As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX] South(land) in the Winter(time) 2019: It's over! Photo on p20

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    i ain't prepared shit

i...should probably work on that

i've started putting things together for Let's Place and I am SO EXCITED about one of the games I found today

How's your data plan doing?

i figured out a better way to present things for PAX West so I don't have to rely on internet now

Killing Stilt's data plan is integral to the experience

Unfortunately for Luke (but thankfully for my cell phone), my flight back to Arizona leaves at 5:40 PM, so I probably won't be able to attend the Let's Place panel.

well that's one way to save your data plan

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Excited to possibly bump into yall out and about!

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Last time I went to PAX South, I kept running into homeless people.

• Options
    It looks like it will be in the 70s. I might go buy a jacket.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oh man I barely realized we were under a week away now and I am PUMPED

I gotta solve the mystery of Where To Get American Money From and also need to decide if I am going to bring cosplay things or not because that's work

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    There is a fancy dress party, but I don't feel like dressing up.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I have once again caved and just taken Wednesday off to make this a 9 day vacation.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Thursday
    Afternoon (somewhere between 12-6 PM): D&D with The Hanged Man @ place of his choosing
    7 PM: Pub Trivia @ Southtown 101 (and also drinking and general hangs)

Friday
    10 AM: PAX (duh)
    6 PM - 9 PM: Camp Counseling (space limited, hit up Rorshach Kringle)
    Night (pretty much whenever people get there after dinner): BoringPAX @ Springhill Suites breakfast lounge/lobby/business center area

Saturday
    10 AM: PAX
    2:30 PM: The Ultimate F·R·I·E·N·D @ Bobcat Theater
    Dinner Time (like 6 PM?): Trashy Dinner @ The Pig Stand
    8 PM - Midnight: Karaoke @ Asiana Karaoke Club*
    "Afterparty" (Afterhangs?) at Southtown 101 probably?

Sunday
    10 AM: PAX
    2:30 PM: Let's Place Live! @ Cactus Theater
    Dinner Time: Fogo de Chao for some, less expensive meals for others
    Probably hitting up Southtown 101 again as well for the last time for some

Monday
    10 AM?: Breakfast @ The Mad Hatter w/ Virgil_Leads_You

Daily Event @ ~11 AM: Lunch @ Hooters

Not set in stone, just a general guideline for anyone if they were looking for "what's going on this weekend" stuff. There you go.

Just reposting this for y'all

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    pertinent to that, you can add custom events to your schedule in the PAX app.

the beau had a cold a week ago that he's mostly over, so i'm hoping/thinking the junk i'm experiencing is just ("just." hah!) allergies. if this continues, i will probably be riding high on antihistamines throughout; if it gets worse, i'll miss you guys, but i ain't contributing to PAXpox.

hey, if you don't want allergies, don't move to Texas!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That's very cool, but they're not shareable to friends/a group only visible to you. Not the worst thing but it woulda been cool.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Just discovered something interesting. When creating custom entries in my schedule on the PAX app, I put in Asiana Karaoke and the only search result that came up is One Pocha Korean BBQ. So I googled a bit and it turns out they have converted the public Karaoke room/bar into a Korean BBQ restaurant/Karaoke bar

http://www.onepocha.com

Goose! on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Just discovered something interesting. When creating custom entries in my schedule on the PAX app, I put in Asiana Karaoke and the only search result that came up is One Pocha Korean BBQ. So I googled a bit and it turns out they have converted the public Karaoke room/bar into a Korean BBQ restaurant/Karaoke bar

http://www.onepocha.com

Checking out their breakfast menu, I can almost taste that Lorem Ipsum.

• Options
    I didn't even investigate the menu. That's hilarious.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    the about page also has some gems.

i especially like the blurb from celebrity chef Gordon Ramsey, "Cooking is about passion, so it may look slightly temperamental in a way that it’s too assertive to the naked eye."

fun fact: the GIS for the 'manager' (which, sorry to judge, but what a creeper expression)
    team-member-02.png
    just has the description "jheri curl"

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    So maybe skip the Korean BBQ part

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    So maybe skip the Korean BBQ part

I am absolutely trying the Korean BBQ part. I'd be more astonished by their web page being functional than I was by it existing in the first place.

Besides, how else will I find out what the cooked food equivalent is of those SoCo and lime shots they prepared a few years ago?

• Options
    I love that the places we keep frequenting for PAX keep upgrading themselves to be more awesome.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    you cannot upgrade sierra

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I love Korean BBQ and will not be held back from this

Steam
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I love that the places we keep frequenting for PAX keep upgrading themselves to be more awesome.

except for charlie wants a burger

RIP

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I never heard of that place

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I am buying that Korean BBQ. I must know.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So does anyone happen to want a 3-day badge? This thing isn't selling uggggggggggggggggggh

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Got some snowy weather this weekend, and it looks like it will be throughout the week.
    Got my driveway cleared out!
    Hoping I can still fly out to see folks when it comes time.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    hi I live here so despite basically falling off the face of the Earth for the last year, I will be in some degree of attendance

we live way out of the way but if anyone needs a free couch to crash on for a night or two and doesn't mind dogs, it's a thing

also @Madican just in time for your visit and in preparation for next year's South, one of the local paper is doing 52 weeks of burger reviews

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Hey wait a second

The Dragonball Super movie premieres in America this weekend

Anyone wanna schedule a time to go see it as a group?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Hey wait a second

The Dragonball Super movie premieres in America this weekend

Anyone wanna schedule a time to go see it as a group?

Right now the only theaters listing it are all far enough that you'd have to Uber/Lyft there. The Rivercenter theater doesn't have its full weekend schedule listed yet though.

• Options
    Sunday night maybe?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    hi I live here so despite basically falling off the face of the Earth for the last year, I will be in some degree of attendance

we live way out of the way but if anyone needs a free couch to crash on for a night or two and doesn't mind dogs, it's a thing

also Madican just in time for your visit and in preparation for next year's South, one of the local paper is doing 52 weeks of burger reviews

I shall need the name of the paper for research purposes please

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    So tickets are live for the Dragonball Super Broly movie and it looks like the closest theater is like 4 miles south so it'd definitely be a lyft situation.

Yeah, I'm in for an uber or lyft if we need to!
    Watching Broly with some folk sounds fun.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am finally ready for pax south

my presentation is so goddamned dumb

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I was voting in the Austin Music Awards for the categories where I actually knew/cared and GUYS GUESS WHO'S NOMINATED FOR BEST LIVE PUNK BAND

VbhyJoM.png

OUR OLD FRIENDS WORM SUICIDE!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Just had a dude offer me $20 for my 3-day badge on ebay
    Dude I'm desperate but I'm not that desperate :rotate:

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Yeah i’d still be down to see Broly.

Also, there’s gonna be a super blood moon Sunday night.
    https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/news/2019/1/11/how-to-watch-the-only-total-lunar-eclipse-of-2019-plus-a-supermoon/

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    I get badge paranoia that I still have my badge.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I need Thursday to get here now so I can stop worrying about everything that could possibly go wrong, really.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Yeah i’d still be down to see Broly.

Also, there’s gonna be a super blood moon Sunday night.
    https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/news/2019/1/11/how-to-watch-the-only-total-lunar-eclipse-of-2019-plus-a-supermoon/

I'm more of a Blood Moon 64 kind of person

Steam
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    If anyone gets any spare swag/codes for Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms they don't want, holla at chaboy

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Just wanted to say I'll miss everyone this year

I would like to request that someone please do a Kesha song at Karaoke for me

Thank you

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group