As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Threw a few more tickets at the banner, got a couple more Barrets. Three Barrets plus Tifa should be enough.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I've only got Barrett, so I going to have to rely on friend units for more bonus. I have to build up my ticket stores after KH sonI can't use too many of them. That being said, since I only have the one bonus unit, I can run a good team through LGD and just stomp through it, so individual runs don't take too long.

I'll probably have to do some NRG refreshes with NRG pots to make sure I get what I need

Also, does anyone have a breakdown of what the GL changes for the new units and awakenings were. What are the number buffs on skills, etc.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Global changes here: https://ghostbin.com/paste/rj7dt

• Options
    lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    I've got so many 100% units and so few available unit slots. The Mixer can't come soon enough.

Also too, the last batch of 7* awakenings. Is there any word when they'll drop? I've got a Lila, MS Nichol, PS Rydia, and Emperor Shera all ready, waiting, and itching to go.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I want them to buff Jiraya’s 7* just to surprise everyone. Like change his STMR to a 115 atk 180 mag katana, make his TMR ability increase his modifiers to the point where he’s just below hybrid meta, and give him some bizarre cooldown like adding a barrier to someone and while the barrier holds they get 30% evasion

• Options
    I just need NGJake's 7* to happen so I can turn my two terrible units into one decent one.

• Options
    MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    I have zero bonus units. I really wish Cloud had been one like WKN and such were for the holiday event.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    I want them to buff Jiraya’s 7* just to surprise everyone. Like change his STMR to a 115 atk 180 mag katana, make his TMR ability increase his modifiers to the point where he’s just below hybrid meta, and give him some bizarre cooldown like adding a barrier to someone and while the barrier holds they get 30% evasion

Just remove the dark element so it doesn’t mess with hybrid elemental attacks.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Raid turtles had me 7* 3-4 more people since I keep hitting the gil cap. WTB 7* quests.

Magus` on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I still have 350k more raid coins to use and I will probably be at the Gil cap again. Time to restock tents and potions to burn while working toward gold trophy item wiz.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    I've made 36 7* units and enhanced a ton of abilities. These things have kept me well away from the gil cap. I'm also just accruing Gallean Tins because I always forget I have them.

• Options
    Same, creating all the 7* units i have i’m never over 25 million gil. About to lose a bunch more with Cloud and Sephiroth.

• Options
    36?! Jesus. I think I have maybe 15?

Also I have like 90 maxed cactuars but I don't want to level units I'll never use.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    In the Overall Records section I have 52 units awoken. Sitting at 25mil right now. That's after awakening Sephiroth twice today and fusing them for the STMR. I have a few others I could awaken now (VotF, Dark Fina, Cloud, Beatrix, Nalu, Luneth, Gladio), but I want to save the gil for the characters in the last round of awakenings. Need Nichol, Emperor Shera, and CGDad 7* plz.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Tifas have been dropping like crazy. Did they mess up the drop rates?

What are you trying to do to me? Do you work for Gumi or something?

• Options
    REMINDER: Run the Vault of Hidden Treasures!!!!!

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Tifas have been dropping like crazy. Did they mess up the drop rates?

What are you trying to do to me? Do you work for Gumi or something?

I got mine! It came with a free set of suspenders.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I'm at 60 7* units now after doing Cloud and Sephiroth (holy smokes I dont remember doing 60 but sure game).

Just over 40 million gil. Though that's because instead of TMR farming the last two weeks, I just ran the Chamber of Riches with all my energy. So between that and the raid I went from under 10 million to over 40 in abouts a week and a half.

• Options
    I am only at 33 7* awakenings. I should get a few more with the last batch.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Only 27 7* awoken. i've missed a couple so that could have been higher but I'm still aways out if I want that 100 awoken amount.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Threw another 2 tickets at the banner, because why not. Got Malphasie.

[edit] 18 tickets, mix of 3* and 4*. 5 rainbows. Madness.

[edit] Make that 20 tickets. I'm done now. Really. This time I'm totally serious.

[edit] Actually, looking at my ticket count, I think it's more like 27 tickets. Still... 5 rainbows.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Eh you've got plenty of time.
    Threw another 2 tickets at the banner, because why not. Got Malphasie.

[edit] 18 tickets, mix of 3* and 4*. 5 rainbows. Madness.

[edit] Make that 20 tickets. I'm done now. Really. This time I'm totally serious.

[edit] Actually, looking at my ticket count, I think it's more like 27 tickets. Still... 5 rainbows.

Keep pulling!

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I think Tifa is replacing Hyoh for me as my main physical DPS. It should be easy to find a chaining partner. Her rotation is super simple. Not useful as support, but I never use Hyoh as support anyway, except the one or two times I used his ST dispel. Christine and Barbariccia are my magical DPS. Fryevia is my hybrid DPS. I'm set, until the next big jump in power.

[edit] Though now that I think about it, Christine and Fryevia do significantly higher damage than Hyoh, even though Hyoh is my default DPS. Maybe because there are a gazillion Hyohs in my list? Or because I have Hyoh's BiS? Christine in particular does crazy damage.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I went with WKN instead of Christine. Don't you make me regret it.

Magus` on
  • Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    I went with WKN instead of Christine. Don't you make me regret it.

You're not missing much. When Elly comes around, Christine will be so far behind her she's blocked from sight by the curvature of the Earth.

• Options
    Remind me, can UoC tickets be used for limited units during their banner?

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    Remind me, can UoC tickets be used for limited units during their banner?

Nope

• Options
    But the mixer will hopefully be in play. Not holding my breath for the 5k tickets in GL.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Honestly the power creep in this game moves so quick that I'm not sure if I'll ever spend an UoC, because it seems about half chances that in the time it takes me to build up a good set of equipment for the character in question, they'll already be halfway outdated :P.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    But the mixer will hopefully be in play. Not holding my breath for the 5k tickets in GL.

I'm hoping for them so I can guarantee Citan, but I'm planning for the worst.

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Honestly the power creep in this game moves so quick that I'm not sure if I'll ever spend an UoC, because it seems about half chances that in the time it takes me to build up a good set of equipment for the character in question, they'll already be halfway outdated :P.

Use UoC tickets for the characters you think look awesome. Fuck power creep.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Tanks, healers, and support buffers/debuffers are not powercrept as quickly because there are significantly less of them.

For example, Sieghard will stay a top tier tank for a long time. He will lose out to 5* Galuf (in 6-8 months), but not in the same way that DPS are powercrept.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I've only used one UoC atm. I've got like .. 12 now I think built up. I used my first one one wilhelm. at the time I was running him and basch, and I knew i wanted a tank so I snagged him with the uoc. A rain, m ramza popped up for 7 stars on their own and thus I was set. same for a lot of my support, healers, and dps. So basically now, its either I want a 7* star sprite I like or a dps I don't have for 7 yet. I still need a second TT so I could get her, but I have so much varying dps i don't need her.

So yeah, unless you really need a unit, I think you can sit on your UoC for the foreseeable future to use on other things, from what I've seen.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

Use UoC tickets for the characters you think look awesome. Fuck power creep.

I do try to minimize my usage of units I don't like, yeah. I can't really use the FF ones I love because this is game is fucking terrible at being a fanservice game, but I at least try to keep people I think are alright in the team.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    So, do I TMR farm Tifa or do I wait several months for the raid to get her moogles?

• Options
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    I've only used one UoC atm. I've got like .. 12 now I think built up. I used my first one one wilhelm. at the time I was running him and basch, and I knew i wanted a tank so I snagged him with the uoc. A rain, m ramza popped up for 7 stars on their own and thus I was set. same for a lot of my support, healers, and dps. So basically now, its either I want a 7* star sprite I like or a dps I don't have for 7 yet. I still need a second TT so I could get her, but I have so much varying dps i don't need her.

So yeah, unless you really need a unit, I think you can sit on your UoC for the foreseeable future to use on other things, from what I've seen.

I used one for SBDF to get her whip because it hits all elements as an ability so I can use it to nail all elemental requirements on story missions. Because I am lazy.

Otherwise I will probably save them until Charlotte in case I can't pull her.

• Options
    So, do I TMR farm Tifa or do I wait several months for the raid to get her moogles?
    Tifa moogles will not be in that raid. It will be Zack and Yuffie.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Tifa moogles will not be in that raid. It will be Zack and Yuffie.

Thanks

• Options
    God damn, Tifa's enhancements in JP look nice.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    God damn, Tifa's enhancements in JP look nice.

:winky:

This discussion has been closed.