As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Huh. Dark Cloud is getting tech that isn’t KH-specific. Good for him.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I hope there's a KH banner. My Riku and Sora have been pretty useful still and I've only gotten Sora's BSB and Riku's USB

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You know, I think phoenix might actually be doable with that infinite relm usb strategy that got posted here a bit back. So much for following the wheel.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Phoenix seems like one of the most reasonable ones to do a primarily damage-reflect strategy on, because it just spews out so much damage, so fast, all the time, in nice convenient AOEs, without any damage reduction on itself. It does self-heal quite a bit though, especially once it gets to overtime, so I imagine you do want to have at least some real DPS.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I have Bartz USB and Tidus CSB. They use Ignis for some kind of buff but I am hoping chain is enough. They also have ruby abilities but I don't need to sub 30. Maybe instead of tyro god wall I should try Alphinaud to add shield in. I can manually shell and protect, have to use wall RW instead of fabula raider. Might be worth trying.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Updating my spreadsheet, looking at that Gogo Bravery USB.

I don't think it'll end up being much use for Belias, aside from being able to have two people be able to cast chain waterja (which may still end up worth it, given the first time he mimics will also be a doublecast, effectively).

What it might end up being quite useful for is the Torment. I've got two people I could try subbing him in for, and being able to doublecast chain Firaja after Terra, adding 10 more count to the chain, seems like it could be pretty strong. I should play around with that thing (and Mog's new USB, for that matter). Pity FF6 drops bravery motes.

• Options
    Could probably outfit him with Ultra Cure and Chain Firaga/Meltdown/Lifesiphon. The latter to be used to increment Brave if no healing is needed. I’d suggest Shellga, but if you’re using Mog’s Twilight Requiem, you won’t need it.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Just to be absolutely sure: Ramza's LM2 extends the duration of the ATK buff portion of his BSB2 from 25 to 35 seconds, correct?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    And Phoenix down ( :P ) in 36.59. as long as I don't make too many mistakes I should be able to run this another....7 times? Ugh.

No chain, no radiant team:
    Wakka - Wrath/MBD, USB1/USB2, LMR, Ace Striker
    Bartz - Stormspell R3/Engulfing R4, USB1/BSB2/AOSB, LM2/LMR, Love's Wake
    OK - Wrath/Entrust, pUSB, LMR, MM
    Tidus - Sapphire Bullet r3/Sapphire Shot r4, USB/bsb2, lm1/2, Scholar's Boon
    Elarra - Enfeebling Jitterbug r3/Spellbend Etude r3, USB/BSB LM1/LMR, DMT

RW: Wall

Magicites: Geo, Famfrit, defensive Famfrit, Evrae, quetz

I popped Geo as soon as he was up, to give Elarra a bit of breathing room. Otherwise the SB gain in Savage is probably worth not trying to constantly break it.

• Options
    Just to be absolutely sure: Ramza's LM2 extends the duration of the ATK buff portion of his BSB2 from 25 to 35 seconds, correct?

Seems right.

• Options
    Ramzas lm2 increases the duration of the atk buff, but it doesn't help with the haste duration. You might be able to get close if you have mind boon on your magicite, though.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Does anyone have experience with Matoya’s USB? I’m trying to decide whether to dive her (with her USB) or Shantotto (w/ BSB and LMR) for my Geocities attempts.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    rattletrap wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience with Matoya’s USB? I’m trying to decide whether to dive her (with her USB) or Shantotto (w/ BSB and LMR) for my Geocities attempts.

I used her (alongside Rinoa's Brave Ultra and Arcane, and Onion's sage mode. Just to put that into perspective) to kill Typhon. In my opinion, it can be pretty damn good if you have the right support for it. (In my case, the support was an Ice chain and Imperil Ice from summoning Mateus). She wasn't exactly capping hits with Abyssal Shards, but she makes up for it with quantity, due to quickcast, chase, and a chance to dualcast.

Here's a tip for it: The EX Mode grants you a turn of untyped quickcast when you use a Witch skill, right? Well, the chase attack that triggers when you hit a weakness, Tceles Nuttob B, is itself a Witch skill, and counts for getting that quickcast. So you can give her Chain Thundaga instead of Sudden Thunder, to use on the first turn after turning on the Ultra. That will be less important after we get the 5-star speedcasting Witch skills, of course.

I personally would advocate her over Shantotto, but I don't have experience with using Shantotto's Trance mode, so it might be good to seek a second opinion about her.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Geocities was made with Shantoto trance in mind. First attack instantly puts her in trance mode. Trance mode is really good if you are trying to do damage at the start of the battle and you usually are.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    And that’s Typhon #4! I’m free!

I also got Tellah’s Last Gasp S off of the daily draw. Been a nice morning.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i put this off for a bit too long

image0.png?width=308&height=546

image0.png

• Options
    edited January 2019
    What Soul breaks did each person have, if you don’t mind my asking?

I assume you had Laguna’s Chain, rather than one of his Imperils?

Edit: perhaps not, since you felt the need to use Warrior’s Hymn.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    warning: whale but this should be obvious by now

elarra usb1
    sora usb/glint/asb
    aerith usb2
    celes usb/glint/asb
    laguna csb/usb

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Whoa nelly.

Alrighty then. Thanks for the info. I clearly am gonna have to try a different tactic myself, though.

• Options
    Personally I am aghast at the amount of crystals that had to die to create three honed snowspell strikes

• Options
    2 are r4 and one is r3

i have r5 of every chain aga, valigarmanda/dark valefor, healing smite, curada, and every 5 hit spellblade and ironfist

• Options
    Great googly moogly that is a stack of resources.

• Options
    you should see my chain agas (3 rank 5 for each element except lolbio)

• Options
    Oof. Just saw a belias clear which I've got every piece but one, and I could get that one in a select, but I don't want to dump that sort of money over something so small :/

• Options
    You'll get more stuff over time; these things will come to you eventually. No need to drop money on this.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So with some 5* Magicite I thought I'd re-examine some old Torments.

I remember seeing this clear: https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8y8jgr/clutch_d_sub30_fft_torment_victory/ several months ago, and thought I could do most it, but I wasn't going to make Aegis Strike just for the extra SB for TG Cid. Fast forward to now, and Healing Smite is a thing, so that slotted in nicely.

Ended up lowering my clear time from 40.05 seconds to 31.5 seconds, which is a big deal. I only have Agrias OSB, none of her Imperil stuff, so damage sort of petered out right at the end, and it went just over 30 seconds. Not sure if I can tighten anything up and squeeze those last few seconds out. It might just be RNG for W-cast and Imperil procs, which doesn't sound fun at all. The struggle continues.

E: Hmm, if I Legend Dive Ramza, Shout would last the whole fight, instead of falling off at 25 seconds. His Dive category is kind of barren, so it might be worth it from an opportunity cost perspective.

Ok, so follow up. I did end up Legend Diving Ramza, but it still wasn't working/wasn't enough (argh). So I did a crazy, desperate thing. My Sub Magicite were pretty standard. Two Evrae, one with Fast Cast, and one with Health Boon. A Seraph with another Dark Resist. A Phoenix with Blade and Spell Ward, for general defense boost.

My main Magicite was Siren, for the party holy boost, and chance to cast Protectga, for Guardbringer's 5th hit. It also had DEF Boost, from previous iterations where I thought 100 extra DEF would help Marche hit 5 hits on Guardbringer without Protectga (I still couldn't get there, even sacrificing a +Holy armor). Since the DEF boost wasn't doing anything, I fed Siren my level 99 Manticore, for 10% Crit Chance increase.

The Bad news: I need to farm four more copies of Manticore (thankfully I hadn't inherited anything onto it yet).

The Good news: I notched my clear time down from 30.5 seconds to 29.75 seconds! Huzzah! VICTORY!

I was basically rolling a TON of dice, and hoping enough came up my way to get over the finish line. The more things went my way earlier, the better, because of a higher chain count and stacking imperils causing a force multiplier making everything afterwards stronger.
    For Orlandeau, Agrias, and Marche, it was chance to dual cast.
    For Agrias and Ovelia, it was chance to Imperil 1 for 15s.
    For Marche, it was if and how early Siren put up Protectga for the 5th Guardbringer hit.
    For everyone it was the new 10% chance to crit.

The variance on numbers was crazy, but I eventually got there. Phew! This one feels a bit more earned, despite copying someone, because I had to make some tweaks and do a lot of practice, vs my FF7 sub 30 which was just mathematically calculated to succeed based on someone else's data.

Execution wise, Orlandeau and Marche's turns were almost synchonized, so almost every time I had to wait for Marche to finish casting, wait a frame for Quickcast to trigger, and then wait ANOTHER frame to start casting, or else I'd miss the Quickcast. Not being able to mash buttons when I desperately want to kill the stupid boss faster took a bit of discipline and focus.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Daily disco - alphinaud usb1

This is my fourth piece of tech for this toon

Probably should level to 99...but I already have so much wind kit

• Options
    Daily five star Genji shield. No SB. That’s a meme item isn’t it?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    its one of the earliest 5* relics

i still have a few of them for old times sake

regal gown, judgment staff, betrayal sword/zantetsuken

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Krile disco on the daily draw. I already have her Brave, but this is nice too!

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

What disco? Overstrike? Ultra? Chain?

• Options
    I don't remember how to clear Manticore, and I think my notes are in the holiday forum. Sigh. I am my own worst enemy.

• Options
    Really unexpected Daily Disco: Kain Chain! Whoa

Finally got a lightning chain! Bummer I'm already done with water Magicites but still. I have most of Kain's other stuff (BSB, OSB, USB, BUSB, LMR), but now I can try doing the Kain Chain Pain Train with his USB/Chain.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Kain's chain also makes his Legend Dive kinda sorta useful maybe, if you haven't dived him already with his USB.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Her first ultra I think? enfire and 2-6 hit chase depending on ability rank.

• Options

Nice.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    oh my God. I tried to do this by New Year's but man it feels good to finally be able to beat him. It took only one restart:
    z895pydbgl5r.png

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Congrats! That's the whole wheel, right?

• Options

Nice.

It's a nice get, but I think I actually prefer her brave. Having an on-demand overflow attack is really good for keeping the damage running on Manticore and being able to knock him out of rage mode

This discussion has been closed.