As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERS

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    anyone wanna smush tonight? I'll be around

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

jeez, I totally forgot

if you get hit by Ganondorf's fsmash now you're immediately teleported to the phantom zone

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Th

That's Brawl, right?

Surely Smash 4 wasn't that slow

dN0T6ur.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Th

That's Brawl, right?

Surely Smash 4 wasn't that slow

you can tell by the graphics that it's obviously 4.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I never actually experienced 4 live so watching a few videos recently was an experience with how people just flew off in straight lines. I thought I was going crazy but looking up even older Brawl footage showed, no, they had decent curves and momentum to their launches back then.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I

Am finally getting smash today

So everyone, prepare to get a workout.

On sunday because I'm gonna be pretty busy whatever shut up

Just as a reminder to everyone, we have a tournament taking place tomorrow at 7PM Eastern!

Ri99yFn.png

Everyone loves to fight.

dN0T6ur.png
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Cross-posting from G&T and Discord: We're trying out a new stage list this week!

Neutral: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Unova Pokemon League

Counterpick: Wily's Castle, Skyloft, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, WarioWare, Wuhu Island, Castle Siege, Mushroom Kingdom U, Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar

The idea here was to maximize variety in terms of stage layouts while also keeping the selection lean enough that choice of bans matters. This probably isn't a perfect list, so feedback is welcome. I'd like to keep refining things over the coming weeks.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    someone @ me if they want to smush. smish. smaish. smoosh.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    someone @ me if they want to smush. smish. smaish. smoosh.

I can in like half an hour if you're around

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    @ me in an hour then.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I should make this weeks tournament but probably missing next weeks instead

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I'll fight for real this time!!!

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'll fight

for my friends

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    edited January 2019
    Anyone around who wants to have some matches now-ish?

Edit: Taken, but I'll have a room up if anyone else wants to hop in

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    edited January 2019
    you know what my dream stupid smash inclusion would be?

mike jones. yes, that mike jones. Startropics' Mike Jones.

Why? For those sick Star Tropics remixes!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mK2SV7Dws

Gundi on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    mike is one of those deep cuts I wouldn't put past sakurai at all

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Sveta from Golden Sun Dark Dawn. She’s a Wind Mage werewolf who can blend into shadows.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    God DAMN Wii Fit Trainer still feels good to play, y'all

Friend code: SW-5854-1757-2783 if anyone wants to friend me for GETTING FIT

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I mean, if you
    you know what my dream stupid smash inclusion would be?

mike jones. yes, that mike jones. Startropics' Mike Jones.

Why? For those sick Star Tropics remixes!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mK2SV7Dws

Who?

I'm starting to feel a bit better baout my Isabelle

Maybe in another few weeks she'll be tourney ready!

dN0T6ur.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    be like Mike

jump and shoot

OjlT3vd.png

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    that's good art, I didn't know MTG still had any of that

Shorty wrote: »

flip around the set that just got revealed, there's some good'uns

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

MtG's art honestly has only improved with the years for the most part, so I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    MtG's art honestly has only improved with the years for the most part, so I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

mirage block was the absolute height of the art for me, and center-frame action realism bores me to death.

it all depends on what you like.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

mirage block was the absolute height of the art for me, and center-frame action realism bores me to death.

it all depends on what you like.

Oh, I understand that, but in such a case it would seem weird to have that reaction to the Catacomb Cros, which is, in fact, basically a center-frame stillshot of a zombie crocodile.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i have reached smash zen

i no longer care about how garbage i am

teach me your ways

broken image link
    the first step to self actualization is to realize how garbage you are, and accept that.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the first step to self actualization is to realize how garbage you are, and accept that.

This was me after I went 0 and 2 in the second tourney we did

https://youtu.be/noFBu2hruKo

edited January 2019

This was me after I went 0-2 in our second tournament
    https://youtu.be/noFBu2hruKo

Speed Racer on
    oh my god there's two speeds!

one got all the dominant genes, and the other got all the recessive genes!

wait, what's that you tell me? that's not how genetics work? impossible!

"hey wait didn't I post that already? Why isn't it showing up? Weird I guess I'll post it again...."

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh my god there's two speeds!

one got all the dominant genes, and the other got all the recessive genes!

wait, what's that you tell me? that's not how genetics work? impossible!

the genetics you learned in high school were all a VR simulation... created by The Patriots!!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

This is just good life advice in general.

EDIT: Actually no it isn't. It wreaks havoc on your self-esteem.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel a bit better about my Isabelle

Maybe in another few weeks she'll be tourney ready!
    Just wanna say, when I've said before that I don't think Isabelle is super good, that wasn't meaning that she was bad. Just that she, at least me, is not above average.

Like how I tend to group characters from worst to best would be like this: (and my opinion on any character is totally subject to change because I am absolutely not an expert and also the game is super new, actual experts are still learning it, and things will be added or patched in the game)
    Unusuable: There are no characters in Ultimate that are so bad that they can't be used, but if there was just an absolutely garbage character it'd be here.

Underwhelming/Have massive flaws: I'd put characters like Little Mac or Dedede here. These characters aren't unplayable but they undeniably have really big weaknesses that are extremely difficult to work around, especially in certain match ups.

Fine: I'd put characters that aren't bad but don't have massive strengths. Or characters that do have good strengths but also big weaknesses. I'd put Isabelle here. Also Duck Hunt, Ridley, Kirby, Pacman... well a lot of characters really. This is a big category for me. These characters are fine, but either are outclassed in their own archetypes by other characters or struggle with lots of matchups, or both. At the same time, again, I don't think these characters are bad, just probably on the lower half of the whole cast's capabilities.

Good: Here I put characters that are either very well rounded with no major weakness, or characters whose strengths ultimately tend to overshadow their flaws. I'd put KRool here, Mario, Shulk, Ryu, the Belmonts, Bowser, DK etc. Again another really big category. These characters aren't the best but I feel like they are undeniably good.

Great: Here where I put characters that absolutely excel at whatever they're designed to do. They can be all rounders that just really have only good traits or characters who have really great strengths with relatively minor weaknesses. Characters I have no problem putting here would be Pikachu, Inkling, Snake, Chrom, Lucina, Yoshi. These characters are undeniably strong, although that doesn't mean they are easy to pick up. Just that someone good can make them crazy good.

Maybe Broken: This is where I would put character who might be so good they are disrupting the balance of the entire game. With the game being so new I am absolutely not confident putting any character here.

So again, I don't want anyone to be offended when I say a character is not good. One: I am not good so my opinions don't matter that much. And two: it doesn't mean I'm saying they're bad. Unless it's Dedede or Mac. Then I am saying they're kind of bad. (but good on you for beating me with them!)

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Maybe Broken: Whatever my opponent is playing

Unusable: Anyone I play

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Maybe Broken: Whatever my opponent is playing

Unusable: Anyone I play

Ah yes, Quantum Tier Theory.

This discussion has been closed.