As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] Downwell, Dragon Marked for Death, and Wargroove out now.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    My understanding is that Bagel is offering to draw, model, texture, code, render, compose, voice, perform, and do any other kind of necessary implementation task for free, so I'm pretty sure there are no valid counter-arguments.

How hard could it be?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Trailer #2 for SRW T came out today.

https://youtu.be/9eez0xOL9s8

I'll post the English version later when that goes live. Shouldn't take too long. The English version of the first trailer was up in a couple days.

Who's hype with me?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    My understanding is that Bagel is offering to draw, model, texture, code, render, compose, voice, perform, and do any other kind of necessary implementation task for free, so I'm pretty sure there are no valid counter-arguments.

How hard could it be?
    Honestly, if you do it on a computer, you can probably just do the work once and then copy the file a bunch of times and just change the file extension.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I learned a bit of html back on Angelfire so I'm pretty sure I can port a ps1 game

• Options
    I learned a bit of html back on Angelfire so I'm pretty sure I can port a ps1 game

I not only had a Geocities website, I also hacked my PSP to let me play homebrew, so I'm basically a game developer already

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

Is Balthier standing on a box, or is Fran standing in a hole

Where is Basch

Is he

Under the dress

(I like the art)

Ok, so i slept on it, and my final answer is that Captain Basch fon Ronsenberg of Dalmasca is clearly depicted, second from the left.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Trailer #2 for SRW T came out today.

https://youtu.be/9eez0xOL9s8

I'll post the English version later when that goes live. Shouldn't take too long. The English version of the first trailer was up in a couple days.

Who's hype with me?

The only thing I have seen from this game is the thumbnail for this video and I am sufficiently hype.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna be the new fujin

RAGE

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Hot Take: VIII is a teenage bullshit love story drama that I do not care for whatsoever. I respect that others like it but it’s trash to me. I might be broken though so your mileage may vary.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Personally, I adore teenage bullshit love story drama.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    FF8 had the best soundtrack of the PS1 FFs.

You are hearing the battle theme of Squall's loveable machine gun wielding father in your head right now.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    One thing that's weird about 8 is that its my first final fantasy and I really, really don't like it

its one of the only things I have that goes against the "your first is your favorite" doctrine

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    One thing that's weird about 8 is that its my first final fantasy and I really, really don't like it

its one of the only things I have that goes against the "your first is your favorite" doctrine

The original Kingdom Hearts is also this.

That gamer has aged very poorly.

• Options

What a good and versatile typo

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I adore FF9 but it's really hard to replay with how slow it is. Load times, battle transitions, battles themselves, movement, everything in general.

FF7 still has my favorite cast.

I pretty much univerally like 4-9, love 10, think 12 and 13 are okay but flawed, loved the hell out of 13-2, and 13-3 is a trashfire of a story attached to fantastic and wonderful gameplay.

• Options

The original Kingdom Hearts is also this.

It's a lot better in the HD Collections where they gave KH1 the controlls of KH2.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

And that’s great! I just can’t stand it. Then again I am someone who not only likely FFXI but back in college actually camped out multiple real life days waiting for HNM spawns so...

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    my FF list

1: Final Fantasy Tactics
    2: "hey, these aren't like Final Fantasy Tactics"

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    my FF list

Play Tactics Ogre.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    my FF list

Play Tactics Ogre.

I always mean to, but I don't currently have a system that will play it plugged in

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy games I have finished:
    Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
    Theatrhythm

Clearly I am the big FF expert.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Hot Take: VIII is a teenage bullshit love story drama that I do not care for whatsoever. I respect that others like it but it’s trash to me. I might be broken though so your mileage may vary.

Buddy this take is ice fucking cold.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    Final Fantasy games I have finished:
    Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
    Theatrhythm

Clearly I am the big FF expert.

You've got the essentials, which is more than a lot of so-called fans can say

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Final Fantasies I've played: alot
    Final Fantasies I've beaten: only IX

Square hire me.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I've never played a Final Fantasy, but as far as dumb swords goes, it sure seems like Leon's got the coolest dumb sword, so I guess 8 is my favorite

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

And that’s great! I just can’t stand it. Then again I am someone who not only likely FFXI but back in college actually camped out multiple real life days waiting for HNM spawns so...

Been there, didn't get the speed belt.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »

Square hire me.

Hell maybe hire any fan. Not like Square knows whats going on.

I'd have the deus ex and the tomb raider teams make FF games in those styles( maybe call them The adventure series)

I'd definitely do a collection of the gba/ ds ports of the ff games.
    I'd push real hard to make a Mario rpg 2

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Miyamoto would never let it happen

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

Square hire me.

I'd have the deus ex and the tomb raider teams make FF games in those styles( maybe call them The adventure series)

We'd get a new Tactics using the art style of Octopath Traveler.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Square hire me.

We'd get a new Tactics using the art style of Octopath Traveler.

Yes please.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
    What I experienced of Octopath Traveler based on the demo was extremely disappointing. I love the idea of smaller-scale stories in RPGs, but the writing was just so bad.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy 8 is just Squaresoft Presents The OC and I deeply love it

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Last night my best friend and I started a new game of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

It's still so good and still the game I unfairly compare all modern/contemporary games to in all elements.

It is also still very difficult, but in a very positive/rewarding way.

This has been my retro-review of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Squall is undeniably the best implementation of the ridiculous art style FF deals in

The perfect balance of dumb and cool bullshit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    The definitive list of Top 10 Final Fantasy games in the order I came to know of their existence.

1. I
    2. III
    3. VII
    4. VIII
    5. 6 is actually 3?
    6. IX
    7. X
    8. X-2
    9. XI
    10. XII

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Vagrant story is the best Final Fantasy.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Zell had combo enders to his limit breaks

He could punch the ground so hard it would open a rift in the earth and spew fire up at the enemy

He could jump into the air, focus his power, and then literally punch through the enemy, leaving behind a ball of energy that would explode after like five solid seconds of nothing happening

He could backflip kick the enemy over and over and over, just rising higher every time, until he and the enemy were in the upper atmosphere, at which point he would punch them down to the ground

He could charge up energy for a punch, run past the enemy, go all the way around the planet, and then punch them

Zell rules

People very quickly figured out, however, that chaining together his two most basic attacks was much more effective because they had extremely short inputs, and scaled better off Zell's strength than the finishers themselves

The strategy became known amongst fans as "Armageddon Fist"

Imagining him getting off a hundred attacks in thirteen seconds is another reason Zell is very good
    he did ten thousand punches a day, every day, until he could do them in under thirteen seconds.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Last night my best friend and I started a new game of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

It's still so good and still the game I unfairly compare all modern/contemporary games to in all elements.

It is also still very difficult, but in a very positive/rewarding way.

This has been my retro-review of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
    DKC2 is one of the best games ever made.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I will never understand why people dislike DKC3 and Kiddy Kong so strongly

• Options
    I will never understand why people dislike DKC3 and Kiddy Kong so strongly

There's something haphazard about the level design and overall layout of DKC3. It's hard to quantify but it feels less meticulous and more like each stage was kind of just thrown together as you go. I never felt like I was clicking with it the way I did with 1 and 2.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.