As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

John Wick Chucks An Assault Rifle At A Dude in the [movies] Thread

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

she means Dau, not Gau, but still

if ever there was a movie I was sure would never actually see screening, it was this one

I hope they'll show it to a wider audience at some point

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    https://youtu.be/XFncLkrouHs

Just saw an article on this and apparently it's good

Just a fun flick about Indonesians fighting back again the dutch. Also a western

Lalabox on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    honovere wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/95AsSOK5-jE
    Actors doing clueless. Adam Driver is intense

I want the whole Adam Driver audition.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Wow, Alden Ehrenreich looks like he just does NOT want to be there.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Adam Driver has clearly seen clueless a LOT of times.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Now let's have them do the Gretchen Weiners' Caesar speech from Mean Girls.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I watched The Nice Guys last night
    I certainly have qualms with it but overall I really got a kick out of it

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I watched The Nice Guys last night
    I certainly have qualms with it but overall I really got a kick out of it

Yeah, I liked it, but there is definitely some really problematic shit in there.

Gosling is amazing in it, though.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Buffalo Boys

Just saw an article on this and apparently it's good

Just a fun flick about Indonesians fighting back again the dutch. Also a western

That looks fun, and I'm digging the Dynasty Warriors music they have jamming in the trailer

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Gosling, turns out, is really good at physical comedy, and the bit in the bathroom stall and his Abbott and Costello routine when he finds that guy's body both had me on the floor

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Gosling should definitely do more comedies, but it seems like he’d rather do Blade Runner for every movie

6F32U1X.png
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    look the man has a business to maintain
    https://youtu.be/pqs7857hksM

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Bumblebee's profitable, sequels likely
    [Viacom CEO] Bakish congratulated Paramount for a successful turnaround, using the latest in the Transformers franchise as an example: Bumblebee, he said, is "solidly profitable" while its predecessor in the summer of 2017 [Transformers: The Last Knight] lost more than $100 million.

Sweeney Tom on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Gosling, turns out, is really good at physical comedy, and the bit in the bathroom stall and his Abbott and Costello routine when he finds that guy's body both had me on the floor

The bit with him in the background chasing the mermaids is still my favorite shot from that year

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Just got done with another viewing of Jason X.

I swear it gets better work every watch

Also it's hard to pull off kid characters that are worth a shit in a movie of adults but Shane Black has pulled it off twice now with Iron Man 3 and Gosling's daughter in Nice Guys, which is really impressive

Heard he maybe whiffed it on Predator but you can't win em all

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Aquaman tonight! Finally! I'm so fucking excited!

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Also it's hard to pull off kid characters that are worth a shit in a movie of adults but Shane Black has pulled it off twice now with Iron Man 3 and Gosling's daughter in Nice Guys, which is really impressive

Heard he maybe whiffed it on Predator but you can't win em all

The kid was fine, the movie overall wasn’t great

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Just got done with another viewing of Jason X.

I swear it gets better work every watch

Jason X is so weird and dumb and great

there is one legitimately funny gag in it though, in holographic Crystal Lake (the lines of the teens)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    [Viacom CEO] Bakish congratulated Paramount for a successful turnaround, using the latest in the Transformers franchise as an example: Bumblebee, he said, is "solidly profitable" while its predecessor in the summer of 2017 [Transformers: The Last Knight] lost more than $100 million.

Bumblebee was a lot of fun so I’m glad to see this.

I’m surprised at the “solidly profitable” statement though when it had a production budget of 132m and has only made 100 domestic. It’s done 200 worldwide but generally the studio’s net from international box office isn’t as good, and the 132 doesn’t account for marketing.

Hollywood accounting for ya.

They probably realize they released it during a weekend that was waaaaay too crowded and with the positive buzz it got the next one can do very well with better scheduling.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    God, like I get this is a good thing as far as being able to make more movies and whatnot but "solidly profitable" is maybe the most disappointing and soul-crushing congratulatory message

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

I’m surprised at the “solidly profitable” statement though when it had a production budget of 132m and has only made 100 domestic. It’s done 200 worldwide but generally the studio’s net from international box office isn’t as good, and the 132 doesn’t account for marketing.

They probably realize they released it during a weekend that was waaaaay too crowded and with the positive buzz it got the next one can do very well with better scheduling.

I think basically if it makes back in the first few weeks what it cost to make and promote, than they call at it profit in advance. Streaming, digital sales, tv right etc are a certainty, and it still likely has a few weeks to go at the box office. So even though it hasn't made money yet, they are far enough along to know it will.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    It's interesting how that makes it very clear how Adam Driver is a much better actor than the rest of them.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Has there been a movie yet that really taps into what Adam Driver was so good at on Girls?

I only watched that show last year and was surprised after seeing him mostly as a reserved intense guy that he's really loud and big on that show, and could be really silly

I can only think of Logan Lucky coming close

6F32U1X.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »

I think basically if it makes back in the first few weeks what it cost to make and promote, than they call at it profit in advance. Streaming, digital sales, tv right etc are a certainty, and it still likely has a few weeks to go at the box office. So even though it hasn't made money yet, they are far enough along to know it will.

Yeah but also Harry Potter “lost money” so I’m amazed they would even admit it made money.

God, like I get this is a good thing as far as being able to make more movies and whatnot but "solidly profitable" is maybe the most disappointing and soul-crushing congratulatory message

It's like when you have to work late to finish some big project for your company and the boss says "congratualtions, we really appreciate your hard work" and gives you a $15 gift card to Outback steakhouse.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Glass ending spoilers are out..and I dunno, it doesn't sound nearly as nuts as I was expecting.
    The entire movie builds to a confrontation between the Horde and Dunn, which Glass orchestrated so the world could see that superpowered people exist. And yeah, people see it, people believe it.

And I guess there's also something about a secret society?

I guess it's unexpected cause it moves the universe into full on comic book but eh.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Has there been a movie yet that really taps into what Adam Driver was so good at on Girls?

I only watched that show last year and was surprised after seeing him mostly as a reserved intense guy that he's really loud and big on that show, and could be really silly

not a movie but

check out that oil baron snl sketch

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Glass ending spoilers are out..and I dunno, it doesn't sound nearly as nuts as I was expecting.
    The entire movie builds to a confrontation between the Horde and Dunn, which Glass orchestrated so the world could see that superpowered people exist. And yeah, people see it, people believe it.

And I guess there's also something about a secret society?

I guess it's unexpected cause it moves the universe into full on comic book but eh.

I'm kind of glad I read that spoiler so that I won't go in expecting something good

Yeah that's incredibly underwhelming

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

not a movie but

check out that oil baron snl sketch

I was about to suggest this as well.

Adam Driver's versatility is off the charts.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    It's time for the newest edition of "Guess Who Sucks"

Guess Who Sucks: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    “So many good people fought for freedom and equality - but this generation are looking for a reason to be offended.

“If you are not agreeing with them then they are offended - and that is not what so many great men and women fought for.”

The superstar thinks that while the world has become a more tolerant and better place, whining snowflakes are draining positive change through their constant moaning.

“We thankfully now live in a world that has progressed over the last 30 or 40 years,” said the 46-year-old beefcake.

“People can be who they want, be with who they want, and live how they want.

“That can only be a good thing – but generation snowflake or, whatever you want to call them, are actually putting us backwards.”

6F32U1X.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    GOD DAMN IT DWAYNE

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    its been clear for a while that dwayne sucks

nice to have an interview to more easily point it out

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    God damn it, Dwayne. "The kids are ruining everything" is a classic trap and you should know better.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Whenever someone says "that's not what so many men and women fought for!" I wanna ask them what they think they fought for

• IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    I watched Mile 22 before I listened to the newest WHM episode. That movie has one of greatest lines I've ever heard, "He's not a double agent! He's a TRIPLE AGENT!"

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Posted in the Wrassling thread, but I'm not surprised but still disappointed.

He's always seemed more conservative than he lets on through his very carefully managed PR persona.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Posted in the Wrassling thread, but I'm not surprised but still disappointed.

He's always seemed more conservative than he lets on through his very carefully managed PR persona.

It's because he "bootstrapped" in the same way any son of a professional athlete that spins his multi-generational industrial cache into independent fame and fortune does.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    I'm not surprised at all that The Rock would think that way.

This discussion has been closed.