As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Why the fuck do people hate Blizzard so much now anyway. Like, they announced 1 phone game that they're not even the primary devs on, and cut funding for an esports scene for a game that wasn't popular.

I imagine all the toxic fans they've accrued from Overwatch are directing the conversation there

there's plenty of those from all their other franchises, overwatch isn't special!!!

Yah, Wow has long had a pretty toxic community IMO. I still have to turn off trade and general chat sometimes.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    jergarmar wrote: »
    I'm a newcomer to Destiny, got it free and then bought Forsaken... so much fun! I always liked games like Diablo 3 and Borderlands with steady progression and fun loot, but since FPS games are heavily weighted towards PVP, it's often hard for me to stick with them. But Destiny's PVE stuff is challenging and varied. Is it too shameful to admit that the Ascendant Challenges are often pretty tough? Ha! I like being able to switch between PVE and PVP, and Gambit specifically is pretty fun. Using hunter with Orpheus Rig and tethering large groups over and over, and dodging to go invisible and pick up motes, is pretty satisfying.

Moreover, some of my friends are definitely getting a kick out of hearing me talk, for the first time, about "recoil" and "reload speed". I'm a bit nervous about exposing my skill to forum-fellows, but I might very well hop into the PA clan. But anyway, I hope it sticks around for a bit, especially after all the recent news.

The Ascendant Challenges can definitely be.... challenging, especially if you're running solo.

Welcome to the Light! You should read some lore if you haven't yet. The Books of Sorrow are a good place to start.

Also, you may need a broom for all the salt.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • jergarmarjergarmar hollow man crew goes pew pew pewRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I'm a newcomer to Destiny, got it free and then bought Forsaken... so much fun! I always liked games like Diablo 3 and Borderlands with steady progression and fun loot, but since FPS games are heavily weighted towards PVP, it's often hard for me to stick with them. But Destiny's PVE stuff is challenging and varied. Is it too shameful to admit that the Ascendant Challenges are often pretty tough? Ha! I like being able to switch between PVE and PVP, and Gambit specifically is pretty fun. Using hunter with Orpheus Rig and tethering large groups over and over, and dodging to go invisible and pick up motes, is pretty satisfying.

Moreover, some of my friends are definitely getting a kick out of hearing me talk, for the first time, about "recoil" and "reload speed". I'm a bit nervous about exposing my skill to forum-fellows, but I might very well hop into the PA clan. But anyway, I hope it sticks around for a bit, especially after all the recent news.

The Ascendant Challenges can definitely be.... challenging, especially if you're running solo.

Welcome to the Light! You should read some lore if you haven't yet. The Books of Sorrow are a good place to start.

Also, you may need a broom for all the salt.

I may or may not have gotten a bit addicted to the Byf lore vidjas.

Oh, and I just did that challenge where the giant knights are chasing you... UGH. I don't think it's even that hard, but I kept making poor decisions as the INCREDIBLY LOUD knights got closer and closer. I almost turned the sound off.

Okay, I'm to the last spinning-rock platform section. Fine, once that rock spins a bit more I can-- GRAWWWRRRGHGHGH. <girly scream> <jump> <glide> <desperate spacebar noises> <death>

jergarmar on
    When I was a child, I had a fever...
    jswidget.php?username=jergarmar&numitems=7&text=none&images=small&show=hot10&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    My BoardGameGeek profile
    Battle.net: TheGerm#1430 (Hearthstone, Destiny 2)
  • HyperionHyperion Registered User regular

Welcome aboard! What platform are you playing on? If you're PC, there's a small but active and friendly group of us playing pretty regularly. Feel free to hop in and join, and you can ask as many dumb questions as you like. We do most of our organizing in the PA Discord channel, you should hop in there and say hi.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Um, you should not be nervous about playing with PA. There are a few people here who are pvp gods, the rest oare somewhere around the top of the bell curve.

And then there’s me, the guy who does crucible 3x a week for powerful gear and is happy if he doesn’t feed the other team.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    What Truth to Power is everyone on?

I've got 5, just want to check if I somehow got behind, or if that's right.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    What Truth to Power is everyone on?

I've got 5, just want to check if I somehow got behind, or if that's right.

will be on 5 once i get around to doing this weeks. pretty sure i haven't missed any so far.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    mWY6wHG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

First sign that Friday comp is going well.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I bet 99% of the people that send angry messages about X gun have secretly tried using X gun themselves since they've convinced themselves it's really the gun and not their own lack of skill and improvement holding them back.

And then, turns out, nope it wasn't the gun it was them all along. But that's inconvenient so let's go back to sending hate mail and pretending we never tried using that PoS scrub gun.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Embarrassing confession time: I don't know how to trigger the cryo-pod heroic event.

I mean, I do. You wait for the gas to appear, shoot the out-gassing vent things on the pod, grab a ball, chuck it at the dude.

But I've thrown up to three balls at a dude before and had him 'resist the effects'.

What actually determines when they get frozen? Is it number of balls? Time? Some damage threshold?

For that event, I remember reading and finding it significantly easier to hit him with the balls by jumping above him and throwing nearly straight down. The only real problem with that is this makes it significantly harder (or did at the beginning with lower Power levels) to solo a heroic. You're just an easy target in trying to hold position in the air above him while already having lost some life to the hazard floor and all the freaking adds.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I can't believe people still send pointless hate messages.

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. This is life.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Unless the bear eats you. Then it’s death.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    tolesto

Your phone had the best reply

"try again"

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Telesto balls are the sprinkles on the bear's favorite treat: guardian cupcakes.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I bet 99% of the people that send angry messages about X gun have secretly tried using X gun themselves since they've convinced themselves it's really the gun and not their own lack of skill and improvement holding them back.

And then, turns out, nope it wasn't the gun it was them all along. But that's inconvenient so let's go back to sending hate mail and pretending we never tried using that PoS scrub gun.

No, it turns out that it was One Thousand Voices. I'm great at Gambit now.
    (Half and half if I'm kidding about this.)

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular

I've never set hate mail, but I've definitely gotten frustrated being beat by a weapon only to get one myself and find out I'm just bad :lol:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

I've never set hate mail, but I've definitely gotten frustrated being beat by a weapon only to get one myself and find out I'm just bad :lol:

This was the story of me and TLW in D1 before it got nerfed into dust

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Blueberry cries in “Tolesto”

I’m puzzled, was he trying to write Molesto or Telesto?

Also just picked up Izanami’s Burden.

Sirialis on
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Blueberry cries in “Tolesto”

I’m puzzled, was he trying to write Molesto or Telesto?

Also just picked up Izanami’s Burden.

I'm guilty of the same mistake, but the Forge is Izanami and the gun is Izanagi's Burden

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izanagi#Izanagi_and_Izanami

Thought I'd share

vq2TEKC.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    TWAB up, interesting Super changes they have planned

https://www.bungie.net/en-us/Explore/Detail/News/47570

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Nah. Sometimes it's just the gun. Like 1KV. Or old Sleeper.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    So they didnt nerf Chaos Reach damage? Phew.

The light shoulder attack Super cost has been reduced by ~85%

Trample can now trigger every 0.5 seconds, up from every 1 second

:eek: those are big numbers.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Most important: Thousand Cut Hunters will now know the pain of Nova Bomb Warlocks

vq2TEKC.png
    We will be changing the matchmaking parameters so that opponents you find in Competitive matchmaking will be closer to your Glory rank. While the imbalanced match can still happen, we believe this change will reduce the number of occurrences dramatically. Players may experience longer matchmaking times as we will try to ensure a good Glory rank match before opening up the search criteria.

I’ll take the long queue.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Most important: Thousand Cut Hunters will now know the pain of Nova Bomb Warlocks

This hurts me

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Beezel wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »

This hurts me

Well now so does Blade Barrage :P

vq2TEKC.png
    Guitar errors could potentially be fixed, in March. Anyways, this is interesting.
    After comprehensive investigation, we currently believe that “Last Wish” GUITAR errors occur when players hit the limit on the number of server-controlled objects within a single area. This issue is exacerbated during the final encounter in “Last Wish,” when encounter-specific objects are left over from the Riven fight. Reaching this limit causes the server to crash, resulting in GUITAR errors for all players.

If the problem is entirely in the Riven fight and isn’t affected by items left in the Vault, then there’s nothing you could do about objects in the Riven space once the encounter is done.

Which would leave anyone attempting Petras entirely at the mercy of luck.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    These Comp changes, if done right, could bring me back into the game. I enjoy Comp but it's a tedious thing most of the time.

Local H Jay on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I just wanna play against players as bad as me. I don't think that's too much to ask.

@Surfpossum here’s the hint Bungie promised to deliver.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    N2obhMw.jpg

Glad I stumbled across that hud-opacity option in the Settings menu. I can take some nice shots now without the experience bar or a bunch of dumb names in the way.

• Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Extra hilarious part from the forum post: "Unfortunately, a string on Level 7 was improperly removed which would have provided additional information."

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Extra hilarious part from the forum post: "Unfortunately, a string on Level 7 was improperly removed which would have provided additional information."

I wonder how many people are confused by the third word in that forum post.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular

does anyone who has been following Niobe Labs wanna explain where the string was missing from?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

does anyone who has been following Niobe Labs wanna explain where the string was missing from?

There should have been a string in the image with the three swords.

ObiFett wrote: »

I wonder how many people are confused by the third word in that forum post.

Bungie using developer lingo :rotate:

For the uninitiated, "string" refers to some block of text ("a string of characters")

vq2TEKC.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Gladd just cleared step 7 of the labs with his group. Pretty cool to see them get the world first, with how much time they put in

Bungie out out a clue a bit ago; there's no way it would.have been solved otherwise. Apparently there was a clue that didn't get displayed for some reason, that had the necessary info.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    So they didnt nerf Chaos Reach damage? Phew.

No real need to, it doesn't stand out without Geomags. I'm not a fan of having abilities that require a certain Exotic to make them great, but as long as it's the case then it evades the nerfhammer.

I'm more worried that the Nova Warp changes will balance it for PvP (completely understandable) but ruin it for PvE. I'd figure a "does less damage to other guardians" adjustment would've been fine.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Surfpossum here’s the hint Bungie promised to deliver.

Hm. Initial guesses:
    With weapons imbued
    Equip energy weapons, maybe?
    Through sights unseen
    It was confirmed that weapons could get hits even if they weren't the ones with sights you could see stuff in.
    Craft truth from the Hand
    Stand on hand, spell TRUTH.
    Return the dials to the crest
    Stay true to the map
    To prove thy knowledge of the family three

No idea. Carry something to each family emblem (hand, fish, butterfly)?

e: ah, the last three [e: first three of the last four] lines were referring to the pre-lab puzzles, that makes sense.
    fucken lol

Surfpossum on