As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Neveron wrote: »
    I've been playing since day 1 and only have 6 characters at Bond 10.

Do note that Bond 10 is both a curse and a blessing. While Bond CE Herc is broken, every battle you bring him into is a battle where you could have someone else gain bond and maybe get you some Quartz.

That's why we will get levels 11 - 15 in a distant future, from what I read?

Im scared to think how long each level will take by then...

It takes a long-ass time, but also you get a limited number of bond unlocking items and each bond level above 10 gives 30 quartz.

But yeah, that's in two years or so.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    If it makes you feel better, I've been playing for over a year and don't have a single Servant at max bond.

I like picturing what Herc, Drac, Cu, and Kiyohime get up to, sitting together in the VIP lounge and never getting used. XD

Waver should probably be joining them in a month or so at this rate.

• SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Just so I can understand the convo, there's a Craft Essence for getting Servants to bond level 10?

I think my highest is lvl3, Martha, so far :).

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Yup, each servant gets a unique CE at bond 10. They only have an effect when equipped to the servant in question

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    If it makes you feel better, I've been playing for over a year and don't have a single Servant at max bond.

I like picturing what Herc, Drac, Cu, and Kiyohime get up to, sitting together in the VIP lounge and never getting used. XD

Waver should probably be joining them in a month or so at this rate.

HJd9aJP.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I’m still using some of the servants I got to Bond 10, because they’re my favorites and I put a lot of resources into getting them maxed.

Sure, that’s bond that could be going to other servants, but I’m not too worried about it.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Selner wrote: »
    Just so I can understand the convo, there's a Craft Essence for getting Servants to bond level 10?

Each servant gives you a special CE for getting them to 10. Generally speaking, they're neat, but in terms of total power, kinfa soso. Herc's is one of the best, due to how the battle mechanics work. It gives him Gutsx3, which is good to begin with. However, if he's the last servant standing, and an enemy kills him, that will finsh their attack sequnece, and then Guts revives him.

So if you're using this against a single stromg boss, they get one attack a turn for 4 turns (using Herc's Guts skill for that last one), while your very strong berserkers gets a brave chain four turns running.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Each servant gives you a special CE for getting them to 10. Generally speaking, they're neat, but in terms of total power, kinfa soso. Herc's is one of the best, due to how the battle mechanics work. It gives him Gutsx3, which is good to begin with. However, if he's the last servant standing, and an enemy kills him, that will finsh their attack sequnece, and then Guts revives him.

So if you're using this against a single stromg boss, they get one attack a turn for 4 turns (using Herc's Guts skill for that last one), while your very strong berserkers gets a brave chain four turns running.

And since Herc has an evade skill and a guts skill that's another two turns of can't be killed while firing brave buster chains for massive damage. He's considered once of the absolute best options for that last slot in the lineup because of that.

I think my only bond 10 is Waver because he's in every party basically. He's still in every party, because everything goes faster with his buffs.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    For reference, the problem with Bond CEs is that generally they're a team buff, usually +15% to a card type, but only give +100 ATK/+100 HP. You don't want to put this on your offensive servants, because they would generally prefer just having a stronger self-buff and more ATK. For example, would Euryale prefer her Bond CE's +15% team-wide Arts and +100 ATK, or 4* Lv.1 Projection's +15% Arts and +400 ATK?

There's a couple that give less generic effects, but they're usually not that good except for some few examples like Herc's. David gets 10% instakill chance per attack, which sucks because instakill is hilariously unreliable. Arash gets a party debuff clear and 5000HP heal when he dies, but you probably want him to have a starting NP CE to help farm faster.

There are some Servants who genuinely have use for their Bond CEs, though, and that's mostly because they're support Servants and thus don't have that much use for the ATK to begin with. Waver gives the party +15% Buster, which is pretty good. Georgios gives the party one-hit invincibility and three-turn damage cut when he dies, which is great for extending his tanking. Martha and Medea (Lily) both have a CE that makes their healing stronger.
    They might still prefer a starting NP CE or NP Gain CE or stars/turn CE or a "get more FP/QP/BP" CE, but it's definitely an option for them.

S. Marie gets 25% Crit Str to party, which sidesteps how otherwise she needs to NP in order to apply that buff. (And you still can build her the slow way to NP and stack it higher anyway.)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Is that better than just running 2030 on her, though?

I guess you could give 2030 to a second support unit but then...why not use TWO 2030

edited January 2019
    BugBoy wrote: »

I guess you could give 2030 to a second support unit but then...why not use TWO 2030

Critical strength and star gen amplify each others value though. And she has both star gen buffs and direct star gen in her skills... hmmm... she plays real nicely with Saberlot doesn't she?

Polaritie on
    Polaritie wrote: »

Critical strength and star gen amplify each others value though. And she has both star gen buffs and direct star gen in her skills... hmmm... she plays real nicely with Saberlot doesn't she?
    Yep, S. Marie already has 10 stars/turn on a 7/3, which is good enough to last through Critical Strength buffs on other people anyway.

And yes, her+Saberlot has been an incredibly nasty combo for me to pull out.

CasGil is more Arts tilted rather than just being neutral Atk/Crit like Marie but because she still has a NP buff, she still appreciates Arts teams a hair more.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I can’t believe there’s more to Crit teams than 2030 stacking

Impossible, I say
    Figuring out good CE lineups is something I’ve been wanting to work on, so this is very helpful

If it's a very short fight, Golden Captures the Carp is also an interesting CE for S.Marie, since she otherwise doesn't have stars on Turn 1. Also might let her get to her NP on Turn 2-3 to set things up as well.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I prefer just using Anniversary Blonde, personally

Carp just feels like a waste to me

My Anniversary Blonde is Level 10, I just forget that Code exists TBH.

Also the Buster boost may not be useful for you depending on what party you're using.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I was just using both during Solomon, though that kind of turn one unloading is rarely relevant.

Usually turn one is just trash mobs presumably there to help generate NP, yeah. The more useful bit with Golden Carp is that you can combine it with Arash or the plugsuit to get more reliable stars on a later turn. (Incidentally, with Merlin this almost completely obsoletes the Anniversary Blonde MC.)

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I've been thankful for this 'downtime' while on vacation. But I've made an achievement...

Bond Max 1 was Cu (Lancer) ages ago... and his terrible Bond CE.
    Bond Max 2 was Nero (Saber, 4*) during Solomon, who actually has a good CE for an Arts Team, but not something you run on her for Backline.

Max Bond 3 was Today.

asnMJcQ.jpg

DOpjAOQ.png

The fact that I'm going to have to wait two years for her animation update that literally just came to JP kills me.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    BUT WAIT! THAT'S NOT ALL!

Max Bond 4 was also Today.

OTmwulA.jpg

1qDgCYL.png

I am ready for his Bond 10 Requiring Strengthening/Rate-Up Quest in the far future. And to... potentially send him against Beasts and watch him still be worthless.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    That website is amazingly well designed. And that tour looks super fun. They're really going all out.

Also, one of the 1:1 scale Noble Phantasms is Kintoki's Motorcycle.

I'm prety sure the large statue diorama might be the "Are you my master?" scene.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Kind of sad that I'm no longer in Atlanta and can't make it to any of the others

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Moon Goddess Lite event coming on the 16th.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited January 2019
    So I got 11 Summon tickets as part of a login reward thing. Those are used on the summon banners, right?

I managed to get First Hassan on his banner, is it worth it / wise to pull on that banner again? Or should I save the tickets for different banners? It looks like a new one should go up this week.

Selner on
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    So I got 11 Summon tickets as part of a login reward thing. Those are used on the summon banners, right?

I managed to get First Hassan on his banner, is it worth it / wise to pull on that banner again? Or should I save the tickets for different banners? It looks like a new one should go up this week.

You already got Hassan out of it, I would save those tickets for another banner.

Edmund Dantes should be available soon, for example.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Definitely save the tickets. I'd skip the Moon Goddess banner, as none of the servants or CEs on it are particularly good.

Definitely save the tickets. I'd skip the Moon Goddess banner, as none of the servants or CEs on it are particularly good.

Good to know. Tickets shall be saved, thanks.

As for getting more tickets. You get them by exchanging prisms, right? And you get prisms for completing the dailys. Are there any other sources of prisms I'm missing?

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    You can burn unwanted Servants and CE to get more prisms. Game should tell you what you get out of burning specific things.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    You can also buy several things in Da Vinci's shop under the Exchange Mana Prisms option. Every month you'll be able to purchase up to five summon tickets, as well as a stack of embers and Fous of both types. If you even halfway do daily missions you'll always have plenty of prisms to throw at these.

Da Vinci will often put up a CE for 1k prisms that's fully exclusive to her shop.

Da Vinci will often put up a CE for 1k prisms that's fully exclusive to her shop.

Those CEs are only worth it though if you buy all 5 copies for 5000 prisims.

Most of the large Prisim counts you get come from farming Events and buying them from the shop. Many have 500-1500 Prisims.

Good to know. Tickets shall be saved, thanks.

As for getting more tickets. You get them by exchanging prisms, right? And you get prisms for completing the dailys. Are there any other sources of prisms I'm missing?

You can also get prisms from events or burning 3* cards. Those are the biggest sources.

As for tickets, you also get them from login bonuses and event rewards.

Ah, there’s nothing like bringing the wrong team to a fight, having everyone get blown up except the supports, and then trying to stall like mad

With the right support units, you can be bored and yet strangely captivated all the way to an incredibly slow victory!

Ah, there’s nothing like bringing the wrong team to a fight, having everyone get blown up except the supports, and then trying to stall like mad

With the right support units, you can be bored and yet strangely captivated all the way to an incredibly slow victory!

The old 'I was just playing Fire Emblem and had the wrong weapon triangle in my head's moment?

This time it was “I assumed this was going to be three waves of weak enemies for my AOE servants to blow up, but it’s actually some boss servants” combined with “I completely forgot to use Invincibility skills on the enemy NPs”

8ysjpndslma21.jpg

Dem Mats. Excited for this rerun.

Also, over in JPLand...

No H-Scene, just 30 Quartz.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    That's 30 quartz per bond level after 10, yeah? Pretty nice for servants you always use.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Me and my five MLB Moon Cells are ready for this event.