As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Okay, this step up wasn't a total bust. The 5+1 gave me my first Shadowlord, and I got the Cloud I needed from the final step, and on the way I got Trance Terra #2 and Kurasame #1 (and Jiraya #3).

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    5+1 got me a gold and five blues. I can't remember the last time I got a rainbow out of guaranteed tickets or step-ups with guarantees or massive rate-ups.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    ugh. 5* ex got me like my 7th marie.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Well, one more for another Original Arrival? It's a pretty good STMR at least.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Quality of Life update coming soon (supposed to be this month). The unit inventory is getting an update to move enhance units (pots, moogles, cactuars) into their own tab with 1000 slots. This is going to be a huge help and I've been holding off on expanding my unit inventory space because of this update. I also have a ton of enhance units in my mailbox waiting for this too. I can't wait to clean house!

• Options
    That and the Mixer will combine to make my 565 unit slots feel like so much more. I haven't gone through and counted all of the units I have that are just gonna get mulched up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's half of my non-enhancer units.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Well, its almost time to use my fan festia free unit tickets.
    Here are my options.

Demon rain (first)
    Dracu Lasswell (second)
    White Knight noel (first)
    Yun (First)
    Grim lord Sakra (First)
    Chistine (Would be third)
    Kryla (Would be third)
    Ang (First)
    Chow (First)
    Lucius and Lillith (First)

Absolutely Don't need more:
    Olive (got like 6 of her)
    Freyvia (also 6+ of her)
    Reberta (also 6+ of her)

Can still pull normally, so why waste it:
    Seaside Nichol/Aloha lasswell (first )
    Circe (Second)
    Malphasie (Second)
    Beryl (Third)
    Ellesperis (Second i think).
    Zargabaath (third)
    Barbariccia (Would be my fourth, dont need stmr immediately)

So in terms of ones I would like to have:
    (Kinda wanted for a while but hes not important anymore) Demon Rain
    (Just for the novelty) WKN
    (Really curious what his 7* is going to look like) Ang
    Grim lord Sakura was pretty op...wouldnt mind having her either but in the realm of the 7* this is more about collecting then practicality.

No point pulling a third Kyrla/Christine. Second Dracu somewhat useful but boring to pull a dupe.

I don't need Lucius/Lillith/chow.

Oh what the hell, I'm pulling Ang.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Quality of Life update coming soon (supposed to be this month). The unit inventory is getting an update to move enhance units (pots, moogles, cactuars) into their own tab with 1000 slots. This is going to be a huge help and I've been holding off on expanding my unit inventory space because of this update. I also have a ton of enhance units in my mailbox waiting for this too. I can't wait to clean house!

I'm hoping we'll get an Exvius Updates video soon detailing all the new QoL stuff. It's about time for one to come out, unless they're waiting until right before Chinese New Year to put the spotlight on the new CNY units and 7* awakenings for Yun, Ang and Chow.

And speaking of Ang and Yun, I'm hoping their 7* are really good. Ang, theoretically, should be good since he was pretty strong as a 6* and we're still in TDH meta. Yun's awakening might be too soon before TDW buffs to become competetive. He'd have to pick up some really strong abilities. I still like him, though.

I'm also at a bit of a crossroads. Do I guarantee a 7* Ang by GL UoCing him and then pass on Yun? Or do I GL UoC someone else and then try to pull on whatever three way (Ang, Chow and Yun) banner and potentially get neither. On one hand, I can save Lapis by UoCing Ang now, on the other hand, I do want them both. I do also want Chow, because he's a good boy.

Damned choices.

Zomro on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I got my first 5* from the 5+1 ticket... It was Machina #1, ah well. I got all excited when I saw the screen change.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    That and the Mixer will combine to make my 565 unit slots feel like so much more. I haven't gone through and counted all of the units I have that are just gonna get mulched up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's half of my non-enhancer units.

Lol 662/665 unit slots used.

• Options
    All of this GLEX UoC discourse just proves to me that they're a curse placed upon us by a cruel good.

Gumi pls.

• Options
    A little over 2 weeks to go before I take the GLEX UoC plunge. Front runner is still Christine #4 for her STMR.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I have 845 unit slots. I think half of that is going to be empty come update.

• Options
    Every time I think about what to get with the GLEX UoC I come away less sure. Finally picking a unit on Jan 31st is going to be so stressful.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to end up getting a second Demon Rain to 7* him. Him and Lucius are the only limited units I have.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yeah, I really, really need to see the Mixer before I can decide.

I have 3 Lilith's and 3 Lucius', so I can nab an SMTR there. Both of them are pretty decent; Lucius' especially since I have 0 Aileen's.
    Also got zero Christine's from Xmas, so I only have my original one from the prior Xmas. So one there would 7* her.. I have no Trance Terra, so she's my only Terra chainer. But Elly is going to be replacing both of them pretty soon, so that seems like a waste.

I have one Yun, so that could be a guaranteed 7* but since he already has enhancements, I don't know how good he'll end up being.
    Or take my first Ang or Chow and hope to pull another in February.... and that they're worth it.

• Options
    Yeah, seeing what limited time units (if any) have Prisms in the Mixer sure would make the decision a lot easier. I kinda doubt the Mixer will come around this month, mostly for that reason.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I would pee a little if KH Cloud was. I just love that sprite.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    I would pee a little if KH Cloud was. I just love that sprite.

If we follow the JP formula, he very well may be. On JP side limited time units have their Prisms added after their collab event ends, and it's updated periodically. The only thing up in the air for us is seasonally available holiday units. Since they come back around every year there's some question as to whether or not their Prisms will ever be added to the Mixer.

As someone with one Khloud, I'd be pretty happy with his Prism getting into the Mixer.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Whew, Finally, got the uoc ticket from KM. Now i just need to grind out the tickets and see if i need anything else or if I'm done with the event.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Got all the tickets and SQ. On to moogles.

Weirdly i was down to 100 of Prismatic Horn but close to 300 of everything else.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Yeah I think those horns are used by everyone and the others are sorta random.

• Options
    So against my better judgement, I went in on the Cloud/Sephiroth step up. Needed some rainbows after a crappy day.

Had 3 of each to start, so was hoping for just one of each.

Was not looking good, first two steps came up blanks. Then my 3rd step was just the guaranteed came up Gladiolus #4. Sweet, a new STMR.

Was going to call it quits but my son insisted on doing steps 4 and 5 for me. So of course he goes ahead and step 4 comes down as rainbow. Cracks and triple rainbow. All 3 are Sephiroths. So now I have two extra Sephiroths for fun.

Step 5 is just the guaranteed but it came out Cloud so in total, 3 new STMRs. Best 25k I've spent in a long time.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Weirdly i was down to 100 of Prismatic Horn but close to 300 of everything else.

I forgot about the SQ so just grabbed those. I have almost 1000.

It's not nearly so useful anymore. :|

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »

I forgot about the SQ so just grabbed those. I have almost 1000.

It's not nearly so useful anymore. :|

Someone needs to bite the bullet and buy all the 10% moogles so Gumi releases a new way to spend them all for awesome rewards or something.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    There we go, UoC ticket get. Next, summon tickets for the reserve.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    I just have a couple of unit specific moogles (8k) and cactuars left to buy. Don't forget that we're getting like 15k from the exploration event on Friday. I don't awaken units that quickly so I always seem to have an endless supply between IW/raid rewards and story events.

• Options
    Story event will give us another 1200 lapis right? I'm definitely skipping Folka since I have the 2 healers at 7* already. But she is adorable.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Story event will give us another 1200 lapis right? I'm definitely skipping Folka since I have the 2 healers at 7* already. But she is adorable.

More than that I think. The Cryst farming stages on the second week will give 800 Lapis on their own.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I can't find data on the Sieghard event but the Elephim event was 3,700 lapis, and the Citra event was the same.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    I can't find data on the Sieghard event but the Elephim event was 3,700 lapis, and the Citra event was the same.

Yeah they've been pretty standard at 3700 since Hyoh. Which is good, because I think the Hyoh story event was the last one that had the easy UoC ticket attached to it. So we aren't giving up any lapis from the UoC ticket taking a reward spot either.

• Options
    Ohh I just lowball it to keep my expectations low lol. Especially with how shit the bundles have been lately.

When is Chinese New Year? Maybe something good will come then.

• Options
    Ohh I just lowball it to keep my expectations low lol. Especially with how shit the bundles have been lately.

The actual Lunar New Year this year is Feb 5th. So if Gumi is on time we should see the banner on Feb 1st or Feb 8th.
    Fingers super crossed for Feb 1st though, because that means we should be able to see the data mine on Jan 31st, the last day before the GL UoC has to be used. Maximum data!

• Options

February 5th is the actual date, who knows when we'll get the event. I'm pretty interested in what the units are gonna be - it's year of the Pig (specifically Earth Pig) and they could go so many different ways with a pig unit. I kinda hope for an anthropomorphic boar man who is a strong physical tank. I mean, we have no lack of strong physical tanks (and with an earth theme, no less!) but it would still be cool.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I think it would be cool to get some sort of physical attacker similar to Shadow with his dog, Interceptor. An attacker that has a boar/pig to combo attack with would be neat. They could make them earth elemental imbuers and chainers. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

February 5th is the actual date, who knows when we'll get the event. I'm pretty interested in what the units are gonna be - it's year of the Pig (specifically Earth Pig) and they could go so many different ways with a pig unit. I kinda hope for an anthropomorphic boar man who is a strong physical tank. I mean, we have no lack of strong physical tanks (and with an earth theme, no less!) but it would still be cool.

Spider-Pig collab when?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Yeah, not sure what i want to do. I have Rem and Ayaka, but folka offers some really good support with charm, stop, ailments, and break defense.

I’ll probably throw some tickets since the other units look interesting and go from there. More likely i’ll pass to keep saving for Xenogears.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    We should find out the next raid/collab before the Folka banner goes away. I would hold off until then. No need to burn resources immediately for Folka. We have no content currently or in the near future that requires her. I saw/heard this mentioned either on reddit or YouTube, but Folka is a long term investment.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    well, I finally forgot to run all of the ads yesterday and now I am a day behind.

sad.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Woof, 4th esper at 60 finally. Only 10 more to go thru (not assuming bahamut, anima, and alex get a 3*).

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
This discussion has been closed.