As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

John Wick Chucks An Assault Rifle At A Dude in the [movies] Thread

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Whenever someone says "that's not what so many men and women fought for!" I wanna ask them what they think they fought for

Look, our troops did NOT fight for the freedom to whine! They fought for the freedom of the flight of an eagle, the freedom of oppressing those with less than us, and the freedom of liberty!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    That's a bummer about The Rock but at least we have Terry Crews as a good good muscleman

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Terry Crews could teach The Rock a lot about toxic masculinity.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Terry Crews could teach The Rock a lot about toxic masculinity.

Can't teach those who don't want to learn.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Toxic Masculinity has been The Rock's bread and butter his entire career.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah every time he goes back to WWE he says some racist, sexist or homophobic shit. Sometimes all 3!

He has never been a good person and his carefully maintained PR image would like you to forget that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Is John Cena okay though? I feel like he's kind of an enigma. I can't ever see where he's coming from.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I've never heard John Cena speak about this stuff but he's done more Make A Wish-es than anyone else in the world and seems to care very strongly about community outreach and giving back, so...he's probably fine?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    John cena did that very good ad about the fact that the "average american" is not a dtraight white male, but i dunno what his politics are like other than that

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Is John Cena okay though? I feel like he's kind of an enigma. I can't ever see where he's coming from.

BOOO! BOOO!

I was about to make the same joke.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Cena appears to be a good dude

He refused to work their recent Saudi Arabia show, most recently.

The worst thing I've heard is that he cheated on his ex-wife which is shitty but not something Cancel worthy, IMO

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Honestly the older I get the more I feel like cheating, while shitty and not something to be easily forgiven, is genuinely something you can chalk up to being a stupid mistake (assuming it's not part of a pattern). The other stuff is way worse because it speaks of pretty nasty beliefs lurking below the surface.

• Options
    Cheating is a mistake a lot of people make and the reasons why it happens are usually not known to us.

It's not the right thing to do but it's not evil either. We don't know what kind of condition their relation ship was in when it happened.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Cena seems to have an even more of a carefully curated pr image than The Rock, but I also don't think he's good enough of an actor to fake the genuine stuff that you often see from him.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    GOD DAMN IT DWAYNE
    God DAMMIT

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The Rock being a stealth Republican was kind of an open secret for a while.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Cena is also likely a republican (albeit a moderate one) based on the shit I’m seeing from a cursory google search. Appearances on Hannity back in the Obama years, endorsing Linda McMahon’s run for senate, waffling a ton on a question about how he feels about Trump being in the wwe hall of fame. Stuff like that.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cena is one of those "the party left me behind" types who still want all the same policies that walking pantloads like 45 do and just preferred the time when there was slightly more cover for all the racism

but hey, maybe I'm wildly off-base! that would be great!

in any case he's good with kids and that's worth something

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Cena is also likely a republican (albeit a moderate one) based on the shit I’m seeing from a cursory google search. Appearances on Hannity back in the Obama years, endorsing Linda McMahon’s run for senate, waffling a ton on a question about how he feels about Trump being in the wwe hall of fame. Stuff like that.

Those last two could just be him not wanting to endanger his career. But yeah, it’s pretty unclear.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    on the bright side, at least I don't have to feel bad about the beef between Vin Diesel and the rock now I know who to root for

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Vinny was always the obvious choice

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Never turn your back on the fambly

• Options
    Has Vin Diesel been open about his political leanings?

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Has Vin Diesel been open about his political leanings?

If anybody in Hollywood is a tree hugger...
    MV5BZmJlOTc1MGYtY2ViYi00Yzc3LTlmYjQtMmIyNjI5YTAwMmM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    on the bright side, at least I don't have to feel bad about the beef between Vin Diesel and the rock now I know who to root for

Neither?

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Cena seems to have an even more of a carefully curated pr image than The Rock, but I also don't think he's good enough of an actor to fake the genuine stuff that you often see from him.

The thing with John is that I am not sure it is curated, I don't think he really lets anything out to anyone, its not for show, its his S.O.P. for life. I cant think of a more repressed human who managed to become famous maybe ever. He is nearly a goddamn robot.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I just saw The Favorite and now I feel like I've seen the inside of Daniel Ortberg and Kate Beaton's brains

I think it's probably Emma Stone's best performance? But I'm not British, for all I know her accent is nails on a chalkboard, but I didn't even notice it, what I DID notice is how everyone in that movie seems to be having the time of their lives

Nicholas Hoult was born to be a dandy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Everyone who watched Skins already knew that about Nicholas Hoult

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I was really into Nicholas Hoult’s shoving-based negotiating style

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Glass ending spoilers are out..and I dunno, it doesn't sound nearly as nuts as I was expecting.
    The entire movie builds to a confrontation between the Horde and Dunn, which Glass orchestrated so the world could see that superpowered people exist. And yeah, people see it, people believe it.

And I guess there's also something about a secret society?

I guess it's unexpected cause it moves the universe into full on comic book but eh.

My ending was cooler

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My best friend saw The Favorite and while he loved almost all of it, he said Nicholas Hoult's performance was the best part of it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

Neither?

Why, what did Vin Diesel do?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I missed the purse discussion, but fanny packs are right there guys. They hold all your shit, you can't leave them behind, and you can wear whatever pants you want.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    My fanny's my best feature, I ain't covering it with no pack

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

UK or American slang or both

• Options
    JABLINSKI GAMES

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Gustav wrote: »
    Glass ending spoilers are out..and I dunno, it doesn't sound nearly as nuts as I was expecting.
    The entire movie builds to a confrontation between the Horde and Dunn, which Glass orchestrated so the world could see that superpowered people exist. And yeah, people see it, people believe it.

And I guess there's also something about a secret society?

I guess it's unexpected cause it moves the universe into full on comic book but eh.

My ending was cooler

Well yeah.
    ”the bad guy fights the good guy at the end” is just how a movie works.

We gotta be missing something.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I dont really know why Im surprised that jack black is a huge nerd

of course he is

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

UK or American slang or both

American

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.