As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Got rare on Sparky, 40% atk, 10% HP, 15% MP. Been rare city this round, which i guess makes up for hardly seeing any the last 3 or 4.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    No particular reason but have been doing sparky any time guns were avail and I was done running everything else. Had a run yesterday with 3 terrible non atk rolls after floor 8, almost just restarted but of course got rare on 9. After 10 mine has 40% atk and like 3% def or something. But still beats the 10/15/5 it had before so :rotate:

ffbe ign: Kas
  • CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I managed to get the rare on both of my Sparkys, back when it was +30%, but one of them had lousy boosts for the other two slots (+10% DEF and +5% MP), so I've been trying to get the boosted rare for it with some better other options, but no luck so far. This has been my least lucky week for the item dungeon in general. I've yet to get a single rare this time around.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Let's say I finally got everything I want from life and I have a 7* Sora, a 7* Khloud, a second 7* TTerra and as of tomorrow a 7* Normal Cloud. Which should I run as my 5th with Freyvia, Tterra, Wilhelm and Akylia?

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Best thing I've rolled so far this IW has been Dandelga with 10%ATK and 25%HP.

Bucketman wrote: »
    Let's say I finally got everything I want from life and I have a 7* Sora, a 7* Khloud, a second 7* TTerra and as of tomorrow a 7* Normal Cloud. Which should I run as my 5th with Freyvia, Tterra, Wilhelm and Akylia?

Depends on the trial. Wilhelm provoke tank and aoe physical cover tank. Ayaka healer. If you use T.Terra, you may want your 2nd one to chain with so you can use a AoE magic tank / breaker / support friend unit. Or you could use KH Cloud with friend Hyoh. Sora likewise has DR Chain attack so you could use him as well.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I just got the rare on Fangbreaker after about 4 runs on this weapon. Too bad the other two passives weren't very good, (5% HP and 10% SPR) but at least I avoided another Masamune situation (where I ran it 13 times and got a never-ending stream of garbage).

[edit] So, do I equip this on WKN or a staff? He's a magic tank. SPR is really good on him.

TeaSpoon on
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I just got the rare on Fangbreaker after about 4 runs on this weapon. Too bad the other two passives weren't very good, (5% HP and 10% SPR) but at least I avoided another Masamune situation (where I ran it 13 times and got a never-ending stream of garbage).

[edit] So, do I equip this on WKN or a staff? He's a magic tank. SPR is really good on him.
    Depends. WKN can get some crazy high SPR without a staff equipped. Fangbreaker is a great option to boost his HP, especially since he sacrifices a lot of it to get elemental resistances/immunities.

Tiphares on
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

It’s no Fangbreaker, but the Elven Staff has 64 SPR and 10% HP on it.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Of COURSE I would get a rare on Moonblade lol. 25% ATK and 30% HP.

Two-headed dragon down. I wanted Grand Helm+ for more equipment choices on my tanks. He was a pretty straight-forward fight. Just use an esper every 2 turns. Attack him on the non-esper turns. CG Sieghard with passive provoke uses his cover every 3 turns and guards on other turns. Hyohs attacks on attack turns and uses esper/imperil on other turns. CG Nichol uses DM/something, imperil/imperil, and SPR buff/DEF buff.

No one ever got close to dying. I got CG Fina give my most important units reraise just in case, but it wasn't necessary. I didn't even bother dispelling the breaks on my units.

I thought about doing Antonella and Marching Beasts, but the slew of mechanics is daunting. Same with Malboro+, Mad Doll, and the chamber of arms bosses. I'll get to them when I'm strong enough to OTK them.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    So maintenance started early and I think my Crimson Saber was still in the IW, so that's great. I guess if it vanishes I can contact support to get it back, but it'll have whatever enhancements it had from that run, which means it'll lose the +10% SPR +10% HP and rare enhancements it had for like... +3% DEF and nothing else because I'd just started a run. Awesome.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Datamine has started, Sephiroth and Tifa look like they got some tasty buffs. Vincent not so much.

Could... maybe good for hitting parameters? Maybe?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Hah! *Finally* a Prishe (off an 3* EX ticket).

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
    This event is going to suck. Spent 5 3* and 3 4* tickets with only 1 Cait Sith to show. Really with Cloud and Sephiroth were bonus.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    3 4* tickets and 7 normal tickets netted me three Barretts, so I think I'll be alright.

I can set a Barrett as friend unit if people are desperate for bonuses?

Steam ID: Right here.
    edited January 2019
    Dropped 6-8 tickets to get bonus units. Somehow got myself a Seaside Nichol and Tifa.

I think this banner really loves me. It happens sometimes. This banner doesn't have anything I want, but if rainbows are dropping like crazy, maybe I should pull anyway?

[edit] Dropped another 2 tickets. Got Tifa #2...

[edit] Most of the tickets were 4*s, but still. This is crazy.

[edit] Dropped another 2 tickets. Got Ellesperis...

[edit] At this point, I'm just dropping tickets to see what'll happen.

[edit] 4 tickets later, I'm done. My reserves are too low for this kind of fuckery. Got 4 rainbows from 16 tickets. That's plenty.

TeaSpoon on
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Well, Tifa is here. But after blowing so much for Lenneth, I'm never giving Gumi another dime unless the deal is stupid good. I'll just have to settle for daily pulls and hoping her banner is as good to me as the Star Ocean banner.

I think this is my worst luck with bonus units on a banner in a long time. It started well, with my first two 4* tickets being Barrets. It then took 10 more 4* tickets and 6 3* tickets before I found a third bonus unit, a third Barret. No Cait Siths. I did get one rainbow, but, was it on banner? No, of course not, don't be crazy :rotate: Squall #1. At least his sword will be a good upgrade over the Revolving Saw.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I wish 3* units had some use because Cait Sith's sprite is adorable.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    With 8 3* tickets, I came away with 1 Barret, 2 Cait Sith, and 1 Tifa. Not bad at all! Glad I decided to grab and use those tickets before I spent all my NRG on LGD with like, one bonus unit.

Cruor on
    Tifas have been dropping like crazy. Did they mess up the drop rates?

If so I'm not angry at them.

edited January 2019
    My brother must have stolen all of my banner luck. He got a Barret, a Cait Sith, and a Tifa off of three tickets.

Now to see if I can let him one shot Agion with my Olive so he can get a good weapon for Tifa. I've done it before, but I think I needed buffs and debuffs that I don't think he has yet.

Cururu on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Full step up gave me two Vincents and a million Barrets/Cait Siths. I did end up getting Aloha Lasswell #2 and Seaside Nichol #2 in my chase for a Tifa.

Now I need to figure out if I want to go for Tifa or just resume hoarding.

Also the Arena is brutal this week with no multi attacks. Evade units are going to be OP since everyone is going to go to DW.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I spent about 8x 4* tickets and 3 rare tickets and ended up with 3 Barret and 1 Cait Sith. I took my time and waited for some 7* bonus friends to show up before clearing LGD and had back-to-back bonus mobs (2 malboros, then 3 malboros). So, no luck with rainbows, but good so far on the bonus mobs.

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    3 normal tix, 3 4* tix, got #3 pyro lasswell and 2 barretts. At least some starting bonus.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I am having trouble finding any friends with bonus units up.

edited January 2019
    urahonky wrote: »
    Also the Arena is brutal this week with no multi attacks. Evade units are going to be OP since everyone is going to go to DW.
    I’m taking a page from @TeaSpoon (I think?) and using pods on TDH characters + frozen hurricane. So far so good.

Is dualcast disabled? Or just dual abilities? Tornado chaining might be the way to go if not.

Pressure’s off this week since I don’t need mag pots badly.

Edit: Dual White Magic on Ayaka is allowed, so I’d imagine Dual Black/Dualcast is okay too.

maraji on
    20 tickets and I’m done.
    15x regular- two Cait Sith
    1x 90% blue (accidental) - Locke (heh)
    4x 4* - Barret, Setzer, Lexa, Tifa

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    15 or so tickets got me a Vincent, 4 Barretts and 2 Cait Siths. I'm pretty surprised it went that well.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I pushed hard to get enough Lapis for step 2 of KH banner yesterday.

Got one Rainbow in the 10+1...Machina. Not what I was looking for, but not gonna get too upset about it.

Today, Rainbow dropped from the FFVII banner...Prishe #2. Of course, I’m lacking Calamity Writs to get her to to 6....

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    10 tickets got me 3 Barrets and a Sith.

I had a 10+1 ticket sitting, and it got my Blossom Sakura #2. Which is awesome, because my 6* version of her is already sitting at ~1000Mag

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    edited January 2019

Got one Rainbow in the 10+1...Machina. Not what I was looking for, but not gonna get too upset about it.

Today, Rainbow dropped from the FFVII banner...Prishe #2. Of course, I’m lacking Calamity Writs to get her to to 6....

Machina has some really good breaks/imperils, even at 6* - quite possibly worth a party slot depending on who else you have.

Edit: There should be Calamity Writs in the MK shop for the event starting today.

Did they stealth increase the number of energy pots you can hold? Could have sworn the cap was 999, but now it looks like it’s 9999...

maraji on
  • AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Spent 15 regular tickets and got all blues.

Spent 8 4* tickets and got 6 Barrets.

Somethings wrong with my game this morning.

Cururu wrote: »
    My brother must have stolen all of my banner luck. He got a Barret, a Cait Sith, and a Tifa off of three tickets.

Now to see if I can let him one shot Agion with my Olive so he can get a good weapon for Tifa. I've done it before, but I think I needed buffs and debuffs that I don't think he has yet.

If needed, post his code and we can setup some solo units.

maraji wrote: »

Machina has some really good breaks/imperils, even at 6* - quite possibly worth a party slot depending on who else you have.

Edit: There should be Calamity Writs in the MK shop for the event starting today.

Did they stealth increase the number of energy pots you can hold? Could have sworn the cap was 999, but now it looks like it’s 9999...

They stealth updated the NRG pot limit to 9999 a maintenance or two ago. It is a welcome change.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Got two rainbows today! They were VoD #2 and Balthier #2. That's four rainbows in a row now that are functionally useless to me. My pulls are at a low point lately.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Did the usual five tickets, also got a rainbow.
    Though it seems unlike everyone, my rainbow was a Pure Summoner Rydia so I guess I'm stuck with only 1 Cait Sith and 1 Barret. This is going to be a loooong mog king.

Lorek on
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Almost at 50k points. Only 100k more to go. Ugh.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
This discussion has been closed.