As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

podcast thread

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    i wonder when the anthem alpha nda wears off

probably never

I am definitely going to check out the free beta weekend. I think it's Feb 1. That's a game, like Destiny, that I need to play to know how I feel about it.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    They should just merge the three games.

Anthivistiny

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    the next Ranking of Fighters is doing Ehrgeiz

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

God bless the ring

sig.gif
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Aurahack and Lena Rain are on the Beastcast today!

Dont look at the comments!

Comments seem pretty positive so far but maybe that is because youtube makes me expect nothing but internet swill.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Punch Up the Jam often talks about how much they like the music they're listening to.

For all that the premise is "fixing" part of a song that's weird, it isn't always just them clowning on how bad a song is.

Like What's Your Fantasy is just them talking about how extremely specific Ludacris's fantasies obviously are in this very fun song.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    does punch up the jam still make the punch-up in advance? that always bothered me, since sometimes there was a big disconnect between the discussion and the final song

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    does punch up the jam still make the punch-up in advance? that always bothered me, since sometimes there was a big disconnect between the discussion and the final song

Yes

There's really no way to not do it that way. The punch ups can take them weeks of on and off work, they'd need to record and then make the punch up and then get the guest back in the studio to react.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Today's Blank Check Patreon episode includes the long-awaited discussion of Spiderverse

Ben describes Kingpin as "if a Ren & Stimpy closeup were a man"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Ah damn I might subscribe just for that

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Yeah I have literally just now subscribed

• Options
    is it a watch along? the reason i didnt sub is because they said most of the stuff was gonna be watch alongs

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Fuck thats all I have been wanting them to talk about for weeks

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    is it a watch along? the reason i didnt sub is because they said most of the stuff was gonna be watch alongs

No it's a mailbag, each middle of the month episode is gonna be a bonus

Fair warning they only talk Spiderverse for like 15 minutes

also the commentary episodes work more or less perfectly as regular episodes, I listened to the Iron Man one without watching the movie and enjoyed it just as much

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

No it's a mailbag, each middle of the month episode is gonna be a bonus

Fair warning they only talk Spiderverse for like 15 minutes

also the commentary episodes work more or less perfectly as regular episodes, I listened to the Iron Man one without watching the movie and enjoyed it just as much

Unless they literally dont refer to whats happening on screen at all, it would still really bother me

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

This one’s a mailbag and the Seamus Q&A from the live hulk at the drafthouse, but yeah 2 out of 3 are live commentaries, though it may have been fairly listenable without watching along.

• Options
    James Schamus comes out the gate referring to Ike Perlmutter as a "fascist Nazi creep"

I like James Schamus

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Oh that’s how you spell Schamus.

Whoops.

Oh yeah they also confirmed another March Madness this year.

rhylith on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

This is the first I've heard of this, so I looked it up

...what

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Okay we're a page late on Anthem discussion but I need to ask if it lets me kiss anybody yet, because I will always ask that question when Anthem comes up until Anthem either lets me kiss somebody or no longer exists

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Okay we're a page late on Anthem discussion but I need to ask if it lets me kiss anybody yet, because I will always ask that question when Anthem comes up until Anthem either lets me kiss somebody or no longer exists

you just kinda clack your helmets together like seabirds in a mating dance.

• Options

you just kinda clack your helmets together like seabirds in a mating dance.

Hmmm

I could get into this, I guess

Steam
  • Options
    Are you willing to drop money on a key that’ll let you open a box that’ll give you a high chance of having a bad kiss or a low chance of getting a good kiss?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    As previously mentioned, Ronda Rousey is a terrible actress

EDIT: Oh wait, animation. Still probably not great since I doubt she's somehow a better voice actress.

i meant worse in terms of like

if shes just the character model and voice in a game i can just not play that character

if shes in the movie I kinda have to determine if I wanna skip the thing entirely

(my own dumb moral rules, im sure everyones set is different)

Been thinking about this and I think I'd be more happy if it was the movie. Warner animation (and MK media in general) is real hit or miss, so I don't have problem writing off a movie. I'm anticipating the next game however and would be real bummed if they gave someone like Rousey a prominent role in it.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    As previously mentioned, Ronda Rousey is a terrible actress

EDIT: Oh wait, animation. Still probably not great since I doubt she's somehow a better voice actress.

i meant worse in terms of like

if shes just the character model and voice in a game i can just not play that character

if shes in the movie I kinda have to determine if I wanna skip the thing entirely

(my own dumb moral rules, im sure everyones set is different)

Been thinking about this and I think I'd be more happy if it was the movie. Warner animation (and MK media in general) is real hit or miss, so I don't have problem writing off a movie. I'm anticipating the next game however and would be real bummed if they gave someone like Rousey a prominent role in it.

I'm the opposite.

We haven't had a good Mortal Kombat movie in 23 years.

I'd hate for it to be tanked by adding a trash-golem like Ronda Rousey.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    Are you willing to drop money on a key that’ll let you open a box that’ll give you a high chance of having a bad kiss or a low chance of getting a good kiss?

If I get a bad kiss twice can I get it in KissBucks form so I can save up for a good one?

In which case I'll shell out for a couple KissBoxes

Steam
  • Options

If I get a bad kiss twice can I get it in KissBucks form so I can save up for a good one?

In which case I'll shell out for a couple KissBoxes

Only if it's the same bad kiss

there are 500 bad kisses and 10 good ones

sig.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Weird how'd you get a copy of my DMs with my boyfriend?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    so Monty Hall opens a door you didn't pick and there's a bad kiss behind it

sig.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I wish I could talk about the parts of Anthem I played.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    blink when I say something that's not in the game

shooting
    light levels
    classes
    armor paint jobs
    kissing

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hey I have a question

Do y'all think individual podcasts at Max Fun have the ability to turn down ads

Cause I know the McElroys have read for some sorta questionable stuff before

But I genuinely hope they don't ever do a Ring ad again

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    my friend has a ring camera and a girl crawled out of it a week after they got it and killed them

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    my friend has a ring camera and a girl crawled out of it a week after they got it and killed them

You think that's bad, lemme tell you what happened when my friend bought the HTC Grudge

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

This is the first I've heard of this, so I looked it up

...what

Warning: nightmare sounds

Ehrgeiz has the worst menu sound effects I've ever heard, and I grew up with Jazz Jackrabbit 2's obnoxious menues

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Just heard the new episode of castle super beast , was awesome. Glad woolie and pat seem to have bounced back , was same old fun nonsense.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Edit: Nah

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    anthem has a lot more of you killing what seems to be the wildlife than I was hoping for. I don't know if I've actually seen any gameplay of people fighting the .. bad.. robot suit people?

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    hey

a61ta8mj259k.png

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Okay, if there’s one thing I can count on the Dollop for: it’s letting me know that various famous people on the periphery of my awareness, like Errol Flynn for instance, were just completely horrible assholes.

And I’m less surprised each time.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
This discussion has been closed.