As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Australia]. Stolen lands often referred to as a country.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    If that lady had told me she was Australian but had been living overseas for a few years, I'd believe her

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2019
    She probably sounds more Aussie than I do at the moment.

Edit: I mean it's not perfect and if I'm listening for it then you can tell it's a bit off, but in the context of a bunch of American accents it sounds pretty plausible.

tynic on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    One of my housemates is flying back from LA to sydeny and his flight has already been delayed 24 hours, and now sydney airport is telling me he's arriving at 10:30 tonight, but all the flight trackers are saying that the plane is arriving tomorrow morning (also some are just saying that the last flight already landed a day ago, and the next one isn't going to take off for 20 hours so)

makes picking him up a bit of a bugger

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    One of my housemates is flying back from LA to sydeny and his flight has already been delayed 24 hours, and now sydney airport is telling me he's arriving at 10:30 tonight, but all the flight trackers are saying that the plane is arriving tomorrow morning (also some are just saying that the last flight already landed a day ago, and the next one isn't going to take off for 20 hours so)

makes picking him up a bit of a bugger

What? All you have to do is be in multiple planes of time and space simultaneously? Is that actually difficult for people?

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Isn't 10:30pm past curfew for Sydney airport? Or is that for domestics? Perhamps your friend should get a message to you as soon as he's on the tarmac so you can just leave then. It's an old trick we use.

yeah, that's what i've asked in the facebook chat. See how it goes when he's back in reception range.

at least i live about 20 minutes from the airport

i have no intention to pay for airport parking

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Sydney airport has a... curfew?

Veldrin wrote: »
    Sydney airport has a... curfew?

yeah because all the flight paths are over so many suburbs, there's a curfew so that they get at least 7ish hours of silence

I was on a plane coming back up from Melbourne and everything was delayed due to a bunch of Sydney storms, such that we were hurried on to board because it was marginal that we'd get up there in time to land. We cut it so close they had to call a bunch of cabs in because they'd all assumed flights had stopped for the evening by the time we got out.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Lets call this, SHOEGATE.

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Someone actually looked at that and thought, "yup, good enough".

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Someone actually looked at that and thought, "yup, good enough".

I mean, who doesn't have two left feet

My dad used to have a pair of the daggy old adidas shoes. Those would be a believable pair of shoes for an old bloke to have. The knock off volleys are ludicrous in many ways.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Can you even BE an old Aussie bloke without a shabby old pair of Dunlop KT-26s by the front door?

Fraser Anning has started his own political party.

Well that always goes well.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm sure it's wholesome, inclusive and has the interests of the people in the forefront of its mission statement.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Fraser Anning has started his own political party.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    My brother tells me it is getting up to 40 degrees. Australia is a country for insane people. Do people walk around in stillsuits?

• CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    My brother tells me it is getting up to 40 degrees. Australia is a country for insane people. Do people walk around in stillsuits?

The heat in Australia is kind of like the racism. It’s everywhere, it’s flaring up increasingly often, the politicians/media like to make it worse, and the worst part is you just get used to it
    while doing what you can in the ways available to you to make it less of a thing.

40 isn't that bad.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I do not think I could live with 40. I would die one way or another.

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Fraser Anning being too racist for the racist parties is... well, it's certainly something.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    AJR wrote: »
    Fraser Anning being too racist for the racist parties is... well, it's certainly something.

If only he could have avoided using the phrase "final solution" when discussing his ideas about how to best "deal with" non-white immigration...

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Dude went to the Nazi rally in St Kilda on taxpayer money.

Honestly the “final solution” shit is just the fucking seasoning.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER

We do have air conditioning here.

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    It's also a very big country with a wide variety of weather conditions.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    pimento wrote: »

Speak for yourself!

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    He's the most blando person on the market and he is literally doing all of this shit for attention. To the point that his media manager got fired for letting it slip that final solution wasn't put in there for any real nazism reasons but for the outrage of having a nazism in the speech.

tynic wrote: »

Speak for yourself!

Ok yes we have air con on this side. I never had it in Sydney.

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Speak for yourself!

I'm pretty sure my apartment was built maybe 10 years ago.
    Didn't have fucking aircon until last year.

It's a split level apartment with the bedroom upstairs and they installed it above the stairs, below the floor level of the bedroom.
    So it can keep downstairs cold but is pretty ineffective while trying to cool where I sleep.

This is apparently a recurring theme as I've talked to a bunch of people with the same deal (in other buildings elsewhere).
    I assume it has to do with where they can run power / some other shit but that seems like poor foresight (doing things on the cheap?) in newish buildings.

stimtokolos on
    Having poked about a bunch of relatively newish apartment buildings when looking for a place to buy in Sydney, it's entirely doing things on the cheap. There's some absolute rubbish out there.

Speak for yourself!

It's a split level apartment with the bedroom upstairs and they installed it above the stairs, below the floor level of the bedroom.
    So it can keep downstairs cold but is pretty ineffective while trying to cool where I sleep.

This is apparently a recurring theme as I've talked to a bunch of people with the same deal (in other buildings elsewhere).
    I assume it has to do with where they can run power / some other shit but that seems like poor foresight (doing things on the cheap?) in newish buildings.

Gotta run a pipe from the aircon to outside so they probably couldn't be fucked getting out a long ladder.

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    My kids have started watching Bluey, and my God it's the most Queensland thing ever, but in a good way.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
    I thought I knew the guy who did the music for that (I don't) but in investigating the subject I found out I do know the guy who did the music for The Happy Time Murders.

Which, hmm.

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular

Speak for yourself!

Gotta run a pipe from the aircon to outside so they probably couldn't be fucked getting out a long ladder.

This or "they can't put a hold in the wall there" were my two thoughts.

To be fair it would have to be a really fucking long ladder in my current place.

Perhaps they should have thought ahead and put it in in the first place.

When I bought my first house it was ~2 years old at the time and it had a light in the stairwell at least 5m from the floor. The light died about 2 weeks in and never got changed the entire time I lived there.

This discussion has been closed.