As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Theres an old non defunct podcast that did a big liquor thing once. People from all over sent them booze to drink and they drank it all and got very drunk.

When they got to Malort they said "Theres a pirate ship on this bottle? But its from Chicago? What kind of Pirate gets so lost they end up in Chicago?"

After drinking Malort they said "I understand how those pirates ran aground in the great lakes now"

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Malort is great

There's a bar near my work that does what they call the Corpse Reviver #312, that is essentially the same as a #2 but with a splash of Malort added alongside the absinthe

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I was at a bar once with the "Chicago Cheap Ass Special" it was a can of PBR, a shot of malort, and a shot Early Times. For $4.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The one I'm used to is the Chicago Handshake, which is a can of Old Style and a shot of Malort

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    if you think i haven't conquered malort in the past, you have not learned anything about me

It just tasted like dirty bottom-shelf tequila to me.

I will thank you not to ask me how I know what that tastes like.

look we've all been there

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    To every thing (even the dirtiest, bottom-shelf tequila), there is a season.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I remember getting very drunk on Montezuma Tequila which my roommate dubbed, "a fine, sippin' tequila"

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    never sip tequila

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    A lot of people in this country pooh-pooh Australian table wines. This is a pity, as many fine Australian wines appeal not only to the Australian palette, but also to the cognoscenti of Great Britain.

'Black stump Bordeaux' is rightly praised as a peppermint flavoured Burgundy, whilst a good 'Sydney Syrup' can rank with any of the world's best sugary wines.

'Chateau Bleu', too, has won many prizes; not least for its taste, and its lingering afterburn.

'Old Smokey, 1968' has been compared favourably to a Welsh claret, whilst the Australian wino society thouroughly recommends a 1970 'Coq du Rod Laver', which, believe me, has a kick on it like a mule: 8 bottles of this, and you're really finished -- at the opening of the Sydney Bridge Club, they were fishing them out of the main sewers every half an hour.

Of the sparkling wines, the most famous is 'Perth Pink'. This is a bottle with a message in, and the message is BEWARE!. This is not a wine for drinking -- this is a wine for laying down and avoiding.

Another good fighting wine is 'Melbourne Old-and-Yellow', which is particularly heavy, and should be used only for hand-to-hand combat.

Quite the reverse is true of 'Chateau Chunder', which is an Appalachian controle, specially grown for those keen on regurgitation -- a fine wine which really opens up the sluices at both ends.

Real emetic fans will also go for a 'Hobart Muddy', and a prize winning 'Cuiver Reserve Chateau Bottled Nuit San Wogga Wogga', which has a bouquet like an australian armpit.

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    That story could only be improved if you had gotten shitfaced on mead instead.

Alas, I drank all my mead a few days prior with a friend of mine who was leaving the state. And I had like, a bunch of barlywine that I needed to drink.

Seriously, I've got like, 40 bottles of barelywine.

I don't know if this is a typo or autocorrect, but I love this formulation. I, too, have drunk many things that are barely wine.

Nightrain is barelywine. Hell, it is barelydrinkable.

Fuck me, that was a typo. I went through a really big Barleywine phase a few years ago and acquired way more than I can justifiably drink by myself. I've been whittling things away over the past six months, most of it barrel aged. Red Wine. Bourbon, Rum, Oak, even a few blends. Tasty stuff!

Also, I forgot to post this last night as I became preoccupied with finding my wallet that I thought it'd lost. But Satan came to visit me again!

Imgur is being shitty and I'm not at home right now, but I got a copy of The Clone Wars Omnibus Vol.1. I love Star Wars comics, and The Clone Wars are fuckin amazing. Thank you so much Satan! <3

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    . wrote: »
    Don't tell my dog I said this, but damn that Engel is a handsome dog.

Yeah I guess he can be pretty cute sometimes

joo0muw.jpg

PchomBJ.jpg

These are too big to embed
    but too good to not include

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    EEEEE LOOK AT ALL THE TOOOYS

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Enough to bury an average sized corgi with!

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Brolo wrote: »
    A lot of people in this country pooh-pooh Australian table wines. This is a pity, as many fine Australian wines appeal not only to the Australian palette, but also to the cognoscenti of Great Britain.

'Black stump Bordeaux' is rightly praised as a peppermint flavoured Burgundy, whilst a good 'Sydney Syrup' can rank with any of the world's best sugary wines.

'Chateau Bleu', too, has won many prizes; not least for its taste, and its lingering afterburn.

'Old Smokey, 1968' has been compared favourably to a Welsh claret, whilst the Australian wino society thouroughly recommends a 1970 'Coq du Rod Laver', which, believe me, has a kick on it like a mule: 8 bottles of this, and you're really finished -- at the opening of the Sydney Bridge Club, they were fishing them out of the main sewers every half an hour.

Of the sparkling wines, the most famous is 'Perth Pink'. This is a bottle with a message in, and the message is BEWARE!. This is not a wine for drinking -- this is a wine for laying down and avoiding.

Another good fighting wine is 'Melbourne Old-and-Yellow', which is particularly heavy, and should be used only for hand-to-hand combat.

Quite the reverse is true of 'Chateau Chunder', which is an Appalachian controle, specially grown for those keen on regurgitation -- a fine wine which really opens up the sluices at both ends.

Real emetic fans will also go for a 'Hobart Muddy', and a prize winning 'Cuiver Reserve Chateau Bottled Nuit San Wogga Wogga', which has a bouquet like an australian armpit.

I’m pretty certain you made up half of those names.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I'm very certain he made most of those up.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I'm very certain he made most of those up.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that there isn't an Aussie winery that sells wines by colour: https://www.yellowglen.com/our-collections/colours

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

I’m pretty certain you made up half of those names.

John Cleese, Eric Idle, and the rest of the Pythons did montypython.net/scripts/austwine.php

• Options
    I got a package?!

It's either from Satan or some comics, so either way I win. We'll find out tonight

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    What's this? Another package?!
    Z8KioF8.jpg
    Cat spoons!

aRQ6fCC.jpg
    They hold on to your mug with their little paws so you can drink without a spoon in your face!

There wasn't a note so I'm not exactly sure if they came from Satan, but if they did then thank you!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Those are the most adorable spoons I've ever seen.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Ok so I'm @Kadith 's Satan

I've already sent him a PM with tracking info

I sent my gift a week ago by USPS and paid for three day shipping but the tracking has been stuck on "ACCEPTED" since monday which I think means accepted by USPS?

I am getting frustrated.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Not sure if I like the way that dog is licking it’s chops at the sight of those cat spoons.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    From the dog's perspective it probably looks like a bag of treats.

It's a good dog, Marathon.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Engel pretty much knows that anytime I'm looking at him with my phone it involves treats

He's eager for the reward of being a good boi

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    I got a package?!

It's either from Satan or some comics, so either way I win. We'll find out tonight
    kb0mmks.jpg
    Well, this fits the profile for either...
    l1rHsZK.jpg
    It was Satan! With Slaughterhouse Five! I was very close to buying this today.
    wkDYy5n.jpg
    Thanks @Iloveslimes!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Another package has arrived! Well, I guess it arrived over a week ago but I hadn't visited my shipping address in about two weeks so Satan caught me off guard with the double dunk of gifting!

But before that, a note on my previous gift. I was going to post images of my gifts (a twelve beer gift set from Tavour) as I opened them but I realized that not everyone needs or wants to see 12 bottles of beer. Having said that, I did in fact take a picture of each bottle (or can in one case) as I enjoyed them after each day. Presented now, under a giant spoiler so you don't have to see booze unless you want to, are the twelve days of Beermas starting on December 14th and ending on Christmas Day:
    xz6h4hkwufy2.jpg
    The first brew was a heavily spiced brown ale that help me get into the season.

f319pug6yhxo.jpg
    Next was my first beverage from Spain! Interestingly it was refered to as a "malt beverage" and did not appear to be carbonated. The flavor profile reminded me of a brew I've had before though...

8s0ggnkdnz4q.jpg
    The Duchesse De Bourgogne is a sour red ale that I've had many times before, but the chocolate variation is absolutely amazing! My local wine cellar stocks this as well and I'll be sure to pick some up in the future to share. Highly recommended.

uw1sicjdbvsl.jpg
    Haha. I went to Pizza Port the day before opening this beer, so I got a chuckle out enjoying another Port Brewing creation so soon. The label isn't quite what I remember...

rs7q8f6x0wo2.jpg
    Unusual name. Good beer.

l76mfj4jw4u0.jpg
    I only heard of the gose style about three years ago. I love sour beer, but the salt content throws me off a bit. The cardamom was front a center in this one.

5wkxxh3pwjsy.jpg
    Prairie's BOMB! was what the Evil Twin beverage reminded me of, but I hadn't had this holiday spiced variant. Honestly the holiday spice gets a bit lost in the Ancho Chile, but it's still a very good beer.

(At this point I get tired of taking pictures on my table and decide to vary it up a bit.)

b3qjkpa1wycj.jpg
    This is the one I remember! Even better than the previous version.

8zbpmtfbqjd6.jpg
    Ho ho ho! Drinking a 22oz bottle of barleywine will get you kinda drunk! Probably should have saved and shared this one...

69psshmqpmgm.jpg
    Kinda similar to the first beer out of the box, but not as aggressively spiced.

n9kjjvr76tbd.jpg
    Pictures do this beer no justice. It is DEEP purple. And yummy!

bg6f6t4ka6br.jpg
    I brought the last box over to my parent's place to share. The family that drinks together, uh... drinks together? Political arguments are still a thing but at least my dad and I can talk beer.

As for today's bounty, well, no spoiler tags could contain this.

bilj37zahmxb.jpg

A package! The shipping label on the on the other side refers to the shipper as "PupSocks" so I prepared myself for some cute socks with little dog faces on them. But instead:

e6bjpy5yohc7.jpg

KAZAAM! Shaq Attack! It's like Shaq-Fu for my feet! I said that I needed to step up my sock game from the old black dress socks, but I'm not sure they're ready for me now! Thanks Satan, you magnificent gifter!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Shaq socks!

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    @#pipe

I meant to post that USPS tracking has been weird for me lately but I got busy.

ANYWAYS WHAT SHOULD SURPRISE ME WHILE I AM WORKING THIS WEEKEND?!

sy8aRPyl.jpg

Why it's a box from the great white North!

We quickly tear into it:

QJQCa2kl.jpg

To find:

ghPW9LPl.jpg

Some enticing locally roasted coffee
    Local dog treats!
    A very cool handmade outlet lamp!

And most of all socks!

Thanks #pipe!

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    *PHEW*
    I'm glad it all go there finally. I hope you like!

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    I got a package?!

kb0mmks.jpg
    l1rHsZK.jpg
    wkDYy5n.jpg
    Thanks @Iloveslimes!

Glad it made it to you! How are the socks? They looked a lot comfier than the usual silly socks. Also there will be another package on the way. Instead of sending it out on Friday I had go to the vet with my cat. She'll be okay, but it took so much longer than I thought it would.

• Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm glad your cat is okay!

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    I got a package?!

kb0mmks.jpg
    l1rHsZK.jpg
    wkDYy5n.jpg
    Thanks @Iloveslimes!

Glad it made it to you! How are the socks? They looked a lot comfier than the usual silly socks. Also there will be another package on the way. Instead of sending it out on Friday I had go to the vet with my cat. She'll be okay, but it took so much longer than I thought it would.

The socks are quite comfy! I have always been a fan of silly socks so I am glad to have them to add to the drawer. Sorry to hear about your cat! I hope she recovers quickly!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    SHUT the FRONT DOOR you guys

I was told I would receive a FLAT PACKAGE and I DID! Which timing-wise worked out perfectly because I'm leaving town for a work trip to China tomorrow.

Jt3rnbrl.jpg

Coaster for my privacy's protection!

tkrzmNCl.jpg?1

Inside was one of Nic's amazing Christmas cards! I have three of these now and I put them up in my apartment every holiday season. I actually thought at first that this was the flat pack gift and it would have been enough.

BUT THAT WASN'T ALL.

lLF3L6Z.jpg?1

Nic made me a fucking artwork of a vintage cheese wrapper featuring my fucking dog

so now I'm dead

I was genuinely like tearing up and also laughing hysterically when I saw it, it is the perfect combination of thoughtful and completely absurd.

Nic, you're the best. I will put up a new picture when I frame it and hang it in my kitchen.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That's an incredible job on that wrapper

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oh my God, Nic

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Today was weird, Bodhi heard a car at the front. Like a small hatchback car. With the engine running. And when I did a sneaky peak out the door, no one was there. So I did the only sensible thing and locked all of my other doors. Turns out it was a courier who probably just went to the other house first, until they got the right place, and they gave me a box!

VcyAW0F.jpg
    UOhHu8i.jpg
    zekbiKh.jpg
    XJrthGd.jpg

Thanks for the presents mystery (presumed) human! I've been wanting these two books for a while so much that I got these maybe an hour ago and didn't post anything because I was too busy paging through them. Thanks a lot and I look forward to part two!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm finally back in the US and I have a Sancrut Saiyan update!

I got home last night to a BIG EXCITING BOX

qah0ucjgrigf.jpg

but i was so jetlagged that after bringing it upstairs I went to do something and completely forgot it was there. So it didn't get opened ... until today ...

Here is the pictorial essay of my box investigation

hgady2xjkcc8.jpg

the inscrutable East??

wi5xdiewczio.jpg

Very Lewis Carroll. Ok, envelope, we'll get to you. But other things are also emerging from the cardboardy depths ...

a5y61fect3kg.jpg
    c9iu4b7z62bd.jpg

Inside the (beautiful!) wrapping ...

54wrlax2w1pc.jpg

holy shit!

45q9soajnngp.jpg

holy shit!!!

fj01vh285mw6.jpg

holy shit!!!!!

Two AMAZING knives, hilarious crockery, and a stellar whisky? Who on earth could be this generous???!?

x5uzbd81nz3y.jpg

Awww! Thanks, @godmode ! This is a sincerely fantastic set of gifts, I'm blown away!

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Phew, glad it all made it there safe!

PS: the knives are custom engraved on the opposite side, in case anyone ever tries to steal them!

godmode on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Damn that's a nice haul, two nice choppahs, some nice splashy laughy stuff, and some nice things what you drink splashy laughy stuff out of.