As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Join us in thread and [Steam] group chat!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I got an email from Steam today that read "Uninitialized is now available on Steam!"

What the hell is Uninitialized?, I thought. I have no memory of a game called Uninitialized. But I was about to go on the road, so I could only think about it.

I opened the email and got my answer:
    nkzhdnrl1nui.png

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Don't sleep on Catherine multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCUT7Jrr6dE

Come for the sheep, stay for the salt.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I have absolutely no idea what is going on in that multi lol. But the blue player is named Koopa and I find that strangely coincidental.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I have absolutely no idea what is going on in that multi lol. But the blue player is named Koopa and I find that strangely coincidental.

Win by reaching the top or knocking the other down. The rest is all in the details. It's the most accessible fighting game ever made.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Isn't the Catherine multiplayer local only? I know it was local only in the console versions.

Also:

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Had a successful gaming outing today though I do need to make a tweak and have people gather in the PA FNG Steam chat starting around 3:30 pm PST so that we can hash out which game we are playing.

Tonight it was 4 player Monaco and much smooth thieving was had--as other thieves died/ran screaming away from the guards.

Thanks to @Blackhawk1313 @Qanamil and @destroyah87 for being partners in crime this night and having many a good heist.
    Karoz wrote: »
    Hi all, just a reminder that today, tomorrow and Saturday at 4 pm PST I'll be holding Friday Night Gaming sessions for an hour each (possible to go longer since I have the free time).

Friday Night Gaming Steam Group--we'll gather in the group chat there as time approaches.

Games this Week (as according to the poll)
    Magicka 1/Magicka 2
    Terraria
    Castle Crasher
    Torchlight 2
    Monaco

F2P Options:
    Warframe
    SCP: Secret Labratory

Games are subject to whims of players who show up and nothing is set in stone.

I hope to continue this through my school semester, but I'll see. Classes come first after all.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    ‘Twas a grand thieving time, thanks for organizing it, looking forward to more!

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Isn't the Catherine multiplayer local only? I know it was local only in the console versions.

Also:

I actually know a fan translation hacker who's involved in the coding and he's over the moon about this.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    .....is this a good thing or a bad thing?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Actually bad, like if your favorite musician started performing a song you wrote and played at an open mic.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    https://kotaku.com/fortnite-maker-gets-f-in-customer-service-from-bbb-1831626910
    Epic might be swimming in a pool of money thanks to the success of Fortnite and the debut of its exclusive-gobbling Steam competitor, but it’s also—to hear the Better Business Bureau tell it—in hot water with its own customers.

Today, the Better Business Bureau announced that it’s awarded Epic with an F, its lowest grade possible, citing 247 “unanswered customer complaints” on its website.

Well that's not a good sign.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    https://kotaku.com/fortnite-maker-gets-f-in-customer-service-from-bbb-1831626910
    Epic might be swimming in a pool of money thanks to the success of Fortnite and the debut of its exclusive-gobbling Steam competitor, but it’s also—to hear the Better Business Bureau tell it—in hot water with its own customers.

Today, the Better Business Bureau announced that it’s awarded Epic with an F, its lowest grade possible, citing 247 “unanswered customer complaints” on its website.

They're in good company. :)

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Meanwhile, and I just checked this, Ubisoft has an A+, EA (for all the talk of their shit) has an A-.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Looks like Hero Academy 1 and 2 and Orcs Must Die Unchained are being closed down in April:

I got Hero Academy a long time ago...and never played it. Maybe it was in a bundle?

I loved Orcs Must Die! and what I played of Orcs Must Die! 2, but as soon as they announced Unchained and showed it was a multiplayer game, I lost interest.

The company apparently has two new games in development. Hopefully it's something closer to what I enjoy!

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    All the previous hearsay I've heard is that BBB is just around to convince companies to pay them to give them a better rating (I guess this CNN article covers it?)

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Whale shit, it looks like I missed out on all of the ocean puns.

Also yeah the BBB is not a government entity, it has no actual power, and no one pays it any attention. It's basically an extortion ring (think Yelp but for big corporations).

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Looks like Hero Academy 1 and 2 and Orcs Must Die Unchained are being closed down in April:

I got Hero Academy a long time ago...and never played it. Maybe it was in a bundle?

I loved Orcs Must Die! and what I played of Orcs Must Die! 2, but as soon as they announced Unchained and showed it was a multiplayer game, I lost interest.

The company apparently has two new games in development. Hopefully it's something closer to what I enjoy!

I liked Hero Academy quite a bit but was terrible at it. Orcs Must Die and OMD2 were both great. I love the board game, and had no interest in their MOBA thing. I sincerely hope that one of the next two games in development is Orcs Must Die 3 and that it's coming to PS4 so I can play it in local multi.

I'd take it on PC and play solo, but I'd absolutely love local multi on a console for it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    https://kotaku.com/atom-feels-like-old-school-fallout-set-in-post-apocalyp-1831646281
    Nearly every Steam review and description of Atom RPG I read said the same thing: It’s old-school Fallout, but Soviet. “That can’t be,” I said to myself as I waited for the game to download. “That’s too reductionist.” A few hours of playtime later, I’ve revised my opinion: Atom is old-school Fallout, but Soviet.

There was a time where NMA would have masturbated furiously to this.

There was a time where NMA was considered the most toxic fanbase on the internet

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

I played some Hero Academy 1 in it's heyday...

g6ewvqt7pg03.png

And that was just the Steam version. Probably at least that much on iOS from 2010-2012 as well. By the time I stopped playing, I was ranked in the top 100 with each team. I even created a fan-made expansion team to be added into the game. While they couldn't use my team, it did get featured on their Facebook page, much to the chagrin of the player base wanting to play my creation.

Hero Academy 2 though...yeah, that game was a pure money grab. The gutted the heart and soul of the first game in an attempt to make that Hearthstone/Clash Royale money. A large majority of the base from the first game, myself included, hated the new game and hoped they'd bring it back in line with the original. Sadly it never happened.

It sucks to see these games no longer being supported, but I get why. With any luck, RE won't have to close their doors.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    https://kotaku.com/atom-feels-like-old-school-fallout-set-in-post-apocalyp-1831646281
    Nearly every Steam review and description of Atom RPG I read said the same thing: It’s old-school Fallout, but Soviet. “That can’t be,” I said to myself as I waited for the game to download. “That’s too reductionist.” A few hours of playtime later, I’ve revised my opinion: Atom is old-school Fallout, but Soviet.

There was a time where NMA was considered the most toxic fanbase on the internet

How is the translation though? The main draw of the original fallouts was the narrative design and C&C. Which is why wasteland 2 fell on it's face, despite having members of the original team

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

How is the translation though? The main draw of the original fallouts was the narrative design and C&C. Which is why wasteland 2 fell on it's face, despite having members of the original team

Didn’t Wasteland 2 make an absolute goose-ton of money?

I for one enjoyed it’s narrative design and tight combat encounters, and IIRC the amount of copies sold and review scores indicated that a lot of other people did, too?

...what definition of ‘fell on its face’ are we using here?

Atom looks neat, too!

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    So Catherine is out on Steam now? I remember enjoying that game, but once I was done with it, I was done with it.

Maybe I'll just wait for the Switch port. Because at this point I'm willing to believe just about anything will get a Switch port.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I got an email from Steam today that read "Uninitialized is now available on Steam!"

What the hell is Uninitialized?, I thought. I have no memory of a game called Uninitialized. But I was about to go on the road, so I could only think about it.

nkzhdnrl1nui.png

Oooh. This is especially interesting to me since I was about three hours into Vesperia when my 360 died.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    All the previous hearsay I've heard is that BBB is just around to convince companies to pay them to give them a better rating (I guess this CNN article covers it?)

Basically, if you pay for accreditation, you get to decide whether a complaint was addressed positively or not (with some limits, but it's heavily skewed in your favor). If you don't, the customer gets to decide, no matter how unreasonable their case may be.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Yeah it's hardly an ISO qualification

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    This is also how JDPower works for autos. You don't pay them, they go to the next company.

Chevy has won all these awards for years, and yet they are downsizing (and stopping production of the Volt)

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Yeah, having had to deal with it, I pretty much think the BBB is just business extortion, and the use of the word "Bureau" in the name lends it a patina of authority it doesn't deserve... many people think it's an actual government agency.

It really just needs to DIAF.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Not that I'm trying to defend Epic, but does this article go into detail regarding the "complaints"?

Because the younger portion of Fortnite's playerbase (of which there are many, as I understand it) apparently flock to Epic's website to complain anytime a weapon is added, removed, or tweaked in Battle Royale.

I would ignore those as well.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Not that I'm trying to defend Epic, but does this article go into detail regarding the "complaints"?

Because the younger portion of Fortnite's playerbase (of which there are many, as I understand it) apparently flock to Epic's website to complain anytime a weapon is added, removed, or tweaked in Battle Royale.

I would ignore those as well.

Remember how EA was the worst company ever just because they released Mass Effect 3?

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »

nkzhdnrl1nui.png

Oooh. This is especially interesting to me since I was about three hours into Vesperia when my 360 died.

I was a few hours into Vesperia when I "took a break". According to my Xbox achievement data, that was...5 years ago. I do mean to get back to it one day, but now I want to play through several other Tales games first.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Another early unlock of the upcoming February Monthly Bundle has been revealed: Rapture Rejects
    header.jpg?t=1543610885
    A 2D Battle Royale game based on Cyanide & Happiness designs. Seems to be quite dead right now.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    I mean, still got Yakuza and Division so it's a good humble month, but I was hoping for more than a Battle Royale game.

Ah well, blind box gonna blind box.

• Options
    My wife loves the Cyanide & Happiness comic, and I find it fun at times too, but...a Battle Royale game is a weird choice for a game for them. I stumbled across it during the winter sale and said "huh" and moved on. I guess I'm getting it anyway, though.

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Of course, The Division 2 will still be available to buy, you know, on Uplay itself.

I'd be more inclined to pick it up there in due course.

As I said in the Division thread, I buy my Ubisoft games on uPlay anyway because if you play any games on there you’re guaranteed a constant 20% off, even pre orders now.

Oh yeah, also need to use up my uplay points before they expire, which still seems like a move I don't particularly like.

Well I was just going to turn them into coupons so I wouldn't forget but good luck getting the Uplay Club to load so you can even get those coupons.

Oh Ubisoft.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Yeah, having had to deal with it, I pretty much think the BBB is just business extortion, and the use of the word "Bureau" in the name lends it a patina of authority it doesn't deserve... many people think it's an actual government agency.

It really just needs to DIAF.

I'm starting a new organization, it's the Steam Thread Accreditation Bureau.

For a nominal fee you can register and become accredited. For a slightly less nominal fee you can file a complaint about another Steam Thread user who is registered, which may impact their Forumer Rating. For an even less nominal fee you can nullify someone else's complaint to maintain your current rating.

Oh god I think I just invented the SA forums.

• Options
    My wife loves the Cyanide & Happiness comic, and I find it fun at times too, but...a Battle Royale game is a weird choice for a game for them. I stumbled across it during the winter sale and said "huh" and moved on. I guess I'm getting it anyway, though.

I mean you can always pause....

(I bought Yakuza 0 when it was on a Chrono.gg sale; and I have no interest in The Division. Which means at least 2 of my wishlist items will be in the reveal)

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »

I mean you can always pause....

(I bought Yakuza 0 when it was on a Chrono.gg sale; and I have no interest in The Division. Which means at least 2 of my wishlist items will be in the reveal)

Oh, I took Yakuza 0 and The Division already. Can't pause anymore. :)

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Tales of Vesperia is the best of it's kind: a safe and familiar JRPG.

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    Holy cannoli @Karoz sent me The Division, this guy is a saint, many thanks!
    Actually all of you are saints but today Karoz beat you all. :P