As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My flgs is selling all their Netrunner packs at 70% off, if anyone is missing any I can look and see if they have it.

I might be interested in some of the bigger expansions

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Do they have Sovereign Sight by any chance?

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Do they have Sovereign Sight by any chance?

I will look next time I'm there.

• EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    My flgs is selling all their Netrunner packs at 70% off, if anyone is missing any I can look and see if they have it.

This still Pair A Dice in North county? I might have to drop in next time I'm in town....

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular

Yeah, if they have the Deluxe expansions let us know. (Order and Chaos etc.)

akirasig.jpg
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    BACK OFF I ASKED FIRST

:P

Endaro wrote: »

This still Pair A Dice in North county? I might have to drop in next time I'm in town....

At Ease Games in San Diego, off Miramar Road.

No big boxes that I saw, just clampacks.

edited December 2018
    I’m just going to ignore the rotation and make decks out of the cards I’ve got

I know it’s not meant to be turned into a board game but with official support going away and a wife that’s suuuuper not into the deck building aspect but loves the game itself I think I can build a deck or two for each faction from the cards that I inherited, tweak them myself as we play, and still have a great time

Maybe it won’t be the most balanced thing ever but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s too much of a shame to ignore half the cards I just got, and playing Sunny is still fun!

joshofalltrades on
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    You can just buy the World Championship winning decks for the last 3 years, FFG sold them as complete decks with special pretty art cards. They're all completely full of banned cards but if you don't care about that and are just looking for strong preconstructed decks they should serve you well.

You can just buy the World Championship winning decks for the last 3 years, FFG sold them as complete decks with special pretty art cards. They're all completely full of banned cards but if you don't care about that and are just looking for strong preconstructed decks they should serve you well.

Yeah I saw those earlier today! Which ones would you recommend picking up? I’m not really a fan of gimmicky decks, I think it’s more fun to have a strong all-around deck that can adapt to the circumstances.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular

Yeah I saw those earlier today! Which ones would you recommend picking up? I’m not really a fan of gimmicky decks, I think it’s more fun to have a strong all-around deck that can adapt to the circumstances.

They can provide interesting experiences as paired decks
    2016 (Whizzard vs CtM) are probably the best balanced play experience and most similar to 'normal' netrunner play patterns as you would find the core sets. Both are well over the power curve for standard decks. The runner deck has a lot neutral staples you'll use in all your runner decks.
    2017 (Hayley vs CI) are good but very intricate decks that probably aren't great for newer players - messing up the plays can be a real feels bad moment (famously in the semi-finals Wilfy (the 2017 champion) took a 14 click turns with the CI...and its not even a combo deck, you can just use its tools for crazy plays). Again the runner deck is good for picking up neutral staples you'll use in all your runner decks.
    2015 (EtF vs Valencia) - Etf is a sold deck that I actually would recommend for new players (though you'll learn why caprice rotating ;)). It plays a standard netrunner game plan. The runner deck is a hideously degenerate negative play experience deck that caused cards to be immediately errated. I would not recommend it at all unless you want the cards.

In order as individual decks:
    2016 Whizzard and/or 2017 Hayley (depending on if you like anarch or shaper more)
    2015 Engineering the Future
    2016 Controlling the Masses / 2017 Cerebral Imaging (if you like NBN or HB more)
    2015 Valencia

You know, the more I look at it... the more I like Crowdfunding? With Underworld Contacts gone (aaaaaaaaaaaaargh), I'm thinking about maybe splashing one or two in my Sunny deck. The 0-cost is very nice, and I can probably easily hit that three-run target with Jak.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Crowdfunding is proving to be super duper strong

It'll wane a bit in a meta with more glacier, but currently it's super strong to the point of being splashed in Val decks atm (though idk if it's worth 9 influence)

Anzekay wrote: »
    Crowdfunding is proving to be super duper strong

It'll wane a bit in a meta with more glacier, but currently it's super strong to the point of being splashed in Val decks atm (though idk if it's worth 9 influence)

Initial results from Lauriepalooza indicate Val with 3 crowdfunding is both best Val and best deck. Current glacier is crumpling to it.

Anarch not really needing influence to work (as evinced by the fact that Val can spend 10 influence on Crowdfunding and Rebirth, none of which are necessary to make the deck work) continues to be an argument for best runner faction.

persona4celestia.jpg
    In case anyone's interested, NISEI's going to be running a online Core Experience (aka single System Core '19 only) tournament on j.net.

Article's not up yet, but it'll be here later today.

The two different swiss rounds will be on January 26'th (1 PM GST) and January 27'th (1 PM CST), top cut on Feb 3'rd.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    was considering trying to buy the rest of the Netrunner sets I needed so I'd have a full game and woof...

surprised at how hard it is to find some of the newer packs for anything sane.

although tbf even the one's amazon has add up to 200 dollars for me to complete.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited January 2019
    Also a new NISEI article showing off the Q2 GNK kits.

I *require* those alt-art Nexus

Playmat’s art from a upcoming unnamed Ashes cycle card.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    6lvhfFb.png

It comes...

persona4celestia.jpg

NISEI MWL update.

PU banned.
    Crowdfunding and Dorm Computer (yes, really) restricted.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »

NISEI MWL update.

PU banned.
    Crowdfunding and Dorm Computer (yes, really) restricted.

Play vs the try-hard Haley with any tag based strategy (ie all of nbn and most weyland) and you'll see how dorm computer is the capstone in that decks invulnerability.

I mean, yeah, fair.

Also, next week the spoiler season for Downfall, the first half of Ashes, starts.

Downfall itself should be out March 18'th.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I mean, yeah, fair.

Also, next week the spoiler season for Downfall, the first half of Ashes, starts.

Downfall itself should be out March 18'th.

Not saying I’ve really seen it myself, but that hayley deck is real strong vs the enter NBN faction so if the MWL peeps say its too good in competitive hands I believe ‘em.

Also woo spoilers, gonna be a fun ride.

edited February 2019
    And here... we... go!

Scoops!

Three new runner resources, featuring people that look... pretty familiar...

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    oh hey I'm in this article :D

edited February 2019
    ...They know things!

*screech* SCOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

Also, article talking about Regionals 2019 is up.

We get some semi-scoops on there, since you get a first look at the new Crim runner (no wonder your mom loves a program more than you, she's disappointed you're blue), and a bit of the NBN ID?

Also interesting that it looks like they're putting base MU directly on the runner ID's from here on out. That... makes a lot of sense, actually.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    The NBN ID alt art is just ACME.

but yeah Az is our new crim

...They know things!

*screech* SCOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

Also, article talking about Regionals 2019 is up.

We get some semi-scoops on there, since you get a first look at the new Crim runner (no wonder your mom loves a program more than you, she's disappointed you're blue), and a bit of the NBN ID?

Also interesting that it looks like they're putting base MU directly on the runner ID's from here on out. That... makes a lot of sense, actually.

Buff to Chaos Theory! I'm really happy at the templating and wording clean up that's going on with the new cards.

Anzekay wrote: »
    The NBN ID alt art is just ACME.

but yeah Az is our new crim

*squints*

Oh, so it is.

Shows how often I play against NBN that isn't CTM.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited February 2019
    New scoops article: Analog Dreamers.

New HB asset and a new piece of Crim hardware.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    New scoops article: Analog Dreamers.

New HB asset and a new piece of Crim hardware.

Psh what loser wrote that article?

persona4celestia.jpg
    Community Scoops week begins!

Starting with a new Shaper program named Rezeki.

Simple and clean, I'll take three for my Sunny deck please.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Three Criminal scoops, courtesy of Trace Five.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOiH7QVqmUQ

*points at Flip Switch*

GIB.

persona4celestia.jpg
    *points at Flip Switch* Cheese it!

And here we. Dead Channel has three spoilers, a NBN one and two Weyland. Link.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited February 2019
    And the scoops don’t stop coming. The new Jinteki ID has been previewed, as well as a couple other things.

https://youtu.be/EwUIkh2B96Q

EDIT: And for the runners across the pond, they announced the Euros Championship 2019. Will be taking place on the 31st of May (Day 1) and 1st of June (Day 2) at the UK Games Expo in Birmingham, United Kingdom.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg