As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    :)

EO isnt that bad for witch to take. Something like 70% of elementalists currently take it and like half of occultists. At least according to poe.ninja.

That is another tool for you to use. Poe.ninja is amazing. Aggregates everything. Place to go to see that the build you are envisioning has already been done before and by a lot of people heh. I love seing what other people are using though and make variations of it to fit how I like to play.

thats true but its for BV and WO, 2 skills which have high enough base damage to never worry about non-crit being their bottleneck

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Reminds me I need to kill Shaper. I've got like 4 sets of frags from killing guardians but I keep putting it off.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    :)

EO isnt that bad for witch to take. Something like 70% of elementalists currently take it and like half of occultists. At least according to poe.ninja.

That is another tool for you to use. Poe.ninja is amazing. Aggregates everything. Place to go to see that the build you are envisioning has already been done before and by a lot of people heh. I love seing what other people are using though and make variations of it to fit how I like to play.

thats true but its for BV and WO, 2 skills which have high enough base damage to never worry about non-crit being their bottleneck

Sure. Also Arc. Like 91% of ele arc witches take eo because of that as well.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Okay, so i need a bit of a lesson. every assist app ive seen posted to do with POE is using gethub, and I know what get is, my work uses it in a linux environment but goddamnit, what he hells wrong with just giving me a binary i can run under windows. ive downloaded path of building as a zip from the gethub and i have no idea what im suppose to do with the files.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    There should be a binary in the folder ("Path of Building.exe") after you extract the Path of Building archive

mccart wrote: »
    There should be a binary in the folder ("Path of Building.exe") after you extract the Path of Building archive

nm, i was downloading the source, not the binary, which was on a different page.

Okay can someone explain to be how wise oak works? does that mean i cannot have fire/cold/light all capped? that i deliberately want to uncap lightning by a point or two, just so i get the bonus from the flask, both in lightning damage and lighting resists?
    what happens if all my resists are capped.. nothing? When they say 'capped' do they refer to the 75% barrier?

azith28 wrote: »
    Okay can someone explain to be how wise oak works? does that mean i cannot have fire/cold/light all capped? that i deliberately want to uncap lightning by a point or two, just so i get the bonus from the flask, both in lightning damage and lighting resists?
    what happens if all my resists are capped.. nothing? When they say 'capped' do they refer to the 75% barrier?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Wise_Oak

you can have all 3 capped

its the uncapped versions that wise oaks go off

so if you have 100/100/100
    if u make lightning 110
    100/100/110

lightning will get the pen bonus, while fire and cold will get the damage reduction bonus

if you triple balance your capped

like 81/81/81

you get all 3 penetrations, and all 3 damage reductions

J3qcnBP.png
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Yea, the problem with the word "uncapped" is people generally only use it to describe resists below 75. I guess they could have said "ignoring the resistance cap", but that item is already super wordy as it is.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Man I love accel shrines.

Makes the Uber Izaro fight even more temporary.

https://youtu.be/lN0AqHH6ndk

Edit: And I also found the twice blessed shrine, so four fonts! Only 1 good boot mod (16% attack speed if you've killed recently) and 3 shit helmet mods tho.

jungleroomx on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    How do you get a fourth font? Prophecy and Darkshrine each add one, where's the fourth from

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Even after hitting 75 and spending a bunch (for me) on new gear to get my resists and HP up I can't seem to crack the merc lab

I get to the final boss just fine but I can't seem to last more than like 15 seconds, maybe I'm freaking out about the room too much? The safe walking area is so much smaller with all the traps

Maybe I need to start using the fancy boy flasks instead of just health/mana/quicksilver

The lab boss is easy once you understand that you cannot stand still. literally just circle him, the entire time. get one hit in, then move. dont get greedy. focus more on your movements then your attacking (avoiding traps, hitting adds etc but dont stop moving more than a hit or two.

Yes thank you this was apparently the secret I was missing, merc lab down

getting an accell shrine helped a ton with this

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited January 2019
    link us to your profile

EDIT: and give us a bit more detail. when you say you got him to half, do you mean you did 50% dmg but kept dying? Do you know what you died to? Random spawned monsters? Elders tentacle slams? Aoe ice spears?

Did you die during the protect shaper phase? Are you just not doing enough damage to survive?

I didnt get to the protect phase. I started out okay dodging the slams, i have leap slam and flame dash for movement, but when i died the first time, i had a pain in the ass time running into the damn things that freeze you in place. (Kinda hard to see when moving around).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/azith28/

I know my flasks could use work, I just have yet to find good replacements yet.

so couple of things, totally biased for me so take it with a grain of salt

1. you have around 160k dps with all flasks up. this is decent dmg for self cast non crit arc
    2. according to what im seeing, you do 0 cold dmg. unless im missing somethingh, hypothermia does 0 for your dmg. put in lightning pen. try to get a 6link asap, as that will boost your damage another 30-40% more
    3. The only classes that should go EO is maurader and duelist... and even then its debatable. I would almost never recommend EO for witch, you can get so many more juicy crit nodes for free.
    4. ditch leap slam, go with shield charge to proc fortify
    5. i really dont like the lightning nodes at top of tree. for one, theyre super inefficient (like 1.4% dmg each) and two, arc is always shocking on crits. You shouldnt need those nodes to improve shock

heres a version with crit that lets you start scaling crit muli, which is the key to high end boss killing as a spell caster.

https://pastebin.com/JwnZxS1m

gets you above 200k dps, loses 0 hp from what i can tell. this is with your current gear too, so with the below you should see very sizable dmg increases

5. get a cheap wiseoak, balance your res for lightning to be highest and cold lowest (capped). youll penetrate elders ele resists, and take less dmg from his cold attacks
    6. to avoid slow, get a pair of kaoms roots. these boots are essential for non juggs in elder fights (uber included)
    7. rest of the gear-
    doryianis is fine, but if you go crit you can get a dagger that will get added crit multi, lightning dmg to spells, and crit chance for like... 5 c
    ahns is good on a budget.. but you have an inpulsas! Get a good spell shield with crit multi, crit chance, life and res
    mind of the council is pretty okay
    inpulsas is GG
    gaunts have life... and 18% res? You can get a pair of gaunts with 75 life and triple res for super cheap
    boots are good res, but no life roll hurts me. again you can get a pair with triple res and 60+ life, as well as 25-30 move speed (very key for dodging in boss fights) for cheap, especially this far into the league
    amulet is okay, but you can get a dex base one with more life, more res, and +30 dex so you can unskill from that +30 dex node. also very cheap
    rare ring has 28 res and chaos res. Chaos res is really strong, but 44 life??? 28 res??? Brother, get yourself a 5c ring with 70 life, 90+ res
    Essence worm is good for wrath
    Belt has 0 life? And its corrupted? You can get a 70+ life stygian with same res for cheap, then add a nice abyssal jewel with +life and onslaught on kill or something QoL
    life flask is fine, but i like panicked ones better. Search for one that gives instant recovery on low life as well as removes bleeding. the instant heal will save you 100x
    hybrid flasks are bad usually, and this one looks especially medicore. 7.5s recovery period? Immune to poison?
    Mana flask is good for removing chill, but thats it. Get a lavaigas
    overflowing challace is literally only "good" for divination distillate quant farming builds. No bueno!
    atziris promise is GG, but look for one with 15% ele gained as extra chaos. You dont need the phys roll, it will still be cheap
    once you go crit, get a diamond flask that will either remove freeze or curses

Sockets. Once you ditch ahns (you should ditch ahns asap), get ones with 7% max life, and either added lightning damage or better, crit multi. Fill in resists here for wise oak, Skip both fragilities as they are way under your budget (they are for ahns might first week juggs or similar)
    the crimson jewel is okay, but you dont need block spell damage. Improve to 7% hp, added lightning, or crit multi
    clear mind is pretty good

let me know if you want help finding this stuff on poe.trade, and let me know your budget

I'll look into the kaoms...unfortunately with so many uniques in place right now, im kinda gimping myself on the extra mods i could be putting on much of my gear. Just for elder fight might be okay tho.

Looking into a wise oak now. I actually had like 5 atziri's in my stash, I didnt even notice it had a range on its bonuses, so i swapped out for a 15/16%, which is a nice boost.
    I'm not familiar with the divination distillate build your referring to, I was just using its 40% damage boost in combination with the atziri's to give me a boost on boss fights. looks like the wise oak would be better so ill probably swap that one out.

ditching the Ahn's setup will mean losing the perma onslaught which has been my worry for a while. I was playing briefly with Path of building last night and it looks like I'll cut my arc damage by about 21k by removing the ahn's, (so i will need to do better with a replacement shield or second weapon + 2 now free jewel slots. I knew It would happen eventually cause I'm prophecy farming in hopes of upgrading my mirror (yeah i know the odds, but its something to do).

The problem I've had for a while with my boots, belt, gloves, ring, amulet is keeping my resistances and my str/dex requirements balanced (Decoy totem/ahns is heavy str requirement.) Everytime ive upgraded something I've mainly just shot for covering the resists I had with a higher amount but its still barely enough. i kinda need to do a replacement of boots/gloves/ring all at the same time to properly rebalance everything. The belt was a cheapo i bought to cover some resists i had after a rebalance.

I know i use to have cold damage for hypothermia but i must have lost it along the way. The Asendency that rotates through chill/shock/ignite still gets the bonus from hypothermia every 8 seconds or so, but id like to put some cold damage onto a ring or something to get it back more consistantly. Why shock and explode when you can shock, freeze, explode, and ignite?

I've been saving my abyss gems, just havent had to money to waste on a crafting spree to try and make something good yet.

I'm immune to poison now, so the hybrid flask can be replaced, it had pretty high values on both health and mana, which is why i kept it around, but yeah its slow to recover.

I'm saving up fusings to try and 6L my inpulsa. I only have about 250-300 right now however, If I start running out, i obviously will need to just 5L it again until i can come back to it, which is why im waiting until i get more fusings in case RNG is not with me. Probably just need to cash in one of my ex for a bunch of fusings, but i only have 2 ex in the stash and about 30c. I could sell some Div cards or breachstones I've been holding onto, but I really don't have much in the way of valuable items to sell. I was only able to buy the Inpulsa after a total of 4 ex dropped for me (along with .5ex in Chaos) over the first month or so of the league (then 2 since).

I'm a little hesitant to redo my entire passive tree to switch to crit multiplier like you recommend. I'm not saying i disagree with your conclusions its just that, ive been able to ignore crit chance and crit multiplier on items and passives for a while, so It requires a mindset change. Is crit multiplier really the only way a caster is going to put out the dps needed for endgame?

I know how to use poe.trade thanks, I've used it often during my atlas completion runs to buy maps or upgrade equipment.

BTW, Is The alluring Abyss Atziri fight that much more difficult from the standard 'her mask' fragment version of the temple? Cause I find the base temple fight really easy, and am only missing one of the 'mortal' fragments to give it a go solo.

azith28 on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    How do you get a fourth font? Prophecy and Darkshrine each add one, where's the fourth from

Wait

Wait no you're right because I only did 2 helms

Nmind

link us to your profile

EDIT: and give us a bit more detail. when you say you got him to half, do you mean you did 50% dmg but kept dying? Do you know what you died to? Random spawned monsters? Elders tentacle slams? Aoe ice spears?

Did you die during the protect shaper phase? Are you just not doing enough damage to survive?

I didnt get to the protect phase. I started out okay dodging the slams, i have leap slam and flame dash for movement, but when i died the first time, i had a pain in the ass time running into the damn things that freeze you in place. (Kinda hard to see when moving around).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/azith28/

I know my flasks could use work, I just have yet to find good replacements yet.

so couple of things, totally biased for me so take it with a grain of salt

1. you have around 160k dps with all flasks up. this is decent dmg for self cast non crit arc
    2. according to what im seeing, you do 0 cold dmg. unless im missing somethingh, hypothermia does 0 for your dmg. put in lightning pen. try to get a 6link asap, as that will boost your damage another 30-40% more
    3. The only classes that should go EO is maurader and duelist... and even then its debatable. I would almost never recommend EO for witch, you can get so many more juicy crit nodes for free.
    4. ditch leap slam, go with shield charge to proc fortify
    5. i really dont like the lightning nodes at top of tree. for one, theyre super inefficient (like 1.4% dmg each) and two, arc is always shocking on crits. You shouldnt need those nodes to improve shock

heres a version with crit that lets you start scaling crit muli, which is the key to high end boss killing as a spell caster.

https://pastebin.com/JwnZxS1m

gets you above 200k dps, loses 0 hp from what i can tell. this is with your current gear too, so with the below you should see very sizable dmg increases

5. get a cheap wiseoak, balance your res for lightning to be highest and cold lowest (capped). youll penetrate elders ele resists, and take less dmg from his cold attacks
    6. to avoid slow, get a pair of kaoms roots. these boots are essential for non juggs in elder fights (uber included)
    7. rest of the gear-
    doryianis is fine, but if you go crit you can get a dagger that will get added crit multi, lightning dmg to spells, and crit chance for like... 5 c
    ahns is good on a budget.. but you have an inpulsas! Get a good spell shield with crit multi, crit chance, life and res
    mind of the council is pretty okay
    inpulsas is GG
    gaunts have life... and 18% res? You can get a pair of gaunts with 75 life and triple res for super cheap
    boots are good res, but no life roll hurts me. again you can get a pair with triple res and 60+ life, as well as 25-30 move speed (very key for dodging in boss fights) for cheap, especially this far into the league
    amulet is okay, but you can get a dex base one with more life, more res, and +30 dex so you can unskill from that +30 dex node. also very cheap
    rare ring has 28 res and chaos res. Chaos res is really strong, but 44 life??? 28 res??? Brother, get yourself a 5c ring with 70 life, 90+ res
    Essence worm is good for wrath
    Belt has 0 life? And its corrupted? You can get a 70+ life stygian with same res for cheap, then add a nice abyssal jewel with +life and onslaught on kill or something QoL
    life flask is fine, but i like panicked ones better. Search for one that gives instant recovery on low life as well as removes bleeding. the instant heal will save you 100x
    hybrid flasks are bad usually, and this one looks especially medicore. 7.5s recovery period? Immune to poison?
    Mana flask is good for removing chill, but thats it. Get a lavaigas
    overflowing challace is literally only "good" for divination distillate quant farming builds. No bueno!
    atziris promise is GG, but look for one with 15% ele gained as extra chaos. You dont need the phys roll, it will still be cheap
    once you go crit, get a diamond flask that will either remove freeze or curses

Sockets. Once you ditch ahns (you should ditch ahns asap), get ones with 7% max life, and either added lightning damage or better, crit multi. Fill in resists here for wise oak, Skip both fragilities as they are way under your budget (they are for ahns might first week juggs or similar)
    the crimson jewel is okay, but you dont need block spell damage. Improve to 7% hp, added lightning, or crit multi
    clear mind is pretty good

let me know if you want help finding this stuff on poe.trade, and let me know your budget

I'll look into the kaoms...unfortunately with so many uniques in place right now, im kinda gimping myself on the extra mods i could be putting on much of my gear. Just for elder fight might be okay tho.

kaoms for just elder/uber elder/temp chains maps is pretty reasonable, and cheap

Looking into a wise oak now. I actually had like 5 atziri's in my stash, I didnt even notice it had a range on its bonuses, so i swapped out for a 15/16%, which is a nice boost.
    I'm not familiar with the divination distillate build your referring to, I was just using its 40% damage boost in combination with the atziri's to give me a boost on boss fights. looks like the wise oak would be better so ill probably swap that one out.

40% increased damage is okay, but remember that all increased damage stack with themselves

ditching the Ahn's setup will mean losing the perma onslaught which has been my worry for a while. I was playing briefly with Path of building last night and it looks like I'll cut my arc damage by about 21k by removing the ahn's, (so i will need to do better with a replacement shield or second weapon + 2 now free jewel slots. I knew It would happen eventually cause I'm prophecy farming in hopes of upgrading my mirror (yeah i know the odds, but its something to do).

do you need perm onslaught? an abyss jewel with 50 life and 4% chance to gain onslaught on kill is like... 10c? Once you get a stygian you can easily keep up perma onslaught in 99% of fights

The problem I've had for a while with my boots, belt, gloves, ring, amulet is keeping my resistances and my str/dex requirements balanced (Decoy totem/ahns is heavy str requirement.) Everytime ive upgraded something I've mainly just shot for covering the resists I had with a higher amount but its still barely enough. i kinda need to do a replacement of boots/gloves/ring all at the same time to properly rebalance everything. The belt was a cheapo i bought to cover some resists i had after a rebalance.

necks and rings can roll 30-40 str/dex pretty easily and still be pretty cheap. It also will let you drop the +30 dex node. You could probably spend about 50c upging everything and be in a much better spot

I know i use to have cold damage for hypothermia but i must have lost it along the way. The Asendency that rotates through chill/shock/ignite still gets the bonus from hypothermia every 8 seconds or so, but id like to put some cold damage onto a ring or something to get it back more consistantly. Why shock and explode when you can shock, freeze, explode, and ignite?

the conflux only lasts for 4 seconds i think, so vs trash map mods they die before you get a second hit (usually) and vs bosses its 4s of more damage every 16 seconds? maybe try CotB for lightning to col conversion?

I've been saving my abyss gems, just havent had to money to waste on a crafting spree to try and make something good yet.

self crafting can be good; well rolled abyss gems are super cheap atm however

I'm immune to poison now, so the hybrid flask can be replaced, it had pretty high values on both health and mana, which is why i kept it around, but yeah its slow to recover.

i prefer using the pantheon for poison res when i think its necessary to be poison res. freeze immunity, curse immunity, bleed immunity are my go to for magic flasks.

I'm saving up fusings to try and 6L my inpulsa. I only have about 250-300 right now however, If I start running out, i obviously will need to just 5L it again until i can come back to it, which is why im waiting until i get more fusings in case RNG is not with me. Probably just need to cash in one of my ex for a bunch of fusings, but i only have 2 ex in the stash and about 30c. I could sell some Div cards or breachstones I've been holding onto, but I really don't have much in the way of valuable items to sell. I was only able to buy the Inpulsa after a total of 4 ex dropped for me (along with .5ex in Chaos) over the first month or so of the league (then 2 since).

if youre looking to self link, i recommend using vorici benches to up to 24/28 quality. I am not 100% sure if its been proven to increase link chances, but theres been enough anecdotal evidence this league to go for it

I'm a little hesitant to redo my entire passive tree to switch to crit multiplier like you recommend. I'm not saying i disagree with your conclusions its just that, ive been able to ignore crit chance and crit multiplier on items and passives for a while, so It requires a mindset change. Is crit multiplier really the only way a caster is going to put out the dps needed for endgame?

sorry if i sounded dire. i just find that since spells can never miss, going crit is the easiest way to scale endgame dps. EO is very solid on budgets (or maurders). If it works for you, make it work! Theres no wrong way to play

my BV chefitain went EO and it killed shaper, so its def not the only way,

I know how to use poe.trade thanks, I've used it often during my atlas completion runs to buy maps or upgrade equipment.

BTW, Is The alluring Abyss Atziri fight that much more difficult from the standard 'her mask' fragment version of the temple? Cause I find the base temple fight really easy, and am only missing one of the 'mortal' fragments to give it a go solo.

its defintiely in the next tier, and the first uber bosses. Thankfully none of the mechanics really change. The trio before Atziri in uber are more difficult for alot of classes due to their aoe, speed and ranges. They also 1 shot alot of builds.

Uber atziri herself is the exact same mechanics as non-uber, but her flameblast aoe does like 14k fire dmg and covers the entire zone (except like, 5% of corners) do dodging is necessary

J3qcnBP.png
    So, I have an idea for a build, but im wondering if its already been done, or if anyone can see the obvious flaws with it.

Elementalist Voltaxic Rift + inpulsas (Both 6L), with Arc and Storm brand maxed (one in each).

Doing so much Chaos Damage with both your main attacks...is that typically a good thing to go for against bosses or is chaos more just an annoyance for the players to deal with?

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    chaos damage is good because resistance to it is lower and you can use wither totems to get a huge %increase damage for free

obF2Wuw.png
    Its difficult to scale chaos, lots of chaos archtypes have to invest deeply in generic scaling

nothing resists it however, and it can map with the best of them

i think a good way to approach a build is to decide on what you want to do with it

MF? check out TS/KB/EH

Bossing? Check out MS, EH, BV, BF

general mapping can be done by 99% of builds, and if you just wanna theory craft and come up with your own it will definitely work.

specializing is key!

J3qcnBP.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    if hes using voltaxic scaling chaos is easy - all his chaos is coming from lightning/elemental damage/spell damage nodes. he literally doesnt even need to get chaos damage nodes!

obF2Wuw.png
    edited January 2019
    Right. when i first saw a voltaxic rift as an arc witch, i thought...why isnt anyone using that as this build? then when storm brand started really coming out as its own powerhouse, it occured to me how easy it would be to switch from a maxed arc to this idea. it would make stormbrand stronger than enrki's build with the extra sockets. I'm barely using the sockets on my weapon, and could spread out the gems in my shield. I'm sure it could be streamlined a bit maybe for brand and chaos damage but i found only one person on poe.ninja builds that are using the voltaxic (in a toxic rain build). so I keep thinking...why not arc?

Maybe even full arc as arc mines would be more powerful? I'm not that familiar with how arc mines work so im not sure. I have to 6L my inpulsa (then a rift i guess) before i start to play with builds..but even if I wait until this character drops to standard, its something I think i want to play with.

azith28 on
    edited January 2019
    the short answer is that voltaxic and a quiver is much less dps and defence than a conventional caster weapon setup. the chaos conversion gives you a few possibilities for alternative builds - for example you could go occultist, run the curse tree + the chaos res debuff and wither nodes, and a very defensive despair / enfeeble temp chains lightning setup, but broadly voltaxics mixed conversion isnt enough to justify its use for most builds any more :<

could try soulstrike w/ es nodes? but its all a bit fiddly and not quite as good as sticking with lightning, especially now you can abuse huge resistance penetration from so many sources offsetting the lower base chaos resist advantage of chaos eg wise oak mastermind of discord ele equilibrium etc

multiple totems support made wither totems much spicier tho

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    scheck u so smart

J3qcnBP.png
    edited January 2019
    scheck u so smart

thank u i spent many hours building this tower of poe fedoras

llzx5qangns9.png

EDIT: although i bet theres quite a fun infernal mantle dual consuming dark poison + chaos fire spell occultist that would be v jolly although tbh the assassin version with firestorm would be more deeps because assassin poison duration node.jpg :<

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Non-chaos damage as chaos is freakin everywhere this league too. You can craft 10% on a one hand or 20% on a two hand for 8 vaal orbs with veiled mods -- most of the caster builds I've seen use it a lot.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I need help. I'm not sure where to go on the passive tree or how to effectively get there with this build I've been making on the fly. The idea is to just be basically unkillable, as much leech and regen as I can possibly grab using 1h+shield. I've been using infernal blow and vaal double strike to level but I'm not married to them.

pastebin with my life story https://pastebin.com/LzC3Fxxf

fuck gendered marketing
    Elldren wrote: »
    I need help. I'm not sure where to go on the passive tree or how to effectively get there with this build I've been making on the fly. The idea is to just be basically unkillable, as much leech and regen as I can possibly grab using 1h+shield. I've been using infernal blow and vaal double strike to level but I'm not married to them.

heres a pretty rough outline that is generic crit (since you seem to be going slayer/jugg)

https://pastebin.com/CMQv9TX9

the nodes at beginning of scion are only super solid if you do might of meeks/unnatrual instinct

have you decided on a weapon type yet? vaal pact is pretty clutch for Scion Slayer. If you decide on maces, go for mace nodes. swords are best for crit but if you go RT you can ditch most. RT is best for maces and axes, and then u can ditch the crit nodes for more health

J3qcnBP.png
    slayer + jugg= T H I C C S L U G G

obF2Wuw.png
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Oh shit lol

Mathil did the idea of a Occultist Ice Nova FB character I had.... Well there goes me ever doing it.

Edit: I mean not really much of a complex idea just no one was running it.

Jubal77 on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    slayer + jugg= T H I C C S L U G G

You should make an Elementalist/Heirophant build so you can call it the ElePhant.

heres a pretty rough outline that is generic crit (since you seem to be going slayer/jugg)

the nodes at beginning of scion are only super solid if you do might of meeks/unnatrual instinct

have you decided on a weapon type yet? vaal pact is pretty clutch for Scion Slayer. If you decide on maces, go for mace nodes. swords are best for crit but if you go RT you can ditch most. RT is best for maces and axes, and then u can ditch the crit nodes for more health

I like passive regen too much for vaal pact. I want to walk through labyrinth traps and just not care, even with all enemies dead. (I backtrack a lot, not a very gogogo clearspeed player)

what's a might of meeks/unnatural instinct anyhow?

fuck gendered marketing

I like passive regen too much for vaal pact. I want to walk through labyrinth traps and just not care, even with all enemies dead. (I backtrack a lot, not a very gogogo clearspeed player)

you can just skip VP then. slayer overleech is still stupid strong without it

might of meek makes it so all small passives are 50% stronger, while notable (the bigger more effective nodes) give 0.

so using it on the middle bottom scion jewel node (by resists) gets you the 5% scion life nodes to be 7.5% life nodes

unnatural instinct is stupid, it give you EVERY unallocated node in its radius for free, but 0 for allocated nodes

combine the two and you get 50% more effective small nodes... while not having... to allocate any of them

J3qcnBP.png

you can just skip VP then. slayer overleech is still stupid strong without it

might of meek makes it so all small passives are 50% stronger, while notable (the bigger more effective nodes) give 0.

so using it on the middle bottom scion jewel node (by resists) gets you the 5% scion life nodes to be 7.5% life nodes

unnatural instinct is stupid, it give you EVERY unallocated node in its radius for free, but 0 for allocated nodes

combine the two and you get 50% more effective small nodes... while not having... to allocate any of them

ok yes i like these things

jewels are the best

fuck gendered marketing
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    My experience with VP Slayer as both Slayer and Scion is that the leech outweighs trap damage for everything except the Uber lab trials, including trap areas in uber lab.

Heffling wrote: »
    My experience with VP Slayer as both Slayer and Scion is that the leech outweighs trap damage for everything except the Uber lab trials, including trap areas in uber lab.

Get enough leech and you can just stroll through the Uber lab traps.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    might of the meek and unnatural instinct are also $$$$$$$

but what are you leeching from after all the enemies are dead?

fuck gendered marketing
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    More like might of the meek is $$$ and unnatural instinct is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    It's pretty dumb just how powerful that jewel is.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053

Overleech makes it so your leech doesnt go away when youre at full hp

(youre still leeching far after everything is dead)

J3qcnBP.png
    edited January 2019

the way the leech works is like this

each hit you deal goes into a separate bucket, and that bucket drains into your hp at a rate fixed by your leech rate, and when the bucket is empty the bucket dies. the sum of all those buckets is capped at your maximum total leech, which is a % of your hp

the more leech you have the longer the buckets last - and thus if you have slayer overleech, lots of leech and some chmnoky hits the leech can last for fookin ever

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png

You move fast enough, Slayer Overleech is the gift that keeps on giving.