empty.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

The problem is that as soon as you press any button in the menu, every option disappears, search, history and queue are all completely empty.

That happens on and off for me and it’s a per user thing as far as I can tell. The real problem is that the app is hot garbage from the planet trash fire. Never had it happen for more then a few hours though

EspantaPajaro on
    edited January 2019
    Since 2 days ago, their forum has been flooded with reports of this exact bug on all consoles, doesnt seem like its a user thing at all.

Even if it had been a user issue, it could only happen since their app is terrible trash.

Are there any decent alternatives to Crunchyroll? Their support is practically non existant and their app feels like its from the middle ages.

Sirialis on
    Yeah...I've had my share of problems with the Crunchy Roll app, but that sounds like a new one. For me, problems are overwhelmingly "Can't connect, or fails to connect after starting up."

Still sucks though.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

I'm really damn excited about this. It's been forever since I played X and I never did get to X-2 or XII.

Carpy on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Bungie and Activision just split, with Bungie taking the Destiny IP. Curious if this means the end of the marketing deal with Sony.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Bungie and Activision just split, with Bungie taking the Destiny IP. Curious if this means the end of the marketing deal with Sony.

I doubt it, I thought bungie got hard cash from sony not related to activision.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    That's what I thought, but I have no idea. It's probably just bad luck, but Sony put a lot of money behind brand promotion and certain exclusive content for both Destiny and Call of Duty...just in time for those franchises to repeated shoot themselves in the feet, over and over. It was probably worth it, but still, bad luck.

Oh, and Battlefront, because why not. At least Call of Duty did better than that.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

No, Activision handled the exclusivity deal. It's the same deal they have for the CoD franchise.

No, Activision handled the exclusivity deal. It's the same deal they have for the CoD franchise.

Well that's a positive, too bad its d2's bungie and not d1 when I had hope for the franchise.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Well that's a positive, too bad its d2's bungie and not d1 when I had hope for the franchise.

Yeah... not really feeling much will change there seeing as everything from Activision's oversight seemed to amount to "ANNUAL RELEASES." With the rest being Bungie.

Also according to the Kotaku article that everything seems to be aggregating back to aside from their post, they were partnered with and working on a game for NetEase (a Chinese mobile game publisher) and had been given $100 to that end.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Oh man now I wonder if Microsoft calls up Bungie "hey buddy saw you broke up with activision..." I doubt it severely, but depending on where Bungie is it wouldn't be outside the question I guess?

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Oh man now I wonder if Microsoft calls up Bungie "hey buddy saw you broke up with activision..." I doubt it severely, but depending on where Bungie is it wouldn't be outside the question I guess?

"What would you say to us pouring a bunch of money into a game with mixed reviews so we can get some exclusive content?"

"Well, it's funny you should mention that, I think a furnace just opened up right...over....here."

edited January 2019

"What would you say to us pouring a bunch of money into a game with mixed reviews so we can get some exclusive content?"

"Well, it's funny you should mention that, I think a furnace just opened up right...over....here."

I mean, Microsoft bought Undead Labs and Compulsion, so mixed review games aren't exactly outside of their wheelhouse.

Undead Scottsman on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Seeing as people people were said to cheer when they left Microsoft and Luke Smith or whoever referred to working under Microsoft as "sharecropping" at one point, I doubt that would happen.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Not sure how to embed tweets but Larry Hyrb did just retweet the Bungie split announcement with some nice words about “look forward to working with you on future projects!”

Also some new BC titles today. Battlestations Pacific, FUEL, the first Rayman game.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Not sure how to embed tweets but Larry Hyrb did just retweet the Bungie split announcement with some nice words about “look forward to working with you on future projects!”

Also some new BC titles today. Battlestations Pacific, FUEL, the first Rayman game.

Well probably now they won't be fucking xbox on exclusivity.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Phil Spencer is just doing his nice guy executive thing. Like whenever he congratulates Sony on a new hit game. I wouldn't read to much into it.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular

Seeing as people people were said to cheer when they left Microsoft and Luke Smith or whoever referred to working under Microsoft as "sharecropping" at one point, I doubt that would happen.

Luke Smith was (probably still is, but that was a while ago) famously big-mouthed, I wouldn't read too much into that.

Xbox has almost gone through two whole regime changes since Bungie left (Technically Peter Moore left the company a few months before Bungie did.)

It's a different company compared to the one that Bungie left 11 years ago.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Phil Spencer is just doing his nice guy executive thing. Like whenever he congratulates Sony on a new hit game. I wouldn't read to much into it.

Yeah I know, but I think you can remove the executive thing because I think Phil is usually pretty genuine, (or maybe he's just that good)

It's just cool to see, I think

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Carpy wrote: »

I'm really damn excited about this. It's been forever since I played X and I never did get to X-2 or XII.

The Dressphere is civilization.

And I spent so much time in XII nesting if->then gambits that I could have used it as the basis of a highly acclaimed lecture series on Boolean algebra.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai

I mean, Microsoft bought Undead Labs and Compulsion, so mixed review games aren't exactly outside of their wheelhouse.

And Ninja Theory.

The point was more the financial cost that Bungie would come with.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

And Ninja Theory.

The point was more the financial cost that Bungie would come with.

Right, all of Microsoft's purchases were small and mid-sized studios. Bungie's one of the biggest out there, and the Bungie/Activision deal was famous for how much cash it was expected to burn through.

Plus Bungie recently got a $100 million investment with Netease, so they'd probably go with them if anything.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    I'm not even sure how large Bungie is--famously, in Microsoft's time they occupied the strange space of "surprisingly small developer attached to massive titles." Of course, you had four major Halo titles, and after that, two Destiny releases that basically amounted to shoveling money into a pit. Plus the industry has grown towards the extremes in the last 15 years.

They're damn bigger than Microsoft's acquisitions, that much seems clear.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I'm not even sure how large Bungie is--famously, in Microsoft's time they occupied the strange space of "surprisingly small developer attached to massive titles." Of course, you had four major Halo titles, and after that, two Destiny releases that basically amounted to shoveling money into a pit. Plus the industry has grown towards the extremes in the last 15 years.

As of 2016 they had 750 employees.

So yeah, for a single studio that's really big, even by today's standards. For context Bioware is at 800.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

So yeah, for a single studio that's really big, even by today's standards. For context Bioware is at 800.
    I remember there was that one talk that designer from Bungie gave on asset systems and scalability in Destiny 1 where at the start of the talk they had everyone one raise their hand, and then lower their hand if they didn't work on a team with more than 5 people, then more than 10 people, then more than 20 people, then 50, then 100, then 200, 300, and finally 400. To the remaining who still had their hands up, "thank you Bungie people, you can put your hands down."

cloudeagle wrote: »

Lots of things have happened in the last 3 years, I'd be surprised if they had that many people anymore.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Also isn't BioWare a group of smaller studios distributed over a number of different sites these days? As opposed to one singular studio

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    My xbox is stuck at the green xbox screen. Awesome , totally wanted to do a factory reset today. Totally.

RickRude wrote: »
    My xbox is stuck at the green xbox screen. Awesome , totally wanted to do a factory reset today. Totally.

Damn, man. It seems obviously, but did you try holding the power button down?

RickRude wrote: »

Damn, man. It seems obviously, but did you try holding the power button down?

Ya tried all of that. Left it booting while I went out for dinner aND at least factor reset it built in now if it takes forever booting. And it no longer deletes everything. Had to relog into everything but wasn't as bad as it was.last time using a USB stick and wiping everything.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Started the first Hitman today, I only finished the first practice/test missions, but had a story question since I have only played blood money previously:
    So is this a complete reboot where he’s joining the organization, or a follow up with him joining a new organization and not remembering his past? His comment about thinking his name was 47 and the opening song/montage after the second test mission makes me think it’s the later, but just wanted to make sure.

Let me know if there’s no way to answer that without it being a spoiler for later in the story.

Anyone do the re2 demo a second time? Do you only need a basic silver account?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Started the first Hitman today, I only finished the first practice/test missions, but had a story question since I have only played blood money previously:
    So is this a complete reboot where he’s joining the organization, or a follow up with him joining a new organization and not remembering his past? His comment about thinking his name was 47 and the opening song/montage after the second test mission makes me think it’s the later, but just wanted to make sure.

Let me know if there’s no way to answer that without it being a spoiler for later in the story.
    The tutorial and intro cutscenes are his introduction and training in the ICA in the past. Everything else happens some nebulous time after, in the year 2019.