As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    My experience with VP Slayer as both Slayer and Scion is that the leech outweighs trap damage for everything except the Uber lab trials, including trap areas in uber lab.

Get enough leech and you can just stroll through the Uber lab traps.

but what are you leeching from after all the enemies are dead?

You move fast enough, Slayer Overleech is the gift that keeps on giving.

But that’s absolutely not the case :P

I am slooooooooow

fuck gendered marketing
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    My experience with VP Slayer as both Slayer and Scion is that the leech outweighs trap damage for everything except the Uber lab trials, including trap areas in uber lab.

Get enough leech and you can just stroll through the Uber lab traps.

but what are you leeching from after all the enemies are dead?

You move fast enough, Slayer Overleech is the gift that keeps on giving.

But that’s absolutely not the case :P

I am slooooooooow

Oh well

I only play with 75% movespeed and above *brushes nails on sleeve*

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Man, nearly 40ex T_T

I do plan on liquidating my scion's gear tonight, since I just wasn't enjoying windripping and I don't have enough time to split between three characters.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    He's closer to 50 than 40, lookit all dem chaos

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    4w3Nbh5.png

fug

edited January 2019
    Been grinding Syndicate encounters on Harbour Bridge today. Upgraded 4 breachstones for 100-110c profit each, looted 12 Gilded Scarabs including 6 Sulphite, 4 Cartography and 2 Divination, plus some polished and rusty ones. If I hop around and pay attention I can find some Alva spawns too occasionally.

The tradeoff is I don't level or make Delve progress but I have half a dozen sulphite scarabs now so woo

edit: 15k sulphite from a single scarab don't mind if I do

Rius on
    So those with more experience: Should I keep diving to reach the 200s where the monster level caps out or should I settle on a shallow depth that I have capped light and resist and just go sideways forever?

• Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    4w3Nbh5.png

fug

I think that had probably happened to all of us. So frustrating, I hate lab.

So, I think I'm just about done this league which sucks. I've been dealing with some family stuff and will only be able to play sporadically until mid February. Is the next league expected to start around March? I really wanted to abuse some currency farming from the act 6 safe house stuff.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Yeah I've died from Izaro's leavings before, it's fucking infuriating.

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    re: devling

Depends on what your goals are:

Low Level delving can net you currency by farming a bunch of fossils and resonators for little sulphite, the tradeoff is you get no experience.

If you want to get some maps, getting to depth 239 (ilvl83 starts here) and looking for cities can be extremely nice. The experience gain in delves isn't terrible at monster level 83. You can also find ilvl83 shaped and elder bases from some of the various node chests or in cities as well which can be quite valuable this league with crafting being a bit more accessible.

It's also decent to find one of the zones where monsters drop items 3 levels higher at monster level 83, I pick up all the top tier ES bases in these zones and sell them for 2c each in a short time which seems worthwhile. Sometimes I'll pick up some of the armor and evasion hats but they don't sell as readily as the ES stuff does.

My strategy this league was to get to depth 270 for the challenge, and now I'm going horizontal to find a boss, also for a challenge. Once I find a boss I'll probably just start going down to see what my character can do since I didn't really ever do that in delve league.

My plan is to find and kill an Aul this league since getting down to depth 400 wasn't enough to find one last league

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Yeah I also want to find an Aul, haven't tried that fight

One other ilvl86 base that sells quickly I forgot to mention is jeweled foils

@Rius that white socket favor you did for me is paying off.

Gotta get that purity of fire up for Phoenix because man he just fucking wrecked me without it.

Also, Ruby Flask that took about 20 different whispers to obtain

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

Cruel lab at 2100 hp is... brave

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited January 2019
    White sockets are so easy to get these days there's zero reason not to experiment.

I swapped out War Banner for Dread Banner for the extra defense and the impale kinda boosted my DPS over 1 milly with all cylinders firing, swapped out Chaos Golem for Ice Golem for crit. Woo!

Also this is absolutely my first build over 1 million Shaper DPS ever. My last highest was 400k.

jungleroomx on
    Sweet, then I'll keep on pushing. This nebuloch jugg is serving me quite well down there.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I got tiny's trial in a safehouse the other day and I was not prepared for that shit at all, will take pains to avoid it in the future

edit also I was playing with path of building and it turns out charge traps is giving me way less dps than just like putting in an added lightning or chaos damage support gem which is kind of a bummer

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited January 2019
    Oh sheezie, I just read up on Impale and found this juicy nugget:

When a hit applies impale to a target, 10% of that hit's physical damage is recorded before any damage mitigation is applied.

Hoo doggy.

jungleroomx on
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

When a hit applies impale to a target, 10% of that hit's physical damage is recorded before any damage mitigation is applied.

Hoo doggy.

Physical damage mitigation on mobs is centrality insignificant isn't it? Exceptions such as endurance charges of course. There are a couple mobs which Fortify. Beyond that I'm not aware of much

Mob armor values are something trivial

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited January 2019

Hoo doggy.

Physical damage mitigation on mobs is centrality insignificant isn't it? Exceptions such as endurance charges of course. There are a couple mobs which Fortify. Beyond that I'm not aware of much

Mob armor values are something trivial

"Amoured" blue or unique mobs can sometimes be a real pain in the ass. I have 0 chaos or elemental damage.

Also it really mitigates another potential map mod or delve mod (Phys damage reduction), which tbh I am all about. The more immunities the better, I say!

jungleroomx on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    There is also physical damage reduction map mods and the like that are a pain if you are full phys.

Well I really put my build through the ringer in PoB and bad news is I'm only about 800k maxed out. Still p good and I'm happy with the progress.

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I've determined that running red elder is a complete waste of time. On the other hand I don't have the map pool to just crunch t15 shaped with max sextants etc. so more pointless red elder it will be.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    I was able to get on for about an hour tonight. I just ran the harbor bridge a bunch of times. Managed to get three white sockets in my staff and thanks to Tora I leveled a gem to 20 for the first time. It only took about 700 hours. I'm going to try to do this when I get a chance to get on, maybe once a week. Hopefully I can get a few decent things still.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

The trick was to run around in circles screaming while totems and have the bois kill things. Only took... eight tries?

Carnarvon on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I mean you could get lucky. I got that watchers eye from a yellow elder. I mean it just took several leagues of elders to get one worth anything but you know.

Finally broke down and ruined my Betrayal table and killed Catarina.

That was significantly more difficult than any other boss I've found in this game yet.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    mccart wrote: »
    re: devling

Depends on what your goals are:

Low Level delving can net you currency by farming a bunch of fossils and resonators for little sulphite, the tradeoff is you get no experience.

If you want to get some maps, getting to depth 239 (ilvl83 starts here) and looking for cities can be extremely nice. The experience gain in delves isn't terrible at monster level 83. You can also find ilvl83 shaped and elder bases from some of the various node chests or in cities as well which can be quite valuable this league with crafting being a bit more accessible.

It's also decent to find one of the zones where monsters drop items 3 levels higher at monster level 83, I pick up all the top tier ES bases in these zones and sell them for 2c each in a short time which seems worthwhile. Sometimes I'll pick up some of the armor and evasion hats but they don't sell as readily as the ES stuff does.

My strategy this league was to get to depth 270 for the challenge, and now I'm going horizontal to find a boss, also for a challenge. Once I find a boss I'll probably just start going down to see what my character can do since I didn't really ever do that in delve league.

You can do low level delving basically as soon as you hit act 4, at which point the non-fossil rewards can be p useful

fuck gendered marketing
    Carnarvon wrote: »

The trick was to run around in circles screaming while totems and have the bois kill things. Only took... eight tries?

I was in the same boat earlier this league with mines. I was straight up a glass cannon. Thrines did crazy damage but if I tried to drop them at the wrong time, almost anything would one shot me. It took a lot of attempts

edited January 2019
    Finally had a nice run on The Elder. Got Yoke and Prismatic. Currently afraid to look at prismatic. Want to enjoy this feeling for a bit longer.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Well, I hit 60 last night! I'm now ~10 levels farther than I've ever gotten before.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    I have been working on an Oro's Sacrifice Flicker/Molten Strike character for a few days now, just reached 67 today and Oro's Sacrifice + Flicker Strike is hilarious. I might grow bored of it eventually but for now I laugh to myself every few groups I warp around.

I hit 95 on my Jugg today, which is the new highest level I've ever gotten. I am now on my Occultist, having paid for a spot in some Pure Tul runs, getting 1.6 billion exp per hour in the mid-70s. This is kind of insane.

Not a bad day for me. Got a terrible but well rolled prismatic from Elder which I sold for an ex and then had a doctor drop because I was running Spider Forest because it was the highest level map I had enough multiples of to bother throwing on sextants.

― Marcus Aurelius

I pretty much love my build which I stole more or less from poeninja. I started with cold dot occultist but the genius idea I picked up from poeninja (specifically Dsfarblarwaggle) was to put the "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill" on my main hand. Boom. EE, EO, Eeverything all the time. Amazing.

― Marcus Aurelius

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    hey guys

i think something is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S1hm9ZzW0Y

something is wrong

J3qcnBP.png
    Really should have named that dude GetThonked

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    White sockets are so easy to get these days there's zero reason not to experiment.

I swapped out War Banner for Dread Banner for the extra defense and the impale kinda boosted my DPS over 1 milly with all cylinders firing, swapped out Chaos Golem for Ice Golem for crit. Woo!

Also this is absolutely my first build over 1 million Shaper DPS ever. My last highest was 400k.

Awesome, what's your build? Do you proc Impale from some source other than the Dread Banner? I have been using War Banner for the Adrenaline on drop to nuke down bosses, but maybe for longer fights Dread Banner is just better.
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    hey guys

i think something is

something is wrong

I enjoy that it looks like you're shoveling as you smack him with your weapon.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    hey guys

i think something is

something is wrong

shaper machine 🅱roke