As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Marvel] Thread: Now in WandaVision!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    One of my favorite "superhero reveals their identity to a loved one" scenes was on Arrow
    Oliver realizes he has to tell Thea he's the Green Arrow and he's so afraid she's going to hate him.

He tells her, and she goes something like "So every time I've turned around and you've been gone for the past 3 years, or you didn't answer your phone, you were...out saving people's lives." and she's just amazed by him

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    also I'm sure none of the class trip is going to think it's weird that Spider-Man starts showing up in the same European cities as them, the same time they're there.

MJ is totally figuring it out this movie.

I hope they don't even drag it out, just like, first scene with her after he shows up as Spider-Man she's just like "okay so clearly you're spider-man..."

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also the music in the trailer sounds like they are properly embracing the 60s Spidey theme as the Main Theme for the character in the MCU rather than just briefly playing it in the intro like Homecoming and it sounds fantastic

CYpGAPn.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    One of my favorite "superhero reveals their identity to a loved one" scenes was on Arrow
    Oliver realizes he has to tell Thea he's the Green Arrow and he's so afraid she's going to hate him.

He tells her, and she goes something like "So every time I've turned around and you've been gone for the past 3 years, or you didn't answer your phone, you were...out saving people's lives." and she's just amazed by him
    Did he squirm and go: "Well, to be honest, I also killed alot of people. like at least every second time you tried to call."?

I just saw the rarest of things: a comic news site bullshit hypothetical article that actually had a good idea.

Because Black Panther 2 will be in development post-Disney/Fox merger

The villain should be Doctor Doom in his MCU debut and it should be a rough adaptation of Doomwar

CYpGAPn.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I just saw the rarest of things: a comic news site bullshit hypothetical article that actually had a good idea.

The villain should be Doctor Doom in his MCU debut and it should be a rough adaptation of Doomwar

But how does Namor fit into that.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Zonugal wrote: »

He doesn't because Marvel still doesn't fully have those rights from Paramount or wherever

CYpGAPn.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

He doesn't because Marvel still doesn't fully have those rights from Paramount or wherever

Bah!

Bah humbug!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

I've got five bucks on Storm showing up

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

It would be an unconventional but good intro for Doom, and if the ending is the same as Doomwar be a solid change in the status quo.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

I think the Namor rights are similar to the Hulk rights, in that it would actually be cheaper for them if he showed up in an ensemble film rather than a solo adventure

Having various X-Men show up in other movies and hint at some secret mutant bullshit before just making an MCU X-Men film would be a decent idea

They need to take a break from the X-Men for a while. Spidey had the benefit of there being a decent amount of time between Spidey 3 and ASM and the fact that across both franchises there had only been a total of 5 movies across, like, 15 years or so.

The X-Men have basically never stopped making movies and factoring in all the spin-offs they have made 12 X-Men Movies since X-Men 1.

Taking a break from the movies to let them breathe but slowly introducing the various mutants through the MCU would solve a lot of problems

CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    plus they should let people forget about that Dark Phoenix movie coming out this year, which will probably not be good

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    From the trailer:
    Peter, to MJ: “you’re pretty.”

MJ: “and therefore I have value!?”

Peter: *gulp*

MJ: “I’m just messing with you. You’re...pretty too.”

That whole interaction just slayed me.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    That looks like a really fun Spider-movie
    Mysterio is totally doing the Incredibles "pretend to fight the giant robot I unleashed" thing isn't he?
    Isn't he fighting Hydroman? I really hope that's hydroman.
    Reportedly it is Hydro-Man, Sandman and Molten Man
    We just need Wood Man and Metal Man and we've got all the elements.
    And if they swap out Hydro Man for Airman, we've got a band.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Finally got to watch it
    Yeah, the music at the end of the trailer is really great. Fits Spidey a lot more than any past Spidey film score has

The Flash bit right at the end was aces

Regardless of how the story turns out, jesus christ War of the Realms is gonna be pretty as hell

CYpGAPn.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Who's that doggo?

Also the last page: Grand Villain Entrance *bonk*

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Far From Home trailer spoilers, from 1:54 specifically
    Is that the Noir suit? or at least a nod to it?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    honovere wrote: »
    Who's that doggo?

That's Thori. The helldog that Kid Loki got in Gillen's Journey into Mystery that Thor has since adopted.

CYpGAPn.png
    honovere wrote: »
    Who's that doggo?

That's Thori. The helldog that Kid Loki got in Gillen's Journey into Mystery that Thor has since adopted.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That's Chappie

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    <record scratch>

Yep, that’s me. You’re probably wondering how I got into this mess...

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    <record scratch>

Yep, that’s me. You’re probably wondering how I got into this mess...

thor-hanging-around.jpg

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Gonna post this here too

There is a theory going around, about Far From Home, that is backed up by some rumors that were confirmed by the trailer:
    Nick Fury isn't Nick Fury. He's Chameleon and is playing Spider-Man as part of Mysterio's big con.

CYpGAPn.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Gonna post this here too

There is a theory going around, about Far From Home, that is backed up by some rumors that were confirmed by the trailer:
    Nick Fury isn't Nick Fury. He's Chameleon and is playing Spider-Man as part of Mysterio's big con.

It's actually
    a skrull playing the chameleon playing mystique playing Nick Fury playing Samuel L Jackson

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I want Thori to meet Dog Venom

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »

Infinity War spoilers
    I know that we all know that the snap is getting undone, but it'd be nice if Marvel Studios at least pretended that there were big things at stake in Endgame.

I think if marvel had much say in how Sony markets their movie this trailer wouldn’t have dropped until after Endgame.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    At :50 into the trailer there's a boat with ASM 212 on it as the designation

Amazing Spider-Man #212 is the introduction of Hydro-Man

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I want Thori to meet Dog Venom

New Pet Avengers!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

xp45zdwx0j4q.jpg

Punisher being thrown into the deep end of magical/science bullshit he has no understanding of or control over is probably my favorite type of Punisher appearance so sure okay

Also it is hilarious that post resurrection Logan's official outfit for appearing in the Marvel Universe abroad is White T-Shirt, Jeans, Boots, Sometimes Cowboy Hat

CYpGAPn.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Has there been a good Punisher story where the Punisher is up against something he cannot physical violence away, like I dunno ghosts or something, is there a good Punisher ghost story where it doesn't end with him blowing up ghosts with ghost bombs or what have you

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Has there been a good Punisher story where the Punisher is up against something he cannot physical violence away, like I dunno ghosts or something, is there a good Punisher ghost story where it doesn't end with him blowing up ghosts with ghost bombs or what have you

I recall enjoying the one where he, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine fought Blackheart

but I was in highschool in the mid 90s and it probably doesn't hold up. I'll never know though!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    xp45zdwx0j4q.jpg

Punisher being thrown into the deep end of magical/science bullshit he has no understanding of or control over is probably my favorite type of Punisher appearance so sure okay

Also it is hilarious that post resurrection Logan's official outfit for appearing in the Marvel Universe abroad is White T-Shirt, Jeans, Boots, Sometimes Cowboy Hat

What were you expecting? Yellow spandex?

Gonna post this here too

Really hope this is true, but realized a flaw
    I believe Maria Hill is also in the movie?

Jimothy wrote: »
    Gonna post this here too

I would imagine she is the one who would clue Peter in on Nick being a phoney, if this is all true

CYpGAPn.png
    Gonna post this here too

I would imagine she is the one who would clue Peter in on Nick being a phoney, if this is all true
    That requires Mysterio and the Chameleon to know about Parker's secret identity, which is a trope I would hope they could avoid for at least a single movie given Parker is like the only MCU film hero whose identity is secret. The world even knows the Hulk is Bruce Banner at this point.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Gonna post this here too

It's actually
    a skrull playing the chameleon playing mystique playing Nick Fury playing Samuel L Jackson

So really
    It’s a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude

I hope it’s not true because I would like an end to
    The villain learning Spidey’s identity.

Gonna post this here too

That requires Mysterio and the Chameleon to know about Parker's secret identity, which is a trope I would hope they could avoid for at least a single movie given Parker is like the only MCU film hero whose identity is secret. The world even knows the Hulk is Bruce Banner at this point.
    Eh I am fine with it in this case

The idea of this gang of superpowered thieves and con-men stumbling upon the fact Spider-Man is some teenager on a class trip and using that to pull a huge job is super entertaining to me

CYpGAPn.png
    Gonna post this here too

Eh I am fine with it in this case

The idea of this gang of superpowered thieves and con-men stumbling upon the fact Spider-Man is some teenager on a class trip and using that to pull a huge job is super entertaining to me
    Also it'd be kind weird to do that plotline just four months after a movie that has Skrulls in it.

This discussion has been closed.