As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Join us in thread and [Steam] group chat!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    c7prz1wxjg1x.png

I was attacked by a wild @JaysonFour when my back was turned. I'd like to lodge a complaint with management!

Thanks! This looks fun! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Another successful FNG night, tonight the game was Nine Parchments!

@Qanamil @Ghlinn @Pimsy and I were spell slinging young mages who almost looked like we knew what we were doing--when we weren't blowing ourselves or each other up!

Really fun game, like a Magicka-lite, with more forgiving but deadly combat and overall just more friendly gameplay.

It even rates you based on how well you completed the level.

Apparently we had a bit of a civil war!
    AC575C60D8FC245205B8CEDF4F9642112A6C6DA9

One final reminder for tomorrow
    Karoz wrote: »
    Hi all, tomorrow at 4 pm PST I'll be holding Friday Night Gaming sessions for an hour each (possible to go longer since I have the free time).

Friday Night Gaming Steam Group--we'll gather in the group chat there as time approaches.

Games this Week (as according to the poll)
    Magicka 1/Magicka 2
    Terraria
    Castle Crasher
    Torchlight 2
    Monaco

F2P Options:
    Warframe
    SCP: Secret Labratory

Games are subject to whims of players who show up and nothing is set in stone.

I hope to continue this through my school semester, but I'll see. Classes come first after all.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    So I've just discovered that the Steam market is a thing and I'm in a state of mild shock to be honest. You mean to tell me some of these useless dindums I've been getting for buying stuff over the years can actually be sold for (steam) cash moneys? And you mean to tell me that one of those things, that I got for free for pre-ordering Total War Warhammer is worth thirty dollars? I can buy a whole new game for that!

Internet, you crazy.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Sorry I couldn’t make it tonight @Karoz I was vacillating on whether I should go my friend’s funeral viewing because I have a hard time with those things after going through my son’s a few years back, but ultimately felt I owed it to him to go and attend the funeral tomorrow also. I should be able to play tomorrow evening I think though.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Sorry I couldn’t make it tonight Karoz I was vacillating on whether I should go my friend’s funeral viewing because I have a hard time with those things after going through my son’s a few years back, but ultimately felt I owed it to him to go and attend the funeral tomorrow also. I should be able to play tomorrow evening I think though.

No apologies needed and I think you made the right choice. There will be plenty of group gaming times in the future.

I'm looking at my schedule Thursdays may have to start without me/a little later since I don't get out of class till 3:30 pm on some of these Thursdays and that's the start of rush hour traffic which can be miserable around here.

Still I'm hoping to make this work, even if I can only stay for an hour each time but taking these mental breaks are exactly what I need while I do nursing school.

In other news, just recently came across this good looking future game--though be warned, they looked at the rat swarms in Dishonored 1 and said "challenge accepted" so hiding this behind a spoiler.
    k6txpjvbyfbr.jpg

Karoz on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Sorry I couldn’t make it tonight Karoz I was vacillating on whether I should go my friend’s funeral viewing because I have a hard time with those things after going through my son’s a few years back, but ultimately felt I owed it to him to go and attend the funeral tomorrow also. I should be able to play tomorrow evening I think though.

No apologies needed and I think you made the right choice. There will be plenty of group gaming times in the future.

I'm looking at my schedule Thursdays may have to start without me/a little later since I don't get out of class till 3:30 pm on some of these Thursdays and that's the start of rush hour traffic which can be miserable around here.

Still I'm hoping to make this work, even if I can only stay for an hour each time but taking these mental breaks are exactly what I need while I do nursing school.

In other news, just recently came across this good looking future game--though be warned, they looked at the rat swarms in Dishonored 1 and said "challenge accepted" so hiding this behind a spoiler.
    k6txpjvbyfbr.jpg

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    This is also how JDPower works for autos. You don't pay them, they go to the next company.

Chevy has won all these awards for years, and yet they are downsizing (and stopping production of the Volt)

Zebra Corner and Mahk are on the case!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Boom.

wROMLbN.png
    Maybe now I can play another game...

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    So the super-valuble steam market thingy that I apparently have is this thingy:

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Pre-Purchase Warhammer: Treasure of the Old World

Its worth $30 in dollarydoos, which works out at about $22 USD. After some googling, the items that could be inside are worth between $2 and $38, but average out at $17. So I'd be crazy to open it up, right? I mean it COULD be the one worth $38, but it could also be the one worth $2 and my high-school level statistics classes are telling me I should take the easy $20 and not open it.

But I kind of want to though.

• Options
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    So the super-valuble steam market thingy that I apparently have is this thingy:

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Pre-Purchase Warhammer: Treasure of the Old World

Its worth $30 in dollarydoos, which works out at about $22 USD. After some googling, the items that could be inside are worth between $2 and $38, but average out at $17. So I'd be crazy to open it up, right? I mean it COULD be the one worth $38, but it could also be the one worth $2 and my high-school level statistics classes are telling me I should take the easy $20 and not open it.

But I kind of want to though.
    H3m3HmT.jpg

Like the booster packs I sometimes craft and sell, I go with the safe bet of not opening it before even though I might make more money.

A couple years ago, I ended up selling a bunch of Team Fortress 2 items and other game stuff that ended up either heavily subsidizing or outright purchasing my preordering of Dark Souls 3 complete. Alas that I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped but rad that that was an option.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    I have a CSGO cobblestone souvenir drop that is worth about 60 euro. Sure you could get a pretty expensive weapon skin if you actually opened it. But the odds are not that great. So I would rather take the money than the chance of more. Because it likely wont pan out.

I yelled at Corrigan once to not open his cobblestone case and he got a 4 euro skin. Don't be like Corrigan.
    His case is worth about 200 euro unopened these days.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    How do you get these things? Are they just the stuff that appears in your inventory as you play games?

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    -Loki- wrote: »
    How do you get these things? Are they just the stuff that appears in your inventory as you play games?

One way to get things yes. Other things like the souvenir drops I mentioned you can get by watching tournaments via twitch. (after linking your steam account)
    Pre-ordering games sometimes gets you a few items for DOTA/CSGO or something.
    Or you have to buy the items in question.

A lot of items are not worth that much but sometimes you get lucky.

Few years back I bought 9 of these bad boys for €2,50 each because I figured they would go up in price. Turns out I was quite correct but it is a bit of a gamble.
    https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/Operation Vanguard Access Pass

Isorn on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    -Loki- wrote: »

A lot of my valuable items were cross promotional buys games had with Steam/Team Fortress 2 such as buying a game such as Brink in a set amount of time unlocked hats in TF2.

Rarity is the major selling point, but since I haven't played TF2 in awhile the cold hard cash was nice.

Edit: Looks like SMNC items were not marketable.

Karoz on
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Hey everyone! I got a promotion!

I still don't have loads of money or anything due to my room mate moving out end of this month but I wanted to do a little celebratory giveaway of one of my favourite games last year.

Please feel free to enter. It ends tomorrow afternoon (UK TIME). Open to G+T Adventure team.

signature.png

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Reminder, your chance to play one of the best games of all time.

signature.png

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So, I finished Pillars of Eternity. I really enjoyed the game, with one exception. I didn't realize this was the kind of game where you can't continue the game after finishing the main quest, so I left a couple of side quests unfinished because they were too hard at the time. Also, it looks like it was supposed to create a save file before a point of no return, which, I do not see on my save file list. So, that also means if I ever get the DLC, I would have to start from scratch as well. I really think there shouldn't be a reason for you to be able to not continue the game after finishing the main questline. That's really the only negative I have about the game. Other than that, I loved everything about it! I couldn't put the game down after I started, that's how much I loved it! Thanks again to @Orivon for the game! Sorry it took this long to get to it, I'm sure everyone in here understands the big backlog issue :)

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    So, I finished Pillars of Eternity. I really enjoyed the game, with one exception. I didn't realize this was the kind of game where you can't continue the game after finishing the main quest, so I left a couple of side quests unfinished because they were too hard at the time. Also, it looks like it was supposed to create a save file before a point of no return, which, I do not see on my save file list. So, that also means if I ever get the DLC, I would have to start from scratch as well. I really think there shouldn't be a reason for you to be able to not continue the game after finishing the main questline. That's really the only negative I have about the game. Other than that, I loved everything about it! I couldn't put the game down after I started, that's how much I loved it! Thanks again to @Orivon for the game! Sorry it took this long to get to it, I'm sure everyone in here understands the big backlog issue :)

Could you use a save editor to reset the final quest or something?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

They're working on a turn-based mode. I'm waiting for that then playing a new character with all the DLC.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    TheStig wrote: »

They're working on a turn-based mode. I'm waiting for that then playing a new character with all the DLC.

The turn-based mode is for Pillars 2. Although, it would be nice if it got patched into Pillars 1 as well. I haven't continued my play through of Pillars 2 since news of this mode broke even though I'm really early on(just at the first big city you go to after getting off the starting island) since I would have to restart to have turn-based mode active.

Interpreter on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty off the backlog. Yeah I know it's not Steam game, but with the stances Blizzard has taken lately and the meltdown BlizzActivision are having, I figured I better finish it before they sour me on the company completely. WoL is the best one anyway and now I've played it.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    übergeek wrote: »
    StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty off the backlog. Yeah I know it's not Steam game, but with the stances Blizzard has taken lately and the meltdown BlizzActivision are having, I figured I better finish it before they sour me on the company completely. WoL is the best one anyway and now I've played it.

Have I missed/forgotten something again?

Bungie saying "adios" is all I've seen.

Mind you, I generally pay zero attention to basically anything coming out of that company.

Jazz on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Jazz wrote: »

*takes a shot* so it all began before the New Year with a little game called Heroes of the Storm... convention called BlizzCon 2018...

Karoz on
  • Options

The turn-based mode is for Pillars 2. Although, it would be nice if it got patched into Pillars 1 as well. I haven't continued my play through of Pillars 2 since news of this mode broke even though I'm really early on(just at the first big city you go to after getting off the starting island) since I would have to restart to have turn-based mode active.

Ohh I thought he meant 2. I will say it's worth going back and doing the DLC for 1 as it is the strongest content. Really you can use any save after act 2 and be sufficiently strong for it. It does suck that they made it so you can't play it post main campaign, especially since I think it would have been mostly the same except they'd need to add some different dialogue options

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Mind you, I generally pay zero attention to basically anything coming out of that company.

There have been rumblings that the financial department has been getting a bigger and bigger footprint since the takeover. Also the sudden scaling back of Heroes of the Storm and with it the sudden dropping of all the esports support for it that left the people making a living off of it in a lurch.

We haven't seen it affect their core games much yet, but folks are worried.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Sounds like what the hopeful said wouldn't happen to Blizzard in the Activision buyout is starting to happen?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Couple of articles relevant to the Blizzard stuff

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-and-future-of-diablo-1830593195
    https://kotaku.com/with-activisions-influence-growing-blizzard-is-cutting-1831263741

Also Mike Morhaim is officially leaving the company entirely. Previously he was going to remain in an advisory capacity, but that's coming to an end entirely.

• Options
    Very informative articles, cheers @Undead Scottsman . :+1:

• Options
    Gear Girl wrote: »

I could look into that I suppose.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Apparently the game automatically makes a save at the point of no return, so unless you deleted that you should be good. Also you can teleport yourself out of the final area with a console command. https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Console_command

• Options
    edited January 2019

Apparently the game automatically makes a save at the point of no return, so unless you deleted that you should be good. Also you can teleport yourself out of the final area with a console command. https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Console_command

I looked for the save file, I couldnt' find one. I've read of people not having the save file as well.

Edit: Also tried teleporting by using AreaTransition, but the game wont let me, telling me that command is unavailable at this time.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    I'm sure I've complained on here before about uninformative graphics options, so let me praise the RE2 demo for doing it right:

5ncf0iqva8h5.png

It tells you what each option does, shows you how it changes the memory used and which aspect of the picture quality it affects, and even has a little screenshot that changes to show the difference when you toggle the option.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    I'm sure I've complained on here before about uninformative graphics options, so let me praise the RE2 demo for doing it right:
    5ncf0iqva8h5.png

It tells you what each option does, shows you how it changes the memory used and which aspect of the picture quality it affects, and even has a little screenshot that changes to show the difference when you toggle the option.

All of Ubisofts new games do that too. It's pretty great seeing the image alter so you can see if it's a sacrifice you want to make for performance or not.

• Options
    I wish that was standard. Something that also needs to be standard is pausing cutscenes and the option to skip from the pause screen. None of that "whoops I pressed a and accidentally skipped a major scene."

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I wish that was standard. Something that also needs to be standard is pausing cutscenes and the option to skip from the pause screen. None of that "whoops I pressed a and accidentally skipped a major scene."

I've been wanting that to be standard since Metal Gear Solid.

MGS4 finally did it, not before time. But it's still the exception even now.

Jazz on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Well FNG looked to be slim pickings with just @Pimsy and I tonight but we made it work.

First we tried some rounds of Blast Zone Tournament (currently free to pick up) and it's a pretty solid Bomberman rip off with various game modes and up to 32 players which can be bots (not recommended for your first game which is confusing as hell). Partly to chew up time in case more people wanted to join. Alas no dice and no one else showed up.

Well that didn't stop us from falling flat. Human: Fall Flat that is.

It wanted us to solved puzzles. We said screw that and spider climbed our way to victory.

Pictures!

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Seriously, Human: Fall Flat is just so dang enjoyable and Pimsy challenged me to think outside the box.

Also you can now wishlist Moving Out!

FNG UPDATE: We will be holding pre-game meetups to decide on games start at 3:30 pm (Pacific Standard Time) in order to hash out and download which games we want to play before the 4pm start time. Please attend if you can!

Karoz on
  • Options
    Finished Assassins Creed Odyssey (well, the core game, giving it a break for a while). Finally playing Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Say what you want about Ubisofts games, they make absolutely gorgeous open worlds.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    there I was in Steam chat, doing some campaign co-oping with @Karoz in one of my fav games, Total War: Warhammer II, playing as the Free-LC Dark Elf Pirate Cthulhu-Mask wearing bad ass Lokhir Fellheart
    uyX5f1M.jpg
    Unfortunately, while Lokhir Fellheart was single-handily taking down vast swaths of enemies, I ended up getting cut down by snooty High Elves from Teclis
    Dshjm1h.jpg
    VA3VQp7.jpg
    Just then, I was suddenly KEYED BY A MONSTER!
    Tj9ViS3.jpg
    qeRj0IR.jpg
    Much thanks Karoz for the Vampire Coast DLC! <3<3<3
    Now I'm playing as the badass Pirate Queen Aranessa Saltspite while Karoz is the Imperishable Settra
    SQic2ts.jpg
    Long live the Vampire Pirate Mummy Alliance!

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    there I was in Steam chat, doing some campaign co-oping with @Karoz in one of my fav games, Total War: Warhammer II, playing as the Free-LC Dark Elf Pirate Cthulhu-Mask wearing bad ass Lokhir Fellheart
    uyX5f1M.jpg
    Unfortunately, while Lokhir Fellheart was single-handily taking down vast swaths of enemies, I ended up getting cut down by snooty High Elves from Teclis
    Dshjm1h.jpg
    VA3VQp7.jpg
    Just then, I was suddenly KEYED BY A MONSTER!
    Tj9ViS3.jpg
    qeRj0IR.jpg
    Much thanks Karoz for the Vampire Coast DLC! <3<3<3
    Now I'm playing as the badass Pirate Queen Aranessa Saltspite while Karoz is the Imperishable Settra
    SQic2ts.jpg
    Long live the Vampire Pirate Mummy Alliance!

I assume you mean "Alliance". Very trustworthy, those imperishable Mummy's.
    Very.
    Trustworthy.

Speaking of Games Workshop games, has anyone tried out Mechanicus yet? It looks like another iteration on 40K X-Com?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    5a61b060wva3.png

My face whenever I key someone.

Karoz on