As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Awesome Games Done Quick 2024: IT’S OVER

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    wandering wrote: »
    I just saw a host walk out but missed why. What happen!
    They tried to get him to dab. It was a bit. :P

Edit - BTW he did the right thing, he maintained his pride and didn't cave to peer pressure. Nobody should dab ever.

Henroid on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

it was just a joke. the script called for him to end the segment with a dab and he 'refused'.

there's an incentive to choose the file name in the Klonoa: Door to Phantomile run and the current (joint)lead is ORB! :lol:

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Edit - BTW he did the right thing, he maintained his pride and didn't cave to peer pressure. Nobody should dab ever.

“DAB!”

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    [PAUSA intensifies]

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The runner has a "Pausa" emote on his Twitch channel by the way, and I fucking approve so hard.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Orb is a good meme

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Well now I know what one of Kungfu Fruitcup's tweets was about a bit ago. Flat tires suck indeed.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Time to get comfy, this'll be a great 5+ hours

steam_sig.png
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    $900K Hype!

76561197966849367.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

I see other children at my kids' school T posing.

I am ok with the Dab.

unfortunate end to the Divinity: Original Sin 2 run there. only in speedrunning can quick saving kill your run.

oh and $1,000,000 HYPE!!!!

That million dollar pop would've happened during the Divinity run if it didn't come to an unfortunate end. It happens though, the guy shouldn't feel too bad. He's certainly not the first person to have to end a run in that manner.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    That million dollar pop would've happened during the Divinity run if it didn't come to an unfortunate end. It happens though, the guy shouldn't feel too bad. He's certainly not the first person to have to end a run in that manner.

The good part is it was a neat run up until it’s unfortunate end.

the 'Save/Kill the Animals' bid war just opened up and it's already at $3,290, Save leading with $2,445. expect those numbers to change up fast going forward.

Wraith260 wrote: »
    the 'Save/Kill the Animals' bid war just opened up and it's already at $3,290, Save leading with $2,445. expect those numbers to change up fast going forward.
    I think we can spare some frames after Virtual Hydlide.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Just a couple of guys in a boat... with guns!

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

As much as I enjoy the Save/Kill banter, with Yetee and other big names weighing in, it basically doesn't matter how things play out early on, there's precedent that some big name will put their thumb on the scale to keep it close until the very end.

Not to be too jaded here or anything, I know it's just a fun bit during a charity marathon, but it's hard to worry about the totals when one could jump 8k right now, and a 10k donation would probably land shortly thereafter to keep things interesting (but at the same time removing any real agency present until the very end when the final tally has to be declared).

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

As much as I enjoy the Save/Kill banter, with Yetee and other big names weighing in, it basically doesn't matter how things play out early on, there's precedent that some big name will put their thumb on the scale to keep it close until the very end.

Not to be too jaded here or anything, I know it's just a fun bit during a charity marathon, but it's hard to worry about the totals when one could jump 8k right now, and a 10k donation would probably land shortly thereafter to keep things interesting (but at the same time removing any real agency present until the very end when the final tally has to be declared).

I think Yetee has said it won't use it's donations for save/kill anymore after people complained about it. I say it's not about that at all it's about charity, but I respect their decision.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »

I think Yetee has said it won't use it's donations for save/kill anymore after people complained about it. I say it's not about that at all it's about charity, but I respect their decision.

I hadn't heard that, good to know.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    yeah i really just consider the 'Save/Kill' incentive to be a bit of fun, but Super Metroid is closing out this years marathon so the cut off point should come when hype is at its highest. will hopefully give an extra boost in that home stretch.

getting set up for the Final Fantasy IV Free Enterprise race. am really curious about this one.

yeah i really just consider the 'Save/Kill' incentive to be a bit of fun, but Super Metroid is closing out this years marathon so the cut off point should come when hype is at its highest. will hopefully give an extra boost in that home stretch.
    I'm honestly hoping that they have another finale game setup as a bonus incentive.

I'm honestly hoping that they have another finale game setup as a bonus incentive.

i'd be very surprised if they had anything like that planned. there just doesn't seem to be room in the schedule for it.

thought the tech issues at the start of the FFIV run was gonna require a restart. was only a few minutes but still not something you want to see happen. thankfully they were able to get things running smoothly so everyone could jump straight back in.

and the final Setup Block incentive is live. $250K to unlock an Any% run of Bloodborne.

thought the tech issues at the start of the FFIV run was gonna require a restart. was only a few minutes but still not something you want to see happen. thankfully they were able to get things running smoothly so everyone could jump straight back in.

and the final Setup Block incentive is live. $250K to unlock an Any% run of Bloodborne.

Any% could be interesting, because of major glitches or skips. But could it truly compare to Hey Zeus Here’s Toast’s all-bosses run? That run had the best ladders in the business.

Enlong wrote: »

Any% could be interesting, because of major glitches or skips. But could it truly compare to Hey Zeus Here’s Toast’s all-bosses run? That run had the best ladders in the business.

well its HeyZues running it so we'll just have to hope the incentive is met so we can see how they incorporate ladders into the run.

This FF4 FE thing is both intense and confusing, but impressive.

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    This FF4 FE thing is both intense and confusing, but impressive.

This is one of the nuttier seeds too, which makes it great for showcasing.

I don't know FF4 very well so this whole race is lost on me in concept. I don't understand how you progression lock with specific items in a jRPG when you can access everywhere. Zelda randomizers I get; you need a hammer to hammer shit. What is progressed lock by Cecil becoming a Paladin in that same way?

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I don't know FF4 very well so this whole race is lost on me in concept. I don't understand how you progression lock with specific items in a jRPG when you can access everywhere. Zelda randomizers I get; you need a hammer to hammer shit. What is progressed lock by Cecil becoming a Paladin in that same way?

Not everything is immediately accessible. There are progression locks but that's not one of them.

One of the big ones is access to the underworld: You either need to find the magma key to open up a hole you can fly the airship through, or you need the hook to access the cave that lets you walk into the underworld.

KILL THE ANIMALS

I know FF4 like the back of my hand but it still confused me sometimes.

It seems like there are some special rules in place.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

Not everything is immediately accessible. There are progression locks but that's not one of them.

One of the big ones is access to the underworld: You either need to find the magma key to open up a hole you can fly the airship through, or you need the hook to access the cave that lets you walk into the underworld.

This. You also need the Crystal (no element) to actually beat Zeromus at the end. Without it, you're stuck at his first form, which doesn't attack, and can't be hurt by anything.

Most of the game's other key items aren't required for progression, such as the Earth Crystal, TwinHarp, the Tails, or the SandRuby are not necessary to progress, they're just extra items to try to get new characters in your party or other key items. Like, you might get the TwinHarp to beat DarkElf, and normally you get the Earth Crystal from him, but depending on how your game was randomly seeded, you could end up getting the MagmaKey from DarkElf instead.

It's variable, but there's only like, 15 key items in the game, and you only need to find either the Pass (an optional item to open a shortcut to Zeromus in Toroia) or the Dark Crystal to get the Big Whale, and the *Crystal to change Zeromus to his killable form.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

not sure if TAS Bot donates to kill the animals cause its faster or because it holds a grudge against all organic life...

I'm not feeling this TASbot thing so far. Whenever they do custom ROM hacks I'm just like... lost. Like okay it zips fast but how is that special?

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    SGDQ's Celeste TASBot was much better, yeah.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    I mean whenever a game is something we know through frequent and/or recent GDQ appearances that's when TASbot works. But introducing a game with TASbot is a bit of a miscalculation.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    TASbot playing Aria of Sorrow seems like it should suit your tastes?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Handheld-era Castlevanias have such great spritework.