As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Firesweep and Null-C work together!

On offense it's works like it normally does, enemy unit cannot counter; on defense your unit can now counter.

You can run Firesweep Distant Counter Null-C Soleil etc.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Firesweep and Null-C work together!

On offense it's works like it normally does, enemy unit cannot counter; on defense your unit can now counter.

You can run Firesweep Distant Counter Null-C Soleil etc.

This is delightful bullshit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    It took me a lot of orbs but I finally got everyone. Managed to pull a +ATK Tebarn so that is awesome. The only Nailah I pulled was +SPD/-ATK which is probably a decent *boon* for her, so if I can pull a second copy I can nullify that bane with a merge (at least one those changes go in next month). I still gotta spend all the summon tickets from Forging Bonds and stuff, so I'm just waiting to try for more until I can build up some orbs/tickets. The two Herons were meh IVs but they are dancers so who the hell cares.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I just started playing this because I'm obsessed with Corrin and I heard she's in this game

.....it seems fun so far

It's a fun game. Personally the non-rng combat is a marked improvement from actual FE gameplay for me.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Wait, Hel's Scythe is basically a range 1 prf bolt axe. We could have Levin sword alt Robin now.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Forging Bonds after 3 stam pots: 744/521/743/0

jesus could I get even a single point on Nailah pls

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I just spent 300 orbs and got pity-broken on blue four times in a row.

On the bright side, two of those pity-broken coughed up Tibarns (who I was not otherwise pulling for, and one of whom was +ATK/-RES) and I finally got a Leanne at the very end (+SPD/-ATK, which I'm not sure is better than neutral).

Still want Nailah, though.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    edited January 2019
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Forging Bonds after 3 stam pots: 744/521/743/0

jesus could I get even a single point on Nailah pls

Mine refuses to give me Reyson points. It's annoying. I finally got him up to 400ish recently.

As a side note, I want to play more but wasted all my stamina potions pushing top rank in Tempest Trials T_T (they didn't make it easy this time... just barely cracked 900ish with 10 mins to spare). I actually ended up spending a single orb to restore stamina before I remembered, oh yeah, you can get them for free on My Nintendo. So I bought a bunch there with the dumb useless platinum coins, but now I'm kinda back down to none left :/ I blame them for doing two Tempest Trials back-to-back like that :P

I could get like maybe two more from My Nintendo but then I have no platinum coins, which is maybe fine because My Nintendo is worthless garbage, but I dunno...

Edit: Ok, there were a bunch of "click random shit on our product pages and earn platinum points" things I hadn't done, so that gave me a couple hundred more. Three more stam potions should cover me until they start giving them out again (I assume Grand Conquest will be the next big source...)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Heeeey guess who didn't realize having multiple light blessed units means getting even higher aether score.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I've got 2 Nailahs. +HP -DF, and -SPD +RES. Even with the merge changes, those aren't great. This is complicated by the fact that she's amazing as fodder, so I'm really torn. I've given her the Flashing Blade seal, but I'm still trying to decide if she's actually good or not. I've had her in my Forging Bonds team, and she routinely fails to one-shot units that it seems like she ought to.

edited January 2019
    +res is a pretty nice choice if you want her for baiting razzle dazzlers and it also happens to be a super boon too. That puts her at 27 res with 3 allies in 2 spaces, 33 with a buff, 39 with a DD seal.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Finally pulled a tibarn and he's +atk/-res to boot!

camo_sig.png
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    +res is a pretty nice choice if you want her for baiting razzle dazzlers and it also happens to be a super boon too. That puts her at 33 res with 3 allies in 2 spaces, 39 with a buff, 45 with a DD seal.

My Nailah is + res -spd too. Unfortunately her weapon only increases her atk/spd when allies are close, not defenses.

As a result she does tend to feel a bit frail. Even with deflect magic and +res I do not think she would be able to tank a Reinhardt and Veronica in the same turn, for instance.

I have the same dilemma as Delzhand only my second is +HP -Atk. I'm leaning towards inheriting the second to micaiah so she can murder rein and Veronica and non brave versions of Lyn.

Ooops, for some reason I remembered it as being an owl tome.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    ~140 orbs netted a +ATK/-HP Leanne, a +ATK/-RES Airlivia to replace my -ATK one, and a +SPD/-DEF Nailah. Tempted to chase Tibarn but I can feel the law of averages waiting to punish me, so I think I'll wait 'til the end of the banner and see what else crops up.

Definitely see myself getting screwed by forgetting about laguz movement/legendary Azura + Nailah on some aether raids.

Also, I love Leanne and Reyson's art and the way they look radiant compared to everyone else.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I like Nailah... But I do not like her wolf sprite. It doesn’t turn to face its foes; sometimes she attacks with her butt.

It just looks weird

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Had terrible luck on this banner. Blew tons of orbs, only got Leanne as far as focus units go. (Got an off-focus dream-cult Camilla though, which is...interesting.)

It's a good thing I already wanted Nintendo to have all my money!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    edited January 2019
    So is it me or is 2x friendship on Forging Bonds waaaaay more common this time? I feel like a good 80-90% of the time I go to do it it's 2x, and the rest of the time it's 1.5x. Not sure I've even seen 1x (maybe once?). I wonder if they boosted the amount of good bonus rounds to make it less tedious for people.

It's a shame I don't have the stamina potions left to spam it like I'd want, but I'm excited for the grails. Those + Aether raid season grails will get me another Aversa merge

Edit: Ohhh interesting. Light Blessings now give bonus score in Arena Assault. I tried them out when they first came out and they didn't, but I was curious with this whole "Legendary Heroes get Mythic bonuses and vice versa" thing. Sent a team of 4 light blessed heroes in, +4 points after the match. Woo, that's nice.

Warlock82 on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Hmmmm. I'm....a bit overwhelmed.

I have basically been grinding story modes for orbs, then using them on banners when I have either 15 (on free banners) or 20 (on not free banners).

I've got about 45 ish heroes....do I just level everyone up? What do I do with these little 3* heroes I've pulled?

I've read a few...skill builds I guess, and it seems like the goal is to get a bunch of heroes, level up the skills on them you want and transfer those skills to your main dudes?

Am I on the right path?

If so, also what's the best way to get orbs without paying money?

Man, my Nailah has just been chewing up Aether Raids in most satisfying fashion. Just faced a 6 man defense with 2 firesweep users (bow and Lance) and a Veronica!! Nailah ate all 3, with a small 10 pt heal assist from Eir in between turns. She made a maddening map so much easier. Love that skill.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

I have basically been grinding story modes for orbs, then using them on banners when I have either 15 (on free banners) or 20 (on not free banners).

I've got about 45 ish heroes....do I just level everyone up? What do I do with these little 3* heroes I've pulled?

I've read a few...skill builds I guess, and it seems like the goal is to get a bunch of heroes, level up the skills on them you want and transfer those skills to your main dudes?

Am I on the right path?

For orbs, the major options are:
    Map completion bonuses. Story maps, challenges, whatever. Most stuff gives orbs on first clear.
    Quests give regular orbs. Most are predictable.
    Events all give orbs somehow as well.
    Arena gives weekly orbs for running it, it's reasonably easy to float at 3/week.

For heroes, they mostly fall under three categories.
    Some heroes have neither good skills nor good stats and are just ignorable.
    Most heroes have at least some useful skill or other that can be inherited off them at 4 or 5*, ones you can get rank 3 at 4* are preferable bexause its way cheaper on orbs.
    The rest are people with really good stats or non-inheritable skills, and you tend to unherit more skills onto them as needed to build up a team.

3* heroes are often fodder for skills, but plenty of strong units come as 3*. As an example, Cherche is an absolute monster if you build her up (and doesn"t need much investment now that you can just use her unique weapon).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Ran into a 5 staff team today. Nailah had a field day.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Arch wrote: »

Am I on the right path?

Some 3*/4* heroes have extremely high-tier potential. Adult Tiki, Nowi, Fae, Reinhardt, and Nino immediately spring to my mind. I run Caeda and Camilla, who are also very strong but their strength lies in strong synergy for flier teams and specifically hunting armor units rather than general purpose performance. You should consider using feathers to promote some good 3*/4* units to 5* units.

If your intent is to sacrifice a unit to have someone else inherit its skills, then you don't need to level up the sacrificial unit.

Stop spending your orbs as soon as you get them. If you just want more 5* units, then wait for the monthly legendary banner since they have better rates. If you want to pull a specific unit from the banner, then you generally need ~150+ orbs to hit the mean number of orbs to pull the target when color sniping. That number varies a lot depending on the composition of the banner and the color of the target.

Do all the things to get orbs. Particularly stuff like tempest trials, arena participation, quests, special battles, etc.

A couple more points. Consider building dragon-emblem, a dragon focused team. It's low rarity components of Adult Tiki, Nowi, and Fae are all common and solid units. You can upgrade them with some very potent bells and whistles later on. Also consider putting together Nino-Emblem, which is just Nino with a blade tome who is supported by three dancers who have buffs and wings of mercy. A subset of the community is infatuated with Nino (she does her best) and there is a 99% chance that you can find step by step guides to beating the hardest special battle content with a Nino Emblem team. Furthermore the people making those guides also strive to use the most basic and barebones builds that they can.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Had terrible luck on this banner. Blew tons of orbs, only got Leanne as far as focus units go. (Got an off-focus dream-cult Camilla though, which is...interesting.)

It's a good thing I already wanted Nintendo to have all my money!

Update: Scraped together 20 orbs doing Hard story maps and pulled a Tibarn!

Maybe I actually have a shot at getting Nailah before the banner ends.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I'm trying to catch up on what I missed since Halloween. These grails are neat and I've launched my aether castle. I am however sad that I can't use grails to merge up the Askr trio. My boy Alfonse has been a monster in combat in the arena, but his score potential is subpar. It's not like I frequently have better options, but still.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Pretty stress-free aether season when there is zero chance of advancing tier. I'm sitting here in 19 and don't really care about the throne or 2 Grail difference from rank rewards, so it's just a matter of winning a few points per battle and staying in 19.

Didn't feel like it at first, but I guess it's settled into the same spot as normal arena for me. I just go back and forth between tier 19 and 20, get most of the rewards, and never stress about perfect runs or using specific units or skills for points.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I enjoyed climbing the tiers of Aether Raids, but 6 person defense teams has crushed the desire out of me. Not to say that it's impossible for me to get through that, but I don't feel like putting in the time necessary to do it. Camping around at 19 is still fun enough without taking up much time, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

Note to self: if enemy LAzura has a dance buff seal, turn on animations.

This marks the second time Azura's song got powercrept by her own alt.

s7Imn5J.png
    Uggggggg... it's not earth season anymore, which means flying Gunnthra is not getting buffed by Female Grima anymore.... which means she now takes more damage and cannot tank blues like she could last week T_T Also I'm getting like 6-10ish less points per match... *sigh* It's going to be a PITA to get a deathless streak and even if I do, I may not be able to stay T21 :/

edited January 2019
    Ok, I somehow finally managed to get a really solid deathless run with some semi-high scoring matches (one or two 748s in there). I'll take that. Hoping it's enough to stay T21.

P.S. - Fuck you L!Azura. Stop being a bonus unit so I can stop seeing you on teams.

P.P.S. - this team amused me. All +10. Super whales over here...
    7chd7jjzmslf.png

Warlock82 on
    There is always a bigger fish...

7244qyoka3pp.gif

I love the idea of Quan and Ethlyn as basically soccer moms cheering their kids on

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    So to round out my set of maxed out tome users, I decided to massively overinvest into a fairly overlooked unit.

5f0b2dmo4449.png

C skill is pending. Was hoping to get him a Joint Hone Spd but I'm not having luck on that banner, except for the part where I got pitybroken by a Morgan that brought this guy to +10. Holding off on it for now, since it'll very much depend on what team he ends up on. Sticking with Bonfire for now, and it'll be even better when his Def bane gets zeroed out in the upcoming patch.

I tend to just slap a drive on units since I always have so much fodder (at least for drive speed Tailtiu) and drives always seem pretty good.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I tend to just slap a drive on units since I always have so much fodder (at least for drive speed Tailtiu) and drives always seem pretty good.

I also do that, but the kind of Drive I would give will depend on the team comp he ends up on.

Plus I wanted to do something obnoxious like one of the new C skills just to put a truly fuckoff amount of inherits into a goddamn Morgan.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    So many "Issues Fixed" notifications lately. And still no compensation orbs.

I suspect because they're english translation errors and not actual spell errors

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Details, details. Orbs please! :P

Warlock82 wrote: »

I suspect because they're english translation errors and not actual spell errors

Well, the Azura thing was an error, but it's resulting in an accidental buff being made intentional instead of nerfing it, so I guess orbs would have been whipped cream on top.

s7Imn5J.png