As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Just saw a bit of plausible scuttlebutt* on the reddit that points to the NDA lifting (at least in part) around the 17th, so there's likely to be an outbreak of Alpha footage and official info soon. Hoping for some beta dates and a bit more info on things like stash spaces etc, I know the game should be solid, it's the peripheral stuff that I need answering.

*there's a cover story for an official PlayStation magazine that's announced due to release then

I kind of doubt anyone is going to want to watch alpha footage due to how they combated streaming.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Just saw a bit of plausible scuttlebutt* on the reddit that points to the NDA lifting (at least in part) around the 17th, so there's likely to be an outbreak of Alpha footage and official info soon. Hoping for some beta dates and a bit more info on things like stash spaces etc, I know the game should be solid, it's the peripheral stuff that I need answering.

*there's a cover story for an official PlayStation magazine that's announced due to release then

I kind of doubt anyone is going to want to watch alpha footage due to how they combated streaming.

Yeah. Not saying that I do have any, but if I had recorded video to have a record of my alpha thoughts, I absolutely would not be uploading it to share. The NDA was pretty specific about not recording the alpha footage.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Yeah. Not saying that I do have any, but if I had recorded video to have a record of my alpha thoughts, I absolutely would not be uploading it to share. The NDA was pretty specific about not recording the alpha footage.

hmm might be some stuff from that streamer event in early December though at least. (I hope)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    For anyone on the xbone, if you preorder division 2, you can get a month of microsoft game pass up until January 31st. And nicely enough this is retroactive as I got my code for this the other night.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I'm assuming that's a preorder through the Microsoft store?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I'm assuming that's a preorder through the Microsoft store?

It says select retailers? so I have no idea.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ah. Interesting. Could be a boxed code, wouldn't be a surprise.

The agents in Division two are what wave?

• Options

I believe we are assuming we are keeping our chars from Division 1. So we would be second wave agents. I mean we know there isn't a government, so there wouldn't be anyone to call up a third wave. So NY survivors and possibly new recruits trained by those guys?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Wow. So today as I begun my LZ murderthon with Chains, he dropped The House. :O

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Awesome!

And I guess I was wrong or they changed it but ge's don't have points attached I swear to god they did.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Does the double barreled sawed off count as a pistol or a shotgun for the purpose of those commendations?

edit: nope!

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I believe we are assuming we are keeping our chars from Division 1. So we would be second wave agents. I mean we know there isn't a government, so there wouldn't be anyone to call up a third wave. So NY survivors and possibly new recruits trained by those guys?

iirc they've said it's a different set of agents, but I can't find the quote right now. I assume this is largely to head off the "how do I transfer my character?" and "where's my stuff/why am I level 1?!" questions that would inevitably follow. Pretty easy to headcanon it being the same person though. I know I'm going to try to recreate mine in the character creator.

Who knows, this may all go out the window with the intro sequence where it gets ultra specific about them being survivors from Baltimore or Pittsburgh or wherever

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019

iirc they've said it's a different set of agents, but I can't find the quote right now. I assume this is largely to head off the "how do I transfer my character?" and "where's my stuff/why am I level 1?!" questions that would inevitably follow. Pretty easy to headcanon it being the same person though. I know I'm going to try to recreate mine in the character creator.

Who knows, this may all go out the window with the intro sequence where it gets ultra specific about them being survivors from Baltimore or Pittsburgh or wherever

You can still head cannon they're your new york agent.

Man I'm just getting so frustrated at this drop. I've cleared I want to say over 30+ supply caches, tons of bosses, legendary fucking everything nothing. I'm getting everything but the fucking thompson. I'm so god damn angry there is no bad rng protection for people like myself.

Like I'm pretty sure I never got the thompson previously I'm pretty sure in over 300+ hours of coming back and playing its never fucking dropped for me, that's insane.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    If it makes you feel better, I have a Thompson.

• Options

It does not. Other people have it, other people can get it. I for whatever god damn reason can not. Also when do legendary missions refresh having an exotic cash as a reward? I did all of them last week and so far I can't get an exotic cash from any of them since.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

It does not. Other people have it, other people can get it. I for whatever god damn reason can not. Also when do legendary missions refresh having an exotic cash as a reward? I did all of them last week and so far I can't get an exotic cash from any of them since.

I *think* it's Saturdays. I know it's not the same as the Tuesday quest reset.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options

I was wondering that, would make sense as thats when the dark zone weekly looks like it'll reset. I'm hoping its saturday, if only because that means some more people will be running legendaries again, and for the pitiful hope my thing will drop.

I did see High vallue targets will drop double rewards. But I don't think that's "live" yet as there isn't a timer on it. And if that's just the mission HVT's that doesn't help me as they drop like hildr and eir and I already fucking have those a million times over!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

I have failed you.

Sidenote, have you tried playing at a different time of day? I know it sounds dumb, but RNG for a lot of games is based off time. If you are consistently getting the same narrow grouping of items despite their table including all things equally, particularly with guaranteed drops, that could be why.

• Options

I was wondering that, would make sense as thats when the dark zone weekly looks like it'll reset. I'm hoping its saturday, if only because that means some more people will be running legendaries again, and for the pitiful hope my thing will drop.

I did see High vallue targets will drop double rewards. But I don't think that's "live" yet as there isn't a timer on it. And if that's just the mission HVT's that doesn't help me as they drop like hildr and eir and I already fucking have those a million times over!

Good news is Strike is back next week, so you've got another source of exotic drops from the caches there

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Good news is Strike is back next week, so you've got another source of exotic drops from the caches there

Awesome! I was wondering when GEs were going to activate again.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

I have failed you.

Sidenote, have you tried playing at a different time of day? I know it sounds dumb, but RNG for a lot of games is based off time. If you are consistently getting the same narrow grouping of items despite their table including all things equally, particularly with guaranteed drops, that could be why.

I have literally played at all hours of the day at this point. Like my son was sick on wednesday so I got to grind during the day when I'd be at work.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    There's an interesting video they did about optimisation. Their goal is apparently, if you can play The Division 1, you can play The Division 2, probably at better settings.

• Options

I have failed you.

I have literally played at all hours of the day at this point. Like my son was sick on wednesday so I got to grind during the day when I'd be at work.

I see that I have even failed to give you the faux hope of the RNG.

• Options

I have failed you.

I see that I have even failed to give you the faux hope of the RNG.

I am Eomer, there is no hope here it has forsaken these lands.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Are shield caches impacted by world tier?

• Options
    So my son took a bath for like the first time in a year. And

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/judasdubois/video/67146039

ITS BEAUTIFUL ITS SO GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Praise Be to Rngesus!

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Honestly I feel so free. Its stupid I admit, but because I was so singularly focused I was getting like angry at other things because I was just thinking of different things to get my drop. Like I have a three day weekend this weekend and I was like "ok so finish my weekly, do some dz grinding, do some legendary maybe hvts..."

Last night I just played RDR 2 online for the first time in a week and was so happy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Does anyone have a handy link to a spreadsheet so I can keep track of my extoics? This is probably futile, since I need 5 of them.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Does anyone have a handy link to a spreadsheet so I can keep track of my extoics? This is probably futile, since I need 5 of them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSLzPk1k2EJS0-hr4F8N52UOh-jUpwnYjF-__3EXh7fjFjzgn_Jc3UAM2O3cIHLycnS0Fi-CJLIhkpu/pubhtml#

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/wiki/exotic_items

Neither is really a spreadsheet but you have some options. And five isn't impossible to get, like I swear in my hunt for 1 I got everything all over again.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    So, I think I'm going to wait until I see the achievement list for the The Division 2 before I buy it because I don't think I am going to if it has a Dark Zone or any achievements requiring me to engage it.

Or really, any content that requires me to go there.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    There is going to be a dark zone and probably achievements attached to it. But hopefully this time out they'll be better about exploits/cheaters.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    That's a major downer for me.

Maybe they'll add a functional way to switch phases so you if you can't be bothered with this bullshit while you're trying to kill 40 dudes for the weekly and there's nowhere to go or something.

• Options
    That's a major downer for me.

Maybe they'll add a functional way to switch phases so you if you can't be bothered with this bullshit while you're trying to kill 40 dudes for the weekly and there's nowhere to go or something.

We'll see how things go, the dark zone in div 1 was kind of a failure. They did it better with the man hunts and such, but the damage is still done and its a land of dickery. Hopefully they don't make the same mistakes in div 2.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Also, this stupid commendation for clearing all the landmarks is aggravating. I did 22/25 and going through them systematically doesn't seem to have worked and I have a garbage DZ instance tonight for it.

Oh, on a more positive note, I did MM into 2 random legendary difficulty missions and it was an amusing time. Madison was surprisingly challenging at the end.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Also, this stupid commendation for clearing all the landmarks is aggravating. I did 22/25 and going through them systematically doesn't seem to have worked and I have a garbage DZ instance tonight for it.

Oh, on a more positive note, I did MM into 2 random legendary difficulty missions and it was an amusing time. Madison was surprisingly challenging at the end.

Madison has the legit hardest ending of the legendary missions. Like most waves that lead up to the hardest group to finish.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular

Madison has the legit hardest ending of the legendary missions. Like most waves that lead up to the hardest group to finish.

It does get surprisingly easy if you avoid fighting in the large open area and just lure everything back down the stairs. The boss wave healer is particularly prone to abandon his friends and come down to fight you 1-on-1 if you pop his box and drop some turrets. But with groups being groups they tend to end up in shitty spots up top trying to trade fire with the enemies until they get tomahawked in the face.

• Options
    Legendary though is something that highlights one of my bigger gripes? About like the revamped division gameplay, some of those enemies are just ridiculously bullet spongey. Like hunters at the end of a legendary mission require like full dps from everyone in the group and like extra dps moves added on to burn their health down.

Also that all the legendary missions were just Last Man Battalion. I get because they had the hardest specialists, but its also super boring to fight the same groups of guys.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    yeah I really hope with 2 they focus on more enemies in more effective like groupings, more dangerous abilities that combine together, etc, rather than just guys that are more bullets than man by the time they drop.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Well in the general gameplay they've said they want less player face tanking, and less bullet spongey enemies. Now we'll see how that applies in practice, because early game is always different than end game in literally any rpg.

pleasepaypreacher.net