As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The Rock has always made shitty homophobic, racist, sexist and transphobic jokes. He literally built his career on being a bully. I'm not shocked at all that he's the piece of shit he always portrayed himself as.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    At least we'll always have Kevin Nash being awesome out there.

Dave Batista is also legit awesome...as far as I can tell.

Dave Bautista is also legitimately a far better actor.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

Well he plays to his strengths. But I remember back when he was in Evolution up to his "thumbs down" moment against Hunter he was like the best part of the program. Just animal in the ring, dave behind the scenes. I'm sure were a few days out from finding out he murders homeless people or something.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Well he plays to his strengths. But I remember back when he was in Evolution up to his "thumbs down" moment against Hunter he was like the best part of the program. Just animal in the ring, dave behind the scenes. I'm sure were a few days out from finding out he murders homeless people or something.

You'd think if he had skeletons in the closet, nazis would have found them by now.

Twitch: Thawmus83

You'd think if he had skeletons in the closet, nazis would have found them by now.

I think they're worried he'll come to their house and injure a bicep on them...

Though I recall he may have cheated on his wife once upon a time? I swear I recall some dirt sheet bullshit like that. Though he's probably never been married such is the nature of the carney business.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Batista does have a troubled past with women, particularly having sex with other people's girlfriends and cheating on his cancer stricken wife.

What I'm saying here is remake Silent Hill but it's Batista just Batistabombing Pyramid Head the entire time.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    No, he's been married three times; divorced twice. He and Melina had a fling (Bautista admitted as much in his autobiography), but the timing was apparently such that Melina and Johnny Nitro were not together at the time and it happened after Bautista's second divorce. (As always, there are dirt sheet rumors about it: that Nitro and Melina had an open relationship and/or Nitro was into cuckoldry, and Bautista was not divorced when Nitro and Melina made the offer to him, but the affair ended up ruining his marriage, which was the reason for Nitro's depush.)

Shadowen wrote: »
    No, he's been married three times; divorced twice. He and Melina had a fling (Bautista admitted as much in his autobiography), but the timing was apparently such that Melina and Johnny Nitro were not together at the time and it happened after Bautista's second divorce. (As always, there are dirt sheet rumors about it: that Nitro and Melina had an open relationship and/or Nitro was into cuckoldry, and Bautista was not divorced when Nitro and Melina made the offer to him, but the affair ended up ruining his marriage, which was the reason for Nitro's depush.)

Well then Batista is going to sitout powerbomb Pyramid Head for no reason.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    there's always a reason to powerbomb pyramid head

6vjsgrerts6r.png

WHO WILL TAKE HOME THE GOLDEN CINDERBLOCK? It's closing time and we're finishing up the way Al wants it to be finished up, as we go through the final 4 episodes of Tough Enough Season 1!

Mwx884o.jpg
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/01/the-rock-says-he-did-not-make-snowflake-comments-649723/

Stolen from the movie thread, but it looks like the rock didn't give the snowflake interview.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/01/the-rock-says-he-did-not-make-snowflake-comments-649723/

Stolen from the movie thread, but it looks like the rock didn't give the snowflake interview.

I'm actually super mad at myself for falling for internet bullshit now. I know the dude's had shitty stances in the past, but if I'm going to be disappointed in someone it's gotta be for a thing they actually did and not some fabrication.

Goddammit, this is like those times I fell for 'Viscera died' reports that came out ten years before he actually did...

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    His response was decent as well:
    "I've gained such a great trust and equity with all you guys all around the world over the years, and you know it's not a real DJ interview if I'm ever insulting a group or a generation or anyone because that's not me and that's not who I am and it's not what we do. So to the millennials, the interview never happened. To the plurals, the baby boomers, the 'snowflake generation' - I don't even know where that term came from... I always encourage empathy, I always encourage growth, but most importantly I encourage everyone to be exactly who they want to be."

edited January 2019
    never die wrote: »
    "I've gained such a great trust and equity with all you guys all around the world over the years, and you know it's not a real DJ interview if I'm ever insulting a group or a generation or anyone because that's not me and that's not who I am and it's not what we do. So to the millennials, the interview never happened. To the plurals, the baby boomers, the 'snowflake generation' - I don't even know where that term came from... I always encourage empathy, I always encourage growth, but most importantly I encourage everyone to be exactly who they want to be."

That's cool, but again, he made his career on insulting groups of people. I mean there's audio of him saying "ching chong ding dong that good pie."

Granted this is in the era where Road Dogg thought it would be a good idea to wear blackface as a "parody" of The Godfather sooooo....

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

That's cool, but again, he made his career on insulting groups of people. I mean there's audio of him saying "ching chong ding dong that good pie."

Granted this is in the era where Road Dogg thought it would be a good idea to wear blackface as a "parody" of The Godfather sooooo....

God, the Attitude Era was the fucking worst

ygPIJ.gif
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

I was listening to X-Pac's podcast to hear Tony Khan on there, and his first guest (a comedian) actually brought that up. He just kind of laughed and said something like "Yeah, that was a terrible idea."

xderwsaxganu.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I'm watching Impact and Sami Callihan and Rich Swann are the two guys promoing at each other in the ring. Yuck.

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    Just caught the kota, ospreay match from wrestle kingdom. Goddam, that was hellacious, and I hated kota getting hurt. That's my guy!

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

That's where wrestling gets weird, because that was also the Rock being a character doing scripted promos that he worked with other people on. Even with the notion that the best characters is just your own personality exaggerated to a degree, how do you tell to what degree? How much of what people don't like about the Rock is Brian Gewirtz?

Well, that's one place where wrestling gets weird. There are other places. Lots of places.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    If anyone wants to watch something dumb

Kenny is playing Blops 4 over here (hes not streaming but hes on mic)

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    The rock has made enough “man in a dress” outside of wrestling for me personally not to like him

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

I also encourage empathy and growth and when I see it in other people I can reflect on how I feel about them.

of course him saying one decent thing doesn't automatically forgive anything and everything else but this particular type of statement makes him sound like someone that can learn from mistakes and evolve their thinking based on how other people feel.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Wow, Balor's working the NXT UK Takeover.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Wow, Balor's working the NXT UK Takeover.
    Against Jordan Devlin. It's Undertaker v. Underfaker all over again.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Debut spoilers.
    Alpha Female was shown ringside before the women’s Title match, so she’s probably finally signed.

Also WALTER debuted at the end, making a challenge for the British Championship.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Nirya wrote: »
    Debut spoilers.
    Alpha Female was shown ringside before the women’s Title match, so she’s probably finally signed.

Also WALTER debuted at the end, making a challenge for the British Championship.
    Glad that’s finally happening for Jazzy, she deserves it.

I can’t find myself excited for Walter, he’s bored me every time I see him even when it was live.

2ohWien.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Well
    Walter apparently has a similar deal that was offered to the bucks so hes going to be front and center for a bit

Well
    Walter apparently has a similar deal that was offered to the bucks so hes going to be front and center for a bit
    Well at least I hope that allows Dunne to do more then just be the champ cause I love him.

2ohWien.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    oh I didn't even know this happened. watching now.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    ROH TV taping spoilers
    New stable, Lifeblood

Juice, Tenille Dashwood, Tracy Williams, Bandido, Mark Haskins, David Finlay

Dww9UnxU0AE03kJ.jpg

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    ROH TV taping spoilers
    New stable, Lifeblood

Juice, Tenille Dashwood, Tracy Williams, Bandido, Mark Haskins, David Finlay

Dww9UnxU0AE03kJ.jpg
    Hot Sauce and Bandido for tag champs, please

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Undertaker follows 35 people on Twitter

One of them is Trump

Another is Sebastian Gorka, the white supremacist who managed to get booted out of the Trump administration for being too openly racist.

So uh

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck The Undertaker

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

One of them is Trump

Another is Sebastian Gorka, the white supremacist who managed to get booted out of the Trump administration for being too openly racist.

So uh

And see I hated him because he's a real estate agent...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

One of them is Trump

So uh

Man you should've known what was up when I posted that instagram of the gunsafe he got for his birthday and talked about his "2a toys"

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I mean I've always known he sucks

I did not know he was basically a full on white supremacist

CYpGAPn.png
    edited January 2019
    Finally saw NXT UK Takeover.

That's some good graps right there.

Also watched the Nigel McGuiness documentary. Jesus, that was some heart-breaking shit. Also, WWE, I'm totally down to see more 'commentators preparing backstage for the show' footage whenever you want to get more of it out there.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Flip just hurt his knee at the ROH show and had to get helped to the back

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Hey, remember when RTruth and Carmella won the Mixed Match Challenge, and part of the reward was an all-expense paid vacation to anywhere they wanted?

https://youtu.be/evzk7VuMTz0

https://youtu.be/-OhGmbn8Hd8

https://youtu.be/gArWbDTTXs4

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.