As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All I want for Secret Shamblers is blood [SE++ WoW]

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    The entire purpose of my thing was to race change so gimme that golden dinosaur

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Gonna level a Zandalari Druid, then race/name change my Paladin

• SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Fear not, I would never abandon the moocow way of life.

borb_sig.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Shirls moos at you. Moooooooo.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    they changed the belf leader into Pai Mei so bal'a dash, malanore

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Shirls moos at you. Moooooooo.

mobile agree

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Blizz on Regeneratin', since right now is fucking bullshit:
    t’s worth noting:
    1. These values are not final.
    2. The aspect of this where it is not interrupted by damage is unintended.
    3. We’re discussing it.
    Thank you.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I saw a bunch of shit on Reddit like "Blizz just wants all Undead to pay for race changed because this is way better!"

Do people actually care about most racials? I mean I use my orc attack boost but thats about it

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    People don’t care about most racials because most of them aren’t ridiculous

mkc.png
    If you could heal to full in pvp and raids yeah that would be pretty huge

Funny that apparently it's not a tooltip error then? But no way its making it to live

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I saw a bunch of shit on Reddit like "Blizz just wants all Undead to pay for race changed because this is way better!"

Do people actually care about most racials? I mean I use my orc attack boost but thats about it

The Arcane Torrent shitshow and racial representation at Gladiator level in arenas says that yes, people do care. That say, people really care about this one, because is that OP.

I find it hard to get too worked up about things that will very obviously change, but of course reddit is working itself into a frenzy

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    Where's my goddamn big men and herpes voodoo men, holy shit Not Metzen get it going

feets.jpg
    edited January 2019
    Zay wrote: »
    I find it hard to get too worked up about things that will very obviously change, but of course reddit is working itself into a frenzy

To be fair, these last few months have given the impression that the only way to get a response to feedback (that isn't lawyer-speak) is to throw a huge bitchfit on Reddit.

TryCatcher on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that sounds the same as it ever was

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Dely Apple wrote: »
    Where's my goddamn big men and herpes voodoo men, holy shit Not Metzen get it going
    I know I really wanted them like yesterday

https://www.wowhead.com/news=289645/effects-of-the-season-2-mythic-affix-reaping

Not a huge fan of the new affix further incentivizing burst aoe and stuns, and it seems like it’ll make necrotic even more of a hell. I don’t have any ideas for other 10 affixes, but this just seems like it’ll make classes that are already preferred for m+ even better

The bargain thing sounds cool though

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Will the reaping adds be impacted by things like Raging, or god forbid volanic/explosive?

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=289645/effects-of-the-season-2-mythic-affix-reaping

Not a huge fan of the new affix further incentivizing burst aoe and stuns, and it seems like it’ll make necrotic even more of a hell. I don’t have any ideas for other 10 affixes, but this just seems like it’ll make classes that are already preferred for m+ even better

The bargain thing sounds cool though

I think the cheesiest thing about it (from what little I've seen so far on PTR streams) is that it fires every 20% - including at 100% of count - so that you're heavily incentivized to kill all the bosses before finishing mob count. Which in turn makes certain keys (Temple, Tol Dagor, King's Rest come to mind immediately) at an automatic disadvantage unless you figure out a convoluted route/skips.

edited January 2019
    Javen wrote: »
    Will the reaping adds be impacted by things like Raging, or god forbid volanic/explosive?

Apparently they aren’t affected by and don’t spawn sanguine, so hopefully they won’t have explosives or burst. I can’t think of any special rules for application/appearance of necrotic, grievous, or volcanic, though, so those are probably all fair game. Grievous and necrotic are already among the worst affixes, too, and this just makes them worse. I’d imagine they can enrage, too, but with a smaller health pool probably won’t be that bad

I’ve been thinking about it now and I like the idea of seasonal affixes, in general, but boy I think I god damn hate both seasonal affixes so far??? I’m almost hesistant to complain about it because I’ve found the complaints about bfa so far to be ridiculous and overblown, but I just really don’t like the sound of this affix. Having to deal with it EVERY WEEK just, fucking, ugh

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I *think* I like this more than infested? I can see making good use of dungeon geometry being important for safely corralling the waves, and as a tank I have more agency over that than hoping my DPS kills worms quickly or appropriately focuses on the right mob.

It seems like less RNG fuckery than infested at least. There's a lot of potential variance in times if the wrong mobs get infested.

Have to see how it is in practice, but someone pointed out this means a dungeon essentially has 50% more total trash hp (assuming you have to do all the trash for the final boss, of course). It’s hard to compare that amount to the amount of extra health infested makes, but that sure sounds like a lot! It will definitely be a bit less annoying than when an infested pull gets out of hand, though.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    edited January 2019
    I think also my perspective is coming from the angle of playing shadow priest where I don’t have any good burst aoe really, so lots of low health mobs pulling at once is not fun to deal with. Ghuunies are sort of similar, but their health is so low that typically I could just ignore them and the melee would have them dead before I’d even get a cast off anyway.

Assuming they’re not immune to CC, shackle might be really helpful for the mini boss ghosts, at least. Having no utility for these types of mechanics is annoying when nearly everyone else seems to have an aoe stun

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    edited January 2019
    Yeah the 100% reaping sounds really stupid. I'm hoping people route it in really dumb ways on the PTR that Blizzard doesn't want to see as mandatory, and they just end up dropping it.

Javen on
    What happens if you wipe to a wave of adds? Does it stay there or does it despawn? Wondering if just intentionally wiping to the last wave would be a better option

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Oh wait its only adds from the prior 20%, can't sent them at you more than once

7yh4xczljsym.png
    edited January 2019
    They remain and will aggro the next time you enter their (large) aggro radius or trigger the next Reaping wave.

E: just watched Sloot trivialize a reaping wave using bubble taunt.

Tynnan on
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Im with zay on the fact that this adds 50% more dungeon hp and that's pretty awful. I hate all the modifiers that add HP rather than just rewarding you for being good.

I also think 20% is pretty arbitrary. Im curious to see exactly where we'd trigger each reaping wave in each dungeon, because I have a feeling that we'll definitely be triggering them mid-fight with other stuff. Blizzard talked super briefly about how that's intended behavior because it's supposed to make you think about how you're pulling the dungeon. But then, what about dungeons where there is no thinking (like kings rest)? Do you just get fucked because hey you've cleared all the trash so far and now you're at 79% and the next pack is 5 dudes and there's literally nothing you can do except pull them????

Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Im with zay on the fact that this adds 50% more dungeon hp and that's pretty awful. I hate all the modifiers that add HP rather than just rewarding you for being good.

I also think 20% is pretty arbitrary. Im curious to see exactly where we'd trigger each reaping wave in each dungeon, because I have a feeling that we'll definitely be triggering them mid-fight with other stuff. Blizzard talked super briefly about how that's intended behavior because it's supposed to make you think about how you're pulling the dungeon. But then, what about dungeons where there is no thinking (like kings rest)? Do you just get fucked because hey you've cleared all the trash so far and now you're at 79% and the next pack is 5 dudes and there's literally nothing you can do except pull them????

I believe that the idea is that you have to figure that out and do routes around that. (Or just wait until Method does).

More interesting is the Bwonsamdi's blessing, perfect for those "fuck it, key's depleted" moments, that can get very tiring.

You can’t route around a straight line

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Yeah about half the dungeons this time around are linear or the closest thing to it so routing is an outdated concept.

I still think it's super dumb that the linear path for Temple of Sethraliss nets you 112-122% of mob count if you can't shroud or death run past part of it.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    since the islands changes ive been getting pets aplenty so now I've been having a good time with islands, shocker

I keep getting 2 new ones a week roughly + I had enough islandbucks to buy one of the toys on my hunter while I save for more on my paladin

debating if I wanna grind out the seagull mount. i care about the pets/toys more but its a good bird

basically as the expansion goes on eventually as long as you do your weekly island stuff you should be able to afford the seagull without that much strain.

@Tynnan @Blackbeard7 and whoever else, what time do you think we're doing this KR key?

I'm around whenever, tonight

I'll be home from fnm soonish and can do m+

7yh4xczljsym.png
    SOONISH? It's an hour later!

Good run, everyone

• Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    Did anyone die? I don't think anyone died.

This discussion has been closed.