As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Tube wrote: »
    There are like seventeen existing versions

I fully expect your next album to be entirely about your dog.

Would buy.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Would buy.

I feel like some musician has to have done this.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited January 2019
    Went away for a night, now the derp dog is adhered to me like glue. His usual 5am "I want cuddles" behavior has graduated from jumping on the bed and putting his butt in your face to jumping on the bed and lying across my knees, which at 42kg I can only assume is a Misery-style attempt to ensure I never leave again.

br2ot056xu1k.jpg

What a sook.
    @Raijin Quickfoot

tynic on
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    So I'm making my wife's breakfast this morning and as I'm standing at the counter I hear meowing coming from...above me? I look up and there's Bruce sitting on top of our cabinets looking very pleased with himself. I guess nowhere in the condo is safe now.

Honestly I'm less mad than impressed he could get his chonky ass up there.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Went away for a night, now the derp dog is adhered to me like glue. His usual 5am "I want cuddles" behavior has graduated from jumping on the bed and putting his butt in your face to jumping on the bed and lying across my knees, which at 42kg I can only assume is a Misery-style attempt to ensure I never leave again.

What a sook.
    "Raijin Quickfoot"

Where do they learn these tactics?

TcX9Df7l.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Would buy.

run the jewels released a remixed version of their first album with nothing but cat sounds called "meow the jewels"

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mine just lays across me like a belt or on top on me if I am laying on my side

edited January 2019
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Would buy.

run the jewels released a remixed version of their first album with nothing but cat sounds called "meow the jewels"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzkkm_m3mVE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS4qVOsJch4

Brainleech on
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    This is Doggo:

co6newa5cbha.jpg

She is around 7 weeks old. She doesn't know how ears work yet. And she is mildly irritated with whoever keeps attaching her tie out cable like that.

Kreutz on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Ears are difficult, though.

(She is so cute homg)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    We've got a house down the beach for a week and we were worried about how to keep the place becoming a filth bucket with three Bernese around, but were relieved to discover that the owners had wisely installed a death trap flimsy circular staircase between floors. Since our dogs have the gymnastic ability of a herd of pregnant cows, we figured this would restrict them to the lower floor, which is easy to clean.

By my estimate it took about twenty hours for this to happen

qie5teant8az.jpg

None of them are thrilled by the endeavor, but apparently when the choice is "climb a staircase you are scared shitless of and often fall through clumsily" vs "be away from human eye contact for up to seven hours" then it's really no choice at all.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    My parents' dog is staying with us while they're out of town so now if you're ever in the kitchen, this happens.

36hgdb4tyqak.jpg

YOU STAND BEFORE THE TRIBUNAL OF DOGS, HUMAN

WHAT OFFERING DO YOU BRING

3cl1ps3 on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I've just convinced a coworker to bring his dog in to work later today.

MY PLAN TO BE ABLE TO PET DOGS ALL DAY LONG IS COMING TOGETHER.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Thread, meet Darla.

a1xgpomeuvgb.jpg

She's a good girl.

And yes, my coworker has a plush Darla on top of his cabinet in the back

Rotties are good dogs. My cousin had one when I was a kid. Very sweet.
    I almost got one years ago but she was 1700 bucls and the pet store lady was insistent on a credit plan which I found fishy.

Lots and lots of rotties in shelters and rescues who need homes!

Lots and lots of rotties in shelters and rescues who need homes!

I'd love to but Lola is all I can handle at the moment. I'm hoping if I find a new job and can afford a house I can add to my dog roster in a yeae or two.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    My partner and I look forward to the day when we move out of our 24th floor apartment and into a house with a yard. We assured ourselves we would be getting a dog at that time, but probably a younger pup so they can learn how to live with the two cats who would own the shit out of him as far as hierarchy dynamics.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    d'awwwww

BahamutZERO.gif
    That bone is 8 months old. I dont think she can actually chew it anymore its just a point of pride for her. We thought she finished it in august but it was hidden in our couch

This weeks stupid dog shit, yesterday afternoon we took the dogs running on the low tide sand spits. And there were a lot of people fishing. Long story short, Ziggy ate a ziplock bag full of pizza dough (including bag) and we're all waiting (and hoping) for it to turn up again.

So quite literally, we're looking for stupid dog shit.

Anyway uschi is no longer scared of water! (As long as there is not even the slightest ripple of a wave)

y6bu1rvakn4w.jpg

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Uschi is clearly an experienced sailor and knows never to turn your back on the sea

BahamutZERO.gif
    Great news! The bag has been passed without incident!

I wish that was the last time I'll ever give the thumbs up to a giant pile of dog shit, but it won't be

Great news! The bag has been passed without incident!

I wish that was the last time I'll ever give the thumbs up to a giant pile of dog shit, but it won't be

How is Surfer Craig?

I like that none of them are on the dog bed

JQItEDsl.jpg

A boy who has never ever eaten or gotten a treat at all ever

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Is it weird that I'm excited at the prospect of tonight's winter storm warning so I can see my doggie in snow for the first time?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Butters wrote: »
    Is it weird that I'm excited at the prospect of tonight's winter storm warning so I can see my doggie in snow for the first time?

No its a magical experience and you should treasure it.

Ive only seen it twice myself. My beagle lost her mind and started snorting snow. My brothers dog was much the same but she was part basset so she had to learn how to traverse .

Mine were AHHH what is this what is going on
    I don't like this quickly goes to the bathroom and runs back inside

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    JQItEDsl.jpg

A boy who has never ever eaten or gotten a treat at all ever

Give that good boy a treat!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Take pictures

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Normally in the mornings I take Uschi over to a local sports oval which is an informal off-leash dog park. If other dogs are there he can romp and be social, otherwise we run in circles around the oval until he's tired.

Today he expressed a desire to walk around the neighbourhood instead, so I let him take me on a tour. We visited many sites of historic import, such as
    - pretty much every tree
    - the final resting place of Dead Cat Friend (who thankfully, through one natural process or another, is no longer corporeally evident there)
    - the big anthill he likes to sit on until the ants bite his butt
    - That Place With The Chickens
    - That Place With The Dog He Has A Crush On (crush fairly one-sided)
    - the bush region where he and Mabel once found a mostly whole kangaroo corpse and he got to eat a whole lot of intestine
    - The Tree Which Sometimes Has A Possum But Not Today

It was an inefficient route but I feel like I learned a lot about his priorities.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Uschi living his best https://twitter.com/A_single_bear life.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Conked out

0jkqrzj9b5yd.jpg

I want to lay in the middle of that floor.

edited January 2019
    You’d instantly get 110kg of blundering dog love all over you.

Which is no bad thing.

Edit: if it's hot, a friend with air conditioning picks uschi up and takes him overnight. She usually turns up at 4. Today she was over ten minutes late, nevertheless usch heaved himself out of a deep slumber at 3.59 on the dot to go and stare out the window next to the door.

I am constantly astonished by his time keeping ability, given he doesn't exactly hold down a 9-5 or anything.

tynic on
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Would I get to use / keep that pillow?

edited January 2019
    How come Uschi gets aircon and Mabel and Ziggy don't? Seems downright criminally unfair!

QrlhVZMl.jpg

Behold, the tragedy of a dog who was given a biscuit, threw it under the sofa IMMEDIATELY, barked at it until I recovered it for him, and then jumped on to my bed and walked over to the bedside table and started drinking my water from my glass instead of his own water.

E: he has TWO DIFFERENT WATER GLASSES in two different rooms which I refresh with cold water all the time, fyi

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    How come Uschi gets aircon and Mabel and Ziggy don't? Seems downright criminally unfair!

Because he’s a BIG WHINY BABY and also she has a small place and can’t fit the three of them, and being a colleague of my fathers she knows Uschi better than the other two.